BronxWorks Employee Reviews

The clients keep you grounded.
Case Manager, College Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2017
Bronxworks was a bit disorganized. It was very difficult to find information needed to complete reports. Working with the clients was rewarding and made coming to work everyday worthwhile.
I loved coming to working everyday.
Manager, Robert Brown (Former Employee) –  286 east 156 street Bronx New York 10451October 29, 2017
Everyday something new happens or I get to learn more about my job. I learned that communication is a great way to build relationships with coworkers , participants and customers. Workplace culture is how you present yourself. Always using correct uniform and appropriate attire. Nothing about the job was hard. I love working with the community.
Pros
Working with commuinty's
Cons
n/a
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 26, 2017
Everyone was friendly and easy to work with , good hours , manager understands his works . The kids are respectful and listen to everyone that they are suppose to
competitive work space
Community School Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 24, 2017
very competitive
no growing opportunity
serve many communities in the Bronx
poor management
hardest part of the job is working with closed minded people
too many supervisors
Pros
good pay
Cons
n/a
The Break Room
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 13, 2017
Slow-paced but demanding when needed. We worked in a fairly calm environment; some days would ask little of us and other days we have a busy schedule. I definitely grasp the content of what it takes to maintain/operate a school. It was unique to place myself in the shoes of a School Staff Member. Being the oldest was a different experience than I am used to but luckily everyone was wasy to get along with. I made some good friends and had a fairly enjoyable experience working with BronxWorks.
Pros
Free breakfast, Extended lunch breaks
Cons
No parking
Fun workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
Working here was very fun.I participated in the trips and all the activities that took place with kids.We also had town events such as cookouts and carnivals.We were getting paid while we were having fun with the kids.Time went by so fast everyday because we always had a talk to do or and trip or an event to attend with our students
Good benefits
Safety Monitor Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Stressful at times because of office politics but I have great coworkers. My Resident Director is a pleasure to work for but there is a lot of office politics.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
alot of politics
It depends what role you have.
Employee/Head Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 12, 2017
If you are a college student, this is a great part-time job. However, the company does not allow you to grow, even if you have done an outstanding job in a short time. I was able to excel because I love working with children and that was the best part of the job. I didn't even become a head-counselor, which is like a sub-supervisor, until my 3rd year with the company.
Pros
Great experiences with children.
Cons
Low pay, bi-weekly checks, no growth within company
An experience
Group leader/After school counselor (Former Employee) –  washington avenue 1537September 5, 2017
it wasn't a bad job just not for me plus I had a lot of fun going on trips, teaching the kids, and bonding with them as well as the staff. if you want to be a teacher then this job is a great place to get your foot in the door.
Fun and productive work environment
BronxWorks Daycare (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2017
Working at this daycare was probably one of my best experiences when it comes to working hands on and with children. Staff members are friendly and motivational yet keen on getting things done. Overall company review is pretty decent.
its alright
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2017
the people are good the higher ups arent exactly the most friendly individuals, but at least ther kids are decent. theres food in case you get hungry during your break but overall its okay
Pros
the hours and the timing
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun workplace
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 9, 2017
A typical day at work is usually busy and scattered within my work environment. I have learned that both communication skills and confidentiality is important to both the job and employees, the management here is strict but worth it. the hardest part about my job is getting cuts within filing or dealing with any paperwork. the most enjoyable about my job is that i get my work done, leave work satisfied and always ready to face obstacles
Pros
1hr lunches
Cons
employee's stupidity
It was good place for me to be working at because it made me want to do something that involves social justice
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 9, 2017
We would come in and if our supervisor had articles already printed out we would get started on this and discuss afterwards. Or some days we'd watch movies an discuss it afterwards. Overall it was a great learning experience.
Great Workplace
SYEP Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 3, 2017
Working at BronxWorks has been a great experience. The staff has been supportive and I have learned many new things working as an Activity Specialist. My job was to teach young teens about college and career exploration, but I also learned a lot from my students as well.
Fun and professional work environment.
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2017
Learned a lot here. Met a lot of good people.offers great trainings and opportunities.love the work environment I'm surrounded by and will recommend those seeking for employment to invest some time into working at Bronx works inc.
Lots of favoritism
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2017
I got good clinical experience while I worked here. Unfortunately management did not mention I would not get clinical hours (I'm a social worker) for the work I was required to do anyway while I was here, which doesn't really make sense and was extremely deceptive. So I basically wasted my time here. Upper management here is more representative of a high school clique than a group of licensed professionals. They spend a substantial amount of time together outside of work. Although I was chronologically younger than most of the managers here, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was much older in regards to emotional maturity.
Pros
Good salary, I enjoyed serving my clients, I had some talented colleagues
Cons
Clear favoritism when it comes to advancement, prohibits supervisors from giving references (& they actually abide by this), so it's very difficult to leave when you choose to do so, HR is not helpful to staff, and will do anything to defend this agency even when they are clearly wrong
Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
In BronxWorks I work with kids afternoon and I am a intern to help out. I learn how to be patient with kids and how to communicate with them. Not only with kids but also BronxWorks community like parents and staff as well. The hardest part of the job is that e must manage the time time because every other hours we do something different. The fun part is that we have great activities that kids enjoy doing everyday.
Pros
Free snacks everyday
Cons
T-shorts
Working within the the school comminuty
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 13, 2017
Everyone has positive attitudes towards you, they will help you if you are in need of assistance. There are many different resources to other opportunities.
Pros
break time
unprofessional sometimes
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 11, 2017
Staff be around each other business and sometimes are not a team player. There is not enough room for progress without a MA in social work. There is not enought support given to staff.
Pros
work around your schedule sometimes
Cons
too much gossip about each other at work
Learned A lot Of Helpful Outside Skills.
Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
In this entrepreneurship program we learned how a small business can grown into something large with focus and determination. It was a fun and educational experience.