Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Employer Reviews

Awful Management leads to great workers being bad
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Humble, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Never had what was needed for the menu for the week. The menu was not meant for the senior population. They cooked everything in maragine and bacon grease
supportive
Caregiver/Sitter (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 17, 2015
this company really loves their residents. i really learned how to care and help my patients with working here. everyone lends a helping hand to help. i really enjoyed being with residents to help them with their everyday living.
My Experience
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 16, 2015
I've learned valuable skills that will latter aid me in future endeavors. Gained valuable insight on the company and how it functions. The most enjoyable part of the job, is caring for the patients. You come to grow and establish relationships and memorable moments that you will always cherish with the patients.
Good first job.
RA (Current Employee), ORFebruary 14, 2015
Brookdale is a good first job only because it shows you how horrible a job can be. I'm sure there is worse but this place is pretty bad. Horrible food, bad managment which means almost no instruction or consequences so employees slack off instead of doing all of their jobs, not enough money for the things we do and almost no appreciation but that's just my community. Don't know if all of them are like that.
Productive Work PLace
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee), hollly MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great working enviorment, hard working co-workers
Cons: unskilled facility not much room to grow professionally
I come in punch in get verbal shift to shift concrens, grab pager and walkie check communications book for any changes with residents begin my two hour checks and begin to dress and groom redident for the day. I learned a unique way to put on a brief. I learned how to manage my shift team from watching management, I love and still speak to many of my co-workers since i have resigned, the hardest part of the job is loosing residents the most enjoyable part is watching thr residents who are not expected to improve do just that, over all i liked the job a great deal.
Productive interesting workplace
Server/Busser/Room Server (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Typical work day you smiling enjoying the conversation with the residents learning something new each time. Co-workers are easy to get along with manger staff is very understanding.
Great Benefits
Assistant Supervisor/Hostess (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Great Company! There is room for advancement. The are quick to hire within first.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJanuary 27, 2015
I really like my job, coworkers, immediate supervisor and the friendly environment. I learned a lot from this job, it provided me new ideas, skills and knowledge to do my job well. Also, my coworkers are helpful, reliable and team players. Recently, there have been some changes in the senior leaderships. For that reason, there are some changes and new job process implemented.
Horrible place To work
CNA (Current Employee), Richmond, VaJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: miscommunication, horrible management, low pay, greedy company
This company cares nothing about their residents or employees; they are a joke.They just had a meeting yesterday and in this meeting they had a nerve to say, "if you see a resident on the side of the road broke down you are not allowed help them". They claim it for safety reasons, which is bs. How are they safer on the side the road, then in the comfort of their own home. They also said we are not allowed to sit and spend time with a resident doing or after work because it would be considered a conflict of interest. The only reason they don't want employees to spend time with the residents is because they want to pad their pockets, by having the residents pay for a companion and they don't want the residents and employees to care for one another. It's like they want us at odds with each other. The problem is that administration is receiving a lot of complaints from the residents regarding their inability to do their jobs and the way they treat their employees. They refuse to fix the elevators that keep breaking down and let's not get on the bed bugs and roaches within the facility. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The only good thing about this company is the residents.
Lower level management non-existent
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: if your black you get free lunch.
Cons: if you are white, you are expected to work extra hard.
The pay and residents were the only good thing. The co-managers all have their own agendas. The residents needed things to be fixed within 30 minutes or less. They used a repair supply company that is supposed to be delivered within 1 day. But your ED would sometimes take a week or more to approve an order. Doesn't make much sense to me, things that needed to be repaired didn't get much attention. Things that were not that important seemed to be very important. If you need outside help from the home office, you call an 800 number and you can be on hold for an hour. Then a message comes on asking you to leave your name and number. I strongly suggest you look elsewhere, they have recently acquire another company, and although the largest assisted living company in America, I wouldn't say that they are the best.
Family atmosphere
Security Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Many associates have been here for many years because of the people here...
Great place
Resident Aide (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nation wide business, just in case i had to relocate.
I love my job and the wide variety of residents that live in both the assisted living and the memory care house. Management is reliable and understanding. The residents and their families all love our community. My co-workers are easy to work with and help out when you need coverage, and visa versa. Over all a great place to work.
love
Customer Service (Former Employee), oak park, ILJanuary 14, 2015
love dealing with senior citizens. made me appreciate life more & would love another opportunity to work with them
Great Place to work
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), West Allis, WIJanuary 14, 2015
I love this company. They have a great mission and Brand and traet the employees with respect. The managers listen to ideas and use them to help make work more productive. Great company
Growing company with lots of room for career growth potential.
LEAD ANALYST (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work with some really great people.
Cons: no sick time and the pto given is too little. has to be earned and it accumulates at a snails pace.
A pretty decent place to work. The benefits are slim especially time off. It is earned at a very slow rate which is not conducive to a good work/life balance.

One of the things that makes me choose to stay is - my department goes out of their way to have fun. It's actually part of our cornerstones!
Great Team
Occupational Therapist Registered/Licensed (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great salary
Cons: management
The therapy staff in the skilled nursing facility is amazing. Productivity requirements are 80%. The building is clean and well maintained. Teamwork mentality within the therapy department. A typical work day consisted of 7-12 patients with various minutes of treatment. Rarely treated more than one patient at a time.
Company has right priorities
Regional Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: resources
Cons: benefits are increasingly more expensive like everywhere
Company believes in and practices the credos "Do the right thing every day, Take care of the residents and the bottom line will take care of itself, Faith Family Work in that order.

Family tim and balance in associates lives in encouraged and supported.
The staff do their best to accomadate the residents...they want to do a good job.
Nurse (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2014
Pros: the residents are great!
Cons: they do not promote from within.
I haven't found this company to have good communication skills.
Average
Care Associate (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXDecember 7, 2014
For anyone familiar with the line of work, it is very comparable to most other places.
not bad
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLDecember 1, 2014
Management was hectic, but all in all it was a fun place to work. low pay, and very little opportunity for advancement. would prefer a better system of organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living – Read more

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Photos