Bronx Community College Employee Reviews in United States

A decent Job
CUNY Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2016
Working here taught me about about office ethics but the management is very unorganized and unprofessional at times and there is a high turn over rate
Pros
pays for college
Cons
management
Great school!
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 15, 2016
i worked there back in 2011 but the experience was awesome i worked as a student aid in lab my supervisor was very helpful!! i went to this school i actually loved it!
Fun, uplifting work environment
Future Now, Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  2155 University Ave, Bronx, NY 10453February 8, 2016
Working for Future Now was always fun not only did they help me start college but they also helped me gain work experience working with them. A typical day at work would be helping any students in need,which was my biggest task, many students walked in and out of future now needing assistance, answering phone calls, helping out over the phone as well as in person. Management was beyond great, my coworkers were amazing to be around they uplifted my spirit and always made work enjoyable no matter what. There was nothing hard about this job it was fairly easy, the best part of my job was just being there for my peers making sure their college life was much easier because I know hard it is being in college.
Pros
I worked on the same campus i went to school.
Comfortable
Mail Clerk/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10453February 8, 2016
A typical day at work I sort and deliver mail. I've learned how to drive around the five boroughs. Management has been fair. Co-workers have been very helpful. the hardest part of the job is traveling to the job. I enjoy the people I work with.
Pretty good
College Assistant- Social Sciences (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 30, 2016
Working here was rewarding but no room for growth, supervisors were very nice and working hours were flexible which helped.
Excellent Work Place
Assistant Teacher, the Friendship Club Classroom (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2016
Interact with students between the ages of 2-5, and have a genuine enjoyment for the workday. Specific designed classrooms, and great way to network.
Productive work place, friendly students and fellow tutors
Embedded tutoring, Professors' Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your student pass the test they've been working hard for and finally being able to take another class due to the hard work they put in. The hardest part is the tutor reports and student tally at the end of each semester but even that isn't all that bad.
Good experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Working at BCC in the health department gave me clerical experience for the first time. everybody was so nice and respectable.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no compensation
internship-great job for a semester
CunyCap Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 29, 2015
great experience for a semester, met some great people. Working with the students was very rewarding. It was great working in this department and working with other departments.
Pros
great hours
Cons
location of job and getting there wasnt great
helping the students
Tutor Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 5, 2015
it helped my social skills and opens up the way i interact with people. i am a person who is always around to help and give back to anyone. i work hard and do my best to everything i am given.
Great work environment
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 3, 2015
I worked as an assistant filing paper, answering phones and taking care of the needs of students. My co-workers were very friendly and professional towards on another. Yet, there were some days when everything was just hectic and I would be left with an overload of work.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
interfered when I was in school
College assistant
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 31, 2015
I like working with this company because it is lot of fun and I learned a lot from my coworkers. Make sure I give all the professors the kind of help they are expecting from me,
Office Assistant for Upward bound and talent search
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 7, 2015
Assisted high school seniors with college applications, filed and submitted to the universities of choice and maintenance school applicant records.
Pros
Pro working with the department was the well rounded services rendered to non traditional students, and ease of application process to college.
Cons
I enjoyed my role. I graduated and moved on.
Productive work place on helping students
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2015
this was my first experience while attending school. I have learned so much which helped me for future work environment. the management was fun and flexible to work with.
I was happy to work for CUNY
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2015
I did a lot of clerical work while I was a student there. Once I graduated I move on to a better paying job. I just wanted to add that if I had been offered the opportunity to stay with a more reasonable salary I would have never considered resigning.
n/a
College Aide / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 20, 2015
Had a great experience working as a lab aide was my first job as a lab aide glad they gave me an opportunity to work and experience new things.
a place of education
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2015
A typical day in the office of Student life varied, sometimes it was quiet then within seconds there could be a mob of students waiting for service.

I have learned alot throughout the twenty-five years I served at BCC, but the most important thing I learned was to always be prepared for the unexpected. Because working in the Office of Student Life, you never knew what the day may bring, even though the scheduled is mapped out for assignments.

Some co-workers were cooperative,then there were others who just wanted to be who they were.

The hardest part of the job was getting student participation in semester events, and planning events.

The most enjoyable part to the job was when the workload was not so overwhelming for the staff, and when there was downtime.
Pros
holiday gathering with staff members
Cons
no enough communication between staff members.
Good place to work at
Assisting Professors (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Working with staff are great and they're very helpful. They work around your schedule of availability and make you feel your are of the company. The best part of the job assisting students and professors with lab tools for class assignments and preparing lab rooms for classes before they start their sessions.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
not enough safety equipments
Great
Academic Assistant (Current Employee) –  BronxJuly 15, 2015
Great experience for students that are attending college and that want to work on campus. Co-workers are very understanding for different situations on the job, such as keeping up with work, and keeping the work environment in order while attending to students needs.
Educational
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 15, 2015
I am grateful for all the years of my tenure at Bronx Community College as a College Assistant. Working for Workforce Development and Continuing Education has been a memorable experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bronx Community College. Our community is ready to answer.