Brooks Brothers

Brooks Brothers Employer Reviews

Great retail job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Allen, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: management is nice and understanding.
Cons: folding clothes gets repetitive.
Brooks Brothers is a great job for people that enjoy working with clothes, overall customers are nice and it doesn't take much to help them other than a little bit of product knowledge, the product they offer is great quality if taken care of appropriately.
Not based on merit
management (Former Employee), StoresJune 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: executive leadership
If you enjoy playing office politics and spending time focused on having the 'right' conversation with the 'right' person then this might be a good fit for you. If you want to focus on the job at hand, then you may not enjoy working here.
The best place I have ever worked. If it weren't for the odd hours (retail curse) I would never have left. Great atmosphere, co workers and history.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: co worker relationships.
Cons: late weekend hours, holiday hours, inadequate pay increases.
This is by far the best place I have ever had the pleasure of working. If not for the odd hours and open 7 days a week, I would never have left this place. History, Innovation, Celebration, Fairness, Service, and Relationships are their credo. . . They deliver on each facet of that motto.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Cypress, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work, what you learned, management, co workers, hardest part of the joh
Contest winner
Jersey Shore Premium Outlets, Store Manager (Current Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMay 23, 2014
I had the ability to win the March Madness credit card contest by motivating the store team.
Good Experience
Senior Merchandise Buyer (Current Employee), NYCMay 19, 2014
Good company to work for, nice work life balance and enjoyable people.
Productive and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: mall discount
Cons: short breaks, not a flexible place
Store has a really nice and clean ambiance and really teaches the sales associates the value of customer service. Working here you work all aspects of the sale from fitting to cash wrap and the maintenance of the store atmosphere.
Diverse and accommodating retail store setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYApril 21, 2014
Retail store sales in a multicultural environment. Produced knowledge and experience in sales.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Auburn, WAApril 7, 2014
Pros: great people, flexible hours, management cares about you and understands when you can't make it to work
Cons: (some) management is unprofessional
Fun place to work, a few management and organizational problems, but overall I enjoy working here.
Brand new location with potential
Professional Sales Associate (Current Employee), StanfordMarch 26, 2014
Pros: events, friendly staff
Cons: draw pay
A typical day at Brooks Brothers includes maintaining client information, replenishing the store's merchandise, meeting and assisting new customers, and giving an overall satisfactory client experience. I have learned that clienteling is the most important part of my job in order to be successful. If you do not constantly check in on your clients and – more... try to create new relationships you will fail. The hardest part of my job is when the foot traffic is incredibly slow. The most enjoyable part of my job are the interesting people I constantly come into contact with. – less
Great establishment!
Freelance Allocation/Planning Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Awesome place to work, friendly, helpful employees from entry level to upper executives.
Sales Manager /Keyholder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Brooks Brothers prides itself on its history and quality of clothing. I traveled to a lot of different locations while working for Brooks Brothers and notice difference in all stores.

If you are in the right store with a good manager it is a great place to work but if you are in a bad store with a bad manager it can make all the difference.
very busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYFebruary 27, 2014
very personable. help clients with suiting. Did all scheduling. Make new displays every week.
Typical retail job at a mall
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Doral, FlFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: short breaks, slow paced
Typical retail job at a mall, Slower paced than most other stores since the fashion was geared more towards a more adult crowd
Large scope for influence company-wide
o Company Advisor/Mentor for Accountability Clubs (Current Employee), Deer Park, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: relationships, healthcare
Cons: work/life balance, hours
Brooks Brothers is all about relationships with the internal and external customer. They allow each individual to make as much of an impact on the company as they desire. I co-lead the organization wide Accountability Clubs as a mentor and leader and work with the development of the Best Practices Database.
The hours and work life balance are no longer – more... in existence. That is the hardest part of the job. I love the people and all the exciting challenges. – less
Retail in high end shopping center
Sales and Stock (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Customer service
fitting and measurements
Everyone was cheerful and worked well with me
A company with a proud tradition and extensive history to match.
Keyholder (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAFebruary 7, 2014
They are the oldest retailer in the United States. This is the clothing company that sold the garments many of our founding fathers wore. Good benefits packages are an option even for those who are not working forty hours or more per week.
Excellent culture that deals with Men's and Women's business clothing.
Floor Supervisor/ Stockroom Lead (Current Employee), Lahaska, PAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent culture and health care.
Cons: little to no raises and product directives can be murky.
Brooks Brothers is a long lived company with a rich history. The culture is top notch taking time to help charities and aid employees internally.

However the company can be slow to promote internally and pay raises are very low.
friendly enviroment very professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: felt part of the team, learned alot on customer service
Cons: work hours weren't always available
It was a very upscale professional workplace where I learned a lot about creating a one on one customer relationship. Many of their customers are loyal to the brand and my co-workers as well. What I liked the most about this job was the people I worked with and the environment we created as a team.
Compassionate group
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, supportive staff
Great group of people to work with, great pay. Supportive work environment. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a family environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Brooks Brothers

Known for its classic -- some would say staid -- styling, Brooks Brothers has been getting men dressed for nearly two centuries. – Read more

Brooks Brothers Photos