Brookshire's Grocery Company Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Current Employee) –  Palestine, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Brookshire's was my first job at 17 and I have spent 4 years with the company. I love the atmosphere here customers are very pleasant and easy to handle and management all though they have been switched around in the past year they are very nice to work for and always willing to help.
Pros
Yearly raises, Christmas bonus, very flexible with scheduling
very fast-paced and productive place to work at.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 6, 2016
Consist on training or experienced on a electric pallet jack either or forklift operator. Usually the order selectors around the warehouse stack cases on pallets and sending them to their right dock area. I gave it a 2 rating because you have to keep a 93 or above to stay at the job due to your work performance their. Overall if you want something to keep you active and going, this job could be recommended.
Decent small town job with excellent management
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXSeptember 6, 2016
The job required me to be around people, helping them and talking with them. I enjoyed being around those that needed me and knowing I was needed there. It mostly hired high school for up front, but they were good kids.
Bad attitude customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 30, 2016
Just because their having a bad day you can always greet with a warm smile. Hardest thing about that is you can't make a person speak you can only keep it pushing even if they don't.
Just a rough time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  White Oak, TXAugust 22, 2016
Management had too much going on. Too many managers and not enough respect for their employees or their lives outside of work, seeing as how most of us, at the time, were high school students. Paychecks weren't secured enough and on a few occasions someone's check got stolen by someone who didn't like them or had nothing better to do. We were allowed a half hour break and most of the time we would have to clock back in early so someone else could go on their break, instead of them waiting.
Highschool mill. Almost no upward mobility with poor business ideas.
Retail Associate, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TXAugust 21, 2016
This company follows the ridiculous idea that has been going around many companies, that it's best to reduce costs to maximize profit by paying their employees as little as possible, and not give any kind of raise more than a few cents despite hard work. 4 years service with perfect productivity and attendance would only net a single dollar's raise. Needless to say, morale is often low. They also illegally inform employees that they could be fired for joining a union.
Pros
Few.
Cons
Short breaks, benefits that cost the employee, little recognition, nepatism
Local grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 16, 2016
I loved my job at this place of business. They have a great staff of workers. Management is very understanding and flexible with scheduling. They make everyone feel welcomed.
productive and fun environment to work
assistant deli manager (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXAugust 15, 2016
This is a very good company to work for. They offer educational programs for you to attend and grow within the company. They offer great benefits and 401k and shares within the company.
Pros
great benefit and good pay
Brookshire's
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXAugust 14, 2016
During my employment at Brookshires I worked with other Deli workers in frying the Chicken for lunch and dinner sales. Making other side dishes and cutting meats and cheeses. I enjoyed helping customers with their food needs.
Customer work
Market/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Benton, LAAugust 12, 2016
Prep the food to sell, stock the freezer, clean the back, and cut meats. as a courtesy clerk bagging, taking the customers grocery out to the car, and cleaning up the front.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Great job benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexible schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 9, 2016
co worker friendly, time management is great, love the customers, organized shopping center, busy work day majority of the time, flexible scheduling, great for advancement opportunities, offer business management degree through brookshires university in tyler texas.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not so many locations to choose from in shreveport
cool work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 9, 2016
I have had and still have a great experience with my job , great people great atmosphere and very great company hours are just iffy but other than that its a very great company .
Great for Teens
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Daingerfield, TXAugust 8, 2016
I have worked at Brookshire's for 8 years. It's great for teens who are in school. Not for people who are out of school that are looking for a career.
Pros
Get to make friends
Cons
impossible to move up. Low wages.
Fun
Cashier / courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Van, TXAugust 8, 2016
A great workplace, people are friendly, get a 15 min break, shifts go by fast. Real easy working the register. The codes are easy, just make sure you are up to date on your LEARNS.
Pros
15 min break
good people
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Brookshires the management are easy to work for and the people are very friendly. I learned a lot about the grocery business and about the bakery and cake decorating it helped me a lot.
Pros
learned a lot about cake decorating
Cons
no healthcare
Assistant Perishable Manager (Current Employee) –  Quitman, TXAugust 1, 2016
Assist the manager in stocking and maintaining conditions of shelves. Maintain freshness of stock. Maintain conditions of storage areas. Assist in any other tasks assigned during shift.
Great Job And Benefits But Hazardous Work Condition
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 27, 2016
The job itself is great. However the work conditions are hazardous when it rains the roof leaks onto the floor and when its cold outside it freezes inside.
Stiff and demanding
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Wills Point, TXJuly 26, 2016
The job is like any other job, it has it's ups and downs but the company itself is extremely proper and high end. The hardest part is keeping up with checking and bagging at an extreme speed. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the customers as you check them out and they come back.
Nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, LAJuly 22, 2016
It was ran by very creative and fun people that cared about their workers. I absolutely loved it. It was a great experience and a very great place to work and if I had to do so again I would.
Pros
Great work place
As long as you did your job you were great.
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Daingerfield, TXJuly 16, 2016
a typical day at work was working no stop there was always something to do. i learned how to take a fryer apart and clean it and well as put it back together. i learned how to make a planner for the day and open the deli by myself as well as what we needed to do on truck days. how to tell what needed to be ordered and how much. on the days adds change i was taught how to change everything to the new adds. i was able to learn how to run the deli by myself and well as i was taught how to close the deli and get things set for the next day. that included breaking the deli down and cleaning everything and scanning out the out of date and expired foods that were hot and been in the case. i also prepped what needed to be prepared for the next day. the management was amazing if you wanted to learn then you were taught. the co workers were also great they helped and there was no one job that for anyone we all worked together to achieve the task set that day. the hardest part is the standing on your feet all day and the physical labor. the most enjoyable part was the fact that no one was treated different unless you didnt do your job
Pros
there was alot to learn and could take you far if you could do what was asked
Cons
only had a lunch, there were time you could take a break, but most of the times it would be so busy that you could work straight through it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookshire's Grocery Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Brookshire's Grocery Company Reviews by Location