Brooks Brothers Group, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 18, 2017
Great company with beautiful clothes, great benefits, great customers and very rewarding. Easy to learn policy and procedure. Great upper management.
Pros
discount, beautiful clothes, teamwork
Cons
distance from home
Do Not Work Here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 16, 2017
They are to worried about the the store looks like, like hiding tags and stacks and presentation. Customers SHOULD be the focus. TOO WORRIED ABOUT WHAT DOES NOT MATTER.
Poorly managed company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 26, 2017
Upper management doesn’t invest in its employees. No room for advancement, despite the fact the North California/ PNW stores go through so much management turnover. Worked full time for over 1.5 years without earning any paid time off. Pay is terrible and not competitive.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, No paid time off, No advancement opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 24, 2017
Brooks Brothers was a good place to work. I was not as crazy as some retail jobs I have worked and managed. It pays on the lower end but it is not bad pay. Work life balance isn't bad for retail and for the most part it is not too stressful unless you are not making your goals. The Clients you get are the best part of the job. You will create great relationships with great people here. Best Client base I've had in retail.
Pros
work load, flexable, great clients
Cons
Not great pay, under staffed, unrealistic goals based on product levels
Very clean and uncluttered...expensive
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenox square Atlanta gaAugust 17, 2017
The store didn't have the volume of customers it used to have and management had to cut hours.... mainly due to online shopping.
Morale was good, Christmas was good the company always gave us gifts... birthday celebrations.... very considerate about personal affairs.... very nice place to work!
Pros
Free lunch during inventory, black Friday etc
Cons
Restocking after Christmas
Not a great experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2017
LOW pay for the amount of experience required. Low pay compared to industry standards. The company prides itself on valuing and caring about you, but couldn't care less when it boils down. Every one in the company I've worked for, or know are all phony.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, long hours
exciting ,enjoy every minute of work,
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gretna, NEJune 8, 2017
i would recommend this job who has patience with customer.understand customers need .order right merchandise.create repeat customer,not have any advancement room.
Pros
company gives good discount for staff members
Lack of vision at highest levels of the organization.
Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 31, 2017
This business entity was family-owned and leadership was not steeped in critical activities to sustain the business. Programs were commenced and cancelled without engaging principals. A very unsettling place to work.
Outstanding work enviroment
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIMay 23, 2017
Excellent Leadership. Work place balance. Competitive pay scale. Healthy clean environment. Company customer oriented and delivers outstanding service.
Aurora Chicago Premium outlet
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 17, 2017
Id rather not fill this out. Clearly I am looking for another job. That should indicate I was not entirely happy working there. I will say it was more so because of the new store manager.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Breaks were either too short or too long
Relaxed Environment to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas North Premium OutletsApril 5, 2017
The location where I work have a good management team, they're not perfect but I can say that it's a really nice place to work with. Staff treat each other as friends and/or family, and everybody work as a team.
Pros
Managers are easy to get along with
Cons
Short breaks, not much opportunity for advancement
Retail is definitely changing and it is become if harder to compete with the E-commerce world.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  66th & BroadwayMarch 18, 2017
The company used to care about the employees but with new management styles and practices things don't feel and they're aren't the same. Employees in store seem last to them in everything including communication.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Bad management, awful union employees who are lazy and complacent.
Professional Company.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 3, 2017
Brooks Brothers' Clothiers is and always will be a classy organization. I loved my 11 years with the company, learning the art of classically tailored clothing and meeting life long friends. The corporate management is understanding of it's employees. They gave us valuable information to make our jobs easier. The best part of the job was the respect customers gave us. When they shopped at Brooks Brother's, they received expert and professional service.
Pros
Respect from management and customers.
Cons
very little advancement.
Old company with good values
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Good benefits, not great salary but retail is not able to sustain a person living alone anyway. A typical day would be assisting clients/customers with their clothing needs. Customer service is the key to this job. You must like helping others.
Pros
Benefits, good older valued company.
Cons
Pay scale, working weekends and holidays
Great Place
Inventory Accountant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 8, 2016
What a great place to work. They push you to learn more and perform at the upmost best you can. They concentrate on celebrating the employees accomplishments. Management is always looking to do better and accept all ideas, good or bad.
Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WADecember 9, 2015
I like this job, because i always smile at work and after work.
there is never i time i didn't enjoy the task at hand. Customers are always fun everything is fun.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Cons
Money
Good merchandise and lots of history one of the oldest retailer in the country.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 7, 2015
Brooks Brothers has changes in the past years the company is focus more on numbers and is looking for new younger clients and not filling the need of there classic customer. It is not clear what there mission is.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
poor pay
Great
Backroom Stocker / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 13, 2015
-Great experience all around
-Sales, suit fitting, engaging clients
-Management was exemplary except for one manager
-Competitive-to-unmotivated, it ran the whole spectrum as far as co-workers were concerned (due to most being retirees just working for extra income)
Very Average company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MaMay 12, 2014
Very dissappointed in the work atmosphere I encountered while at Brooks.....it seemed to me that this Company is more interested in Merchandise presentation (hiding tags..amount of items per stack)...Maybe I came on board at the wrong time but I was very unimpressed by the decision making..(or lack of).. of Upper Management. The clothes are ok.....the sizes are not very consistent though...I have been in Retail management for a very long time but I would not consider this a very good Company to work for Long-Term.
Pros
Decent sales on merchandise
Cons
More interested in presentation than actual selling....Very indecisive upper management.