The Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing several cross-functional warehouse activities within the distribution center in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select inventory or pack customer orders.
- Load or unload delivery vehicles and assemble stock onto pallets, warehouse trucks, racks, or shelves.
- Open cartons, bundles, and other containers and convey stock to designated area by hand, hand truck, or other equipment.
- Weigh, count, and record units of stock for customer order verification.
- May perform wire cutting duties and inventory cycle counting as required.
- Completes on-going training and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and change tasks easily.
- Good English reading and speaking skills and good basic math skills
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Cross-training in multiple tasks is required of all associates
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); a minimum of six months to one year warehousing/material handling experience preferred BUT WILL TRAIN the right candidate with a stable work history.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand and must be able to walk and move freely and regularly lift up to 40 pounds of stock.