Directs and coordinates the development, implementation, and support of computer software, hardware, and network systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs operating system/application configuration and supports duties to ensure that the operating systems/applications on local and remote servers, desktops and laptops are consistently configured and adjustments to the operating systems/applications are recorded and deployed to all users in a timely manner.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Collects information from various sources to accurately define problems and communicates with staff and vendors in order to get resolutions to problems.
- Monitors and administers network, keeping system information up-to-date in network log.
- Updates the operating system as required.
- Installs personal computer hardware.
- Loads and updates software applications as required.
- Manages memory usage of the network, network printing, and network technical resources.
- Maintains a backup of all files, security, and rights.
- Reviews professional and business periodicals to stay current on developing trends.
- Responds to after-hours phone calls and resolves problems as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and five to ten years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Workstation, Server Operating Systems, and applications.
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, employees and vendors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions furnished in oral, written, schedule or diagram form.
- Ability to operate computer terminal and file servers.
- Ability to maneuver up to 65 pounds in computer hardware and manipulate small items such as cables and tools while replacing and/or installing equipment.
Brookshire Grocery Company is firmly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. The company offers employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Indeed - 18 months ago
By selling staples, specialties, and Southern hospitality, Brookshire Grocery Co. has grown into a chain of about 150 Brookshire's,...