Brooks Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Poor
OBO (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Management plays favorites, coworkers very petty & not helpful. Was like being in high school. System very old. Pay isn't worth the workload. Not enough people to do all the work that is demanded from management. Would not recommend working here if you don't want to deal with drama.
Pros
A couple good people
Cons
Too many to write
Great Place
License Practical Nurse-SNU (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLDecember 28, 2017
In all Brooks was a good place to work. The teamwork was good and very flexible with scheduling. The patient to nurse ratio was not too hard to maintain.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Poor managment with lack of support from upper management
Employee (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLDecember 19, 2017
Toxic management, not a postive work environment and upper management is no support to the staff regarding this issue. The frienhships between the manager and upper management neutralizes the managers behaviors, this affects the overall aesthetic of the therapy staff. Upper management seems to have no interest in management personalities and skills for developing an effective rehab TEAM. The environment created tension and unneeded stress that negatively affected an employee’s performance and attitude towards this establishment
Cons
Managment
Focus on Quality
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2017
Great company with a focus on quality care, and ultimately focused on the quality of the patient experience. The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning has incredible opportunities for excellence and advancement in clinical care. From the upper management down to each PRN/part time worker, this company lives its mission, vision, and values.
Pros
advanced learning opportunities, focus on quality
Productive and fun
Observing/Assisting the Neurologic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2017
I was an observer/volunteer there so I DID NOT TECHNICALLY WORK THERE! I enjoyed the people and patients. Very rewarding to help other! I just chose to work in home health instead. Being an observation student helped me stay focused on the career I really wanted to do!
rehabilitation/medical surgical
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 13, 2017
Its potential is infinite, to see a stroke patient improve and to use their affected side of their body is amazing and to watch their cognitive/swallowing issues improve as well. As with all jobs some teams are better to work with than others and I think personal accountability needs to be more prevalent. And the education culd be changed for the better in many ways.
Pros
pay is very good
Cons
every job has its cons
Productive and enjoyable
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2017
In my opinion, normal workday would be slow or fast pace days. I learned that everything has a deadline. Management is friendly, workplace is friendly. The hardest part is working on different tasks at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday.
Pros
free lunch/ employee discount
Cons
food tastes alright
Not enough hours
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLOctober 2, 2017
Less than 20 hours a week barely get a check . You use your car and drive everywhere you have to and don't get enough compensation. Its a flexible job the only great thing about it
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
not enough hours, pay
Wonderful Organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2017
A fantastic place to work. Care of patients is incredible. Work environments are pleasant and employees enjoy their roles. Wish more administrative roles were available in Clay County.
Honest opinion of my experience
Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2017
Stressful work environment, very demanding patients and family members, poor management that are critical and judgemental focusing on "petty" issues that contribute to a stressful work environment
Pros
great shift differential
Cons
stressful environment, petty management
Student
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2017
Excellent learning environment for physical therapy students. Extremely knowledgable and helpful staff. Top of the line equipment for all patients, including heavily involved neurologic patients who have suffered from a stroke, SCI, or BI.
Productive,fun and very friendly
Biggby coffee (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 29, 2017
They're really great people to work with. Very supportive and family involved business. I enjoyed my time with them and I wish nothing but greatness to them and their business GO biggby family!!
Fast paced environment, great team to work with, and good company to work with throughout my undergraduate career.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2017
Fast paced environment, must be a quick and proficient multi-tasker, patient care comes first. Most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with the patients and seeing them improve from the beginning of their rehab stay to their goal upon patient discharge.
Staff works well together and it's more like a family environment.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2017
Low pay scale!!! Staff works very well together to accomplish patient goals. Very little room for advancement. No sick days, must use vacation time if you are sick.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Low pay scale for amount of work we are required to do
Fun, great learning experience.
Administrative Health Care Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2017
I did my internship with Brooks Rehabilitation Adaptive Sports and Recreational program. A typical work day consisted a lot of learning how to use the system TheraOffice and then helping with the events for that day. A few events we had were yoga, power soccer, wheelchair rugby and many more. The workplace culture was incredible. Everyone truly had a passion for what they were doing and the manager had her heart and soul in this program. The hardest part of the job was hearing the stories some of these people had lived but it was also the most enjoyable hearing these stories and seeing how far they have come and how much the program had changed their lives for the better.
Pros
Such an amazing learning experience
Fun work environment
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2017
Brooks Rehabilitation is a great company to work with relative to any type of therapy service. They are the best when it comes to continuous training and education for each therapy profession.
Productive and safety place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2017
Nice place to work, learn how to help each others with different cultures. A little stressful but pleasant. Love this place, but because and accident and my bad decisions about surgery I loose my job there...
Great for patients, but not workers
Therapist (Current Employee) –  OutpatientMarch 23, 2017
I agree with so many of the previous reviews. Therapists are great, but not treated so great by management. This place will use you up and then spit you out. They use the Brooks reputation to bring in patients. When I started I spent a good amount of my own money purchasing therapy tools. Otherwise how could I provide what I consider quality therapy to patients. I love my profession, but I did not feel valued by management. Also, pay is low compared to other work environments. If your caseload slows down they will make you take mandatory time off.
Pros
Fellow workers and patients
Worst home health agency, stay away.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  West RegionMarch 16, 2017
Exessive hours, below avg pay and mileage, no advancement potential, management will force you to work on call on weekends up to more than 3x per month. This is a numbers driven agency, quality of care is non-existent! There are staff that will stab you in the back. This is a place where nursing careers come to die - no joke! Clinical sups, don's, administrators are basically RN's that have little to no clinical skills or leadership skills and many of them have not performed any type of direct patient care in years. Please, if you value your nursing license, go elsewhere.
This is a personal review of BrooksAmericare Home Health agency only - not hospital.
Pros
Cons
No advancement within company, excessive productivity hours, demanding management, below avg pay rate, on-call at least 2-3x per month, Favoritism, numbers-driven company not Quality of care.
team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2017
teamwork friendly enjoyed working with a great team of people work available ,productive learning environment p patient work load never overwhelming always enough equipment to get the job done
Pros
free food avaiable
Cons
appropriate lunch time