Brookdale Assisted Living Employee Reviews

Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2018
I liked working here. It is a different but pleasurable place to work. if you are looking for a job that will help you serve people, this is the job for you.
I use to play bingo with some residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 11, 2018
Provide Home Care to elders, disabled persons, and others in the community with identified needs. Provide Home Care including general housekeeping, personal hygiene and Meals-on-Wheels. Ensure that care is provided according to all relevant policies, procedures and regulations. o Consult with family members and other supports to ensure that care is on-going and that all client needs are identified and met.
Pool Table
Sever (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILJanuary 11, 2018
It was an ok Job. It was my first but it wasn't the best in my perspective. I wouldn't go back even if I was given the chance or the opportunity. But serving the Residents was a great opportunity.
Descent Company
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 9, 2018
The company is careful who they hire. The most impressive part is how the staff cares for the residents. They all do their very best to make the residents have a comfortable, safe, and clean place to live. The neglect some may see in other communities, does not happen at Brookdale. The local management at Brookdale are all impressive individuals. I enjoy working there.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay and work life balance- Current job not what I went to school for
Rewarding place to work, hired people who were unreliable
Resident Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYJanuary 8, 2018
came in at 7 and was given our patient assignments, we would help people get dressed, shower, ADL's.
Learned that I really enjoyed people with Alzheimers and Dementia
management was okay had some issues with them but they were still good.
Culture was fun but my coworkers were unreliable and would call in or not show up all the time.
hardest part of the job was dealing with patients who had Alzheimer's or Dementia
Loved the environment and the patients.
Pros
Staff, work environment, great supervisor
Cons
low pay, dealing with upper management, dealing with patients family
the senior employees were less than welcoming
Resident Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2018
I left because it was emotionally stressful, and the senior employees were less than welcoming and very critical. The management was wonderful but the environment could seem cut throat and aggressive at some times
Relaxed and quiet
RCA (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 1, 2018
Its a small community and very quiet. I enjoyed working here with one other person. It always went smoothly, with little to no issues. They listened to issues that would arise and take action .
fast paced
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 1, 2018
STNA work is a fast paced and physically demanding job but the nurses and employers were very nice. I worked first shift and there were always three STNAs
Cons
physically tiring
Brookdale assitant living
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 20, 2017
Highly dislike working for this company. Management is very unprofessional. I would never go back to this company. They don't work well with your schedule. They tell you that you can have a day off you requested just to turn around and have you scheduled that day even though you requested off.
Fast paced work environment.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 19, 2017
Hardest part of the day was lack of help and never any acknowledgement for what you have done. The shifts never communicated and you were always blamed for what the other shift did not do. over all was a nice place.
Love my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 18, 2017
Very family oriented. Staff is just as much family as the residents. So much genuine love. Staff truly cares about the residents and management truly cares about staff and residents.
Good company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 12, 2017
I love working in this place a leave here because i wanna try sonething different but still taking care of people oe seniors brookdale is one of the nice place to live and to work
overall experience
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2017
This place was an okay place to work .Never had any problems with the company .Residents are well entertained. There were times when there was certainly a lot going on but nothing I could not handle
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Assist living
Med aide (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDNovember 20, 2017
Working at this location I have experience life and death overall being with the residents is my favorite part. On the other had it felt as if girls were leaving other girls behind including the new incoming girls. Overall its a good paying job, work good hours, able to get by..
Pros
Being with the residents daily
Cons
Not having a life outside work, To much stress, Unable to get stuff done do to lack of help.
Brookdale Medford
Resident Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 6, 2017
The residents are the most important priorities there. Yet the workers are getting overworked and not getting paid. They continuously messed up on emplyees hours and pay checks.
Nice and fun
Dietary Server (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2017
I was just a part time worker at BrookDale in the evening.
I learned to prepare each resident meal according to their diet order. I had a very nice boss that was easy to talk to.
Sometime the working environment can get kind of hot during times when they was having problems with their air condition unit.
The hardest part of my job was trying to prepare the residents food and we ran out of some food items that some resident didn't get change to order.
Overall I enjoy talking to the residents and hearing all of the good stories that they had to say about their family members and some even about us being very nice to them.
Pros
Can get overtime if you need it
Cons
Staffing problem
Fast paced. Great place if you want to make a difference in residents life.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 29, 2017
This would be a great place to work for the employee who likes to work and help the elderly. It was heartbreaking to see that some employees did not even care about the residents at all. I found it very frustrating to seeing that the residents were being neglected and not being helped with their basic needs and personal hygiene. When neglect situation was brought up to management they see you as a troublemaker and start giving you a hard time.
Pros
Making a difference in the residents life.
Cons
Poor management
Wonderful place to vouleenteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 29, 2017
I volunteered here in high school as part of a club. It was quite enjoyable and I grew to love some of the residents there. Im sure it would also be a great place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 27, 2017
Prior management was awesome to work for. They did things to boost moral of staff which was passed on to residents in quality of care. When that management no longer worked there moral went down and resident care suffered. Management did not follow through on previous promises made regarding a promotion. So I left the company.
Helpful staff and relaxing job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 24, 2017
I worked at Brookdale for 6 months. During my time there I noticed that there were some great aids. They were attentive to the residents and their cares. Each shift Had a considerable amount of work to stay busy in the facility.
Pros
Great staff, Good Management