Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital Employee Reviews

fecal
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJuly 23, 2016
This place has no regard for its people only concerned about the bottom line. Safety is an after thought. Short staffed and under qualified. The staff are as unstable as the patients. I f i could give it a zero, that would much more suited for this facility. Dirty in all aspects.
Good pay great hours
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 28, 2016
I was a dishwasher and food server. I got paid well and had every other weekend off. A typical day at work was quick and painless. I learned how to deal with mental patients.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great intentions to help people
Lead Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAOctober 24, 2012
A typical day at work entails us working with patients to try and create a positive atmosphere. Running groups and facilitating physical activities in gym or outside.
Management is very involved in the process of trying to make the units as functioning as possible. Co-workers are generally all on the same page to try and keep the unit as safe and functioning as possible.
The hardest part of the job is trying to separate the lower functioning patients from the higher functioning and helping both groups grow in the same community.
The most enjoyable part of this job is watching people grow and have a more positive functioning life
Pros
overtime is available all the time
Cons
staffing could be improved tremendously, units acuity level is to mixed
Impossible to complete daily workload
Social Worker/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJune 17, 2015
I got into this field to help others but cant spend more than 20 min. with client due to increased documentation and need to see others on caseload
Expectations are not congruent with length of time patient is hospitalized.
Pay in acute setting is highest in field but so is stress. I've been employed by same corporation for over 10 years because they have monopoly on free standing psych hospitals in area. The sad part is they pay best in area but still fairly low considering required education for position and daily stress level.
Productive place to work with a gym area and great food in cafe
Part Time Computer Operator / Support Technician (Current Employee) –  7170 Lafayette Ave Fort Washington, PA 19034March 18, 2014
Great place to learn and experience things in a hospital / operations center. You can enjoy your job to the point I would work it for free at different times when needed. I love operating computers and I also like them. I learned to work as a team player, shift to shift and co-worker to co-worker. The hard part is a the turnover from shift to shift because you must be knowledgeable about each shifts doings to give a great turnover report. Tape labels, notes, problem reports all these things are so important. My enjoyable part of the job is that I can make a living doing something I love.
Pros
I am a communicator with my co-workers and I will ask questions.
Cons
Some times a person might have book smarts without hands on experience.
Family oriented work enviroment
MENTAL Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 20, 2014
I have been employed with the company for 4 years. Everyone there treats you with respect and the environment is extremely positive. Everyone greets you with the up most respect no matter what position they hold. At times the hardest part can be challenging patients who want to harm there self or others, however, everyone works as a team. Every Co- Worker supports each other and has no issue with helping those who are not as efficient as some. I work the night shift so my typical day consist of preparing documentation for the day and evening shift along with assisting with patient admissions, vitals and checking for patients safety Q15.
Full Time
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJune 29, 2015
Monitor and Support Patients
Vital Signs
Run Groups
Escort Patients
Team Player
Helping patients through out there rough times in life.
Help others when in need
Check in and record belongings
Able to use clinical skills in short term setting
Creative Arts Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJanuary 13, 2014
I am able to utilize the clinical skills that I obtained throughout school and internships in a short term in patient setting. I feel the creative arts therapies are becoming more recognized and valued as effective therapeutic tools.
Fun work place
Physician Billing/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PaSeptember 21, 2012
fast pace environment. New software to learn everyday. Co-workers were very respectable. The hardest part of the job was leaving the company. The most enjoyable the entire company.
Pros
month bonus
Cons
short lunch break

Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital Reviews by Location