Brookshire Brothers Employee Reviews

Negative Work Environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellville, TXDecember 28, 2016
The "management" was childish and would purposely take away hours if she didn't like you. She picked favorites. I learned to be a cashier and other things in a grocery store. I learned to speak up. Most of the other employees were nice, but some would make your day miserable on purpose. The store director wouldn't do my review so I could get a raise after being there over a year. He kept putting it off and then finally I quit. The hardest part of the job is trying to do your job when it's busy and other employees won't do their job. I did like having fun with some of the customers and employees like joking around and such.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Childish atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXDecember 18, 2016
Brookshire brothers was always a place I wanted to work at. So working there from the start was a lot of fun. I loved the customer service. People were so nice and my co workers were very easy to work with and made the workplace a lot of fun. My manager taught me so much. That was where I learned to work most with money. It was pretty easy and a pretty easy job overall.
Pros
Easy workdays
Cons
Not a great place to work for
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, TXJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work is usually busy and it makes time go fast.

I learned multiple areas of the store

Management needs to step up more and be leaders

I love the people I work with

Hardest part is dealing with unruly customers

Best part of the job is making people smile when they leave
Pros
co-workers make it a great atmosphere to work in
Cons
No promotional opportunities
Very homey.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kountze, TXJanuary 16, 2017
My time at Brookshire was actually pretty swell. The people were nice, I loved my assistant managers. The store manager is a nice person, but as a manager he had problems when stressed (especially with employees). Besides that, I monuvered around the store easily, all you have to do is ask and when a position is open the have no problem moving you to a different department.
Perfect Part Time Job
Non-Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Tatum, TXDecember 12, 2016
I began working at Brookshire Brothers in Tatum, Tx the day that I applied for college. My boss has worked with me for the last four years, helping me to reach my goals, keeping stress to a minimum. I enjoy customer service and have worked in retail for 10+ years. The team at B&B is great. The hardest part of the job is getting up in the morning. I honestly have no complaints.
Poor, Poor management!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 3, 2016
If I could put 0 stars, I absolutely would. Working for this place was a complete nightmare. Answers from managers would always be, "i don't know". The co-workers were always out to get one another. Your coverage (the person coming in after you) was almost always late. Nothing was enjoyable about that job. Your managers mock you and talk about their employees to every employee there. If youre looking for a job that only pays 7.25, doesn't hire full time employees, and offers zero benefits, then this is the job for you.
N/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXDecember 20, 2016
A typical day at work is fun, everyone is always polite. The customers love the employees there at Brookshier brothers everyone is treated like family. The management is wonderful every manager there is helpful in everyway possible not only are the employees a main priority but the customers are also.
It was ok.... i think it would have been better if there had been a better crew
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Trinity, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Night stocker. I simply unloaded the big trucks qhen they came in and stocked the shelves in the grocery store. Sometimes I helped sack
Pros
See everybody and its in the air conditioner
Cons
Alot of times we didnt get out of there until the sun come up
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grandview, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Checking out customers. Processing debit, credit, checks, coupons, and cash purchases. Stocking the shelves with inventory. I learned great customer service skills. They were all friendly and great to work for. I loved my co-workers at work and in life. Customer conflicts because usually knew the customer personally. Getting to be in an environment with people I have known for a while and very friendly customers.
Pros
Everything except pay
Cons
Pay
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I was assigned task in my department, and was left alone to complete except for special assignments. Good understanding management and wonderful co-workers. Hardest part of job was trying to remember where items were located in the store.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Low pay.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXNovember 30, 2016
a typical day at brookshire brothers consisted of me checking out customers and bagging their items. the management was awesome and i was treated like family from the time i walk into the store. My co-workers were some of my classmates so that made the job a lot easier and made the time go by fast.
Great customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lorena, TXNovember 15, 2016
I would clock in and count my till for the day. Manger would take 2 employees to tobacco barn. We fill up all beer tubs with ice and set up register. Stock beer, cigarette, misc. items. Wait for customers to come in. Enjoyed the customers the best. Management not the best.
Pros
Cons
no lunch or breaks
Not very good company to work for.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 5, 2016
Doesn't really listen to the complaints of employee's on certain matters that should be heard. Most of the employee's are friendly and outgoing, but the concerns presented to managers do not really get taken to heart and have any consequences like they should.
Not a career
Bakery Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, TXSeptember 22, 2016
This company was okay to work for but not to stay at as a career. There is not a very good chance you will be able to advance to the next level and they have very high turn around because of the poor management.
Pros
I learned many different jobs at this company.
Cons
So much turn around, employees don't want to stay because of the management.
A typical day
Cashier/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Worked hard and enjoyed my coworkers, wanted to work more but they worked high school kids over adults to keep pay down . The management would tell u one thing and do another .
Pros
Free to work on your own
Cons
To many lazy people
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newton, TXOctober 13, 2016
Enjoyed working there, the people are very kind and generous. Very helpful and the food is great. The employees and customers are helpful and if the lines are long they open more so the customers wouldn't get angry or aggravated. Overall it's a great place to work
Works with any schedule. Some customers are terrible people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buna, TXAugust 4, 2016
An excellent temporary position anywhere in the store. But no long term support with no real career at this store. All positions in management are overworked and under payed. The job as a cashier is adequately payed for the work done. The worst part of this job is the frequent change in employees. Which means you wont have time to get used to working with people before they leave. So the workers with a good work ethic will get hired by other companies while the ones with a poor work ethic will be working with you for the duration of your time here leaving almost ALL of the work to be done to YOU. also most of the technology is outdated, buggy, and just terrible to use. it feels like the owners are not investing money into their own store
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
People with a poor work ethic, and terrible technology
Decent workplace
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 3, 2016
The pay wasn't good enough and I didn't not get enough hours maybe one day a week. The manager were very nice but they would always get me to work on the days I can't work
Pros
5 hours workdays
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay
Friendly empoyees needs better pay.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 27, 2016
Needs work on customer service. Door greeters. Needs more checkers when store is busy. Needs a way customers can request products they want to buy that is not carried by the store.
Tough Place to Work!
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 24, 2017
No hours, Back stabbing, Lying, The worst is the Double standards, they have signs all over for no cell phone use yet many do constantly even managers.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
No benefits, no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookshire Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7