Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital

Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive place to work with a gym area and great food in cafe
Part Time Computer Operator / Support Technician (Current Employee), 7170 Lafayette Ave Fort Washington, PA 19034March 18, 2014
Pros: i am a communicator with my co-workers and i will ask questions.
Cons: some times a person might have book smarts without hands on experience.
Great place to learn and experience things in a hospital / operations center. You can enjoy your job to the point I would work it for free at different times when needed. I love operating computers and I also like them. I learned to work as a team player, shift to shift and co-worker to co-worker. The hard part is a the turnover from shift to shift – more... because you must be knowledgeable about each shifts doings to give a great turnover report. Tape labels, notes, problem reports all these things are so important. My enjoyable part of the job is that I can make a living doing something I love. – less
Able to use clinical skills in short term setting
Creative Arts Therapist (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 13, 2014
I am able to utilize the clinical skills that I obtained throughout school and internships in a short term in patient setting. I feel the creative arts therapies are becoming more recognized and valued as effective therapeutic tools.
Great intentions to help people
Lead Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: overtime is available all the time
Cons: staffing could be improved tremendously, units acuity level is to mixed
A typical day at work entails us working with patients to try and create a positive atmosphere. Running groups and facilitating physical activities in gym or outside.
Management is very involved in the process of trying to make the units as functioning as possible. Co-workers are generally all on the same page to try and keep the unit as safe and functioning – more... as possible.
The hardest part of the job is trying to separate the lower functioning patients from the higher functioning and helping both groups grow in the same community.
The most enjoyable part of this job is watching people grow and have a more positive functioning life – less
Fun work place
Physician Billing/Office Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia PaSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: month bonus
Cons: short lunch break
fast pace environment. New software to learn everyday. Co-workers were very respectable. The hardest part of the job was leaving the company. The most enjoyable the entire company.