Brooks Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Productive and safety place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2017
Nice place to work, learn how to help each others with different cultures. A little stressful but pleasant. Love this place, but because and accident and my bad decisions about surgery I loose my job there...
Worst home health agency, stay away.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  West RegionMarch 16, 2017
Exessive hours, below avg pay and mileage, no advancement potential, management will force you to work on call on weekends up to more than 3x per month. This is a numbers driven agency, quality of care is non-existent! There are staff that will stab you in the back. This is a place where nursing careers come to die - no joke! Clinical sups, don's, administrators are basically RN's that have little to no clinical skills or leadership skills and many of them have not performed any type of direct patient care in years. Please, if you value your nursing license, go elsewhere.
This is a personal review of BrooksAmericare Home Health agency only - not hospital.
Pros
Cons
No advancement within company, excessive productivity hours, demanding management, below avg pay rate, on-call at least 2-3x per month, FAVORITISM, numbers-driven company not Quality of care.
team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2017
teamwork friendly enjoyed working with a great team of people work available ,productive learning environment p patient work load never overwhelming always enough equipment to get the job done
Pros
free food avaiable
Cons
appropriate lunch time
Brooks Rehabilitation
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 1, 2017
Under compensation for job title and the lack of appreciation for it's hard working staff. Management is not at it's best with high turnover rate and benefits are in my opinion below standard.
Good place to work.
Medical Appeals Coordinator/Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
It was a good place to work. Management and employees were conscientious and dedicated to patient care. Company is well respected in community and is expanding.
Warm Accepting Culture
Employee Benefits and Wellness intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2017
A company that cares for its employees and patients. Employees strive to accept and include anyone who works with them. Management is extremely effective at supporting the companies values.
Mismanaged operations
Nurse liason admissios (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Terrible place to work. Lots of backstabbing and bullying going on here. Poor pay and benefits. Very stressful job with productivity demands, poor management. Be prepared to walk on eggshells with admissions medical director.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management and pay
Productive and informative place to volunteer.
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I've been volunteering at Brook's Rehab Hospital for few months to gain more experience in a hospital/ administrative setting. I've learned so much since volunteering here and enjoy the job culture.
Pros
free lunch, free access to gym, and gift cards.
Cons
no pay checks for volunteering but Brook's always gives incentives.
rewarding job
Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Good team to work with. Everyone has the same goal, to help patients improve their function and mobility. Management is unfair and forms opinions without getting details.
Pros
Good team work. Great people to work with.
Cons
Management does not care about the staff.
Good workplace with ineractions of the residents
Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2016
I enjoy working and doing my work tasks. With management transitioning I feel there is a hinder in management performance.
Working as a team is a big portion of working in this field.
Pros
bonding with resident, hours, benefits
Cons
Felt underappreciated.
unorganized and unprofessional
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2016
This facility is very unorganized and unprofessional. The Director of Nursing position changes a lot because of the high turn over. You have nurses who refuses to answer call lights that has cause patients to harm themselves. The social service worker, Maggie thinks that she's MRS. BROOKS and won't allow the CNA to provide safety for the patients. So because of that a patient went into her room by herself (and she was not to be alone in the room), she got out the chair and was later found on the floor with a broken leg. Another patient was found on the floor that resulted in a broken ankle. Patient is under hospice care and wasn't sent to the hospital. A patient was discharged for the facility and died for a medication overdose from what was given by the nurse. Its so much that has occurred within the walls of the facility. They need help!!!
Halifax- gone downhill
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 13, 2016
Brooks inside Halifax Hospital used to be a special place. Since great leadership left, it has gone downhill.
New Director has no clue and more good staff are getting ready to leave. Senior leadership in Jacksonville have no idea how bad
Bias unprofessional management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2016
This is the worst company to work for. Management are stupid and unprofessional. They have no care what's so ever for the employees. They play gossip games. It's a buddy system and a lot of favoritism that is shown thru out management. The guide for the Greenhouse is so young and unprofessional she walks around gossiping and telling lies on employees because no one respects her. The administrator is a complete idiot and lacks and work ethic or experience. There is no team work or privacy. If you talk to management they will tell everyone what was said in privacy. This is a horrible place to work and I feel so sorry for the residents and elders for the lack of care and compassion that is not shown to them by management.
Pros
Cons
Poor management leadership skills
Fun environment
Menu Host (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2016
The work environment is very fun. As a menu host, in the dietary department, my job was to take the patient's order on a tablet every day. Review their diets making sure they get the right food in regards to their health issue.
Poor Leadership
Utility (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 29, 2016
Leadership should lead by example. This is not the case at Brooks. Employee engagement needs to be more important.
I don't recommend seeking employment here.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Staff has only a faint voice and is ignored more often than not when they wan't to discuss an issue.
Great company
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2016
Thoroughly enjoy working at Brooks, great staff and accommodating with school schedule. Learned a lot in this environment. Would recommend to anyone!
Great Company
Rehab Technician/Front desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLSeptember 7, 2016
I would reccomend that anyone interested in working for Brooks continue to persue employment with them because they have:
Great coworkers
Great CEO
Great benefits
Great bonuses
Great ethics
Great EVERYTHING!!
Nursing Standpoint-INPATIENT HOSP
RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2016
I thought I would love Brooks but shortly after getting off orientation...that atmosphere changed, people attitudes changed, management changed, the teamwork was hard to find, the compassion isn't in the building for employees whom are the ones making sure things run smoothly. Management team doesn't even show respect, acknowledge, or speak to their employees; when you speak to them it's almost as if you said something wrong. There is no leadership when you have employees working there for many years..those are your managers, they don't follow the rules that they preach. Brooks overall on the floor that I've worked on paint a pretty picture but there's not action. They aren't prepared or ready for change and in nursing you must be ready for changes daily in the healthcare field.

Best Regards from Nurse
Cons
STAFF, MANAGEMENT
Very Fast paced and requires attention to detail
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2016
Brooks Rehab is my very first job and I really appreciate the opportunity they gave me to gain experience for my future. My typical day at work involves me dealing with patients. Scheduling, taking payments, and insurance are a few of my main responsibilities.
Horrible Company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2016
Run and run fast. Poor management. Horrible HR dept. Only support management. Stay away from this place. If I knew what I know now when I interviewed I would've stayed away from here.
Pros
Cons
Way too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooks Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9