Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

productive and challenging work environment with great staff
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work consists of being very busy and being surrounded by great employees. I've learned through the years to challenge myself everyday. The management team are very positive and helpful. The management also always has my best interest at heart. My co-workers are wonderful and curteous, they also are very knowledgable. The hardest part of my job is to deal with the different stress levels of docotors and other employees. My commute is also a factor. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to put a smile on my patiensts faces.
Pros
long breaks, great staff
Cons
not the greatest area to work in
it was a very busy place
Insurance Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYApril 8, 2015
the only thing that was bad was that the stress was horrible.
you were expected to do 32 patients a day and you had to leave by 4 . It was very stressful and felt underappreciated.
Pros
you recvd healthcare benefits.
Cons
you had to join a union
really heck loved dealing with patient good experience for life fast passing job i have learned a lot from everyone
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYFebruary 27, 2015
phone ring like non stopping ,line were out at door I have learned a lot such as how to deal with difficult people, the bosses were great so were my co-workers I have liked the most was knowing that you are helping people that really need
Pros
everyday was something new
Cons
sometimes some really sick patient take out on you their angry
Friendly Compassionate Atmosphere Saving Lives
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  101 Hospital Rd Patchogue NyJanuary 30, 2015
From 1992 till 2006 I worked as a Certified Nursing assistant where I had the opportunity to meet, help and love so many patients who made a difference in my life. Every day , all the time, no matter what was going on outside of work, all my patients received top of the line care with my love. No matter how short staffed the hospital was , my Care was never shorted. My attitude and work ethics always remained NY standards and requirements as well as My behavior and attitude always Maintained My true character, which is kindness, empathetic, compassionate, calm, understanding, gentle, loving, caring and always spoke to everyone with a soft spoken loving tone. Team player is my middle name.
Pros
having the opportunity to help someone who couldnt help themself.
Cons
none at all
Good Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJanuary 27, 2015
This is a good place to work. Many advancements, cultural diversity, help with educational advancement. Too many chief's not enough Indians!! They would be a better rating if they didn't have so many bosses. There is not enough employees compared to all the bosses! Their nurse huddles are repetitive, boring, and demeaning to their employees. They don't appreciate good help when they have it. So they lose the good employees to others.
Pros
Help pay for school
Cons
Too many cheif's not enough indian's.
I enjoy working at Brookhaven because there is a strong sense of community.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYDecember 4, 2014
I work in the float pool, every day is different, and I enjoy that because it keeps me on my toes.
I've learned to care for the patient overall, compassion, and patient centered care.
Management. There is a lot of favoritism, and micro managing toward the wrong things.
Overall I love my co workers, they are my second family.
The hardest part of my job is when we are understaffed, we are unable to care for our patients properly and it can become dangerous.
Most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to the patient, when you made their day a little better by caring for them, and them showing you how thankful they are for you.
Pros
Making a difference by caring for your patient and the comradery you share with your co workers.
Cons
UNDERSTAFFED
its a job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYOctober 24, 2014
It was a good paycheck and I liked the people that I worked with. It was a very demanding job with not a lot of praise.
provided a great environment to learn and enhance my skills
INTENSIVE CARE REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  East Patchogue, NYOctober 14, 2014
grew a lot in my experiences with the critically ill patient.
Co-workers were great to work with and very helpful.
people person
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECH/MENTAL HEALTH TECH (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 9, 2014
working with the dupable can be challenging but the set up makes it rather easy and more enjoyiable
My achievements
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Working at Brookhaven bring me more experience , help me to be more responsible , independent and patient.
great foot-in-the-door job
Team Assistant, Home Care Department (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYAugust 1, 2014
• Place orders for medical supplies: Wound Care, Wound Vac, DME, Oxygen
• Place orders for Home Care supplies stock and create invoices
• Place orders for lab work
• Prepare and process payroll for Fee-For-Service nurses and therapists
• Assist supervisor with all scheduling
• Make referrals for PT, OT, ST, MSW, NT
• Facilitate phone calls- high volume
• Prepare admission charts
• Serve as a liaison between DME companies and Brookhaven Home Care
• Obtain insurance authorizations and assist in reimbursement services resolving visit discrepancies and billing related issues
• Intake: the interdisciplinary homecare referral process
• Cross-trained in all department clerical functions
Awesome Hospital
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJune 14, 2014
A typical night at work is helping the nurses and doctors function on a timely basis by making sure that the patients information is entered in correctly that consists of tests, scans or x-rays.
Pros
Learning from the nurses
Cons
Not enough staff at night
Hospital Review
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  patchogue nyApril 1, 2014
A typical day working in brookhaven hospital consisted of registering patients including trauma patients. The hardest part of this job was defiantly dealing with the trauma patients that came in from house fires to suicides to car accidents. I loved working here. The people were amazing and great to work with
Pros
working with amazing people
Cons
working every holiday
Patchogue - Master Electrician (Current Employee) –  Patchouge, west mainFebruary 7, 2014
Good people, like working with patients.
sometimes slow but create my own work.
Pros
Stress free environment
Cons
none really, i can handle anything thrown at me
active hands on and great experience in central transporting
CENTRAL TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Responsibilities
Escorts or transports patients within hospital or other medical facility.
Determines patient name, destination, mode of travel, time, and other data, following written or oral instructions.
Assists patient in walking to prevent accidents by falling, or transports nonambulatory patient, using wheelchair.
Transports patient, alone or with assistance, in bed, wheeled cart, or wheelchair to designated areas within facility during patient stay.
Patient confidentiality with there personal information at all times.
Pros
interacting with patients
Cons
not enough over time
Great place to work at
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven,NYJanuary 24, 2014
you have great coworkers and its a good working environment. you learn something everyday from your coworks and patients
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Environment
Cons
n/a
Ok
Unit Secretary / P.D (Current Employee) –  patchogue, new yorkJanuary 9, 2014
OK place to work. Enjoy patient interaction and job responsibilities.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
no hours time available
Great experience
Internal Medicine, Three-month externship (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYNovember 27, 2013
Presented patients to attending.
Give talks and lectures to residents on a specific medical topic.
productive and a nice place to work
Phlebotomist/ EKG (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYNovember 20, 2013
working here was a great experience and was willing to stay but they had no f/t position for me.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
have to work some holidays
productive and fun workplace environment
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYOctober 30, 2013
The best part of my job is far and away the people I work with. They are genuinely good people and many are my closest friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9