POSITION TITLE: ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PROPERTY MANAGER
This position responsibility is to conduct the day to day tenant operation of the Brookhaven Apartments Community. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with people and present a positive, professional image. In addition the position requires the following:
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or successful completion of a GED Program
- Must have valid Illinois Drivers' License and Insurance
- Strong Organizational Skills (Written And Oral)
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Must have knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and follow company policy.
- Residential Leasing License Required within 120 days.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience working with HUD housing regulations (section 8, etc.) or willingness to obtain required certifications.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience working with GHA regulations, or willingness to obtain required certifications.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience working with IHDA regulations, or willingness to obtain required certifications.
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment e.g. computer (knowledge of Microsoft and Excel); typewriter, calculator and copy/fax machine
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Willingness to Obtain Certified Occupancy Specialist, Tax Credit Specialist, and a desire for continuous education.
The Assistant Property Manager may work on any or all aspects of the daily operations, including: scheduling maintenance and renovations, tenant relations, and compliance for annual recertification, and Tax credit.
- Process Annual and Interim Recertifications
- Manage accounts receivables, e.g. collect resident rents, post payments, process and deliver bank deposits
- Prepare 5-day notices (non-payment of rent)
- Prepare resident balance notices (late fees, paid less and credit balances)
- Prepare three month zero income letters
- Inspect apartments to insure that they are maintained according to lease requirements
- Prepare end of month reports, (Manually post HAP money to each tenant plus adjustments; Review HAP Voucher report -- explain any differences.
- Manage and follow GHA/HUD housing regulations
- Establish and maintain effective communication with HUD/GHA and all other Federal, State and Local Officials
- Direct Resident (s) to proper social service agencies
- Handle Resident complaints/issues
- Prepare and process eviction documents
- Attend court hearing for eviction cases
- During Property Manager's time off, maintain office policies and procedures
- Work independently and effectively
Assist when needed inspect grounds, models and leasing office as§ directed for eye appeal and marketability.
Ensure that the property office§ is organized and runs smoothly pursuant to company policies and procedures in the absence of the Property Manager.
Assist manager in performing the unit§ inspections, move in/move out and regular annual inspection if necessary.
§ Insure and follow the application of Fair Housing practices, and compliance with all regulatory agreements including Tax Credit and Section 8.
Show§ prospects apartment and property amenities.
Follow the established policy§ and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely§ manner. Be able to explain all lease documents to new and existing residents.
Respond to resident requests and work with residents to resolve§ resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
Train, direct, and supervise administrative staff in all leasing§ paperwork and techniques when needed.
Must assist administrative assistant§ in implementing the social programming schedule.
Must have own§ transportation and must be able to work flexible hours on occasion.
Attend§ required training courses
Complete continuing education§
Establish§ and maintain cooperative working relationship with co-workers and general public
Perform other duties as assigned by Property Manager§
Some physical exertion both inside the buildings and outside on the property such as reaching, stretching, carrying, bending, lifting, walking climbing stairs, driving, etc. during winter, spring, summer and fall weather.
******* Job description subject to change without notice***********