Brooke Companies Employee Reviews

Account Payable clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 28, 2016
First Brooke assigned me with an healthcare company in Metairie mentioning I would work approximately 700 hours or 3 months to become permanent with the company assigned. Without warning the assigned company discontinued the job. I was then transferred to another department with the same company. Brooke on the other hand promised saying definitely this is gonna be temp to permanent in another 3 months. Its been almost 10 months and don't see any hope going permanent. Lesson don't trust them to deliver their promises. They know exactly what they are doing.
Pros
the pay you.
Cons
Failed promises, No truth what you gonna get
Good company to work for. Does not have many assignments
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
I enjoy working for Brooke Company, however, they do not have many assignments. I do enjoy being paid every Wednesday, but the pay is not very good.
Pros
Paid every week.
Cons
Not many assignments
Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LouisianaJanuary 23, 2014
1. Great Opportunities
2. Great Assignments
3. Great place to work
Friendly and trusting company
Administrative/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
I was a webmaster assistant on my last assignment with Brooke and I assisted in on creating a website that the company and now all internet users can use.
I learned to build a website and maintain it.
My co-workers were the best I have had I loved worker there they were all very welcoming.
Keep Looking If You Need Legal Work
Legal Placement (Former Employee) –  New OrleansJune 5, 2013
Brooke is very dishonest in their business practices. They tell you you'll temp for 3 mos. max but the law firm makes you temp for 6 mos. Brooke promised a good salary but when meeting with Firm's HR, they offered nearly $10k less than the already agreed upon salary. Agency kept quiet and didn't honor their commitment at all. I was left to negotiate the salary on my own and was only able get the firm up $4k from their initial offer. My permanent salary was still $1k less than my hourly rate as a temp.

If you think you need to use Brooke, get any "commitment" in writing.
Pros
They pay you.
Cons
You can't trust them to honor their agreements.
A pleasant work environment.
Image Processor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 26, 2013
Brooke companies is a staffing agency and my recruiter is very helpful is assisting me with job placement and ensuring that a job assignment fits my financial needs.
Over all I had a great experince and learned a lot.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 30, 2012
On a typical day at work I would check and distribute the mail check all copiers and fax machine to make sure they were stocked with paper. Next I would copy and scan documents as needed. I gave out Local Purchase Orders as requested, and logged in the number and person to whom the purchase order was given.E-mails were checked several times per day. Typed Journal manuscripts into seperate documents and then printed them out. I would check my in-box and take care of any work requested of me. I went outside to the back of our building every day and took a reading of the liquid nitrogen levels went down to 32 inches. I would place an order to have the tank refilled and made sure the paperwork was filled out and signed. Once a month I would print out Data Store, put the information collected into a spread sheet, then printed the spread sheet and put it in the correct account binder. I was in charge of making sure the supply cabinet was stocked with supplies. When guest and repairmen arrived I would escort them from the front building to the faculty or staff they needed to see. At the end of the day I made sure the supply cabinet was locked, and the phones were put on send call.
Great learned a lot at Brooke
Recruiter & Search Consultant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 31, 2012
Doing what you can to generate revenue as a job recruiter.
Very professional and employees had to have a college dergree to work here
Processing clerk and data entry
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2012
This was a contract position as a data entry clerk. Employees are assigned to a work station each day where they complete tasks such as scanning, data entry, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooke Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8