BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS

BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS Employer Reviews

productive work zone
Stocker (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXFebruary 9, 2015
I love working at this job helping the customers out with assiting them in anything that they were looking for in the store that they couldn't find.
decent
Cashier (Former Employee), Smithville, TXFebruary 9, 2015
i was a cashier in retail, i don't hate it but i don't love it. but if i had to do it again i would. the coustmors were sweet the employees sweeter.
Terrible Company
Office Manager (Former Employee), Carthage, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Good first job to have. In the end terrible place to work, but paid bills. The manager is a joke and has no clue on how to run his own store.
Slow paced work area
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Crandall, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, not enought hours
A day at work would include trying to stay busy. With the location we have the business is not very good. Although, I can say that ive learned a lot by working here. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be the customers, most of them are very friendly and give you a good laugh. Other than that the job would probably be a lot better if we actually got good business.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Petro Clerk/Cashier/Office Clerk/Front End Manager (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fast-paced, fun people
Cons: no breaks, late nights
A typical work day for me was very, very busy. I was responsible for answering phones and directing calls, processing returns and exchanges, doing Western Union transactions, back-up cashiering, giving people breaks, and building tills and balancing them, along with adding up all checks, coupons, and cash for the day to balance the store at the end of my shift. The hardest part about my position was not getting breaks, myself, sometimes because I was so busy in the office. The store managers sometimes didn't help much with that problem. It makes Customer Service a bit more challenging, but I was able to push through it. It was also difficult to be "in charge" of younger people because I'm not too much older than them and they sometimes didn't want to listen to me. Aside from the negative, I loved working with the general public and the challenges that it brought kept everything interesting. I did the same work every day, but the circumstances were different most of the time. There were very few days that I was bored.
brookshire brothers typical work day
Office Clerk /Cashier (Current Employee), Cleveland, TXJanuary 21, 2015
i love coming to work ready to help my cashiers and to encounter obstacles i may face with my customers to help them and leave my store happy
hardest part of my job is when we are busy and having to keep up ''but in the end i always do
the most enjoyable part of my job is when i help customer when they need help or encounter a problem and me fixing and knowing they're leaving my store happy and served well
productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: easy day
Cons: no lunch provided
Typical shifts are about six hours long. A typical work day isn't very busy. The hardest part of the job would be remembering the produce codes. However, it wasn't hard to look them up. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize openly with the customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Apple Springs, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Not enough hours good job for school kids. They don't hire full time and rarely give raises.
friendly and laid back
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodville, TXDecember 24, 2014
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: long breaks
I was a cashier at Brookshire Brothers. I operated the cash register and assisted customers with their grocery purchases. I made sure my register was clean and well kept. I also counted my drawer/money at the end of my shift. I really enjoyed all the customers because they were very patient with you and treated you like their family.
rude
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Newton, TXNovember 26, 2014
I didn't really like working under the managers in this specific store they are very gossipy old women, just dosent make for a good workplace to me
Great Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodville, TXOctober 27, 2014
I loved working here! It was a very good enviornment and the people were very friendly.
Fun work place.
Cashier/Price change/DSD (Former Employee), Liberty, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: pay
Every day was definitely a challenge but the people i worked with always made the days interesting. What this job taught me, was the importance of shrink and how much a company looses money over the smallest things. Management was never really a problem for me because in most work environments as long as you get the job done there should never be problems with management. I don't think there where any hard parts about working here. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending to customer needs and impressing the boss.
great place to shop and work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Augustine, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: close to home, breaks, lunch
Cons: not enough hours
loved the customers and staff. management is great and very appreciative.
Would not sugest to work there poor managment.
Produce Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee), Salado, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: clean store.nice customers.
Cons: small store .not much to select from.
Some idems thay simply dont carry .You have to help yourself if you need help.
Fun and Enjoyable Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Crandall, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: pleasant work atmosphere
Cons: everyone but managers are part-time
Over the past two years that I've worked at the store, I've learned many new things. I've learned how to work meat, and clean the floors properly, as well as new people skills and handling cash. I've learned that the customer is (almost) always right, and how to quickly diffuse situations between the workers and customers. The atmosphere is always a happy one, and the people who work there are as close as family.
The managers are very easy to follow, and enjoyable to talk to and the co-workers are pleasant as well.
Office manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: meeting alot of people
Cons: long hours
Very early hours reconciling the store sales for the day before, before opening up for business the next day. I managed a office with a lot of cash, credit and debit sales, and collection on return checks. scheduling employees work hours and making sure all customers was taken care of. I started out as a checker and worked myself up to management, a lot of long hours. Enjoyed the customers and the fast pace,, made the days short. I had the respect of my bosses and co-workers,, simply because I gave them the same amount of respect as well. I left the job to go into the medical field,,
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Deridder, LAAugust 16, 2014
Great store manager. Long hours. I wanted more from the company. The co-workers were great.
Good first job
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee), TexasAugust 16, 2014
Good overall place to work. The employees and management is fun. None of the work is hard or stressfull
Bakery/Deli Cashier (Current Employee), Hallettsville, TXJuly 25, 2014
Typically very busy, always something to do. I have learned teamwork and how customer service is key. I love my co-workers, they are a great crew. The hardest part of my job is getting everything done, that needs to be done, most enjoyable would be my customers.
High Sales
PRICING COORDINATOR BROOKSHIRE BROTHERS (Current Employee), Smithville, TXJuly 23, 2014
busy and productive.
hardest part is lacking employee moral.

1 2 3 4 5