Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Employee Reviews

this job is no loger enjoyable,,, they ran off all the staff that made it a fun place to work
building maint / hvac (Former Employee), paradice valleyJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good benifits if you can afford them
Cons: no respect for your personal life or family
brookdale expects tou to serve them at a moments notice and does not care about how it effects your personal life ,,,.the managers dump responsibility on you with out thinking about what is happing around them and they dont care about the end objective.they just want it off there back, so they can enjoy there life... some of the workers are realy great and very nice to work with ,, but not all of them there is a few that just want to make your life miserable to save them from dealing with the job as a whole,,,they put you down to get away out dealing with the problems that arise and hope they can be management some day so they can set a secondary set of standards for themselves,, .slow driving the people that care out , too work at other company's,,,and destroy your desire to be proactive
Love my job
Caregiver (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 1, 2015
I love all my residents and my superiors are great to work with. The residents make my job very easy to love. The work environment is always positive because we're dealing with people's lives so it's important.
Very relaxed work environment, which makes the atmosphere for the residents as well as the employees a great place to live and work.
Kitchen Staff (Dining) (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: some employees might not get along with others
A typical day at work is usually easy and laid back.
I learn new ways to improve customer service so that all residents are happy and satisfied with their dining experiences.
Management is great.
Co-workers are okay.
The hardest part of the job would probably be when everyone is suppose to be working towards the same goal but you may have someone who isn't on the same page as everyone else.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be working as a team with minimum mistakes to make sure all the residents are happy.
Worst place I have ever worked
Cook (Former Employee), NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Bonding with residents
Cons: Does not value their employees
The residents are what really makes the job rewarding. Being able to develop relationships with them was the best part of the job. However, low pay, no hours, not being appreciated, no kind of formal training of feedback, management not caring about staff, and the overall treatment of the staff makes this job the worst. You can bust your hump and bend over backwards when asked to and they will still treat you like a bottom feeder. Brookdale management cares more about move ins than they do about retention and well being of those responsible for taking care of those move ins. There is also no room for advancement.
It was always a pleasure going into work, seeing my residents always made me happy
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Davison, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Health benefits with full time position
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of time to interact with each resident
I learned a lot through this job, lots of things that will help me in the health care field. The Co-workers were wonderful and we kept each other informed about everything. Seeing my residents and talking with their families was the best part of my day.
Great Work Place
Server (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJune 29, 2015
It is a great place to work. The managers are friendly and very willing to work around your schedule. The residence are very friendly and it is a great start up job.
Productive Work Place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: free snacks, fun activity
Cons: high turn over
While working at Brookdale I learned a lot . Some days were more challenging than other due to high turn overs . I enjoyed helping the resident despite that .I also enjoyed working with my co-workers we always had fun working together and with the resident. I feel like management here needs to get more organized . The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the resident to best of my ability.
Great site to find jobs!!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 28, 2015
This site has any job you can possibly think of...I have recommended this site to a few people...this site has helped me find jobs.
a very good job
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 27, 2015
this job is good and the people there are friendly and nice. I enjoy talk to the resident about there family's and friendly. the manager are very professor and hard working people. they always make sure the team and resident are happy and not wont for anything.
Never a day off that was promised
Residential Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 26, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No breaks, No 401K matching, PTO was cut by three days
They had one lead in charge for years who always made sure she got the days off from work she wanted. She never filled in for called off shifts as was required of her position. She always made sure someone else covered the shift whether they had already worked five days or not. She claimed this under the we have the right to change the schedule within 24 hours and you have to work it policy. The director did not support the staff at all and there were times when people had to work 10 days in a row without getting any over time. There was no family time as you could never go by the schedule and plan anything.
There is a reason for the mass exit in Executive Directors and Sales Managers in Sarasota!
Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FloridaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Helping Residents and Families
Cons: theft and drug rings in the communities.
Great experienced, talented, and devoted Managers gave notice to leave., with mass exit!!! Look at all the positions Brookdale is hiring for in that area. Nobody stays in the Sarasota area because of the Regional team!
Micro managed dictators. Lack of trading. Work for free. Run down buildings. Lack of Family and Resident complaint follow up. Promises made, never kept.
