Brookdale Employee Reviews

Found 1,179 reviews matching the search
the best
Brookdale Senior Living (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2017
The environment was spectacular. I love the culture as well. Brookdale is a company everyone is looking to work for due to the fact of the way the people in the company treated you
Place to work but no advancement
Medication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDFebruary 16, 2017
Trained employees thoroughly as resident caregivers but lacking in training on the medication carts. If training was more extensive on the carts and the Mars updated to electronic vs. Paper there would be less errors.
Pros
Company has strict policies and procedures
Cons
Low pay, staff team work
Its ok
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 16, 2017
If this job were not for the loyal staff I work with and the dedication I have towards the residents at this facility, I would've been gone a long time ago.
Enjoy working there
Server (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 16, 2017
This something I loved doing cause I've always wanted to work with the elderly help them and do more for them but since I was a server is really enjoyed my time making sure they eat what they feel like eating and help them when they need other things. I really enjoy helping people that's why that job meant a lot to me.
sing alone, exercices
Resident Aide/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
I like working Night, and like to get the residents up in the morning.
sometimes, i get hard time to get them up, they refused to get out of the. My goal is to convinced them and get cleaned up for the day.

it's enjoyable to see your group done and fresh for a new day.
Productive and fun workplace with weekly trivia meetings
Accounts Payable Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2017
Typical day at work was very fast paced, answering phones all day long and researching answers for customers. Once a week we would have team meetings and they managers would organize a trivia game or family feud game for the employees in hopes to motivate us for the work week, to get out there and do our best. The management was always there to help us with any questions we had. The hardest part about the job was working with an electronic invoice system that had a lot of problems uploading invoices into the system and customers were not happy having to continually resubmit their invoices. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers I worked with along with prizes given out if you worked overtime.
Pros
Overtime Prizes, wonderful employees
Cons
Electronic Invoice System
Summary
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Everyday was a new experience and overall a very fun and loving work environment. Every coworker knows everyones names along with the residents. Everyone is friendly and everyone helps one another when in need. I look forward to go to work each day here.
Fun place to worm
Resident Assistant and passing medication (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 15, 2017
I love working for this company I just got ill and quit, I have no complaint, loved the job..It was no problem the staff was helpful in helping the residents
Pros
Free lumnch
Cons
I loved working for this
Nothing as projected
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 14, 2017
The coworkers seem to be constantly feuding against each other and the bosses never seem to handle anything you approach them with. They expect you to bend over backwards for them and won't do the same in return.
Pros
Get away with anything
Cons
Uncooperative
Good benefits, difficult to advance, low salaries
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2017
Since the merger, Brookdale is understaffed, over-worked and under-paid. What used to be a fun-loving environment is now replaced with stressful work conditions and the fear of being let go,
I enjoy working for Brookdale.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoy the people I care for. The Management team is easy to talk to and are flexible with the work schedule. I learn a lot from the monthly meetings we have.

I really don't have any issues with my job. We control our own problems.
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
Some times we run short handed
Wonderful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  okc, okFebruary 13, 2017
I am presently still employed here and love the experience that my job brings. I am in a position to provide positive leadership, compassion and assistance.
Awful place to work
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  McMinnvilleFebruary 12, 2017
The facility in McMinnville is the worst one I have ever ever worked at. The administrator is an awful and mean person. She doesn't care about anything but herself. The human resource director follows her around like a puppy dog. I do not recommend this place at all! I would rather be homeless living under a bridge then deal with the stress and madness of that facility!
Pros
Cons
Administrator is an ice queen
Great experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKFebruary 9, 2017
I had a great overall experience. Great coworkers and management. The pay was a little too low for me and I did not see chance for advancement for myself.
Fun work times
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 8, 2017
working with resident and having a good time and hearing the stories from when they where our age. passing medications enjoy working with the residents
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short brakes
Don't work there
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  JenseFebruary 8, 2017
Worked in the kitchen for a week and quit because the staff was rude and the kitchen was a mess. Roaches crawling on the counters. Dirty dishes were put away and they have a fit when you say anything. CNA all up in the kitchen in the way. No one uses gloves or hair nets. Gross. Residents were so high maintenance and demanding
So glad I don't work there anymore. Don't know how it's still running.
Pros
Cons
Rude, nasty, and unorganized
Ok place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 7, 2017
In the time i worked there I had 4 different bosses. Place never had a handle on management. It's like they hirer to cheapest person to employ and watches them slowing kill the department. Than assumes the staff will deal with the backlash til the next under qualified person takes over. Doesn't respect or appreciate the staff.
Pros
Some staff are great people
Cons
Bad management
Great work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Wonderful work place if you love working with senior citizens. Helping with healthy eating habits. Also learning each and every one's diets and making sure they follow them.
Its ok
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 3, 2017
Need a lot more communication between care team, as well as more teamwork. For as much as work you do and are required to do I feel the worker get paid a lot less than what the deserve.
Pros
The residents
Cons
No comment
not a great place to work
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2017
I did not like the staffing. no one was friendly and they were all unprofessional. i would not recommend this job to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9