Brookshire Brothers Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place, but often times stressful and unfair situations.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, TXNovember 5, 2017
Managers do not take into account the constant harassment that occurred between employees and even when made aware, the people in higher positions got off with a warning while the rest were reprimanded.
Pros
Lunches, breaks, fair pay, fun environment
Cons
Managers, department imbalance
Hometown feel
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Groveton, TXNovember 4, 2017
I love brookshire brothers small hometown feel. They treat you like family. I only left to try and pursue a different career field. I loved working for brookshire brothers.
Favorite
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXOctober 22, 2017
An average day includes multitasking. You go from cooking to slicing, serving, and cleaning to make sure your workstation is cleaned at all time. Work as a team, it will get you in the long run. Management was good. The fun thing is working in the deli is that you get to meet a lot of people. Near & Far.
Wonderful Enviorment
Stocker/Receiver/Dairy/Meat Market (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXOctober 18, 2017
This is a fine example of good management and a employee friendly enviorment. Brookshire Brothers is by far the best place of business I have ever worked at.
Pros
Wonderful employee friendly enviorment
Easy first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 14, 2017
I did not enjoy my time at Brookshire Brothers, at the time I was a freshman at a four year university, and was very involved in school because of my major. Scheduling, was their biggest weakness.
great management no benefits
Cashier/Sacker (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, TXOctober 11, 2017
very flexible schedule great staff and environment, can range from fast to slow pace balanced shifts, but zero benefits and low salary................
Okay job. Good for first time job
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, TXOctober 6, 2017
Great job , had blast being in the deli, moved me to Cashier once I became pregnant and I enjoyed that even more because I love the enter action with customers
Pros
Flexiable scheudle
Cons
No discounts or anything
fun first time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXOctober 3, 2017
Great first time job for any one willing to learn all the benefits of gaining a job. Learning to stay commited, learning how to handle tabc and customer representative.
Pros
you can switch shifts with someone
Cons
if there is no one to take you shift, you gotta work it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maypearl, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Overall this was a good job for me. Bookstore Brothers for me was a convenient job and it was super close to my house. The hours were flexible and the people I worked with were nice.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks
Very Great Place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kountze, TXSeptember 27, 2017
i really loved working here. This is a very organized place.
Every day would start by going to your specific register and check people with groceries out.
Cons
On your feet all DAY LONG
Good work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LASeptember 24, 2017
Brookshire Brothers is a good place to work for you have your slow moments & there's days where your constantly busy.Just need better communication and less rudeness.Store manager he tries his best to take care of his employees & his customers.Anybody thats still in high school Brookeshires will be a great place for you to work at.
Had a lot of fun here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I worked here for 2 years, and in that time I met some amazing people. I had my fair share of bad days at work, but it was mostly good. The management team here is great you will frequently see managers at any level on the floor stocking merchandise or running a register. I have a lot of respect for this team. They would bend over backward to help you if there was an unexpected crisis. Pay was on the low end when I was there, but not bad for what it is.
Pros
friendly environment, good management, great teamwork
Cons
lower pay
great job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coldspring, TXSeptember 4, 2017
i work in produce clerk and diary clerk seen 2005 to 2008 i learned smart then i thinking and i learn how to inventory machine and learn how use computer office manager office and hardest part job sometimes is customer but real mean i am great at my job and most great part about my job is work do for these company
Pros
i love that job
Cons
the hours
Not available at this time
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapeland, TXAugust 23, 2017
I would rather not say its a long story!!!! I have nothing good to say about this store or its managers in my opinion they should not be managers at all.. That is not a good place to work at.
Pros
N/a
Productive, positive work enviroment
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, TXAugust 22, 2017
Managers work with you on scheduling, local employment so you know everyone, great work enviroment, positive attitudes, many people working towards the same goal
It was a good place
Deli Cook (Former Employee) –  Navasota, TXAugust 20, 2017
It was a good place to work. I do not really have any complaint's except for the deli manager. She was not the nicest person. She would talk mean about you behind your back.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, TXAugust 19, 2017
It was a good opportunity to work for Brookshire Brothers but the hours were just hard on family life working 12 noon until 11 p.m. 5 nights a week with very little help.
good in between job
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, TXAugust 18, 2017
wouldn't recommend it as a permanent job but it's a solid in between job you won't get paid the best but it's a minimum wage job what do you expect. Manager was really good and understanding.
Pros
ok co workers
Cons
pay hrs
terrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXAugust 15, 2017
the managers are a joke. they either dont know what they are doing or they give you attitude like you are asking them to move the world when all your asking is for them to do their job. i worked at the new caney store and the office manager is the WORST. the store manager doesnt know how to do his job. there are people that have been loyal to that place for 10 plus years that are making minimum wage with no benefits. they are HORRIBLE people to work for.
Pros
Cons
if you are looking for minimal hours with no room for advancement this is the place for you
Very friendly atmosphere, always learning something new
D.S.D and Non-Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXAugust 15, 2017
Opened the store daily (5am) for employees to start their daily preparation before store opened for business. Received vendors with merchandise, warehouse trucks and deliveries. Inventoried in/out merchandise. Inventoried daily losses and kept invoice and daily/weekly books. Responsible for ordering non-food merchandise and reclaims for the entire store. Assisted in office as needed. went to other stores occasionally to train department heads in Alcohol sales and operations
Pros
Fast paced and always busy, friendly management, off on weekends
Cons
No overtime, could only take vacation days a couple at a time due to no one cross trained for my postion