Brookhaven Memorial Hospital

Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

OK
Unit Secretary / P.D (Current Employee), patchogue, new yorkJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: no hours time available
OK place to work. Enjoy patient interaction and job responsibilities.
Great experience
Internal Medicine, Three-month externship (Former Employee), Brookhaven, NYNovember 27, 2013
Presented patients to attending.
Give talks and lectures to residents on a specific medical topic.
productive and a nice place to work
Phlebotomist/ EKG (Former Employee), Medford, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: have to work some holidays
working here was a great experience and was willing to stay but they had no f/t position for me.
productive and fun workplace environment
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYOctober 30, 2013
The best part of my job is far and away the people I work with. They are genuinely good people and many are my closest friends.
Interesting place, needs better management
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Tulsa OkOctober 28, 2013
Pros: steady, feels like family with coworkers
Cons: less pay and poor benefits
I have enjoyed my time at Brookhaven Hospital, but would like the opportunity to advance and obtain better benefits. There are good people that work in the administration office but need better communication when it comes to management
Do NOT work there.
CNA (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYOctober 8, 2013
Cons: no union for cna's.
Horrible Management, Always short staffed, Too many patient load. All they care about is HCAPS. Floor Managers are unprofessional, do not how to appropriately speak to employees. Employee's are tired of being treated like dirt.

Don't waist your time applying there.
working at Brookhaven Hospital i learned to transport patients and too work in a faster pace.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Coram, NYOctober 2, 2013
Pros: having a rewarding job where you go to work and felt appreciated .t.
Cons: some workers that didnt do there share of work.
A typical day at work would be cleaning patient area,transportant patients to there tests,and handing out dietary trays.My other duties where stocking shelves.While working at the hospital I learned how too transport patients to tests safely and how to show compassion when patients are not feeling well.The hardest part of the job was getting close too a patient and something happen to them
This hospital was okay.
I assist (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: many nurses were compassionate.
Cons: knowing your scope of practice and strictly adhearing to it was loosely practiced.
This was a team nursing setting, I would have 12 to 15 pt's a day. Short staffed often. The electronic medical record was a great experience to have. This system was called the MAK system and I was considered a supper user and trained other staff in the ED to use the network.
it was a good place to work for
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), patchogue nyAugust 16, 2013
they treated the employees very well. it was a nice place to work for
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: no micromenagement
Cons: no brakes
good co-workers, ability to work independent, management support
Good with managing hours
Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Nursing AssistantJuly 23, 2013
I enjoyed being hands on doing something i loved like helping people get better everyday
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.....
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: convenient parking
Cons: lack of senior management support....workplace gossip thrives here!!! staff drug use.
Not a good place for professional or clinical growth.
RN Staff ignore callbells and patients. No Teamwork.
Many issues with narcotics on the units. Since they
don't drug test staff on hire, you don't know who is using
who or who is using what! Scary place for a new RN to
practice. No educator support on the night shift. You are
basically on your own. They get rid of the good supervisors
that actually get something done, and leave the floors uncovered with incompetent wannabees.Lot of staff gossip & chaos. Nothing gets done! Not a healthy work environment for nurses & not a safe environment for patients! !
I don't recommend this place at all
Cashier for the GrabnGo Cafe (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYJune 15, 2013
Pros: there are none
Cons: everything that a hospital should be they are not
The supervisors are always screaming at you. The coworkers work like the supervisors marionettes and do their dirty bidding for them.
Management sucks. No one has your back and if they tell you that they do, they are full of cr*p. Talk about intensity. If you go to the bathroom crooked you get written up. Oh coworkers. You don't have any none worth calling coworkers. Everyone is out for themselves.
The hardest part of the job was not telling the BBB sooner on how this place ever survives. THe most enjoyable day there was none.
I worked both units in the hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2013
Pros: as many hours as i could work in a week
Cons: i never knew which unit i was to work until i got there
The "NRI" side was used for patients with tramatic brain injuries that exhibited aggressive behaviors. It was a locked unit. The other unit was more of a psychiatric hospital dealing with depression, multiple personality disorders, drug addiction, and suicide risk patients.
Professional Environment
Echosonographer (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYApril 7, 2013
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital is a community based hospital, both in that it serves the community it is a part of and that a majority of the employees are from the community; this creates a friendly and professional work environment.
Corrupt "not for profit" hospital where you're treated like dirt
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYMarch 25, 2013
Cons: read above
The worst place to work. Youre job is constantly in jeopardy. Any write up is grounds for termination. If any of their "clientele" complains about you (and the clientele is mostly alchoholics and drug addicts with very bad attitudes), their side is immediately taken. The ICU's are disgusting. Literally. Most surgical cases end up septic and rot away and die there. The patients are disgusting. The management treats you like peons.

May 12, 2013

it was summed up perfectly and truthfully although I would have been more delicate. I worked there as an Rn for over 20 years and everything that was said is DEFINITELY true.

5 year HBO Tech , Good team , poor management
Safety Director/Hyperbaric Tech (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYMarch 10, 2013
Pros: fun and friendly work environment, learned a lot.
Cons: miss my co-workers
Worked there for 5 years , great staff,doctors,and patients care was rewarding . Management kind of went down hill through the years , but a lot stress on them too. Best Doctors and nurses ever , caring 100%.
I enjoyed working for Brookhaven Hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Long Island, NYDecember 27, 2012
I worked from home but did not know anyone personally but I love the doctors. Their dictation was so easy to transcribe and they were for the most part very clear. I only spoke with one person in the Medical Records Department and she was great. She helped me out when there was an issue with one of the docs or just a word that I had a problem with.
Way too top heavy!!
best employee (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYDecember 12, 2012
Pros: benefits and coworkers
Cons: administration, understaffed, pay
The benefits were great and the staff was amazing!! If you want to be treated with disrespect and belittled than this is the place for you. Typical day was filled with anxiety and nervousness thinking to yourself, what are they going to complain about today. Wasnt worth it, there constantly changing policy to fit their needs and there such a lack of communication. Never understood how people with no clinical background can be where there at. STAY AWAY!!
Administration clueless!!
former employee (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYDecember 10, 2012
Pros: staff and benefits
Cons: management, administration and human resources
Loved my co-workers and patients. The benefits were excellent. Problem with brookhaven is its way too top heavy. Place is run by a bunch of clueless individuals with no clinical experience and think they can run a hospital. Stay away unless you want to work for a company where you get totally disrespected and taken advantage of.

About Brookhaven Memorial Hospital

Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center is an acute-care facility with more than 300 beds that serves patients primarily in – Read more

Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Salaries