Brooks Rehabilitation

Brooks Rehabilitation Employer Reviews

Horrible Place
CNA (Former Employee), JacksonvilleJuly 15, 2014
Pros: nothing!
Cons: everything
This place is ridiculous. No organization, no team work or help. I didn't make it out of orientation with out quitting this place. Oh and they could careless about the employees. Now I know why they are always hiring.
Great company
INTERNSHIP FALL 2013 (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 14, 2014
I like the company's success. I'm grateful for the chance to work there.
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2014
Prepare all Diets before preparing meals for patients go around interacting with patients checking diets before meals are served these are 10 hour shifts so Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner and 10 oclock snack The HARDEST part is Growing relationship with your Patients And the Best part is SEE MY PATIENTS SMILE!!
Great company
Intern, Human Resource (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2014
Great company to work for. Everyone here is nice and helpful.
Brooks Rehabiliation
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2014
The typical day at work with brooks for me would be to check up on my guest to make sure their morning went accordingly.
Working at brooks i have realized how important my job duties truly are working together with the therapist. The management at Brooks, i can say with no doubt are very professional with their task at hand. Working in the medical field it is vital to work as one with your co-workers, and i heavenly believe in that statement. The hardest part of the job i would say is giving that final hug good-bye to the guest, which you have help for the weeks you were together. The most enjoyable part of my job... witnessing my guest smile.
nothing about this place is fun do not apply here
cna former employee (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlJanuary 18, 2014
There is no teamwork the nurses stand around watching call lights and will not help you this place and its patients made me hate being a cna they dont look out for the cnas i worked here less than 90 days a quit wasn't worth it anymore IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GO TO SCHOOL DO NOT APPLY HERE FULL-TIME THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU AT ALL HATED HATED HATED THIS PLACE WORSE COMPANY IVE EVER WORKED FOR Run like hell and never look back
Bartram Crossing Campus Only
CNA (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime, great nurses (always willing to help)
Cons: very unorganized, improperly staffed, pay for cnas is horrible
I worked here less then 90 before I put my 2 weeks notice in. This place is very unorganized. They can not keep it staffed properly, putting a strain on the other employees. A lot of overtime is dished out though, good for the staff but not the company. The pay for CNAs is horrible $10.50 for Day shift. I had 2 years experience when I applied and I started with $11 @ my primary job with no experience.
Healthcare
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Jacksonville floridaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: self rewarding
Cons: getting attached
PRN work great benefits lots of chances for Advancement. working with different people every day
Great place for RN
Rn (Current Employee), Jacksonville, flSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: nice clean facility, computerized charting
Cons: lifting the patients- hard on the back
I was an RN at brooks for several years, i thought it was great pay & benefits. You have to be nice and proactive in order to get your raises. Patient load a little tough, but patient care is top notch here compared to other local acute rehab facilities. Management is constantly brainstorming/ changing the way things are run in order to find the best way to do things. I am very proud to be a part of this growing facility.
not appreciated/no coordination
RN CM (Former Employee), home healthJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: unappreciated/low end of salary range
If you enjoy time with your family don't work in the home health department. Lack of direction/management issues are abundant. They keep piling on the work with no compensation for it. Their favorite phrase "we are working on It".
it wears on you
PT (Current Employee), JacksonvilleMay 18, 2013
Pros: fairly good benefits, great therapists
Cons: salary, management
I agree with the previous post. There are definite management issues, and staff is underpaid compared to industry standards. The employees are getting unhappier by the day. The management talks a big game and Brooks has a reputation of being a great company, so you tolerate the substandard wages for a little while, then it just isn't worth it anymore.
Mismanaged hospital operations
Medical Recoords (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: salary not competitive
High turnover because of management issues and cronyism. Challenges include keeping good people because they are not valued.
Very Fast Pace
Dietician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2013
Being a dietician , you always have to be on top of your game . Everything is fast pace and you cant afford a mistake .
Nice place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2013
Nice place to work as a CNA. Learned a lot about spinal cord injuries.
Horrible
Non Salaried (Former Employee), Jackonville FLMarch 3, 2013
Pros: not working there
Cons: working there
If you are honest and hardworking you will not get ahead unless you know somebody. It's all a game to them and they are unethical and dishonest but they try to hide it well. The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting it after too many years in an extremely hostile environment.
Great Work Environment
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: experience
Good Management Great co-workers. Great place to learn out of college.
Enjoyable Worplace(Registration)
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, friendly/safe workplace
Cons: extremely horrible management
Totally enjoyed my position as a front desk coordinator @ Brooks Rehabilitation. Nice atmosphere to work, amazing security staff, therapists, & therapy aides. Great benefits & compensation as well. But the management is crazy terrible. There are people whom hold the positions as supervisors & center managers who shouldn't even been considered as management options. Supervisors doesn't perform their job duties at all. Keep up too much drama & lies to be in leadership position... Would not assist the staff when help was needed during registration with escalated issues. Intended to sabatoge funds to have individuals fired... just horrible management...
Great Nurses, Doctors, Therapists, and Patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2013
Highly enjoyable place to work
Caring nurses, doctors, and therapists
See the patients, esp the children, get better and go home was wonderful