Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

it was productive
Custodian/Watchman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2016
I like working there as time goes by very quick.
I learned responsible to protect the property and people
My coworkers are great to with them
Hardest working at graveyard without transportation up returning at midnight
I enjoyed working as security guard
Pros
Free colds drink
Cons
break was on to the given time
Hospital in Patchogue, New York.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYNovember 22, 2015
I have met many wonderful people. I am so happy I am surrounded by other nurses that are constantly willing to teach me different things. I cannot wait to start my career as a Registered Nurse.
Pros
I work with wonderful coworkers!
Cons
The 12 hour shifts get tiring but I wouldn't change it for anything!
it was an ok place to work.
Insurance Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYNovember 8, 2015
the work was very stressful and sometimes felt I did not always get managers help. co workers sometimes talked on phone too much and was distracting
Pros
salary was good. union job
Cons
no flexibility on vacations allowance
Family oriented
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYOctober 30, 2015
It was a pleasure to go to work. My role was in the Engineering Department so there were always different things going on. Sometimes it was challenging, but I loved that. My management team were the best group of people I've known. My co-workers were my friends.
Run the other way
Physician (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYOctober 16, 2015
Top heavy. Disorganized and understaffed. Administration doesn't give a hoot about employees other than how much they can squeeze out of them to cover their inadequately staffed services instead of maintaining appropriate staff. Unsafe working conditions and carelessness. They should offer self defense classes in order to deal with the largely drug addicted criminal population they cater to.
Pros
Good Coffee Shop
Cons
Being unappreciated and abused
Great IT Team members and management
Computer Operator-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYOctober 8, 2015
A great opportunity to utilize It skills obtained from Financial Services and transfer skill set to the medical field.
It was a great place to work for many years that allowed scheduling flexibility.
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, New YorkSeptember 30, 2015
This was a place that respected my need to be create flexible hours which in turn made me a better employee. I learned much from the wonderful nursing staff there. They always took the time to educate me when they could about my patient, including things I didn't necessarily need to know for my job, but made the day that much easier. Recent changes making it mandatory for a 12 hour shift makes it difficult for me to continue there. Great Human Resources Department allows discounts for movies, Splish Spalsh and LI Ducks games. Every year they do a big bar b que for their employees which is a great way to meet people.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Patchogue, NYAugust 7, 2015
It was volunteer work there isnt much to say I went I volunteered and I went home I help when it was need and that was that. We got free lunch and everyone
Interesting Psychiatric and Neurological Rehabilitation Facility
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 25, 2015
A typical day at work involved transcribing and editing dictation by psychiatrists, neuropsychiatrists, neuropsychologists, and psychotherapists. My typing speed increased to 80 wpm, and my editing skills improved. Management was kind and thoughtful. My co-workers in medical records became my friends. The hardest part of the job was the pressure of handling all of the transcription for a 40-bed facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the reports were very interesting and I learned a great deal about those specialties.
Pros
discounted lunches, free beverages, benefits
Cons
Heavy work load for one person
Secure job but stressful
therapist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 10, 2015
There is always work to be done, the work can be very stressful. It's a good place to get work experience and they really help the patients.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJune 7, 2015
Was a great place to work. Worked there for over 11 years and never had any problems. Environment Services is mostly set hours with every other weekend off, offered overtime and bosses were friendly and always tried their best to help you out. Receiving is a great job 6-2 M-F.
Pros
Mostly friendly staff, good shifts available
Cons
Raises were minimal
productive and challenging work environment with great staff
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work consists of being very busy and being surrounded by great employees. I've learned through the years to challenge myself everyday. The management team are very positive and helpful. The management also always has my best interest at heart. My co-workers are wonderful and curteous, they also are very knowledgable. The hardest part of my job is to deal with the different stress levels of docotors and other employees. My commute is also a factor. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to put a smile on my patiensts faces.
Pros
long breaks, great staff
Cons
not the greatest area to work in
it was a very busy place
Insurance Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYApril 8, 2015
the only thing that was bad was that the stress was horrible.
you were expected to do 32 patients a day and you had to leave by 4 . It was very stressful and felt underappreciated.
Pros
you recvd healthcare benefits.
Cons
you had to join a union
really heck loved dealing with patient good experience for life fast passing job i have learned a lot from everyone
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYFebruary 27, 2015
phone ring like non stopping ,line were out at door I have learned a lot such as how to deal with difficult people, the bosses were great so were my co-workers I have liked the most was knowing that you are helping people that really need
Pros
everyday was something new
Cons
sometimes some really sick patient take out on you their angry
Friendly Compassionate Atmosphere Saving Lives
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  101 Hospital Rd Patchogue NyJanuary 30, 2015
From 1992 till 2006 I worked as a Certified Nursing assistant where I had the opportunity to meet, help and love so many patients who made a difference in my life. Every day , all the time, no matter what was going on outside of work, all my patients received top of the line care with my love. No matter how short staffed the hospital was , my Care was never shorted. My attitude and work ethics always remained NY standards and requirements as well as My behavior and attitude always Maintained My true character, which is kindness, empathetic, compassionate, calm, understanding, gentle, loving, caring and always spoke to everyone with a soft spoken loving tone. Team player is my middle name.
Pros
having the opportunity to help someone who couldnt help themself.
Cons
none at all
Good Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJanuary 27, 2015
This is a good place to work. Many advancements, cultural diversity, help with educational advancement. Too many chief's not enough Indians!! They would be a better rating if they didn't have so many bosses. There is not enough employees compared to all the bosses! Their nurse huddles are repetitive, boring, and demeaning to their employees. They don't appreciate good help when they have it. So they lose the good employees to others.
Pros
help pay for school
Cons
too many cheif's not enough indian's.
I enjoy working at Brookhaven because there is a strong sense of community.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYDecember 4, 2014
I work in the float pool, every day is different, and I enjoy that because it keeps me on my toes.
I've learned to care for the patient overall, compassion, and patient centered care.
Management. There is a lot of favoritism, and micro managing toward the wrong things.
Overall I love my co workers, they are my second family.
The hardest part of my job is when we are understaffed, we are unable to care for our patients properly and it can become dangerous.
Most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to the patient, when you made their day a little better by caring for them, and them showing you how thankful they are for you.
Pros
making a difference by caring for your patient and the comradery you share with your co workers.
Cons
understaffed
its a job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYOctober 24, 2014
It was a good paycheck and I liked the people that I worked with. It was a very demanding job with not a lot of praise.
provided a great environment to learn and enhance my skills
INTENSIVE CARE REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  East Patchogue, NYOctober 14, 2014
grew a lot in my experiences with the critically ill patient.
Co-workers were great to work with and very helpful.
people person
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECH/MENTAL HEALTH TECH (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 9, 2014
working with the dupable can be challenging but the set up makes it rather easy and more enjoyiable