Brooksource Employee Reviews

Workplace
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2017
I love what I do. I have a good time working where I work. The downfall is, its a contract job and the building that I work in has very FEW hire on positions. I have fun and enjoy speaking with the Managers and associates helping them fix registers and what other issues they may have.
Pros
Work life and relationships
Cons
Not enough advancement
It
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2017
This company is great while under contract. It can sometimes be very hard getting employment once without a job. The recruiter makes sure both client and staff are treated fair
Not happy
Digital Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
They did not help me when I needed assistance. I asked them to contact my employer and ask for more specific information. When I explained that the contract position was not what it should have been, they refused to help me.
Pros
Hours were ok
Cons
They care about their people
Security Architect (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2017
Brooksource takes care of their contractors. Your rep will check on you often to make sure everything is going well for you, and they will help you find a good match and a nice position that matches your long term goals.
Pros
Nice hourly wage
Cons
Contracting, open positions are not always available
No project management
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2017
I was terminated with no warning, no formal disciplinary action, or writeups. And I'm still wondering what I did wrong. This happened the day after I saved the company server from indefinite downtime due to the fact that no one had any sort of data backup.
I was placed into a project with no project management whatsoever and I made the best out of a bad situation.
They have people in positions that really don't know what they're doing, and most of them are very young and inexperienced.
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor management, no process, inexperienced staff.
Productive Fun Place with great Energy
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 17, 2017
Good company with a decent opportunity for growth. The team is collaborative and everyone is willing to help you grow if you are willing to do so yourself.
Great place to work right after college
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2017
Work hard, play hard in the realest form! Great culture and fast upward mobility with a fast-paced environment. No need to have an IT background to be successful!
Platform Delivery Engineer @ Comcast VIPER - Placed by Brooksource
Platform Delivery Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 22, 2017
This position is the most enjoyable job that I've held in the last 20 years. A typical day at work is arriving by light rail from home at Union Station, Denver, CO and walking a couple of blocks to my office, picking up breakfast on the way. I plug in my Mac Book Pro to my monitors, log in, check my email, check Slack and several other things. I take a quick break to fill my water bottle with ice and water from the one of 4 kitchenettes provided by Comcast VIPER. I grab a soda to go with my breakfast burrito and get back to work.

I work through the morning, attending any scheduled meetings (which there are few at this point, fingers crossed). I stop mid-day to go and grab a to-go lunch from one of many restaurants around my downtown location and then it's back to work. I enjoy working through lunch so I can get out an hour earlier. The afternoons hold most of my meetings or conference calls. In between, I continue to work on my assignments.

The end of the day is a couple of block walk to the light rail and a trip home.
Pros
Free snack, sodas, occasional lunches.
Cons
Brooksource provides medical benefits but no life insurance.
You get out what you put in
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Fast paced work environment, very competitive in nature. Be prepared to work toward what you want, but if you do you will see success.
I enjoyed it.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
I really loved the people I worked with. It was really chill and full time. I only thing is I think they should pay more for all the work we employees do.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Contract job
Tier 1 Helpdesk
Tier One Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 1, 2017
My employment was too short to properly review, as my contract only ran three months. Once placed, priority for you seems to evaporate quickly, and follow up for a second placement seems to be almost nill.
Very fast and direct
IT support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYDecember 29, 2016
Fast inboarding processed, good description of assignments. Great communications with members. Not forward with payment amount, make sure you are getting top pay for short term contract s.
Pros
On-site regular
Cons
Everyone new
Stable and professional place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2016
Typical Desktop Engineer work environment, focuses on troubleshooting and equipment management. Company offers training opportunities for advancement.
Information Security Engineer - Beech Grove
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INAugust 8, 2016
Leadership is not proactive or intrusive (site)

Undisciplined process and no training provided or communication with management

High turnover of qualified full time employees

Quarterly contract that does not communicate with employee about job security

I would only recommend as stop gap and review contract

Bump up salary, no PTO or benefits
Pros
On southside, nice people (majority)
Cons
Undisciplined process, management for mission not qualified to understand scope, policies in place are for show, not actually in place, don't respect contractors opinion-just want final product
Dont waste your time!
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 27, 2016
They claim to help recent college graduates find jobs. Its no different than when over priced universities make that same lie. If you can, freelance your skillset. You get more money that way and gain experience that can get you a job later on. Just remember companies no matter how small or large will not spend a dime anymore to train its staff, you have to create your own experience.
Pros
Cons
few connections, horrible communication
Ok place to work
Project Manager - Data Center Implimentation (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 22, 2016
They don't support you very well once you are in the field. Never saw any of the people who were managing me in the entire time I was on site.
Ambitious and Awesome!
IT Recruiter and Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2016
Brooksource does excellent hiring for their internal operations, and everyone I interacted with was extremely hard working!
Productive and fun work culture.
Employee Relations and Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed my experience and everything I learned at Brooksource. As an employee relations and business development intern I assisted the recruiting team with resume screening and candidate searches. I also worked on lead generations and territory research for the sales teams.
Pros
Positive group of hard working people.
Contracting company
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJApril 11, 2016
Learned the workings of Comcast. The managers were the Comcast manager. They were very helpful and friendly.
Was able to learn and grow into the field.
Fun workplace
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
Fun work place with a lot of energy. General ups and downs of the staffing industry but that is to be expected. Great entry into the staffing and recruiting space