Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Employee Reviews

Love working with people and making them smile.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Naples, FLMay 26, 2015
A typical day always went by fast. The most enjoying part of going to work every day was seeing, visiting and helping residents and families.
Fast paced environment
Executive Director/Administrator (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMay 25, 2015
Use & Abuse their staff
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Lunch at a modest cost
Cons: environment
Job seemed ok at first then realized how abusive the company can be. No confidentiality they expect your life to be an open book. Not much of a culture.
Run Away!
Server (Former Employee), NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: Ability to meet some very sweet people.
Cons: Too numerous to count.
Run away, as fast as you can. In all of my years of working, I have NEVER come across a company that knowingly misleads the patrons that they serve and its employees to such an egregious degree.
Hard work for very little.
Cook (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Management try to make the best of bad situation.
Cooking, Cleaning, Washing dishes, and following diet orders. How to have tough skin and work with a very low budget. Overrated nursing facility with high class prices. always critcized
Worst place I have ever worked
Director of Clinical Services, Hospice (Current Employee), TennesseeMay 19, 2015
Cons: Bad management, unethical behaicor
No one is honest and your license will always be in jeapordy. They don't care about work life balance. Nor do they orient employees
Fun place to work. Amazing staff. Great residents.
Food Server (Current Employee), Windsor, CAMay 16, 2015
I really enjoy working here. My coworkers make the job enjoyable. I enjoy interacting with the senior residents. I have never loved any of my jobs as much as I love Brookdale. I can see myself working here until I retire.
fun and patient focused
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Richmond Hts, OHMay 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: less parking for employees
while caring for our residents, Brookdale supports their staff positively, and continues to provide a fun filled atmosphere
Ecellent p/t employment
Driver/Maintenance (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 15, 2015
I enjoy this p/t employment opportunity to assist with a variety of tasks that include driving, maintenance , security, and other areas that improve the quality of life for this senior living center.
Caring company
Health and Wellness Director (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 14, 2015
I enjoyed caring for the residents on a daily basis. Brookdale's company foundations and what they stand for are respectable. They truly try to put the resident first! Also room for advancement.
Prodcutive
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 11, 2015
Everyday is a learning experience, because things change daily and you never know what to expect. This job is very interesting and fun.
A good place to start your first job.
Waitress (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMay 10, 2015
Cons: benefits
As a waitstaff at Brookdale are goal and job is to serve pleasant food to the senior citizens that live there. We make sure they get everything they ask for, we make sure everything in the dinning room is clean and we make sure that before are shift is done, everything is done and perfect for the next day. I learned a lot of patience in this job and i learned to commun8icate so much better as well. The management and co-workers do help you with certain things. The hardest part is most definitely the patience you need. Working with the elderly is never easy. But at the same time its my most enjoyable part of the job. I love working with them, even though it is not then most easy job.
Brookdale Senior Living
Director of Data Analysis (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2015
Pros: Monday-Friday work week
Cons: Long hours, high stress
A typical day in the Brookdale Dining Corporate office can range from extremely busy to very intense. It has been very rewarding to grow and change in this company over the past 8 years.
It was and then it changed.
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 9, 2015
Pros: Set Schedule + OT
Cons: New management, new phone system
When I was first employed at Brookdale, I enjoyed it very much. I finally found a job that I actually enjoyed working. My co-workers were like family When I first accepted the job, I helped people. . If I helped just one person all day, I felt accomplished. Then, We got another director and everything changed. It became a very cold and negative environment. I dreaded going to work. We were no longer allowed to help the customer anymore--- It became about numbers. Even though they say, "We want to help you find the best solution", They really just want numbers. It became to impersonal for me.
• Provided patients assistance with feeding, moving, dressing and personal hygiene • Assisted licensed nursing staff in providing direct patient care
Nursing assistant (Former Employee), Tequesta, FLMay 8, 2015
• Assisted licensed nursing staff in providing direct patient care
• Served meals, made beds, and keep rooms clean
• Answered calls for help and observed changes in patient's condition or behavior
• Changed bed linens, washed and maintained clean living area
• Kept patients mentally healthy, alert
• Took patients vital signs
• Measured and emptied catheter bags
• Encouraged patients to be active and participate in activities as needed
• Maintained patient confidentiality
• Followed orders as directed adhering to all safety guidelines and following set procedures
Ugh.....Its Okay for teenagers or someone living at home
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: They work around your hours
Cons: Pay Sucks, no benefits
Lets just say I am a current employee. the only reason im still here is because I haven't found anything better yet. The pay sucks, you sare over worked and under paid. U r doing everyones job. You have to serve meals, set tables, bus tables which they have a server for. Overall don't aste your time unless you are in dire need THUMBS DOWN
Nice place to work with positive environment
Certified Nurse Aid (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAApril 30, 2015
Good place to work with wonderful residents and management who are willing to work with your schedule. The only con is the staff shortage.
Stay Away From This Corporate Company
Receptionist (Current Employee), FloridaApril 29, 2015
Cons: Poor Management
The corporate world isn't easy and it definietly isn't an easy company to have a career in. It's all about who you know with this company, not how long you have worked for them or how good of an Associate you are. Don't expect to get promoted unless you know someone. The Regionals are never in the building and when they are, they only come to eat and stay behind closed doors with the Executive Director.
Productive and fun work place
CNA/Resident Assistant (Current Employee), West Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: none
I love Brookdale and I believe the management and co workers are really nice and dependable. The atmosphere is also great place to come to. I give Brookdale 5 stars because I believe this has been my favorite job to work at.
organised and fair
CAREGIVER ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Management operates open door policy.the most enjoyable part of the job is the beautiful work environment and clients are really homely.

1 2 3 4 5

About Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living – Read more

Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Photos