BronxWorks Employee Reviews

Productive work environment with an intense caseload
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day at work would include managing a caseload along with assisting intakes who are not on caseload. Generally, in the morning each case managers obligation is to assist clients who are on medication management and to then complete a progress note after each medication management training (MMT) session that is completed. Once medication is completed we have a daily morning meeting with all staff. Usually, the objective of the week is to complete filing, progress notes and service plans and to help clients compose of the necessary documents for a housing package. At this company, I have learned how to effectively listen and communicate well with both staff and clients. I have learned how to maintain a professional relationship while keeping boundaries with clients. I have learned how to create safety plan assessments for clients who are on the verge of committing suicide or harming themselves or another individual. I have learned how to assist clients with medication management training while seeing them graduate from the program after learning their medication regimen. I have completed outreach for clients who are chronically street homeless/ severely mentally ill. Site management is flexible with team members. Coworkers are nice to work with, each worker provides professional support to all staff members. The hardest part of my is watching people give up and leaving the facility without seeking the full services that the facility provides. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have assisted a client with a life changing experience of being in their  more... own apartment and helping them get through traumatic experiences. It is a great feeling to know that I have helped someone go from being chronically street homeless to housing in a supportive unit/ scattered housing.  less
Pros
Good client/ case management professional relationship
Cons
No Overtime/ No bonuses and raises/
Productive and Professional place to work
Grant Accountant & Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2016
The day started from 9 am to 5pm,I sit my desk and divide my work by two segment which is morning and afternoon. I prioritize to finsh the pending work in the morning. Then, I take my lunch break. In the afternoon, I overview my daily task and try to finish by the deadline.

I have learnt budget, budget preparation, budget modification, projection,invoice creation, submitting the Invoice, Government-Foundation-Corporation- Federal Grants, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Paybles, Reconcileation, Journal Entries etc.

The Hardest part of the Job is to resolve the inquires that came from the Program Department and it need lots of analysis. Most interesting thing is I love this Hardest part.
case manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 2, 2015
Entry level positions at this organization will provide an individual with the necessary skill set to continue a career in Social Work. Direct interaction with the marginalized provides exposure that all social workers can benefit from.
Fast Paced
Community Coach (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2015
Glad I had the opportunity to learn some life lesson while working at Jobs-Plus at Bronxworks. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different people during outreach. I have made valuable connections that have lasted even though my time as an outreach worker has ended. All in all, I can say it prepared me for a bigger and better future, in what I hope is a wonderful career in working in a non-profit setting
nooo
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 7, 2015
Rate this company
*required
Overall rating*
Fun and Busy day!!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 5, 2015
I reached the Classroom about 7:40 Once I got in the classroom, I started to clean the tables put down the chairs. Then organized the classroom and Welcome the parents and the children with a big smile on my face and always saying good morning and before the parent leave, I used to tell them I hope you have a good day. After that my day was so busy teaching, feeding, playing dancing and having fun with the little ones in Room # 1.
INTRIGUING
Young Adult Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed taking a new leap and step towards this company. They taught me many new things. I wouldn't mind taking this career more seriouslyif given the opportunity.
Pros
Being able to work together, helping each other out.
Cons
staff
Great place to learn
Social Work Intern- Case Manager (Former Employee) –  bronx nyJune 10, 2015
I was a social work intern at the Living room site. I had a great experience and was sad to leave. The staff worked as a team along with management.
Horrible.
Preventive Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 13, 2015
The Family Enrichment Program (Preventive) is horrible. There is a huge divide between the staff and the supervisors/ directors. They pile work on the case planners and do not take into consideration any suggestions or complaints given by the case planners. There is a huge turn over and burn out rate. They generally do not care for the case planners who are out doing the actual difficult work.
Pros
The pay is nice for a non for profit.
Cons
No support whatsoever from higher management staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx,NYFebruary 12, 2015
Waking up and going to work, knowing that you love your job is an amazing feeling. Being able to communicate with your co-workers without any drama or conflict is also something that I didn't have to deal with when entering the workplace. Everyone was very professional and cooperated well as a team.The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the different personalities of the students. As time goes by , you get to learn each and everyone of the students and they even begin to get closer to you and trust you. My boss is very understanding and flexible . Shes a big help when it comes to the difficult students as well. Overall, My co-workers and I are a great team and I'm proud to be an employee of Bronxworks.

Want to know more about BronxWorks?

Ask a question
BronxWorks
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  1130 Grand Concourse Bronx NYDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at BronxWorks is picking the children up, feeding them dinner, then teaching them either a life skill value, or math, reading, and design squad. My co- workers were a great help when it came to dealing with the children. There are about 65 children and no one worker can handle all of them alone.
Fast Paced
Housing Specialist, HS (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 4, 2014
Job enviornment consists of multi tasking and very fast paced environment.
GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCE IN CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2014
THIS IS A NICE WORKING PLACE. HOWEVER, THERE IS NO MUCH ROOM FOR GORWTH.
Pros
easy commute, nice work life balance
Cons
no groth prospects
productive and able to help my community
SAFETY monitor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 16, 2014
stressful yet rewarding job being able to help my community , dangerous at times but i have a strong team of co-workers. The main con i have is not feeling appreciated
Pros
able to help better my community
Cons
stressful and sometimes dangerous
Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at this job was answering phone calls, taking messages for other coworkers, working with microsoft program, inventory, and entering new data into computer. I've learn to do all that while working in this job every entertaining.My coworkers were all nice and always made sure i didnt have a problem with any of my tasks. Hardest parts..well again i didn't have a hard part because my coworkers would give me instrustions and i had no problem following them. I enjoyed everybit i had working here just wished it didnt end so soon.
Pros
nice work place
Cons
ended to fast
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 4, 2014
This company has alot of room for growth. There is a lot that you can learn from individuals that work for this company.
Work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 5, 2014
Great place to work if you enjoy helping people.
Great organization.
Always room to grow.
Opportunity for advancement
Director of Social Services Family Residence (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 9, 2014
A typical day at work is anything but. Given the population and contract demands a day as a program director is very unpredictable.
Pros
dedicated staff
Cons
demanding programs, lack of resources needed to provide for clientele.
workplace
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 27, 2014
Management can be improved. the workplace is safe and fun very busy during the week.
A great place to gain work experience within HR
Human Resources Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 16, 2014
I currently provide support in all areas of Human Resources Relations, to include, but not limited to compensation, employee engagement and professional development. I have learned so much ranging from employments laws, how to manage my time effective, multi tasking. My co-workers are awesome! The hardest part of my job since I am often pulled from investigations, staff grievance, day to day contact with employees is that there isn't enough time at my desk to complete paperwork. The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving employees gratitude and them reconizing the work we do.
Pros
able to drive to work
Cons
currently no opportunities for advancement