Brooks Brothers Employee Reviews

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 31, 2017
Good company, with good values,and a great atmosphere to work in addition to great history. Needs to go back to basics, they have made so many different changes in so little time that the good things got lost.
Pros
good values. good benefits
Cons
to many changes
Fast-paced, challenging environment.
Sales Associate/Key-Holder (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 28, 2017
High energy needed. Ability to problem solve around the clock. Must be able to handle a diverse clientele. Working well with others is key in order to succeed well.
Fun Work Place
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 22, 2017
Very Family oriented!! great morals and values. Compensation was great for the work. Downside you worked on comission, so around christmas time, it was very intense with long hours
Pros
great breaks
Friendly place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work. Great work/life balance. Great quality product. In general not easy to be promoted, compensation is good compare to some stores
I love Brooks Brothers
Freelance Soft Goods Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
Enjoy every day that I can get booked with the Brooks Brothers Still Life crew... Fantastic place, fantastic people and excellent work ethic which requires one to constantly up their game. Never a dull moment with them
Pros
See review
Cons
don't get enough bookings there
Brooks Brother is the oldest retailer on America
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York CityJuly 10, 2017
Brooks Brother is the oldest retailer on America and has been around over 200 year. The companies history and heritage is amazing and truly part of the fabric of American History and has amazing Retail Longevity .
Iconic
Marketing/Sales Planner-Communication Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Great management and great learning and training here. Prepared me for all my steps along my career journey. They do not rest on their laurels here and work everyday as they probably did when the company started in the 1800's. Iconic to this day and that has to do with all the employees both corporate and store level, in which they hire.
Poorly managed workplace with low morale
Product Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 4, 2017
Brooks Brothers is a storied American company, but its Southwick manufacturing facility in Haverhill, MA does not fulfill the reputation of this reputable brand. Poor communication and lack of professional development/advancement top the list of least desirable qualities in this office. Workloads are constantly increased with no increase in compensation, no feeling of appreciation or value extended to employees, and very little employee perks. Such sentiments are so commonly thought by employees that the overall morale is extremely low, and only continues to decrease by the day.
Pros
60% employee discount - needed for astronomical merchandise prices.
Cons
restrictions on PTO use, poor benefits, inadequate compensation.
Busy Location
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 29, 2017
This was a busy location, there was always something to do. Customers were pleasant. The hardest part was trying to communicate with the customers because most came from oversees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not very much opportunity for advancement
A very diverse and fun place to work with the right managers.
Stock Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 27, 2017
The overall experienced at Brooks Brothers is very exciting because there is always different learning topics. In addition, the customer experience is exciting because we encounter with customers all around the world.
Retail is retail.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 25, 2017
Not enough praise for a job well done. Company puts too much focus on social purpose that they neglect making actual numbers. No room to grow within the company and there is no clear vision of whats to come. Absolutely no allocations dept so we always suffer from sizing issues. The companies response is to sell what you have in store. Seems like a good way to keep customers coming back...
Pros
Vacation time and employee discount.
Cons
Work life balance is none existent. Owner of the company has no idea what he's doing.
Great co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 24, 2017
It is a fun place to work with great associates. My only complaint is that I wasn't getting enough hours to sustain me. The customers are very interesting and providing them with their wardrobe was and continues to be rewarding. Working at Fashion Island is also is a big plus.
Good place to work but changing
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
all retail is changing and so is Brooks Brothers. As consumer shopping patterns are changing BB is adjusting to incorporate new technology to drive sales to the stores.
Salesman
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Farms, CTJune 13, 2017
The employees were great people, and the manager was easy to follow and get along with. It really taught me how to push myself since the job was commission and was based solely on my performance.
Excellent company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 13, 2017
Brooks Brothers is an amazing company to work for. They truly appreciate all their associates and hard work is always acknowledged. They promote from within so growing with the company is very attainable. BB is different from other retailers: they focus on customer service like no other. Management gives everyone the opportunity to grow, even in skills that translate to a personal level. A very genuine, rich in culture, humble company to work for.
very very productive
Folder (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJune 10, 2017
I wasn't there for a long time because it was a temporary job, so I had ended up getting layed off. The work was absolutely easy and quick to do. My supervisor at the time was nice.
good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 5, 2017
Overall a good company, Good atmostphere, good compesation. great balance between work and life. Good benefits. Is a constantly changing company trying to adapt to the economic challenges.
Excellent Corporate Culture
Product Development Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
People are some of the nicest most professional in the industry
Excellent benefits
Good systems
Competitive salaries
Career Growth
Good Leadership
Nice employee discount
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Must be italian to be considered for promotion
fun workplace
Folder (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 22, 2017
great environment , very easy to catch on to work, my supervisor taught me everything I needed to know and my co-workers was easy to work with. The breaks where not long enough but there's plenty of restaurant's close by.
Pros
nice break room inside, break section outside
Cons
small restrooms
Fun, and great place to work in the summers off of schooling
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 17, 2017
Great place that allowed me to cultivate relationships as well as developing skills in marketing, product promotion, sales, inventory and experience using many different product programs.