Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Employer Reviews

Love to be around the residents
Healthcare Services Manager (Current Employee), Covina, CAMarch 29, 2015
It is a okay place to work at. It has areas that need improvement management is one of them. compensation for work can be a lot beter.
fast pace job with sun downing residents
Med Tech (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: not enough money and alot of work
My job is giving out medication and over seeing staff and residents.I learned many ways to redirect agressive residents.Managment is alright and staff is over roll good you always have some lazy staff at any job.The hardest part of the job is when the men get agitated and is hard some times to redirect if no men care aides are working. Just having fun with the residents doing activites and just talking to them and learning about their lives.
fun enviorment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CTMarch 11, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: short breaks
i love going to work. the company treats the staff like family, you can always talk to anyone if your going through something
Work day
Server (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 3, 2015
Its a good work day. the staff is amazing and talented. we like help the guest the comes in the dining room. we also do a great job helping each other.
Productive and fun. A good environment.
Concierge (Current Employee), Garland, TXFebruary 27, 2015
My job as a Concierge is one of the most important positions to have at Brookdale. We're at the front desk, so when potential residents and/or guests come inside, we're the first person they see. It's important to be professional and to have a good impression. After all, we represent our facility. It's very exciting to work for Brookdale because our residents are so full of life! You would never imagine them to be the age that they are because of their personalities. After being here for as long as I have, I am very fortunate to know every single person living and working here. Brookdale is like another home to me, with a whole new group of family and friends.
Work and envoirmeny
Memory Care Program Director (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the resident make you come to work every day
Cons: the current adminstator
Brookdale Just Merged with Emertuis Senior Living. No new changes as of yet. I think once everything is set in place Brookdale Clearwater will be a success. I am exciting about all the new changes that have been talked about. A lot of new programs will be put in place.
Awful Management leads to great workers being bad
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Humble, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Never had what was needed for the menu for the week. The menu was not meant for the senior population. They cooked everything in maragine and bacon grease
supportive
Caregiver/Sitter (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 17, 2015
this company really loves their residents. i really learned how to care and help my patients with working here. everyone lends a helping hand to help. i really enjoyed being with residents to help them with their everyday living.
My Experience
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 16, 2015
I've learned valuable skills that will latter aid me in future endeavors. Gained valuable insight on the company and how it functions. The most enjoyable part of the job, is caring for the patients. You come to grow and establish relationships and memorable moments that you will always cherish with the patients.
Good first job.
RA (Current Employee), ORFebruary 14, 2015
Brookdale is a good first job only because it shows you how horrible a job can be. I'm sure there is worse but this place is pretty bad. Horrible food, bad managment which means almost no instruction or consequences so employees slack off instead of doing all of their jobs, not enough money for the things we do and almost no appreciation but that's just my community. Don't know if all of them are like that.
Productive Work PLace
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee), hollly MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great working enviorment, hard working co-workers
Cons: unskilled facility not much room to grow professionally
I come in punch in get verbal shift to shift concrens, grab pager and walkie check communications book for any changes with residents begin my two hour checks and begin to dress and groom redident for the day. I learned a unique way to put on a brief. I learned how to manage my shift team from watching management, I love and still speak to many of my co-workers since i have resigned, the hardest part of the job is loosing residents the most enjoyable part is watching thr residents who are not expected to improve do just that, over all i liked the job a great deal.
Productive interesting workplace
Server/Busser/Room Server (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Typical work day you smiling enjoying the conversation with the residents learning something new each time. Co-workers are easy to get along with manger staff is very understanding.
Great Benefits
Assistant Supervisor/Hostess (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Great Company! There is room for advancement. The are quick to hire within first.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJanuary 27, 2015
I really like my job, coworkers, immediate supervisor and the friendly environment. I learned a lot from this job, it provided me new ideas, skills and knowledge to do my job well. Also, my coworkers are helpful, reliable and team players. Recently, there have been some changes in the senior leaderships. For that reason, there are some changes and new job process implemented.
Horrible place To work
CNA (Current Employee), Richmond, VaJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: miscommunication, horrible management, low pay, greedy company
This company cares nothing about their residents or employees; they are a joke.They just had a meeting yesterday and in this meeting they had a nerve to say, "if you see a resident on the side of the road broke down you are not allowed help them". They claim it for safety reasons, which is bs. How are they safer on the side the road, then in the comfort of their own home. They also said we are not allowed to sit and spend time with a resident doing or after work because it would be considered a conflict of interest. The only reason they don't want employees to spend time with the residents is because they want to pad their pockets, by having the residents pay for a companion and they don't want the residents and employees to care for one another. It's like they want us at odds with each other. The problem is that administration is receiving a lot of complaints from the residents regarding their inability to do their jobs and the way they treat their employees. They refuse to fix the elevators that keep breaking down and let's not get on the bed bugs and roaches within the facility. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The only good thing about this company is the residents.
Lower level management non-existent
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: if your black you get free lunch.
Cons: if you are white, you are expected to work extra hard.
The pay and residents were the only good thing. The co-managers all have their own agendas. The residents needed things to be fixed within 30 minutes or less. They used a repair supply company that is supposed to be delivered within 1 day. But your ED would sometimes take a week or more to approve an order. Doesn't make much sense to me, things that needed to be repaired didn't get much attention. Things that were not that important seemed to be very important. If you need outside help from the home office, you call an 800 number and you can be on hold for an hour. Then a message comes on asking you to leave your name and number. I strongly suggest you look elsewhere, they have recently acquire another company, and although the largest assisted living company in America, I wouldn't say that they are the best.
Family atmosphere
Security Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Many associates have been here for many years because of the people here...
Great place
Resident Aide (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nation wide business, just in case i had to relocate.
I love my job and the wide variety of residents that live in both the assisted living and the memory care house. Management is reliable and understanding. The residents and their families all love our community. My co-workers are easy to work with and help out when you need coverage, and visa versa. Over all a great place to work.
love
Customer Service (Former Employee), oak park, ILJanuary 14, 2015
love dealing with senior citizens. made me appreciate life more & would love another opportunity to work with them
Great Place to work
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), West Allis, WIJanuary 14, 2015
I love this company. They have a great mission and Brand and traet the employees with respect. The managers listen to ideas and use them to help make work more productive. Great company

1 2 3 4 5

About Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living – Read more

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Photos