Brooks Automation

Brooks Automation Employee Reviews

Productive in Work Place
Final Inspection/Assembler (Former Employee), Petaluma, CAMay 5, 2015
Working hard for the company.
Learn a lot of things in Assembly of electronics mechanical system.
The management well organized.
All my co-worker cooperate each other as a team.
No hardest part of the Job.
The enjoyable part of the job helping each other in time we experience a system problem.
Great place to learn and work
Mechanical engineer (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAApril 29, 2015
Overall was a great place to work, lots of different projects. I learned a lot as part of there engineering team. The only downfall was that the management direction kept changing.
Good people
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee), Poway, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good skilled people
Cons: Many contractors - don't hire full time
Company moved due to corporate management giving up on the Poway location and transferring operations to Massachusetts
This was one job that I absolutely loved!
Field Service Engineer III (Former Employee), Austin TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Loved the challenge. I felt like a valuable part of the team.
Cons: Got stuck in a position where I trained the customer to the point they no longer needed my services.
Working for customers on site, repairing equipment and keeping their facility going.

I learned about so many different types of robotics, sensor applications and automation systems.

Management I think was average.

Coworkers were good. Most of us had technical backgrounds.

The most enjoyable part was personal satisfaction and getting good feedback from the customer contacts.
Fun people and interesting perks
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee), Poway, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: company events and benefits
Cons: management
This company normal benefits are ok but it has a lot of unusual perks that I have not normally seen at a company. Coworkers like to grab drinks and hang out a bit and are friendly overall.

Management went from good to bad, new managers came in that pushed for product to go out though sacrificed quality and did not understand a global perspective when understanding logistics.
Family Oriented Company
Assembler 2 (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAOctober 9, 2014
Very good place to work, They respect you and your opinion and the employees are great.
Enjoyed fast exciting enviornment
Purchasing Buyer (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: working with great people
I enjoy my employment at Brooks, I have learned the following:
Working with suppliers on a close basis, on qty and pricing
Learned to process Vender Sales orders
Quoted large amount of items to consolidate suppliers, Lean business
I enjoy helping and working with others as a team, to assure product gets into stock for needed builds.
Great group of people and the ability to be self driven and self managed
Global Transition Program Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment and really friendly co-workers that can work hard and have fun too
Cons: managing projects in multiple time zones simultaneously
A typical day at work is never typical because the focus and priorities of the position change every day due to dynamic conditions (internal and external) within the various programs under my management. As such, I've learned to increase my flexibility and responsiveness in order to keep abreast of these changing conditions and provide my team with the information they need when they need it and to keep the customer informed on a realy time basis. The management team at Celestica counts on each person to be self managed and supports us where necessary. This is the type of work environment that promotes trust and makes this company an enjoyable place to be, especially considering the quality of the work force.
Weak Leadership
Global Operations Manager (Current Employee), Poway, CAApril 15, 2014
Cons: many
Products are not ready to ship and the stress this puts on the entire organization creates an atmosphere of frustration and sloppiness.
Great people, Good Company
Buyer - Planner, II (Current Employee), Petaluma, CaliforniaDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great people, good working environment, excellent benefits
Cons: don't get hired as a temp, unless you like a factory setting, this site may close and move overseas
I got hired as a Temp to work at Brooks and as a Temp, you really have to remember that you are working for a Factory. It will have it's ups and downs and you need to be mentally & financially ready for slow-downs and shutdowns. Brooks calls all the shots, even though you're employed with R&D Technical. If you are lucky enough to get hired or converted to a full-time Brooks employee, be ready for some really nice benefits. Brooks employees are well taken care of. Long vacations, heath, employee stock purchase, and an incredible amount of training for which you get credit for. Their HQ is in Chelmsford, MA and if you ever need assistance, they are the 1st in line to help. Management of Materials and Operations are really great people to work with. We get to have some fun mixed in with our work. Brooks creates an environment where everyone is treated with respect. If you get the chance to work for Brooks, I highly recommend it
Great Company to work for!
Administrative Assistant to the Vice President/CIO (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: company (helix technology) was bought out and relocated
Enjoyed the 11 years I worked there; great leadership, employees and team environment
Standard corporation HQ office
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAApril 23, 2013
Typical days would include resolving network related issues. I learned more about how to support Cisco and Juniper products.
Fremont campus is crossing automation not really brooks
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 3, 2013
This review is for crossing automation which is acquired by brooks. Not a great company to work. The fremont campus is old crossing and they hire and fire people like crazy.
Great place to work, a high-tech company with room to grow
Desktop Service Technician (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: paid time off, room to grow, friendly coworkers, low-stress
Brooks Automation was an awesome place to work. My manager was a terrific person with a great attitude and always wanted to accommodate his employees. It was a nice culture with lots of intelligent people. The company is small but afforded plenty of opportunity to grow. As a contractor I was offered more permanent employment but had to decline due to my education I was pursuing. Brooks offers benefits and perks to their employees like new luxury cars and paid vacations.
Exciting place to work - great products
Director of Operations (Former Employee), chelmsford MaFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: exciting products, excellent people, teamwork evident
Great people, great products. Exciting and challenging place to work. People work together to drive improvements and overall culture is very inclusive to all.
Well balanced company
Sr. Global Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: free coffee and the daily work challanges
Brooks Automation is always challenging and encouraging personal growth. Free internal and external training to help you succeed and grow within. Respectable work environment with a solid, forward looking, vision for the future.
Very good place to work
Welder (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: great holiday parties, great bosses, lot of communication
Fabricated front end frames for the semi conductor industries. Repaired damaged frames. Welded 3g ans 4g. Coworkers were helpful in assisting. The work is hot, dirty and heavy lifting. The best part of the job was watching frames get built.
long time ago
Account Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 4, 2013
I worked for a company that was aquired by Brooks and left shortly thereafter.
Exciting company with state of the art products
Technical Sales Support Manager (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MADecember 28, 2012
Fast paced company that has innovative products.
Team culture that resulted in creative solutions and products for the customers.
productive workplace
Welder (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 12, 2012
Pros: christmas parties
Given real opportunities to advance in career. Management listens to employees.