Caring and friendly managment
Health and Wellness Director (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 23, 2015
Pros: support
Cons: na
While employed with this company the upper management was caring, compassionate, and cared about their employees and residents. The training was educational and assisted with daily operations. When meeting the CEO he was well educated of who every employee was and what they had accomplished with the company. I would recommend employment to any nursing staff.
Stay clear of Brookdale.
Driver / Maintenance (Former Employee), Prescott ArizonaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Residents are friendly although frustrated with management.
Cons: Poor management, corporate only interested in money and view employees as a replaceable item not as people.
Terrible management who have absolutely no concern for residents and employees, although they are following instructions from even worse corporate leaders after nothing more than profit.
Much better opportunities exist in this area, do yourself a favor and skip Brookdale all together.
This place is only about an IMAGE
RCA (Former Employee), Germantown, TNJune 22, 2015
Pros: The place is beautiful
Cons: Mistreats employees
This company is all about an image. They have 1 RCA at night for 25+ residents in assisted living. Usually 1 at night in Memory Care for 10-12 residents. They are all about NO overtime and will cut your week short if you hit OT but if they can't find people to cover shifts you become there BFF and they want u to stay and cover it. As long as the independent section of the facility looks good they tend to relentlessly neglect assisted living and memory care staffing. They mistreat staff and expect u to find your own coverage if u want off or want to use your earned PTO. If u can't find coverage u can't have off regardless if it's PTO or not.
Terrible...
Med tech/CNA (Former Employee), UtahJune 22, 2015
Pros: Some coworkers, set schedule, residents
Cons: Management, hourly wage
Worked for a branch in Utah.
Management was an absolute joke, they took their cliques more seriously than their job. One of the nurses refused to come look at a Memory Care patient of mine who grew a large absess that was hot to the touch on her side, because she was "Just too busy".
I was lucky my shift was pretty solid and friendly with each other, other shifts and employees made time working here he**. It was like high school all over again, even being a laid back person who wanted no part in it. Several call ins or no call no shows.
Would get called in early or asked to stay late almost everyday.
Management did not care about resident rights.
I made $8.75 per hour as a CNA, $9.00 per hour as med tech, ONLY if I was clocked in as med tech.
This place is a joke.
Most employees worked very well with others
Medication Technician (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLJune 21, 2015
Pros: Team work and management was always there to help out
Cons: Call offs.... A lot
The location I worked and in Dunedin was formally Emeritus Senior Living. After Brookdale took over, everything became a lot more organized and more professional. Very pleasant place to work
Resident's receive excellent care
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Leesburg, FLJune 20, 2015
Pros: Events
Cons: Healthcare
Busy facility, Friendly associates, Clean, Knowledgable people, excellent team work, great communication, welcoming atmosphere, secure facility, wonderful residents, fun activites. A really great mission.
Great staff horrible management
Staff (Former Employee), San Antonio parklaneJune 17, 2015
Pros: Staff fantastic when most are OTRs and PtS read above
Cons: To much to list
If your looking for a job that offers no security, considers 30 hrs full time and that's pretty much what you will get unless someone goes vacation and it won't be you because your pto accrues on hrs worked so you don't get 2 weeks a year but if your an OTR or PT you get paid for 40 hrs and don't have to actually work a full load and get max benefits such as pto and not be accountable when you come in or leave and eligible for productivity bonuses and the list goes so to sum it up if your an assistant your pretty much treated like (****) . Don't fall for the hype bottom line is how much do you bring in for the company hince evals.
Nice People to Work For
Resident's Assistant (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: Friendships can cause lack of focus on the job
I like working with the staff and clients of Brookdale; they are amicable, pleasant, and easy to get along with.
It is a pleasant place to work, but there is little opportunity in which to practice skill because they are not often required.
Stay Away
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 17, 2015
Cons: Healthcare, 401(k), mixed PTO/Sick time
High turnover and terrible benefits lead to a bad work environment. What used to be a fun and caring workplace has become solely numbers driven, with higher management consistently making threats about job safety to "inspire" performance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living – Read more

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Salaries