BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS

BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS Employee Reviews

Goodenvironment to work.
Cashier, sacker, stocker (Former Employee), Kountze, TXMay 11, 2015
Great work place also good management and coworkers. learned about how to keep a grocery store running and keep customers happy.
Very productive, and friendly place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hemphill, TXMay 8, 2015
I would recommend anyone to work at Brookshire Brothers. You could defiantly have a future there, i started young and moved up fast. It was a very organized, productive, yet friendly place to work.
Bad management
Stocker (Former Employee), Salado, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: quitting
Cons: management
The job itself is alright and the people are great. I was a stocker and I remember we would have to stay until 3 or 4 in the morning dusting some nights due to the big wigs coming to town. The store manager is horrible, if you say something wrong about him or question anything then he will try to look down on you. He thinks he is better than anyone else and he made that store worse. Seemed like management didn't know what the priorities were and didn't know how to handle busy situations very well. If you want to work in retail I would suggest going to Belton or Temple and work for HEB or Walmart.
productive, fun.
Cashier (Former Employee), Giddings, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: getting to meet people
Cons: short hair, dress code
A typical day at brookshire brothers would be seeing new faces everyday of course. I learned to get along with different people, I learned to control an attitude, mature. The most enjoyable part would have to be meeting the very nice people and being around friends.
love the enviroment
Gilbert Garcia Cashier (Former Employee), Jewett, TXApril 20, 2015
not very flexible with the hours they schedule people, and they tend to hire young students who are unreliable and quit because they dont want to work as needed.
Poor, Dirty I hate it
cahier (Former Employee), Madisonville, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: people always are talking about others
enough said about these people. if your deperatly broke and want to get yelled at all the time for doing your job just go work there.
Good Place to work
Bakery/Deli Manager (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TxApril 2, 2015
The family atmosphere of employees is great. The daily interaction with customers provides joy and friendship. Getting to know customers on a first name basis makes my job great!
Demanding workplace, but fun at the same time
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee), Carthage, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly customers, good employees
Cons: very long shifts
A typical day included helping customers locate items as well as ordering items for a customer, along with making sure the store was ready for any promotions that were advertised. I learned a lot about business and merchandising, as well as advertising and what it takes to run and maintain a business. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different attitudes and personalities of the customers, not everyone was happy with everything but we always reached a resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, a lot of good people at work made the day better.
productive work zone
Stocker (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXFebruary 9, 2015
I love working at this job helping the customers out with assiting them in anything that they were looking for in the store that they couldn't find.
decent
Cashier (Former Employee), Smithville, TXFebruary 9, 2015
i was a cashier in retail, i don't hate it but i don't love it. but if i had to do it again i would. the coustmors were sweet the employees sweeter.
Terrible Company
Office Manager (Former Employee), Carthage, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Good first job to have. In the end terrible place to work, but paid bills. The manager is a joke and has no clue on how to run his own store.
Slow paced work area
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Crandall, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, not enought hours
A day at work would include trying to stay busy. With the location we have the business is not very good. Although, I can say that ive learned a lot by working here. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be the customers, most of them are very friendly and give you a good laugh. Other than that the job would probably be a lot better if we actually got good business.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Petro Clerk/Cashier/Office Clerk/Front End Manager (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fast-paced, fun people
Cons: no breaks, late nights
A typical work day for me was very, very busy. I was responsible for answering phones and directing calls, processing returns and exchanges, doing Western Union transactions, back-up cashiering, giving people breaks, and building tills and balancing them, along with adding up all checks, coupons, and cash for the day to balance the store at the end of my shift. The hardest part about my position was not getting breaks, myself, sometimes because I was so busy in the office. The store managers sometimes didn't help much with that problem. It makes Customer Service a bit more challenging, but I was able to push through it. It was also difficult to be "in charge" of younger people because I'm not too much older than them and they sometimes didn't want to listen to me. Aside from the negative, I loved working with the general public and the challenges that it brought kept everything interesting. I did the same work every day, but the circumstances were different most of the time. There were very few days that I was bored.
brookshire brothers typical work day
Office Clerk /Cashier (Current Employee), Cleveland, TXJanuary 21, 2015
i love coming to work ready to help my cashiers and to encounter obstacles i may face with my customers to help them and leave my store happy
hardest part of my job is when we are busy and having to keep up ''but in the end i always do
the most enjoyable part of my job is when i help customer when they need help or encounter a problem and me fixing and knowing they're leaving my store happy and served well
productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: easy day
Cons: no lunch provided
Typical shifts are about six hours long. A typical work day isn't very busy. The hardest part of the job would be remembering the produce codes. However, it wasn't hard to look them up. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize openly with the customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Apple Springs, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Not enough hours good job for school kids. They don't hire full time and rarely give raises.
friendly and laid back
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodville, TXDecember 24, 2014
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: long breaks
I was a cashier at Brookshire Brothers. I operated the cash register and assisted customers with their grocery purchases. I made sure my register was clean and well kept. I also counted my drawer/money at the end of my shift. I really enjoyed all the customers because they were very patient with you and treated you like their family.
rude
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Newton, TXNovember 26, 2014
I didn't really like working under the managers in this specific store they are very gossipy old women, just dosent make for a good workplace to me
Great Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodville, TXOctober 27, 2014
I loved working here! It was a very good enviornment and the people were very friendly.
Fun work place.
Cashier/Price change/DSD (Former Employee), Liberty, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: pay
Every day was definitely a challenge but the people i worked with always made the days interesting. What this job taught me, was the importance of shrink and how much a company looses money over the smallest things. Management was never really a problem for me because in most work environments as long as you get the job done there should never be problems with management. I don't think there where any hard parts about working here. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending to customer needs and impressing the boss.

1 2 3 4 5