Brookshire's Grocery Company Employee Reviews

Brookshire's Pharmacy
Supervised Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXOctober 19, 2017
Heavy workload. Technical staff not passionate about work. A lot of controlled substance dispensing.A long day of busy phone calls for refill authorizations etc.
Pros
A Fair Job
brookshires was amazing
cashier/floral manager/bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Brookshires because they are family oriented. Family is everything to me. They helped me grow. Co workers were like family. Everyone helped when needed.
Low pay, Short on labor but Good people, Easy work
Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 19, 2017
Brookshire's is a great place for someone who wants to work temporarily/short term (months to 2-4 years) because of their age (high school/college) or just as a job to help them to move up in corporate America. There are always positions available to move into as it is retail and people are always coming and going for some reason. The summary above says it all. Retail is retail. Your expectations should never be too high when going into any form of it. Retail is fun though and everyone should work some form of it at least once to appreciate those in customer service!
Pros
Flexible schedule, Promotions within all the time, Friendly enviroment
Cons
Low pay, Not enough employees during shifts to complete work without added stress
Brookshire's
Office Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 18, 2017
Brookshire's was a good work environment for me while in high school and college. Management is willing to work with school/activity schedules. Overall, I enjoyed my time at this company.
Terrible Work Atmosphere
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 17, 2017
The overall job was simple. Management would preach about 6 different values for us to follow; the team matters, jump over the counter service, results driven with a future purpose, do the right thing, etc., but management was a very poor example of these values and made it seem as if you were a nuisance if you asked them a question. Management made performance so important that when someone had an order fall, no body would stop to help re-stack it because they all wanted to keep their performance up.
good place
Deli Atendent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXOctober 13, 2017
Brookshires is a very good place to work. The people are nice and willing to work with you if you need. It is always busy so you never get bored. And its just a great place.
Pros
good hrs
Cons
long hrs
Fun and fast paced company to work for.
Zone Store Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AROctober 12, 2017
Excellent company with an awesome vision going into 2018. The changes that are happening are making BGC one of the beat places to work. They are beginning to appeal to a younger demographic which is a great idea. I love my position and this company!
Pros
Flexible work schedule, meeting new people, growth, the 401k is amazing, health, life and dental are great!
Cons
The time it takes to advance up the ladder.
na
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXOctober 12, 2017
Handled all store issues with inventory. Managed a workforce that didn't care about their jobs or would put any effort into it. Mostly managed high school kids.
Need to pay more
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 10, 2017
The company better for young people for a first job. Are older person that need little extra money. But I meet alot nice customers there.Working there was very stressful if need make money to pay bills. They had to many pix and choose there. If they didn't like you they will not promo you.
Pros
Meet alot nice people
Cons
They have there pic and choose who get promoted
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, AROctober 4, 2017
Brookshire's is a great place if you are looking for a job while you are attending high school and or college to work part time. it is a great environment and friendly people to work with.
Cashier/ Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 4, 2017
Up beat place to work
great co workers
no overtime
can have hours cut
clean environment
managers are business like
very professional
easy to get alone with everyone there
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
time limitations
fun and great place towork
countresy clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXOctober 4, 2017
Brookshire's was a great place to work, managers were fun and very helpful. Brookshire's was like a place for everyone to work when I was in school. I learned how to bag groceries properly although it was so complicated but still nice thing to learn. I would have to at the hardest thing to do as a bagger is actually nothing was hard about it.
Overall it's a good place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 3, 2017
It is a good place to work at overall. It can get a little stressful at times but that comes with any job. I would recommend this company. They have 401 and ins that is appreciative.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Can get a little stressful sometimes.
Okay place to work
Cook cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Employees are overworked not paid enough employees at tooken advantage of discriminated against so minutes minute rude and I only use you to their advantage
A good start in the pharmacy technician field.
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Benton, LASeptember 27, 2017
Mostly fast-pace, can be stressful at times, may have to work late nights and on weekends or holidays. Being able to work well with others is a must. Also, being able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure!
Very Productive Place to work and Very great Customer Service
courtesy clerk (Current Employee) –  Hallsville, TXSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work would be just like spending a normal day at home. Quite laid back and chilied. What I learned was how to work on my people skills
Pros
5% discount
Cons
Very Short Breaks
Your local hometown grocer.
Head Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Brookshires Brothers grocery stores dont compare to other grocery stores, their run like neighborhood stores. They dont compete with greater stores.Their family run and lack competitiveness.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
Not much chance for advancement.
Changing Culture
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Changed over the last 10 years. Not the family environment it used to be.
Not the same customer service focused company it was when I started.
Still a few good people left.
Excellent place to work
Assistant Deli/Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARSeptember 24, 2017
Great people, friendly family environment, advancement opportunities, great manager. I worked for about 4 months before becoming a manager. I loved this job. Hated to leave.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
Pharmacy was a great place to work
Pharmacy Tech in training (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Great experience learning about how medications are handled and how to see how to check people in an out. I love the customers attitudes towards the employees and I looked forward to seeing how I made there day
Pros
Staff helps new employees and they look after each other
Cons
Short breaks, management was very unappreciated