Brooks Equipment Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
In the middle
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 22, 2017
Company has great perks. Micromanaging is awful. No room for advancement unless you are a favorite of one of the managers. If you are ok with staying in the same place for the rest of your career the perks are worth it. you're not allowed to have fun while working. place is like a graveyard for sales agents.
Pros
benefits, low stress, work life balance
Cons
favoritism with advancement, micromanaging, poorly paid for sales agents when managers make big bank and so does the company.
Manager of total warehouse operations
Warehouse/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2017
It was a one man operation and I was in total control of all the daily operations and aspects of the warehouse. Worked closely with customers and purchasing to keep inventory control level.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No backing from management and sales
Management makes job difficult
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2015
My day starts at 8:00 am when I walk in I never know what I need to do. I don't have a set job task. thru out the day I perform several task such as on moment I'll be pulling orders then the next moment loading trucks.
Pros
cassual dress
Cons
heath care
Great company
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST CHIEF SUPPLY (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2014
A typical day at Brooks Equipment/ Chief supply we handled sales for Fire, Police and EMS equipment. As account manager we were all giving regions or states as our territory. I handles part of Ohio calling the different Fire stations, Police stations, EMS stations to speak with who handles purchasing. Use discovery questions to find out there need, build rapport, prepare bid and submit a offer. Management with this company were great. They taught how to write my own scripts and how to ask discovery question. The hardest part of this job was getting past the secretary and being able to speak with the buyer. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to great people that do great things. Hearing about stories of these heroic people.
Work life blanace
Credit Analyst /Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC May 29, 2013
I work for a company who feels everyone should have a work life balance. They are fair and caring.
Cons
healthcare