Brooks Brothers

Brooks Brothers Employer Reviews

Large scope for influence company-wide
o Company Advisor/Mentor for Accountability Clubs (Current Employee), Deer Park, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: relationships, healthcare
Cons: work/life balance, hours
Brooks Brothers is all about relationships with the internal and external customer. They allow each individual to make as much of an impact on the company as they desire. I co-lead the organization wide Accountability Clubs as a mentor and leader and work with the development of the Best Practices Database.
The hours and work life balance are no longer – more... in existence. That is the hardest part of the job. I love the people and all the exciting challenges. – less
Retail in high end shopping center
Sales and Stock (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Customer service
fitting and measurements
Everyone was cheerful and worked well with me
A company with a proud tradition and extensive history to match.
Keyholder (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAFebruary 7, 2014
They are the oldest retailer in the United States. This is the clothing company that sold the garments many of our founding fathers wore. Good benefits packages are an option even for those who are not working forty hours or more per week.
Excellent culture that deals with Men's and Women's business clothing.
Floor Supervisor/ Stockroom Lead (Current Employee), Lahaska, PAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent culture and health care.
Cons: little to no raises and product directives can be murky.
Brooks Brothers is a long lived company with a rich history. The culture is top notch taking time to help charities and aid employees internally.

However the company can be slow to promote internally and pay raises are very low.
friendly enviroment very professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: felt part of the team, learned alot on customer service
Cons: work hours weren't always available
It was a very upscale professional workplace where I learned a lot about creating a one on one customer relationship. Many of their customers are loyal to the brand and my co-workers as well. What I liked the most about this job was the people I worked with and the environment we created as a team.
Compassionate group
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, supportive staff
Great group of people to work with, great pay. Supportive work environment. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a family environment.
Misinformed
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake George, NYJanuary 17, 2014
I was told when hired that i would have a certain amount of hours. that did not happen.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: obtained a lot of customer service skills
Cons: woodbury commons
I mostly worked the floor in the suits department, but later the management team decided to make me a floater, so I basically did everything from stock to registers and all 5 departments. I really enjoyed working with the associates.
No Comment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, Ca 92173December 14, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours nor personal growth
I enjoy working for the company, and I enjoy my team. I sincerely don't have anything else to say.
Great place to work with amazing product and exceptional customer service
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: great employee discounts
The co-workers are a big part of making this place a great place to work and grow as an individual. Their values and services are hard to beat. The goal at the end of the day is to sell merchandise that we all stand behind and love ourselves. That is what Brooks Brothers is about great product at a reasonable price. The best part of the job was the – more... bonds you build with customers who enjoy Brooks Brothers product and customer service that we provide. – less
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
Cons: benefits
great benefits good co-workers flexible schedule
great benefits good co-workers flexible schedulegreat benefits good co-workers flexible schedulegreat benefits good co-workers flexible schedule
Run of the mill retail position
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Relaxed atmosphere with enjoyable co-workers. This was your average sales/customer service retail position: assisting customers was always #1. Make sure they have everything they need, make suggestions, offer pairings or "key" items, assist in check-out. Standard opening/closing duties that revolve around making the store presentable. The occasional – more... floor set. All average retail responsibilities, but with a more sophisticated, mature cliental. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYSeptember 2, 2013
Set up goals for the day. Maintain merchandising standards on sales floor to maximize sales. Train and coach all employees. Customer service all customers that come into store. Lead by example. Show employees how to have fun while working.
Great environment
Design Intern for Assistant Sweater Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2013
I loved working with the assistant designer, She encouraged and really took me under her wing, She was really helpful,
dealt with customers online only !!!
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edison, NJAugust 25, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: healthcare
I took in orders from all over the world and custom made the suits with warehouse workers. I would place the orders and made sure it was correct berfore shipping.
Dealt with credit card transactions and compliants from customers with thier unwanted needs.
Good environment and fun workplace.
floor sales, inventory, shipping, and cashier (Former Employee), Estero, FLAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work persisted of stocking shelves and selling merchandise. By doing this i learned how to interact with customers and help them meet their need of high quality clothing. The management of the store was well trained and made sure all guidelines were met. My co-workers were all easy to get along with as well helpful in certain situations. – more... The hardest part of the job was getting all the inventory together at the ending of every month. The most enjoyable part of my job i would have to say was being able to help customers and fit all of their needs and seeing them be happy with all of our products. – less
Stock Associate
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2013
Typical day is at work was just taking care of the stock room, making sure everything was in place. Helping the sales people find the merchandise.
Love BB
Store Manager (Former Employee), GAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: the executive teams and leaders care about people both client and employee.
I loved working for Brooks Brothers. I have never worked for an employer where it felt so much like family. I had a work family as well as my family at home. I would have stayed 8 1/2 more years but for Me it wasn't a good work life balance. That is certainly Not because the company doesn't promote that value but because retail and small children just – more... don't mix. I wanted to be with my small boy more. – less
Great company!
General Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2013
Excellent! The upper management (ie regional directors) actually know your name and care about what's going on in your life. And here's the thing--they actually believe that it's part of their job! I've never worked in a more supportive environment.
The quality of benefits is astounding and the discount is 50% off everything.
Compensation is highest – more... among other retailers with similar price points, in my experience. – less
Not going to be my career
Sales Assistant/Stock (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYJuly 25, 2013
Customers are very high maintenance but otherwise not a bad place to work for.

About Brooks Brothers

Known for its classic -- some would say staid -- styling, Brooks Brothers has been getting men dressed for nearly two centuries. – Read more

Brooks Brothers Photos