Brooks Automation Employee Reviews

Summery
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 6, 2017
The company is good to work for but my management is poor.
The benefits are good and the working people are awesome to work with. Just don't approve of my manager.
Brooks
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 18, 2017
Brooks was an excellent place to work at. The staff makes it a better environment. Training was really good and clear. If given the opportunity to work there again I wouldn't hesitate.
Pros
Great staff and easy environment to work.
Cons
Temp to permanent ratio could use work.
productive and fun
Technician, Magnetron Robot (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJuly 6, 2017
Very friendly and humble people who will help you when needed but no fingerholding.
Was allowed to participate in many meetings with not a direct focus to my job, in a sense, allowed to have a hollistic view of the company.
Mentorship is provided, allowed to experiment a little.
overworked underpayed
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 26, 2017
title says it all no work life balance at all no advancement and no opportunities. very clickie management is clueless and disconnected from workers.
Great Management in place
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 14, 2017
They did a very good job of taking care of all the employees in the company, no matter what your role was. They also understood I was an intern looking to develop my business experience and gave me many appropriate opportunities to do so.
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 10, 2017
Brooks Automation is a good company to work in. A lot of overtime, flexible and good management. There is sufficient opportunity to grow within the company.
Supervisor of the Import/Export and Shipping/Receiving
Supervisor Shipping/Receiving and Import/Export (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 27, 2017
Excellent job. Worked with hourly employees as well as management. My background for this job started with being a claims writer for a Customs Brokerage house.
Pros
Physical job; frequent contact with other employees as well as management.
Cons
Company was sold moved to another state
productive and fun.
ElectroMechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA 01824February 24, 2017
This job gave me so much experience with mechanical assembling.
the boss's were great and took care of the employees. the hardest part about this job is reading the blue prints of the machines we had to build. overall This job was a fun place to work for.
No SR Management Interaction. Too much politics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 29, 2016
Company was fun to work at before 2012. Once the new CEO was placed, all he care about was Life Sciences. He didn't care about the current products being offered. Sr. Management has no clue why employees are leaving and our customers are unsatisfied with the quality of products and lead time.

Incompetent people get rewarded while hard workers get overlooked.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No communication, no support from Sr. Management
Good company to work for.
HR Specialist/ Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MANovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Brooks Automation as a contract employee. Very collaborative and productive culture, great people and work/life balance.
One of the worst places I've ever worked
Lead IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MANovember 10, 2016
No sense of urgency or customer service in the entire place. Antiquated technologies with no vision on upgrading. I would never recommend anyone to this place.
Great work place, people there are very helpful, and friendly
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJuly 18, 2016
I love having my own work place to keep all my things organized and all of my belongings. I like the fact that I also had people around my cube too incase I needed any help. Working there was great and fun. Once I finished my trainer the work didn't seem so much like work. I liked the fact that I looked forward to go into work.
Pros
Free coffee and tea and hot chocolate
Cons
lunch room was pretty far
Contract to update PCs
Helpdesk technician (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 1, 2016
My contract came down to me finding a method to update hundreds of desktop PCs being used with production equipment. Exceeded expectations. They planned for 3-5 to be updated per day, ended up updating 7-10.
Pros
good team
Cons
abrupt end to contract despite direct supervisor wanting to keep me
Nice place to work
Assembler/Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 18, 2016
Fun atmosphere work kept you busy overall a good environment to get the job done. Liked the hours and flexibility. Had a nice outting once a year for employees
Brooks automation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 13, 2016
Pro: Not very stressed working environment
Con: communication between employee and upper management is completely broken
Good Luck
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 28, 2016
There is no documentation or SOP's in order. The good old boy club set of mind. Nothing more to say, but the manager is a wonderful guy !
Lacks Innovation
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER IV - VACUUM PRODUCTS (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 14, 2016
There are so many highly talented individuals that are being underutilized and so few meaningful development projects of any kind.
Things went down hill as soon as the pruchased Nexus Biosystems.
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAApril 13, 2016
Treated as nothing more than a cog in the machine. Work was foremost on the managements mind. There was very little home / work balance in this company. often forced to work weekends and holidays without any regard for employee's..
Very dynamic manufacturing / production environment
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 2, 2016
excellent work place, the most enjoyable part of the job was been able to work as a team with many other sites of business all around the world
Great place to work for Engineers
electrical engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 22, 2016
Many of the people were great to work with. They seemed to care about the company and where they were headed.
I think that the company not only presented a learning environment but also has potential for being even better.
Pros
Flexibility, available equipment, people
Cons
outsourcing engineering work, watching the company get leeched for money by the outsourcing company