Brookshire Brothers Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corrigan, TXMay 16, 2016
Absolutely a great place to work at. The management is awesome and well organized. Co-Workers are great. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything and anything dealing with the public. Hardest part of the job would probably be trying to please an upset customer professionally and do so by policy. I learned numerous of things I would definitely work for Brookshire Brothers again.
great people great atmosphere
Cashier/ bager/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, TXApril 30, 2016
this place of work was extremely great for me... it helped me learn how to balance out my people skills and my speed and organization skills... i loved this place
Somewhat of a loathing workplace
stocker/whatever else I was told to do (Former Employee) –  Jewett, TXApril 20, 2016
At B & B, nobody really has a set in stone job. The management tends to only schedule just a few people, sometimes only 4 people, to run the entire store. this includes busy days. I noticed that the employees that worked there, were always stressed about there schedule, as well as who they are working with.
Management was all over the place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Maypearl, TXApril 11, 2016
At first it was very well managed, but as time went on it became a real hassle having three different managers. One would say this and the other would tell you to do the opposite, no one really knew what to do. They fell behind on checking expiration dates and as a result I had to take extra time to go through all of the aisles pulling off expired food items that ended up filling an entire buggy up. I do not believe this was a good experience, the place was just ran horribly.
Pros
...
Cons
different schedule every week, unsure directions, many problems
relaxed environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXMarch 8, 2016
My typical day at work includes performing necessary job duties and greeting customers. Working in friendly environment with great co-workers
Pros
15 mins break and a 30 min break
Cons
slow work environment
Beneficial place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 4, 2016
Great management, you are treated like family and a great first job for anyone looking. Flexible with hours between school or college and management is very helpful at any time needed.
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Brookshires is great place to work for. Management cares about the employees. Co-workers are all friends, which makes for a nice work environment. This is a Christian based company.
pretty layed back job
Brookshire Brothers (Former Employee) –  Italy, TXFebruary 15, 2016
At brookshire Brothers the employees get along pretty well and the management is pretty understanding and works with you to complete your task.
productive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pilot Point, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Youre are always busy. You clean and count your money at the end of the night. You also interact with costumers and you slice meats.
Exciting place to work. Love my customers
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I have received so many opportunities at brookshire brothers. My cooking skills have improved, picking out the right produce is outstanding. Getting the opportunity to learn so many different departments not only benefits me but benefits them as they can use me in multiple departments threw out the day/week as needed.
Pros
Getting to meet new people
Good first time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TXJanuary 6, 2016
This would be a great first time job for someone in high school. It is a very easy job with a good work environment, but the pay is minimum wage and you only get a quarter raise for every year you work there. So it's terrible pay and terrible benefits. No vacation time or sick time and no room for advancement.
Pros
Easy, good work environment
Cons
low pay, benefits
Overall Experience
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 4, 2015
I just enjoyed working here very much. I was always switching departments so I was never doing the same thing. Enjoyed helping the customers and making the products for the customers. Worked with good people and the management was alright.
Pros
Got to sample products
Cons
Short breaks
Staying on top of your work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXNovember 27, 2015
I liked this job at the age of 16 but then i thought Rue 21 would be better sense i was a girl and wouldnt have to stand in one spot. But working at Brookshires showed me how to control myself and deal with angry customers that come in.
it was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kountze, TXNovember 25, 2015
Didnt Really like it..
Forgot to relieve me for my breaks alot when i would work 10 hr shifts.
real rude staff and some of them didn't care if they lost their job or not..
Pros
The paycheck at the end of the week
Cons
Forgetting to give me my break multiple times
Office Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trinity, TXNovember 12, 2015
Very nice place to work at in trinity great co-workers. The customers all know one another and for the most part are very nice for the small community.
decent place of employment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coldspring, TXOctober 22, 2015
Great place to start out for some one interested in customer service salary and benefits could be better but overall decent place to work
Great store director but no assistance
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXOctober 16, 2015
The store director does the best with what they have but with two assistants who are just shy of useless it is hard to get much of anything done. The one assistant antagonizes all employees on a daily basis, trying to scare them or prank them and getting into arguments with teenage cashiers in the middle of a transaction with a customer. The two assistants are very unprofessional and that is probably the hardest part of the job, in particular the assistant who acts like a teenage boy most of the time even though he is roughly middle aged.
Pros
Flexible hours for people in school or second jobs
Cons
Assistant managers
It's a good company
Assistant Pricing Coordinator and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wimberley, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Brookshire Brothers is a good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there a lot. The people are friendly but, the pay could be a whole lot better. They had people working multiple jobs. That's crazy and really sad.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Poor Pay
A great place to learn and grow
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  texasSeptember 7, 2015
Brookshire Brothers pharmacy is an amazing place to work! There is none better! Closed on Holidays, Closed on sundays, not open late at night!
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
It was a good learning experience for me.
Checker, Cashier, Line worker, Closing cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TexasAugust 31, 2015
I liked working for brookshires. The environment was pretty close to perfect. I would definitely work there again. It is a very respectful and honest place. I loved everyone.