Bronx AIDS Services Employee Reviews

Encouraged growth
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 23, 2017
I learned most of all that I know at BAS I started with an entry level position and worked my way up. I like that my supervisors had confidence on my growth and success truly grateful
While I was working with the BAS Bronx AIDS Service as a Treatment Adherence Coordinator], I was able to design educational sessions and educate clien
Treatment Adherence Case Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 12, 2015
• Completed the medical section of intakes, assessments, and reassessments and collaboratively developed treatment adherence plan and goals for individuals and families.
• Worked with team to identify and prioritize clients’ unmet needs that may impact treatment adherence.
• Ensured appropriate medical documentation in the case records; tracked and obtained information, revised/developed forms.
Pros
Helping Profession
Cons
High Turn over rate
Negative environment to learn and grow
Coordinator HIV Educ. and Training Program (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Management does not provide direct support and guidance for staff to excel.
Too much emphasis on personal connections and friendships instead of the best candidate for the position.
Salaries are menial considering the excessive amount of work expected of each worker.
Organization is in dire need of strategic planning and an overhaul in senior management.
Pros
Close to home. Organization is well known in the community.
Cons
Poor and unsupportive senior management team. Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
I learned the fundamentals and the ground work for Cobra Case management
Case Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 9, 2014
I would review case files
I would perform all administrative duties.
I would schedule medical/ mental health appointments for clients.
I would ensure clients were scheduled to meet with case management staff.
Great Experience
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 19, 2013
Wonderful experience working within the Lab. I loved working with the specimens and learning to operate all the equipment. I especially loved my outpatients. They were all very sweet and very easy to work with.
productive
COBRA Case Manager Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2012
great place to work for. moved fromt his position seeking to work with children instead of adults.
Working for BAS
COBRA Case Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Bronx AIDS Services is good program for clients receiving its services. Many of the employees go above and beyond what is asked about them for their clients who are getting serviced. Some of management(Case Managers mostly) on the other hand do not know how to treat and talk to their subordinates. In Cobra Case Management you have to be proactive from 8:30am to 5:30pm to finish your work event though you will only get paid for working 9am to 5pm. The most enjoyable part of this job would be assisting someone with their medical, mental health, nutritional, housing, and educational issues. Co workers on the other hand are very helpful as some of the other case managers.
Pros
free metrocard
Cons
health care and management not that good
Great work environment
Case Manager Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2012
I was hired as a community follow-up worker in 2002 and within 3 months I was promoted to a case manager tech...and shortly before deciding to relocate to another state (within 3 months) I was assigned my own case management team...Also the agency had great staff building events...
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
n/a
summary
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 30, 2012
I learned a lot at this company as an intern. there is no such thing as a typical day. Non-profits have to work with what they have and sometimes they dont have much. The coworkers are great and it is an energetic environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you made a difference in the lives of the clients.
Pros
satisfaction of knowing you made a difference
Cons
no set lunch breaks
great business
Assistant Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 18, 2012
Great organization. worked with at risk and undeserved community
Providing aids testing and counseling
Out Reach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2012
Reach the more trouble neighborhoods with thier was the most need for provide the youth with the tools to stay safe and remin healthy
Bronx AIDS Services (BAS)
EBI Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2012
BAS is a long standing CBO dedicated to the care of people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS
Working at BAS can be challenging but the reward of helping people stabilized their lives is the best part of the work.
As all jobs within the Social Service field the vast amount of documentation can at times be overwhelming, but if you don't document it --it never happen.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
the building too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer
Non-For-Profit Organization with a genuine love for community issues.
HIV Health Educator, Test Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 26, 2012
On a typical day, it is pleasant to work at Bronx AIDS Services. The management is stern but fair therefore it is not a uncomfortable or tense environment. As in every workplace there are what we will call "personalities" to deal with, however overall, my co-workers are easy to get along with and we come together as a team when its time to unite for community efforts. The hardest part of the job is having to give someone an HIV positive diagnosis. Although it is difficult I find that it is also important for our community to know their status and seek medical treatment in order to live healthier lives. My most enjoyable time at work is brainstorming and watching a positive outcome when our plans come together.
Pros
4 week vacations a year, as well as 3 personal days.
Cons
there is room for health care improvement.