Brookshire Brothers Employee Reviews in United States

people was ok to work for at times
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Godley, TXJuly 8, 2016
the work was not hard I enjoyed it.
management was nice no problems there really.
co-worker some didn't want to help if you needed help.
Pros
clean place to work cool in summer and warm in winter
Cons
they took a month to pay me and still didnt pay me all of it
Not given full time or not being payed
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Timpson, TXJune 26, 2016
I've been working at B&B for a month and not received one penny they keep saying my pay card will been in tomorrow or next week and that was 3 or 4 weeks ago and they make me do more then stock I do all jobs excluding the managers jobs so and people are not so friendly so not a good place to work
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Not wanting to pay management is everywhere
the whole enchilada
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lorena, TXJune 24, 2016
Brookshire Brothers offered a well rounded employment of how grocery stores operate. From shipping and receiving to inventory control and customer service in every department within the store.
Stocker
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXJune 21, 2016
I loved this job also, I was really close to my house so that made getting to work easier. It was a peaceful job, and my fellow employees were great.
Brookshire Brothers is a Great Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grandview, TXJune 15, 2016
i always enjoyed going to work. I made bonuses' with achieving my gross and sales expectations. I have great bosses and the upper management will actually talk with you.
The company will move you up if you prove yourself to them. My pay was great but most start at a lower than average rate.
Brookshire Brothers employs high school students and support the community they are in.

Very good company
Pros
advancement, flexible, enjoyable teams, co workers are great
Cons
not enough training with a set agenda of advancement after learning, needs best practices and management training.
Fast work environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXJune 15, 2016
I loved the Fast work environment at Brookshire Brothers it kept me busy and let the time go by fast! I loved my staff and our system worked very well in satisfying customers.
Flexiable schedule.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXMay 23, 2016
Really good job for high school students, don't recommend to college students, pay minimum wage. Co-workers are really helpful and work for you if needed. constantly busy, especially holidays. job really did help me with my communication skills.
Pros
flexiable schedule.
Cons
minimum wage, short breaks
Very productive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corrigan, TXMay 16, 2016
Absolutely a great place to work at. The management is awesome and well organized. Co-Workers are great. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything and anything dealing with the public. Hardest part of the job would probably be trying to please an upset customer professionally and do so by policy. I learned numerous of things I would definitely work for Brookshire Brothers again.
great people great atmosphere
Cashier/ bager/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, TXApril 30, 2016
this place of work was extremely great for me... it helped me learn how to balance out my people skills and my speed and organization skills... i loved this place
Somewhat of a loathing workplace
stocker/whatever else I was told to do (Former Employee) –  Jewett, TXApril 20, 2016
At B & B, nobody really has a set in stone job. The management tends to only schedule just a few people, sometimes only 4 people, to run the entire store. this includes busy days. I noticed that the employees that worked there, were always stressed about there schedule, as well as who they are working with.
Management was all over the place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Maypearl, TXApril 11, 2016
At first it was very well managed, but as time went on it became a real hassle having three different managers. One would say this and the other would tell you to do the opposite, no one really knew what to do. They fell behind on checking expiration dates and as a result I had to take extra time to go through all of the aisles pulling off expired food items that ended up filling an entire buggy up. I do not believe this was a good experience, the place was just ran horribly.
Pros
...
Cons
different schedule every week, unsure directions, many problems
relaxed environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXMarch 8, 2016
My typical day at work includes performing necessary job duties and greeting customers. Working in friendly environment with great co-workers
Pros
15 mins break and a 30 min break
Cons
slow work environment
Beneficial place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 4, 2016
Great management, you are treated like family and a great first job for anyone looking. Flexible with hours between school or college and management is very helpful at any time needed.
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Brookshires is great place to work for. Management cares about the employees. Co-workers are all friends, which makes for a nice work environment. This is a Christian based company.
pretty layed back job
Brookshire Brothers (Former Employee) –  Italy, TXFebruary 15, 2016
At brookshire Brothers the employees get along pretty well and the management is pretty understanding and works with you to complete your task.
productive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pilot Point, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Youre are always busy. You clean and count your money at the end of the night. You also interact with costumers and you slice meats.
Exciting place to work. Love my customers
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I have received so many opportunities at brookshire brothers. My cooking skills have improved, picking out the right produce is outstanding. Getting the opportunity to learn so many different departments not only benefits me but benefits them as they can use me in multiple departments threw out the day/week as needed.
Pros
Getting to meet new people
Good first time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TXJanuary 6, 2016
This would be a great first time job for someone in high school. It is a very easy job with a good work environment, but the pay is minimum wage and you only get a quarter raise for every year you work there. So it's terrible pay and terrible benefits. No vacation time or sick time and no room for advancement.
Pros
Easy, good work environment
Cons
low pay, benefits
Overall Experience
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 4, 2015
I just enjoyed working here very much. I was always switching departments so I was never doing the same thing. Enjoyed helping the customers and making the products for the customers. Worked with good people and the management was alright.
Pros
Got to sample products
Cons
Short breaks
Staying on top of your work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXNovember 27, 2015
I liked this job at the age of 16 but then i thought Rue 21 would be better sense i was a girl and wouldnt have to stand in one spot. But working at Brookshires showed me how to control myself and deal with angry customers that come in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookshire Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8