Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Employer Reviews

not a great place
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
Very stressful environment. Wouldn't recommend place. Glad to be gone
The Residents
Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee), Largo, FLMarch 31, 2014
Make my job worth it! No matter what kind of day one is having or I'am having, they make it bright!
Uncomfortable environment
Resident Aide (Former Employee), Holly, MIMarch 28, 2014
Residents were not being properly cared for and the lack of compassion people had towards their residents were horrifying.
Watching the residents play bowling on the wii
Lead Housekeeper (Current Employee), Leawood, KSMarch 27, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the residents and their family members. all the wonderful stories i have heard
Cons: lossing residents that have brought much joy to put of my life
I start my work day by talking with some of the residents that sit in the lobby drinking coffee and reading their newspaper. I have seven apartments to clean. Dust furniture in hallways. clean and shine up elevators. on some days I have to detail clean apartment for a move-in. I get along with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when one of – more... the residents passes away that's makes my day hard. Getting to know the residents their stories and what makes them smile. – less
Challenging and rewarding company to work for
LPN (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCMarch 26, 2014
I am a part of the management team. I enjoying helping my residents everyday and being a leader for the staff
working with my coworkers was fun
server (Former Employee), the villagesMarch 25, 2014
The job was stressful . I learned how to deal with the elderly and how to serve. My co workers were amazing we all looked out for one another ... The hardest part of the Job when a patient came in an we got so close to them and they only stayed for a few days..
okay workplace
dietary (Former Employee), Centerville, OHMarch 22, 2014
Unorganized job place, management always coming and going so all falls down on the lower workers. strong co workers relationships and residents are very sweet and like family.
HORRIBLE place to work
RN (Current Employee), Rhode IslandMarch 17, 2014
Pros: the residents were nice
Cons: everything
Communication was horrible, getting anyone to do their job was very difficult, management sucked and never did what they were suppose to. There is a ton of drama and people lie to try and make you look bad. No one worked together as a "team" and everyone was always complaining about the little bit of work they did have to do.
Company that hires within and opportunity for growth
LPN (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: rca's not paid well for all the work they do.
Great employees to work with , management changed a lot always & room for advancement , company pays for a % for college. I loved working with Geriatric residents.
I absolutely enjoyed this company and the wonderful people I had the opportunity to work with
Housekeeping/Server (Former Employee), 111 EmersonMarch 8, 2014
This was my very first job that I personally applied for after years of internships and job training etc. And I'm just so grateful they gave me the chance to gain more experience and be apart of their team.
PRODUCTIVE AND NICE ENVIORMENT
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A TYPICAL DAY WOULD BE WHEN WERE RUNNING SHORT ON EMPLOYEES WE HAVE MORE WORK TO DO. I LEARNED HOW TO BE A CERTIFIED DISHWASHER, PREP AND COOK. MANAGMENT AT WORK NEEDS A LITTLE MORE PERFECTION. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS WHEN I HAVE PLENTY OF ORDERS TO SERVE. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS AFTER WORK WHEN WE GET TO EAT OUR DELICIOUS MEAL.
Decent care for seniors
Dinning Server (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 3, 2014
It can be very busy, but the main focus is the residents. I've been there a few years, and honestly I can say I've gained a lot of experience from the two positions I've had in this company.
Horrible place to work
Server/ host (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free food, lovely residents
Cons: work through 9 hour shifts often, short staffed, low pay
I work as a server. Most people won't stay because the amount of work you do, is way more than you get payed. At the property I am at, it pays eight an hour. I have been there for over three years and have not even gotten reached 8.50, with a raise every new year. We do get bonuses, which is nice. They come from the residents though and that's not fair. – more... They are always short, constant people quitting because of the pay. I love the residents though. It's a great place to start and learn how to serve. Also they take advantage that you are a good worker. If you're a good worker, you will get more work while the worker who is not as good gets payed the same while they do minimal work. – less
have fun and do your job
medtech (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: take lunches
Cons: short breaks
make sure you do your job and do it right but also have fun doing your job
Steady flow with good employee / resident relations
Cook (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: low cost lunches
Cons: always a rush to get things done.
Typical day at work would be to go in and prep for all aspects of the lunch set-up. And then start cooking for the dinner setting,always with the thought of keeping lunch serving in a timely manner and preparing all things to order.The hardest part of this job is there are way to many people telling you what to do and when to do it,even if you know – more... what has to be accomplished.The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships you gain with the staff and the residents. – less
Home Like Surroundings
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Sandestin, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free meals when you are at work
Cons: short breaks
Going to work wasn't like going to work...it was like going to visit 100 grandparents and helping them out for a few hours! My co-workers there were awesome. The hardest part of my job was losing people , but I've learned to cope with it!
Very rewarding place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Okemos, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Working with elders has many ups and downs. My favorite part was walking out of work, knowing I helped as many people I could that day.
Average
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Seminole, FLFebruary 9, 2014
A good place to work but you will know you are working for a major company. The resident's best interest does not always come first, if ever.
laid back place to work
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee), Portage, MIFebruary 4, 2014
Cons: short breaks, mandation repeatedly days in a row
Assisted the elderly residents with any needs they had. Helped them with their tasks of daily living.
Worst Place in The Us To Work For.
Ex Manager (Former Employee), Clarebridge PerintonFebruary 4, 2014
Cons: too many to name.
I worked as a manager for this company, and stepped down from the position. In a Meeting one of the managers stated (Let's take the Residents pet cat down to the Chinese restaurant and cook it.) This was said in the presence of two of our Asian employees, and also the director who did nothing to stop this behavior. The employees are over worked, Under – more... paid, Stressed out, and burned out. The management team with the exception of one is a joke ,The director is a total air head, and the foodservice manager is a buffoon. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living – Read more

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Photos