Brooks Brothers Employee Reviews

needs some improvement
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2016
Management and higher ups are used to doing things are certain way and are unwilling to change with the times. There is a lack of organization that needs to be worked on within departments.
Great team environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT-STORE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Brooks Brothers I leaned business part of retail which is exciting. Seeing product from inception to the store.
Everyone needed to work well as a team in order to get goods on time.
Great environment and people to work as team
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 9, 2016
overall this is a great company and a great place to work, there are some things that need to be enhanced like every other job, but other then that management cares about their employees, and everyone is always willing to help each other
Pros
flexible when requesting time off in advance
Cons
cannot have unpaid sick day
great compay
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 26, 2016
great company , they pay fair. the atmosphere was awesome great group of people everyone enjoyed coming to work! unfortunately the company relocated to another state!
Office atmosphere, team work, co-workers
Production Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
Everyone needed to work well as a team in order to get goods on time.

Typical day: Answer emails, vendor questions, HK Team questions.

Management: Was OK.

Co-Workers - Great

Hardest part of my job- able to leave on-time. Over-worked

Most enjoyable part of my job - the people. Team envirement
Pros
1/2 day Fridays in August
Cons
Fairness
Rich History, and Quality Clothing
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2016
I learned dedication, timeliness and the importance of building relationships. Brooks Brother has aided in my grow, both professional and personal.
Turning Point for a 200 year old company
Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2016
Company has found ways to weed out associates who had been the backbone of the organization for years and kept generations coming through the door. Co-workers had their share of ups and downs including no more commission but try and work together for the most part.
Pros
Make friendships with colleagues and clients that last for years.
Cons
Upper management is quick to point out your weakness and not stregnths.
Great History and Products although Top Management has cut jobs, reduced commission and salary to make it hard to work with passion.
Senior Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 25, 2016
With the retail climate it is not the time to reduce pay, take away 90% of the salesforce commission. Generally a very difficult place to work and many people leaving. I have stepped up my sales where I sell more than double the sales associate under me. I was named Senior Sales Associate due to my hourly rate was increased by eight dollars and hour.
I work best when a company recognize and reward great employees and I am willing to give my best to do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
Working for and Iconic Brand Name
Cons
Low salary, very low commission and moral is very low.
Great environment
Experinced Suits Sales (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 14, 2016
As a Brooks Brothers employee, you get the chance to get into today's hot fashion in Men's suits. There's nothing like it! Then you'll get casually invited to conferences and different events
Pros
60% discounts
Cons
Shorts Breaks, No hours, etc
Hated work hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2016
I didnt really like this job the work hours were horrible you could change it but paid well didn't want you to leave. horrible management at my location
efficient friendly environment
associate global merchant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
great and friendly environment
work and life balance
efficiently improving every day with new systems and new ways of doing work
always growing knowledge
learning new tasks
Nice conservative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Worked seasonal (Christman). Busy. Learned all about selling Men's shirts and ties. Management was very nice, very efficient. Co-workers were nice after they got to know you. Being seasonal your pretty much on your own. Christmas spirit.
Great- all around company
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2016
Brooks Brothers is a diversity company that gives every associate or member an opportunity to develop.
You start above the minimum payment, and help to raise within your role, store and company.
Brooks Brothers is a great entry level job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2016
This company stands for quality clothes, great work environment and developing client relationships. Be prepared to engage in goal driven goals such as sales quotas and opening credit cards. Overall if you are interested in fashion and developing yourself, Brooks Brothers is the perfect place to do that.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
No commissions on sales
Great team environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 2, 2016
The day to day workings of Brooks Brothers is just like any other retailer. You help customers find what they are looking for; you process shipment; you help train any associates on areas that they might need a little help in; you work with the team to reach goal reach day. What I have learned from here and from other retail jobs I have had it is about the people/team. You need to find a good balance between a fun work place and a place where work comes first. Part of that is knowing your team and knowing how to motivate them properly, however you need to set standards and expectations that are equal across the board. For me the hardest part of that balance is making sure the fun happens and that it is not just all work.
In the end the no matter how hard the work is or how difficult the customers might be, the people you work with make the job. Our job really is people; how to motivate, personalize, sell too, or help out. That is what I have learned as a manager and I think it has made me a better leader.
Pros
People, different challenges everyday.
Cons
Micromanagement
Co-workers are friendly, and the work is easy. Compnay is preforming poorly overall
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 28, 2016
Like most warehouse work, the day is long and repetitive. The actual work isn't vert physically demanding though.
I was trained in various duties, such as using scanners and operating forklifts.
The management is very poor.
Section Leaders are lazy and irritable, and upper management is very out of touch.

Most co-workers are very friendly and helpful, but a large number speak little to no English.

The hardest part of the day is the unrewarding work and low pay, but the people you work with might just make the day more enjoyable.
Pros
Nice, friendly people. Easy work load.
Cons
Bad management. Bullied into working OT. Poor pay.
SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 26, 2016
The day usually begins with a meeting on Results, Execution, Performance, and Preparations (REPP). Over the years, I have learned how to provide excellent services to our diverse clients. Being reliable and efficient at all times. The management is very focused on building a "great place to work", putting smile on the face of all our clients, and meeting our targets. Co-workers are made up of people with diverse features but I enjoy working with them.
Pros
Opportunity for career advancement.
overall good work enviornment
shipping/receiving/stock (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 24, 2016
pretty repetitive work day to day. management and co workers were great to get along with. pay wasnt great but had steady work. not much room for advancment
Declined Rapidly
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
When I first was hired, BB was a great company to work for. Management changes and a poor retail environment resulted in no room for advancement, position wise as well as salary. Base salary is not based (at least for entry level) on skill/experience, but set at a specific value and isn't negotiable.

Some co-workers became my best friends, other co-workers disliked me greatly and made it harder for me to do my work. No comp time for hours worked over 40, which I did often. Rarely took a lunch break- it was assumed you ate lunch at your desk.

Employee discount was a huge perk.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
no overtime pay, low salary
Brooks Review
Sales Representaive (Current Employee) –  VAApril 19, 2016
Brooks Brothers is a company that allows to interact and serve customers in an excellent manner.I truly enjoy selling, however with recent management chance and shrink rate, there has been alot of changes and with co-workers leaving the job and taking medical leaves and absences there has been toll on the remaining employees. With the amount of work and scheduled timing the pay rate isn't worth the effort.

Overall, it is truly a great organization that hold amazing values, I love the clients and our products best.
Pros
Pays higher than other retail
Cons
takes a while to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooks Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.