Brookdale Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

overall ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 6, 2017
ok place to work....level 1 hospital had its moments...meet a lot of people...dealing with the pain and hurt people experience...very diverse culture...management was ok for the most part
Productive workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2017
It was a good place to work, quick pace good management very diverse. Able to move up due to the vast amount of jobs. Great co workers. tight shift environment
productive and fun place to work, great support from staff and upper management.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Brookdale was one of my best nursing experience, we had great team players and the managers were very supportive. Nurse patient ratio was also high but we had great support from different disciplines to do our job effectively.
Quick paced and stressful
Emergency Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2017
I had the pleasure starting my career in nursing at Brookdale emergency department, as well as moving into the nurse management role. The hospital struggles financially which makes resources hard to obtain.
Fast pace multicultural environment with growth potential.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2017
A typical day involves a lot of quick problem solving decision making.
I've learn how to manage workers effectively while withholding the highest standards with patient service and satisfaction.
Though faulty; defective equipment can be strenuous at times, I do enjoy the day to day challenges the food service industry requires.
i enjoyed my time a Brookdale I grew up in that enviroment cause my family worked there.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2017
Brookdale was very comfortable place to work. It was a multicultural workplace. It was very close to my home so that made it easy for me to get to and from work.
Productive environment
L2/L3 Cisco Network Engineer Contract (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 15, 2017
I was meant to facilitate the call center infrastructure in record time for the rollout of the EMR. The IT Director was very supportive and there was great synergy in achieving the goals. There were no stumbling blocks and work assigned got done without delay.
Pros
Great staff of varying skillsets as part of the IT group
Cons
It was such a large facility
good learning experience
account payble/receivable (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2016
On-line banking, daily bank reconciliation and cash management
Review accounts receivable aging reports and outstanding balances.
Maintain and reconcile payment records for all accounts
Prepare and send statements and collection notices to customers
Prepare reports to Controller, maintain proper accounting filing system.
Fun work environment
PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Resident (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2015
Good group to work with. Hospital overall is trying to overcome challenges, but CMO is very involved and striving to make change.
Nice place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 11, 2015
Nice work to work. Full packet of benefits, lunches, brakes, sick days, holidays, paid vocations, personal days. Nice schedule.
Great and convenient place to work
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 17, 2015
I stayed over at Brookdale because I was very glad to wake up in the morning and go to work. I was very much known to most of the doctors, directors, CEO, COO and CIO. I was very much pleased to serve them. I was also happy when resolving issues that would allow the hospital to have a great reputation. I enjoyed very much what I did there. My fellow desktop partners were very supportive to me as I was to them.
Pros
work location and job function
Cons
some miscommunication
Ability to learn in diverse areas/fast pased/very busy
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  101-01 Av D BrooklynMay 12, 2014
-Call insurance companies, post personal & financial data on
computer systems, complete financial reports, bring accts up to
current status for managerial reviews & meetings
-learned updated computer systems when implemented in hosp.
-upgraded experience in communicating w/challenging patients and/
or situations
-teamwork w/peers cooperative
-hardest part of job >retrieving info from discharged patients that was
was not collected during admission
-accomplishing get old high $$ accounts paid
Pros
Employee of the mth posting, updated computer class review to employees, avail. overtime
Cons
short breaks
Productivity
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2014
On a typical work day, I review denied medical claims with my A/R team members and try to get our physicians paid by the insurance companies.
Good environment
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 1, 2014
Management are very weak and require more hospital skills. Doesn't react at clinic problems right away. But overall good hospital.
Pros
good benefits
Okay environment to work
Tier 2 Technical Support (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 23, 2013
Brookdale Hospital was an okay environment to work in. It was stressful based on the lack of organization for the position in terms of what was expected from us and there were no traditional breaks. Based on the scenario they watched every move that we made from going to get food that was provided to going to the bathroom. I am not totally angered by the situation because I was just happy to be employed after a short stretch of being unemployed, but they have to improve the culture before I can truly recommend it as a great place to work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Breaks
Brookdale Hospital is a great place to work
Certified Sterile Processing Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2013
Brookdale Hospital is one of the up coming facilities to work
Pros
Great location for skills training
Cons
No room to grow. Staff have worked at Brookdale over 30 years
My experience while working at Brookdale Hospital Medical Center.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician/Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2013
I always looked forward to going to work, especially when I was a CPT(Certified Phlebotomy Technician). I enjoyed my job interacting with the patients, my co-workers and management. Any difficult tasks that I was assigned, I resolved them in a timely manner, finding the simplest solution to the problem. I learned how to improve my interpersonal and communication skill to there fullest.
Pros
this organization is a good place to work. very people friendly.
good place to work
shipping/receving super. (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 23, 2012
very busy workplace large staff. learned to work close with other dept. management was not always easy. co-workers got along well. hardest part was getting delivers ontime.most enjoyable was been able to work flex schedule
Pros
parking avil. free lunch
A good place to work
Staff Technologist - Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2012
Had a good elationship with management and co-workers. Worked nights and that was very hard for me. Enjoyable to work due to teamwork and comradre
Productive, very professional astmosphere,
Credit Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2012
Emergancy room patient contact on daily basis , Learn to be respectful and considerate to patient care sometimes it can be a stessful enviornment - My managers are soley helpful to our needs .. we work different shifts 8am-4pm / 4pm-12midnight & 12midnight - 8am - No matter what shift you are working ~ We work in a closenet area but we all work together and we do get along. Facing the challenges on a daily basis when a patient expires or a love one loses a family member in the ER ~ homelessness ~ pt has no insurance ~ child being abused and abandon ~ The most enjoyable part of my job when I am able to help someone and to put a smile on a patient face because their having a rough time themselves .