Bronx Lebanon Hospital Employee Reviews

The caring attitude and professionalism of most of the providers within the facility
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2017
This facility is one of the few that takes on new nurses that have graduated from nursing schools. It encourages and pays for advance education and promotes from within.
Pros
Easily accessible by public transportation.
Cons
Patient care nursing ratio; inadequate and expensive parking
OK Place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 13, 2017
The pay is cool. The work life is cool as well. The benefits are fantastic. The employees are extremely fair and rely on teamwork. The only problem is that if you drive to work, your mirrors may get stolen.
Mgmt overpaid
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 9, 2017
Management & Drs are overpaid
regular staff is underpaid.

Only good thing is no work on the weekends
(unless you're a nurse/ Dr )

Mgmt do not keep their staff informed of current events
Pros
no work on the weekends
Cons
Management overpaid and do not care about their staff. low pay except for Mgmt and Drs
Good benefits /workers are overworked.
Adult ER Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 24, 2017
Bronx Lebanon provides good benefits at a competitive salary. However, a lot of the staff is overworked. There is also a push to hire less specialized nurses to save money. An Adult ER nurse needs more than 2 weeks of training to work safely in the Pediatric ER. If a nurse tries to speak out, management will reprimand the nurse for speaking out. A great place to get some experience. Great place for novice nurses and new graduates to learn.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short staffing
Fast Paced
Administrative Assistant Medical Case Management (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2017
At all times, best practices and evidence based medicine are utilized. Utilizing peer journals, books and our own research, we have developed critical pathways to insure that standards of care are maintained at the highest level possible.
My first RN job
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 19, 2017
I've enjoyed my experience as an RN here. I had a solid orientation as a new grad here and I have been working at this hospital ever since. I have learned a great deal and enjoy working in this community. I have also met a lot of great people.
Pros
salary
Cons
often short staffed
Was a very good experience and gained a lot of knowledge with the people I worked with.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2017
I honestly liked working at the hospital really much, it was a new environment for me over the summer and I learned a lot in the the department I worked in. I learned a lot of skills and worked very well in a team and did the work I was given in time and good.
Pros
Not a long shift
Cons
N/a
great job
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2017
excellent place to work . everyone is easy to get along with. it was a easy job. the pay was ok for the time that I had the job. they didn't have many employees so it was good
Fast pace work place. Awesome people to work with.
Equipment Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  1650 Grand Concourse Bronx, New YorkMay 4, 2017
A typical day at work can be pretty fast paced. I come in review all emails sent to me since my previous shift. See if i have to order anything for any new patients or have a piece of equipment picked up. If there was anything that was fixed i bought the equipment to the hospital floor it was needed on. Doing daily rounds was the most important part of my shift because that is when i collected all the information i needed to put n the idesk database. Recording my observations after rounding were complete so we can keep track of where all equipment was being kept and if they were still in use by the patient. Close attention to time, inventory and minor details is very important. My time at this job i learned better time management skills, improved on multitasking skills, how to work with xcel on the computer, ordering and shipping out to FedEx and other vendors and that there is no such thing as a detail being too small everything in the hospital is very important. Management was good to me. My director is a very understanding, patient, motivational and assertive. Working there i came across many different cultures. Things i don't typically think about on a day to day basis. For example sometimes going into a patients room they they sometimes prefer a woman or a man due to their culture. The hardest part of my job was learning how to keep up with everything in a fast pace. After i was there for a couple weeks after my training the fast pace became the most enjoyable part of my job.
Financial Investigations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 23, 2017
Distribute work to staff for verification of benefits, review reports for insurance denials,generate reports for Director of dept showing status of outstanding accounts with balance the most difficult part was getting hold of patients to discuss their insurance information for billing
Pros
union benefits
Cons
short staff
A chance to grow
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2017
BLHC always gives their employees the opportunity to grow and advance in their career. They are also a big advocate of going back to school. Managers are always willing to give you a flex schedule when your in school.
Great experience
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
Learned everything I needed to learn for a medical assistant position. Internship was a great experience. I had hands on training with patients. Learned to comfort and support them. Worked along side a team that was really helpful.
educate the community
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 6, 2017
I started as a internship first then they hire me as a full time staff. My job was to go to every part of the Bronx in different hours to give out flyers, brochure about safe educations to decrease the number sexually transmitted diseases and HIV.
good nursing experience
Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2017
working with md, autonomous, flexible hours, good parking, research nurse in AIDS research when the disease is fairly new was a good experience
Could be cool for some
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2017
This is a regular hospital, not much more stands out than any other typical hospital. If you are in the union, the benefits are pretty good but you must be very careful not to fall into any shams.
Pros
close to two major train lines
Cons
management aren't the greatest
Non stop work from the beginning of my shift til the end, which made the day go quickly.
Unit Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 21, 2016
A typical day of work was rounding on the patients, and assisting them with their requests/needs. Paging staff according to what the patients wanted. Putting together and/or taking apart patients charts.
Ordering supplies, completing reports.
Pros
Getting to learn the inside of working in a hospital.
Cons
Non-stop work.
Always very busy
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2016
I love working here , good team work . Would love to go back to this job and get rehired. But like my supervisior said you don't know what u have till u lose it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Had 3rd shift
Great Hospital
Radiology Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10457November 30, 2016
1199 Union was the best part of working for the hospital. I relocated from New York to Florida only to find out that the 1199 Union is not in Florida.
Pros
1199 Union benefits
Cons
Union is not in Florida where I relocated
Great place to work at
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 25, 2016
Bronx Lebanon is a great place to work at. Great atmosphere to be around.
The staff is great and doctors are easy to get along with.
Pros
Lunch hours are great and close to home.
Cons
Not that many cons to talk about.
Great Atmosphere for me
Financial Investigator, Patient Access Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 3, 2016
I enjoy the fact that I get along with everyone. There's always room for growth. The department managers are willing to teach you new things if you inquire within. Its a set routine Monday through Friday. The hardest part is when a patient is denied for services by an insurance company and it is imperative that they have a test done.

The most enjoyable part is creating fond memories after hours sometimes even on weekends with the coworkers. Great laughs are always. exchanged
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Parking