BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS

BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS Employer Reviews

Fun and Enjoyable Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Crandall, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: pleasant work atmosphere
Cons: everyone but managers are part-time
Over the past two years that I've worked at the store, I've learned many new things. I've learned how to work meat, and clean the floors properly, as well as new people skills and handling cash. I've learned that the customer is (almost) always right, and how to quickly diffuse situations between the workers and customers. The atmosphere is always a – more... happy one, and the people who work there are as close as family.
The managers are very easy to follow, and enjoyable to talk to and the co-workers are pleasant as well. – less
Office manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: meeting alot of people
Cons: long hours
Very early hours reconciling the store sales for the day before, before opening up for business the next day. I managed a office with a lot of cash, credit and debit sales, and collection on return checks. scheduling employees work hours and making sure all customers was taken care of. I started out as a checker and worked myself up to management, a – more... lot of long hours. Enjoyed the customers and the fast pace,, made the days short. I had the respect of my bosses and co-workers,, simply because I gave them the same amount of respect as well. I left the job to go into the medical field,, – less
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Deridder, LAAugust 16, 2014
Great store manager. Long hours. I wanted more from the company. The co-workers were great.
Good first job
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee), TexasAugust 16, 2014
Good overall place to work. The employees and management is fun. None of the work is hard or stressfull
Bakery/Deli Cashier (Current Employee), Hallettsville, TXJuly 25, 2014
Typically very busy, always something to do. I have learned teamwork and how customer service is key. I love my co-workers, they are a great crew. The hardest part of my job is getting everything done, that needs to be done, most enjoyable would be my customers.
High Sales
PRICING COORDINATOR BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS (Current Employee), Smithville, TXJuly 23, 2014
busy and productive.
hardest part is lacking employee moral.
productive
Assistant Booth Manager (Former Employee), New Caney, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: learning new things and meeting people
Cons: doing the job of three people
counting tills,making tills for cashiers,balancing the store,cashing checks for customers,answering the phones,selling money orders,western union,selling money orders,refunds,customer complaints,doing voids for cashiers.when the cashiers got backed up with customers i got out there and helped cashier.i got along with co-workers.the hardest part of the – more... job was doing the work of three people.the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people customers and workers. – less
preparation and merchandising product
Produce Manager (Current Employee), Normangee, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i get to get the customers because produce s ps the first thing they see when they walk in
Cons: long days sometimes and alot of lifting on delivert days
first thing in the morning I clean and prep produce for sale. I do the inventory once a month and I order the produce three times a week.
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
Providing customers with groceries and food stuffs.
That a happy customer was a returning customer.
Management was good and consistent.
Co workers were fun to work with, some became life long friends.
The hours that we had to work, long shifts.
The most enjoyable was working with my friends and developing those relationships.
N/A
Stocker-Part-time (Former Employee), Katy, TXJuly 15, 2014
Part time stocker job. Not much more to say about this posistion. great for high school students.
Great place to work and learn
Office Manager (Former Employee), Navasota, TXJuly 14, 2014
able to move up in the company quickly.
Great people to work with
Good managment
Great management and great customers.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Woodville, TXJuly 9, 2014
The management in the store are great. The overall work experience i would say is good. My hours could be better. The company and the people i work with are all great.
Busy pharmacy with drive-thru window
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Wimberley, TXJune 1, 2014
I really enjoyed getting to know the customers. It felt great to have them come in or call and ask for me. Management could use some classes on how to manage and not have favorites. Co-workers worked very hard. Hardest part of my job was the constant change. Almost everyday, things were moved around or management wanted employees to do things differently.
boring
General Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Deridder, LAApril 22, 2014
The Advancement in this company is limited to the fact that the company is still growing and becoming larger. Most employee's stay in the positions outside of cashiers for large intervals of years or advancement is slim
management
Deli assistant and Frozen/Dairy Manager (Former Employee), hearne, texasApril 16, 2014
enjoyed being responsible for a department and performing my duties without having someone looking over my back.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Silsbee, TXApril 1, 2014
I loved having the ability to interact with customers. I moved into the office after a month and was basically a bookkeeper. I handled the money and did all the transactions. It was by far the best job other than taking care of my grandmother.
Good job.
delicook/server (Former Employee), Katy, TXMarch 6, 2014
I learned a lot when I was working for brookshire Brothers.
I learned a lot from my boss and he helped you when you needed it.
I will remember him and what he has taught me. And for my coworkers they were great we all were like a small family we were there for each other as a team. The hardest part of the job was making sure you got the line set up – more... on time. I had to come in and had a hour to get breakfast set up and on the line then start on lunch while you kept up breakfast it was good challenge. – less
Great work environment
Stocker (Former Employee), Smithville, TxJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: got paid weekly
Cons: healthcare, not enough hours
Managers were nicer and were more concerned about the customers. Managers usually helped other co-workers. Made sure all the shelves were stocked neat and properly. Best part was working at a good pace not rushing and making fast mistakes.
Great workplace!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Giddings, TXJanuary 22, 2014
I been an office manager and dept manager for BB over ten years time. People are easy to work with and the stores are up to date and clean.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Jasper, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: worked with school schedule.
Cons: strict management
Collected cash payments from customers and making change, or charging purchases to customers' credit cards and providing customers with receipts. Clean, collect, and dispose outside trash. Order stock, and price and shelve incoming goods, and provide assistance and customer service.

1 2 3 4