BronxWorks Employee Reviews

Horrible.
Preventive Case Planner (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: The pay is nice for a non for profit.
Cons: No support whatsoever from higher management staff.
The Family Enrichment Program (Preventive) is horrible. There is a huge divide between the staff and the supervisors/ directors. They pile work on the case planners and do not take into consideration any suggestions or complaints given by the case planners. There is a huge turn over and burn out rate. They generally do not care for the case planners who are out doing the actual difficult work.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Counselor (Current Employee), Bronx,NYFebruary 12, 2015
Waking up and going to work, knowing that you love your job is an amazing feeling. Being able to communicate with your co-workers without any drama or conflict is also something that I didn't have to deal with when entering the workplace. Everyone was very professional and cooperated well as a team.The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the different personalities of the students. As time goes by , you get to learn each and everyone of the students and they even begin to get closer to you and trust you. My boss is very understanding and flexible . Shes a big help when it comes to the difficult students as well. Overall, My co-workers and I are a great team and I'm proud to be an employee of Bronxworks.
BronxWorks
Senior Counselor (Current Employee), 1130 Grand Concourse Bronx NYDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at BronxWorks is picking the children up, feeding them dinner, then teaching them either a life skill value, or math, reading, and design squad. My co- workers were a great help when it came to dealing with the children. There are about 65 children and no one worker can handle all of them alone.
Fast Paced
Housing Specialist, HS (Current Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 4, 2014
Job enviornment consists of multi tasking and very fast paced environment.
GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCE IN CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2014
Pros: easy commute, nice work life balance
Cons: no groth prospects
THIS IS A NICE WORKING PLACE. HOWEVER, THERE IS NO MUCH ROOM FOR GORWTH.
productive and able to help my community
SAFETY monitor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 16, 2014
Pros: able to help better my community
Cons: stressful and sometimes dangerous
stressful yet rewarding job being able to help my community , dangerous at times but i have a strong team of co-workers. The main con i have is not feeling appreciated
Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Bronx NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: nice work place
Cons: ended to fast
A typical day at this job was answering phone calls, taking messages for other coworkers, working with microsoft program, inventory, and entering new data into computer. I've learn to do all that while working in this job every entertaining.My coworkers were all nice and always made sure i didnt have a problem with any of my tasks. Hardest parts..well again i didn't have a hard part because my coworkers would give me instrustions and i had no problem following them. I enjoyed everybit i had working here just wished it didnt end so soon.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 4, 2014
This company has alot of room for growth. There is a lot that you can learn from individuals that work for this company.
Work
Case Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJune 5, 2014
Great place to work if you enjoy helping people.
Great organization.
Always room to grow.
Opportunity for advancement
Director of Social Services Family Residence (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: dedicated staff
Cons: demanding programs, lack of resources needed to provide for clientele.
A typical day at work is anything but. Given the population and contract demands a day as a program director is very unpredictable.
workplace
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 27, 2014
Management can be improved. the workplace is safe and fun very busy during the week.
A great place to gain work experience within HR
Human Resources Specialist II (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: able to drive to work
Cons: currently no opportunities for advancement
I currently provide support in all areas of Human Resources Relations, to include, but not limited to compensation, employee engagement and professional development. I have learned so much ranging from employments laws, how to manage my time effective, multi tasking. My co-workers are awesome! The hardest part of my job since I am often pulled from investigations, staff grievance, day to day contact with employees is that there isn't enough time at my desk to complete paperwork. The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving employees gratitude and them reconizing the work we do.
kool
Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 9, 2013
It was office work. Just doing work in an office and setting up events for the office.
Awful workplace, plenty of favoritism and racism, unprofessional working area with no clear respect for the clients.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 20, 2013
Pros: company vehicles
Cons: unqualified superiors, excess papaerwork with no clear reason on th eimportance of it.
Typical day of work is unorganized, learned not to be a team players as others do not recipricate and you are chastised for being too helpful. Management is bias. Job security is good if you carry gossip to the superiors and become a favorite for manipulating the other employees. Coworkers are somewhat selfish. Hardest part is getting through the day without having time to take lunch and dealing with bureaucracy. Most enjoyable is the gratitude from the clients.
strong workplace
Housing/Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 24, 2013
Pros: family like setting
assisted in improvig the quality of ife for families in struggling situations.
Okay
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch monday-friday
Cons: health programs
Bronx works, once was called (C A B) is a productive program. We have good times with the peers playing basketball, ping pong, kick ball, pool, and ect. We also have other activities for both male/females. Example, cooking class, acting class, and even health programs too. I get along with all the staff members and my boss but am a intern at bronxworks. They pay me minimum wage 7.25 an hour, 10 hours a week, paycheck every two weeks. Not enough i have bills to handle, gas money, family problems.
Bronxworks gave me the necessary experience in accounting that will allow me to be successful in my field of work.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, New YorkNovember 7, 2012
Pros: working in a caring environment that allowed me to grow and advance within my field.
Cons: there are no cons i can think of
Working there allowed me to grow into the accountant I am today and gave me plenty of opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed working there over the last 10 years and I left behind people that are not only my coworkers, but family.
Provides a great foundation for obtaining valuable work experience
Program Coordinator- SYEP and Internship Programs (Current Employee), Bronx New YorkOctober 9, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: compensation
Themost fullfilling part of my job is to see interns succesfully complete their internships and see their transition into regular employment.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Social Worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: great neighborhood
Cons: short breaks
Learned how to work with difficult managerial staff
Collaborated well with co-workers on projects
Challenging place to work
Tenant Services Coordinator (Former Employee), BronxSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: getting to do activities that i loved like photography, visiting museums, and attending sporting events.
Cons: clients with drug and alcohol dependancy, clients with mental illness.
Manage Computer Lab for clients living in a transitional housing unit.
Develop activities to occupy client including teaching photography, going on trips to museums, concerts and sporting events.
I learned not to develop personal relationships with the clients of this organization.
Management was very supportive of my efforts.
My co-workers were enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with individuals suffering from mental illness, drug addiction and alcohol abuse without any formal training in social service. I was recommended for the position by the Assistant Executive Director of BronxWorks because of my caring operation of an emergency overnight shelter that received guests from BronxWorks.