Bronx Community College Employee Reviews

This place could be great, but it's not.
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 26, 2017
The college needs major repair. The buildings are dark which can make the environment dull and depressing; not much sunlight gets in. The laboratories are always lacking in supplies and/or what's there is expired, dirty, or just useless; they're most definitely hoarders in the science department. I think they should secure funding to build a new science building or just totally renovate meister hall.

As with any workplace, there will always be cliques, but one should always feel like/know they're part of the team, not isolated. I'll just leave it there.

Management can definitely improve in all areas.

Compensation is decent.
Good college
Program Coordinator for the Veterans Office (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 12, 2017
Bronx Community college was a great school for transitioning high school kids and allowed them to be familiar with getting used to college courses. Overall it was a good college.
Pros
Good school
Cons
Not to many degrees
An excellent place to work
HSE Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2017
They are supportive and helpful. The work with me in every way possible. They are terrific bosses and I really enjoy the students. Working there continues to be a great experience for me.
Had my own tutoring room
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2017
I would confirm tutoring appointments. Students would come in and ask for help with their math difficulties. What i learned the most from this job was how to adjust to every student. The most difficult part of the job was motivating students. The most enjoyable experience was when students would thanks me because i helped the pass.
Not Positive
Director of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10453May 3, 2017
The place was not supportive to new employees and did not care about students with a desire to retain them.

Students suffered due to lack of staff and knowledge
Productive and laid back work place
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 3, 2017
I learned to use different machinery which assisted in the production and distribution of worksheets, and text/workbooks for students. I also developed strong work relationships.
Pros
Casual dress attire
Cons
Always cold in the office
Site Review
tration, faculty (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
The college can be a good place to if team members work together for the benefit of students attending the college. The most enjoyable part is helping students to learn andadvance themseleves academically.
Pros
Standard lunch hours
Cons
Limited breaks unless there is available support.
A well-organizedlaboratory room
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 26, 2017
The laboratory room is well organized so that equipment does not mix up with one another. They are three departments sharing the same experiment room and it is managed by a full time employee. Each lab technician is responsible of the materials that he/she used to conduct the lab to his/her students.It is always enjoyable to have all the students accomplish their experiment on time. Otherwise i would find a time with students to finish it.
Pros
Accomplish
Cons
Make up
Student friendly/ employee appreciated
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 19, 2017
I work in an office where student success is the primary goal. The culture of the company is based on Human Resource Theory where the needs of the employee are regarded as a vital element to productivity. The hardest part of the organization is the hiring process.That said, once you have your foot in the door, it can lead to a lasting career in higher education.
Great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  183 university avenueMarch 20, 2017
Going to school where you work?! , it's perfect it brings a perfect balance with school work and your job and you get extra help with school as well and your always active.
Pros
Tutition fee lowers
Cons
There's no cons
Licensed Practical Nurse Program (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 3, 2017
The academic environment is progressive and professional. Students are treated with respect and caring. The faculty remain abreast of current trends in educating nursing students. The diversity of the faculty and students is embraced
Pros
salary
Cons
Salary could improve but is not any different than many other academic placements
good
Academic Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 23, 2017
It is a very good workplace to gain working experience, and colleagues are very friendly. The students are from various culture-background. It was very nice to work with too.
Productive and conducive working atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Productive and conducive working environment.
Excellent staff and great interpersonal relationship with all. I wholeheartedly recommend this institution to all that desire to be treated humanely and with dignity and respect.
Pros
Room for career improvement
Cons
A great place to work if you love improving the quality of life for individuals
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2017
While working here I had the pleasure of helping many students. Helping students is what I live for so, it was a great place for me. I found that the people I worked with to be a bit pessimistic about life, people, and their career and my jolt of enthusiasm and positivity seemed to alarm them. I would work at this school again but not in the same department.
Pros
stimulating atmosphere, students, job duties
Cons
management, stale atmosphere
A good place for an internship
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
This is a good place for an internship.
So if you are looking for an internship in the IT field... Co-workers were great, very good people.
Great environment
Student Government Association (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 25, 2016
In my time working here I was able to interact with many different students from many different cultures.I believe that this experience has helped me shape a better world view.
Fair
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2016
It is a bit difficult to provide a review. I am new to working at this college and so far it appears to be a satisfactory work environment. The work schedule (days and times) is reasonable.
It's a good place to start out
Information Technology Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2016
You would normally know what you would be doing throughout the week. Can and should definitely expect the unexpected work/projects to interrupt the peace.
Management needs to reorganize. Can cause a great deal a stress on the staff.
Co-Workers are what normally would motivate you to continue working and keep going to work. They create the culture with you.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with management, work politics, and lack of challenge. You will become complacent if that's your preference.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the diverse personalities you would encounter, the culture that one becomes part of, and after work happy hours.
Pros
30mins to 1Hr breaks, Work/Life
Cons
Food on Campus is horrible and expensive.
funny
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 19, 2016
i worked in the office with a bunch of adults. at the time i was like 14. but they were all cool and helped me when needed. i did basic office work like answer phones, help with payroll, filing etc. very slow paced but fun at the same time.
Productive and hard working work environment
Transfer Credit Evaluator (Current Employee) –  2155 University avenueOctober 17, 2016
Working here showed me the meaning of team work and dedication. Customer service was essential to get through everyday, and that's something we prided ourselves on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bronx Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Bronx Community College Reviews by Location