Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Employee Reviews

Pros & Cons on being a Resident Asssiant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Arvada, COJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Residents, Great Work Experiance, Awesome Co Workers
Cons: Short Breaks, Horrible Managment, Stressful Hours
Pros: Working in this job comes with a lot of fun and awesome stories from the residents. I grew to love the residents as my own family. I love being there caregiver. I was always happy being around them.

Cons: Managing this job field wasn't the greatest. They have to improve better with there co workers and the hours. We lose more people then gaining more people. We make huge sacrifice to be there and it effects our health. I love being a caregiver but I cant stand the fact of the job stress out the body. I wish I could have stay there longer but my health is more important.
Brookdale Senior Living
Dietary Aide. (Former Employee), 2929 Post Oak. Houston, Tx.July 30, 2015
Pros: Great People. Clean Workplace.
Cons: Dull Hours. Inconsistent Schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs is getting to know the residents. Knowing the Residents and their family members really help the day go by smoothly. The worst part about working there has to be the inconsistent scheduling which only came out and Saturdays. And the Lack of effort put into fixing and repairing necessary tools to help your work flow run easily.
Not a place for MY loved ones!
did not work there (Former Employee), Central OklahomaJuly 30, 2015
Pros: unable to respond as this was not observed.
Cons: Chaotic, unprepared management, .such a tragic occurance for a place with a (prior) excellent reputation.
Don't intentionally want to be negative, however, the truth is just that - the truth.

At one central Oklahoma facility, the administrator made a 9:00 a.m. appointment to meet with me and did not come to work until 10:26 a.m.

Then, this person argued that she had not EVER spoken with me. At that point,, I reiterated the conversation.

She never agreed that she had indeed conversed with me but surely quit arguing the fact very quickly.
With management such as that, what might the quality of care be for the residents?

What a shame.

Madeline Marie
Loved The Residents But The Other empoyees and Managment Needed Training
STNA/ Housekeeping (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Relationship with Residents
Cons: hard to cover shift, lack of caring
The house was nice however the management lacked caring of residents and because you do not need an stna to work there a lot of staff needed better training to deal with residents that should technically be in a nursing home.
Brookdale of Willoughby unsafe enviroment
Wellness Nurse (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: working with the residents
Cons: Very unorganized and management is very lazy
Very unorganized, nurses are unpaid, never can keep staff, always working short. The most enjoyable part are the residents
have my guest happy and confortable is the priority from me to them
Cook (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
the hardest but im good for it listen to my guest and give a solution finding out with my own experience or the ones I have given to solve a guest issue for the best. the most enjoyable is when they tell me I did a great job at work continue doing what im doing to serve that my priority for my guest. I will espend all hours required at ping pong table to make happy my guest and company give me a opportunity to become part of there team.....
Schizophrenic Management
Sales Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TxJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Always feel threatened, even when your numbers are good for 9 months, because if you have an off month next month, you're threatened you're on your way out.
Management micromanages activities from the Regional Director down. The District Manager outlines specific guidelines to follow, then when they don't work holds staff accountable. Negative reinforcement is the flavor of the day. The residents are wonderful and offset some of the grief.
productive and repetitive care
resident assistant (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: having a new day every 5 to 10 minutes
Cons: short breaks and not enough caring for residents
my day start off preparing breakfast for residents and assist with some feeding. I monitor the resident environmental safety and resident on resident safety. I assist with toilet and grooming, bathing and assisting with the activities that will engage resident.
Laid back place to work.
Purchase Card Anaylst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Hours; pay increase
Cons: 30 minute lunch
Typical day is walking into the office and greeting everyone. Get my coffee so I can start my day. Log into my computer and check my emails for any applications so I can order employees purchase cards. The hardest part of my job is waiting for confirmations. The easiest part is policies and procedures are at my finger tips.
Great Place to Work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Nasty building
It is A great Place to work but there ws jua t bad management in the bilding thwt I was working in Also this is a great company to work for as long as you have the right people and woerk with people that loves to do this job
myNice work environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Willmar, MNJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Always new challenges
Cons: Worked nigh Shift
Very busy I worked alone and had 19 residents to take care of.The hardest was everyone needed you at the same time.the best part of job was all the love the residents had for you when you help them.
Rewarding interaction and meaningful product to sale
Sales Manager (Current Employee), TexasJuly 16, 2015
Pros: rewarding work and growing industry
Cons: Poor compensation
Great product and rewarding work assisting families in difficult times. Management above the revenue producing communities out of touch with day to day work load. Compensation at the revenue producing community level ridiculously low. Successful sales production of multi million dollar annual revenue delivers compensation = to 1.7%.
Great opportunities
RESIDENT ASSISTANT, Brookdale Senior (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: vacation, the residents.
Cons: Management
Brookdale has great opportunities if you want to advance in the medical field, great experience. The many resources Brookdale can provide may open doors to job advancement in and schooling to become certified.
ALMOST something special
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
Pros: National and stable company
Cons: becoming an unethical company
They were fantastic until they took over Emeritus. They became Emeritus. Emeritus was know for being unethical. It seemed as if the upper echelon that came from Emeritus brought their bad habits with them. The company is now a turn off. I just wish they had stayed Brookdale. Things would be so much better.
Great residents but horrible management with favoritism
Salaried employee (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Great residents
Cons: Management with no medical background only sales
I love my residents and their families. Management never does anything but criticize and ridicule. Can never find anything good in what you do no matter how hard to work. Salaried employees are royally screwed. Management shows favoritism and it is obvious! Such a shame. Good employees quit after sheer frustration and no support!
Brookdale
Cook (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: I love what I do (cooking)
Cons: Great place, but not a great work environment
Management here sucks. Employees aren't treated with dignity and respect and moral is very, very low here. Communication among staff is not good at all. Accountability is non-existent here. Something needs to be done about it.
Place is sometimes quiet or has too much drama
line cook (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 9, 2015
Pros: christmas bonus
Cons: no weekends off
Typical day is having to go in in the afternoon and start on my duties, I learned to keep my mouth shut and do my part, The management team has their own clicks and certain ones they look up to. For the most part some co- workers are alright,but I find it important to stay to myself and do my job. Not getting the help when it was seen to be needed. enjoyable part was finishing up and going home.
Don't risk your license
LPN (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: I love the residents
Cons: Everything.
The manager had no background in medical care. He also hid it when I reported suspected abuse. He attempted to frame me for "med errors" that occurred on days I hadn't even worked. I had to medicate 52 residents, while also being a supervisor. The pay is terrible, and I was jipped out of over 40 hours PTO which I had accrued, as well as over $500 in OT pay. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing, and this place is horrifying. They will act nice, but don't be fooled. This is a dangerous place to work for anyone with a license.
decent place
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 8, 2015
Pros: great regular customers and routines
Cons: low pay
late night cashier and food service worker list of daily duites
same team rotated
great people to work with
stock of the beer and keeping up with dates and times for the food
Very nice working enviroment.
Dining Service Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, TNJuly 7, 2015
Good Company. Worked with alzheimers and dementia residents. Prepared meals daily, ordered food and supplies for kitchen. kept up with inventory daily.
Headquarters