Brooklyn Public Library Employee Review

View all Brooklyn Public Library reviews

I love the library because i love to read and i'm surrounded by so much knowledge.It's also a great place to meet different types of people.
Part-time Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2013
A typical day at work i would go in look at the schdule to see if i'm working at the checkout desk first or the return desk. I take my stuff to my locker say hello to my coworker and my supervisors the i go to my desk. At the checkout desk i give library cards to first time users at the library and replaced cards to the patrons that lost theirs. I answer the phone to patrons that want to renew the item on their cards because they can't make it to the library. I also direct the patrons to the restrooms, the cafe , the computer room and the kios so they can pay their overdue fines.On the return desk i check in the the books and dvd's the the patrons return and inform them over their fines if the had any.
Pros
Lots of books to read dvd's and cd's like the people i work with.
Cons
There is no room for advancement.

Other Brooklyn Public Library Employee Reviews

Great place to learn.
T4 Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2017
Great place to work however you won't be hired if you have family members or relatives working in the same organization. Sadly said, there are numbers of family members working within the same units and departments. They are either the very elite, lucky or the not so truthful when applying for the job.
Pros
Great place to work in.
Cons
Don't hire family members even if they are qualified or highly recommended for the job.
common work day
Part-Time worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2017
depends on whatever day it could be slow or a fast paced . youll meet wonderful people . work load sometimes feel like you dont get paid enough. but working at the library is great for a first job
Pros
Discounts
Cons
not suitable for a financially ambitious