Bronx Lebanon Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

hectic and unappreciative management
Staff Nurse - Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I worked as a full-time Trauma II emergency room which was very hectic. Sometimes 14 patients to one nurse. Management did not care if you wrote a protest of assignment. Sometimes you worked with a patient in a vented room for 1 hour only to find out later that the patient had tuberculosis. A health risk for patients and nurse
Pros
union position
Cons
terrible working environment
Great team
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 28, 2015
My career in Nursing started at Bronx-Lebanon. It has been a great place to work since I started as a staff nurse. It is a friendly working environment and my team works well together. The most enjoyable part of the job is to observe the nursing staff progress from being a novices to experts. It brings great satisfaction. The hardest part of my job is to teach/conduct an in-service and when there is a follow-up , the procedure is not being done the correct way. Then we struggle to evaluate whether it is an education issue or practice issue.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Vision is different
Work long hours, Support co workers with network issues
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Right from the start of the day: Provide support for network issues purely because of old hardware and devices can go down any time.

Provide support to co workers / desktop team with the issues they have with the network.

Travle to Data Center, support server team, and other teams we have for hospital like radiology with issues they have with their unix based devices.

Never a dull moment at my work.
Ever since i have been here never had a moment where i didnt learn anything about network or the devices that connect to the network.

Hardest part of the job, being only network engineer wish there were more than 24 hours in a day.

Most enjoyable part is look forward to come work everyday.
Pros
Never a dull moment.. constant pressure..always learning
Cons
Sometimes too many operational issues at same time and they are equally important.
Productive busy place
Clinical Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work is none stop working. I've learned how to enter data, how to correctly file paper work, how to build profiles for new users. Management is not at all fair. I also enjoyed the people i worked with a a daily basis.
Decent job, has ups and downs
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 28, 2016
Great company, good union, decent pay.

Work load is light to moderately-heavy depending on call volume, day of the week, season, upcoming holidays etc.

Easy going management, but strict where appropriate.

Co-workers are regular people. That being said, use better judgement to choose whom you trust and converse with.
Pros
Frequent enough events that you can take part in while still on the clock
Cons
No overtime
every day is productive and yet fun
Supervisor, Physical Therapy Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 10, 2016
-Handling over 10-15 patients per therapists.
-Handling a variety of orthopedic, neurological cases in an outpatient setting.
-Managing patient wait time and treatment time
-"What's gona work- TEAM WORK" - slogan for all the staff
- Long work hrs
- having a very good team of co-workers , work with fun a great combination to make each day interesting.
a day at work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 31, 2016
A typical day at work is when I start my shift, I get report from the out going pct and then the incoming team meet for a huddle to discuss the plan for the day. For the rest of the shift I attend to patients needs and follow the directives of the RN to complete other task during my shift.
Extremely busy work place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2015
lots of busy activity. I learned patients and tolerance towards all as well as other work related tidbits. Management could be a lot better, co-workers friendly and easy to get along with and helpful to all. the hardest part about the job is working with difficult patients and managing a full days work when short staffed. The most enjoyable part is working along with so many new enthusiastic resident dentist's and accomplishing a days work together as a team.
Pros
Decent pay& great benefits.
Cons
Mico-management and favortism
Fun workplace
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2016
A great learning experience. This offers excellent benefits. I love my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is conducting outreach.
Terrible Management
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Management has no respect for their employees and treats them very disrespectfully. I've dedicated many years to this company, as have many others, only to be treated as garbage.
Fast Paced working environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2016
I learned a lot during my internship, the staff was very helpful and friendly, I feel that the upkeep of the building could have been much better but overall my experience was great
Pros
I learned alot
Cons
dirty workspaces and offices
Excellent company to work for
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2016
Helping patients and patient satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of my job. I have learned to work in a fast paced environment without being frustrated. Working at Bronx Lebanon Hospital has been very enjoyable and comfortable.
Work friendly environment
Central Registration Associate/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 20, 2016
My co-workers were great. The supervisors were very fair and reasonable. The work day usually went very smoothly and work was processed in a timely manner.
Pros
Great benefits and pay. Mon-Fri schedule.
Cons
Coming in on snow days
Great
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2016
Great place to work in. Everyone helps each other. I learned how to provide excellent patient centered care. I love helping the community and this hospital has allowed me to do so.
Pros
coworkers
Productive and friendly environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2016
A well managed care giving environment. Care givers responds fast to patient's need. there is a friendly relationship between employees and patients..
team work
Nursing Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2016
working in the intensive care is usually busy, being that we have a minimum of 15 vents daily. but never the less that is what makes my job exciting.
great work place
Women Health Clinic Registrar (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10453May 3, 2016
enjoyed all my years here I meet and married the man of my dreams I regret ever leaving great enviroment outstanding benefits and union
Pros
great union amen
Cons
Small company with growth potential
Associate Director / Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 1, 2013
A good company to develop and grow in the Management business. Not a lot of overhead so there is a wide amount of responsibilities on a few people but it builds experience.

I've learned a wide range of administrative and operational skills that are sure to propel me on my future career path. From presentations to departmental spreadsheets I have been fortunate to help develop new systems and trends for the company.

Hardest part of my job is the long hours at work and the constant chaos of the hospital environment. Trying to manage all of the various demands from departments, administrators, and managers can be difficult to balance.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people that work for me. I enjoy the family environment and getting to know their life. Working in a healthcare setting offers so many opportunities to interact and bond with various people. Its something I truly enjoy.
Pros
compensation, co workers, growth opportunity
Cons
long hours, shortened breaks, stressful environment
Fast paced enviorment and long work days
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 23, 2016
Great place to work. I was a temp filling in for someone on maternity leave. The office was fast paced and we worked long and hard.
Review
Senior Accountant (Financial Planning & Budgeting) (Current Employee) –  1276 Fulton aveApril 14, 2016
Good Environment. But not growth. I love to learn more and explore more but this organization has not have this culture.
Pros
Not free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bronx Lebanon Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Bronx Lebanon Hospital Reviews by Location