Bronson Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Position
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 15, 2017
I was a Patient Care Assistant and Unit Clerk while working at Bronson. I was able to learn from other nurses and about health care while working on my own Nursing degree. The pay was great and the staff, administration was excellent in communication and encouragement. I received a lot of training and opportunities to advance while at the hospital.
Bronson Positivity
Regional Subspecialty RN - Neuroscience Center (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 10, 2017
Bronson as a whole is a positive place to work. They truly care about their employees and assist in career advancement. They are culturally competent and fair in their employment processes. They make sure that every employee is given the opportunity to be educated and to grow.
Pros
Lots of Benefits
Cons
I dont have any
Great environment
Radiology Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 4, 2017
Great Environment good benefits lots of opportunity to grow and assistance with schooling I've worked here a year and half and have moved up three positions.
Positive atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 3, 2017
Bronson always cultivates an environment of positivity, and I have learned to better work as a team. Management is very fair and relates well with employees, always creating a comfortable atmosphere. The most difficult part of the job are just the daily stressors nurses must endure. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I have the opportunity to help people and make a difference. I also really enjoy spending time with my co-workers.
Pros
positive, encouraging, team-oriented atmosphere
Cons
Small lunch cafe
Friendly environment
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 23, 2017
I work 3rd shift (11p to 7a.) Create my own schedule. My position is contingent, so sometimes calling in for my assignment at night, they put me on call until 11, and end up not needing me (little rough on bills losing hours like that.) Pay isn't the best for my position (contingent PSA 3rd shift.) My unit coordinator is great. Training is good. I'd say 75% of the units i work on have outstanding nurses and PCAs. The rest are mediocre or not the greatest. I say this as far as helping you out, making sure you get your break, talking to you. All units are great with patient care tho, most importantly. 30 minute breaks are hard in my position because there's hardly any time to make it to the cafe, eat, and back. You can apply for new positions after 6 months in yours, i don't know yet how easy that process is. Overall it's a highly recommended place to work.
Pros
Good cafe food, float pool management is great, convenience of creating my own schedule in float pool
Cons
Short breaks, lower pay for my position, no benefits in my position even when working 40 hours a week
Decent place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 9, 2017
Paid well, however management was lacking. There was a lack of consideration for personal life and issue. Was a no fault policy, which means it doesn't matter if a family member died or if you had a heart attack you would be penalized for missing work.
Wonderful place to work.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 22, 2017
Great work environment with high level of respect for all employees. Great medical teams, public service is tops. Diverse, caring, professional. Community minded.
Pros
Positivity
Administrative/Patient rep.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 20, 2017
I worked full time in the float pool as a Patient Representative- It was fine, the fact that I was able to do multiple sites and get a change of scenery was nice. But that also meant that I didn't get any benefits or PTO. My time off requests were unpaid even though I was working 40 hours a week and were often times denied because I was covering everyone else's Paid Time Off.. Working Full time with no benefits and no PTO makes it almost not worth it.If you're applying, make sure it's for an actual location and not a float position or they'll take advantage of you.
Pay was great....
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 7, 2017
Bronson was viewed as "Top 100 Best Places to work for working mothers" NOT the case at all. When I was at Bronson my daughter was young and had a lot of health issues. I had missed several days of work - so instead of offering me FMLA my supervisor just reprimanded me. Management was HORRIBLE
Excellent place to work, great benefits.
Radiology Assistant/Transport (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 4, 2017
A wonderful teaching hospital with many perks. Great opportunity for advancement and furthering education. Quality of care here is definitely top notch.
Excellent
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 4, 2017
I have zero complaints about BMH.
Wonderful hospital and staff.
Management is great.
I enjoy coming into work and working with some awesome coworkers.
I would reccommend this place to any and everybody
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 3, 2017
Although the medical field tends to be stressful its helpful to have welltrained, kind, hardworking, and knowledgable coworkers by your side. If youre a cna, RN, or patient sitter youre going to love your job. The key is to find what works for you. Not everybody is cut out for certain positons but once you find what you want youll work here until you retire. Awesome management, awesome staff, awesome work environment.
Pros
Cons
Expensive cafeteria
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 22, 2017
Love Bronson Methodist Hospital and everyone who works there is so nice. Great work environment and it really makes you love where you work seeing new people and helping people every day.
Good work environment
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 17, 2017
It was a good place to work. It gave me the chance to see different parts of the hospital setting work together if there was ever an emergency. It was also a really great place to gain customer service skills because you would have guests of the hospital ask you for directions. It always felt good to help people, especially in the hospital when they probably don't want to be there in the first place.
Pros
nice break times, good quality food.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed, but that happens
AN excellent Place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Labor and DeliveryAugust 9, 2017
Bronson is a great place to work. Great team work. Management lives by the Bronson Positivity slogan. There are many opportunities for advancement and I feel everyone makes a difference there.
Bronson Was My Home Away From Home For A Very Long Time
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bronson very much. I decided to leave only because I have worked in hospitals for a very long time and would like a new career.
My managers were amazing, always willing to solve problems and make time to listen.
I learned more than I ever thought I would about strong team work. On any given day the emergency department would overflow with patients which made the department very busy. Sometimes it was difficult to get a lunch break but the staff would work really hard and check on each other, making sure that coworkers had food.
The sad moments were always very difficult but its really nice to have someone there to lean on or listen and even cry together.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the team work together. I can only describe it as real life super heros.
The hardest part of the job was seeing people in pain or afraid, it is also wonderful that the team is able to help so many people.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Working in the emergency department is stressful
family oriented work enviorment , management always avaiable and great team work.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 13, 2017
Every day was a new day always had to be prepared for anything . Working at a hospital you learn to respect each individual and respect their needs. No day way the same but at the end of the day it was always the same worth every hour spent taking care of my patients. The management went above and beyond their job duties. I can count more than a handful of times that my managers were there to help me develop and grow with the vision. The hardest part of my job was the loss of a patient. The best part of my jog was gaining a work family.
Pros
Monthly meetings, contests, quarterly bonuses
Cons
on your feet all day, sore back.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Exercise Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 3, 2017
I highly enjoy working with everyone in this environment. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Work hours are very reasonable and flexible.
Loved working here!
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 1, 2017
I loved working at Bronson. Most of my co-workers were awesome people! They had good pay and benefits. It was easy to pick-up extra hours when you needed them. Hard to move into a new position from EVS, as EVS workers weren't always given the proper respect. Overall they were a pretty good employer.
Pros
Pay, benefits, co-workers, patients.
Cons
Takes forever to advance if not a Nurse or Doctor.
This is a very stressful job but worth the benefits and paid time off
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 14, 2017
This job is very stressful due to the fast pace and atmosphere itself. However if you can stick it out the benefits are exceptional and there is a lot of room for advancement into other departments.