Brooksource Employee Reviews

Information Security Engineer - Beech Grove
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INAugust 8, 2016
Leadership is not proactive or intrusive (site)

Undisciplined process and no training provided or communication with management

High turnover of qualified full time employees

Quarterly contract that does not communicate with employee about job security

I would only recommend as stop gap and review contract

Bump up salary, no PTO or benefits
Pros
On southside, nice people (majority)
Cons
Undisciplined process, management for mission not qualified to understand scope, policies in place are for show, not actually in place, don't respect contractors opinion-just want final product
Stable and professional place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2016
Typical Desktop Engineer work environment, focuses on troubleshooting and equipment management. Company offers training opportunities for advancement.
Very fast and direct
IT support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYDecember 29, 2016
Fast inboarding processed, good description of assignments. Great communications with members. Not forward with payment amount, make sure you are getting top pay for short term contract s.
Pros
On-site regular
Cons
Everyone new
Tier 1 Helpdesk
Tier One Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 1, 2017
My employment was too short to properly review, as my contract only ran three months. Once placed, priority for you seems to evaporate quickly, and follow up for a second placement seems to be almost nill.
I enjoyed it.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
I really loved the people I worked with. It was really chill and full time. I only thing is I think they should pay more for all the work we employees do.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Contract job
Dont waste your time!
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 27, 2016
They claim to help recent college graduates find jobs. Its no different than when over priced universities make that same lie. If you can, freelance your skillset. You get more money that way and gain experience that can get you a job later on. Just remember companies no matter how small or large will not spend a dime anymore to train its staff, you have to create your own experience.
Pros
Cons
few connections, horrible communication
Random hours, poor, unknowlegable management
employee (Former Employee) –  former employeeAugust 1, 2014
Incoming candidatesis for St. Francis data center in Beech Grove. You will be expected to work random shifts, with inadequate training, and your performance is based on if the boss like you or not.

This company laid off hundreds of people recently (knowledgeable people), and now is filling those spots by underpaying Incoming candidates without getting them the basic training they need to do this job.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees
Cons
Pay, Hours, Management, Drama
Productive but relaxed job in a professional environment
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2013
A typical day at work is very relaxed yet very productive. I learned how to connect other office technology equipment other than PCs. Also how to work from the details given by other co-workers about the computers. Yet, if you need help the manager and co-workers are always willing to help. The hardest part of this job would not knowing how to handle certain equipment. The most enjoyable part would be the relaxed but professional environment offered at the job.
Pros
Good salary, Easy to learn (little training necessary)
Cons
Few hours offered
good place to work for
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 17, 2016
They find you a good job in what you have training for and keep in touch with you while you work for them. A typical day of work is start off by looking at issue that have come in contacting the Eu talk to them and fix the issue. Close out work order. What i have learned is that not all issues are the same. Management are good at wanting you to achieve the goals that are set. Co-workers are easy to get along with and willing to help out. Hardest part of the job was keeping up a steady work when things are slow. The most enjoy able thing about the job was learning new software and other skills.
Great Experience
Remote Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2015
The company I contract under is great, I have a great person that checks on me weekly to ensure that I am doing great.
Pros
The company is a great place to work for and receive great training and experience.
Cons
No PTO/Vacation or 401K, the health insurance for families are expensive, it's about $50 per week/per paycheck, you will also be asked to leave early due to not enough calls in the queue.
Ok place to work
Project Manager - Data Center Implimentation (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 22, 2016
They don't support you very well once you are in the field. Never saw any of the people who were managing me in the entire time I was on site.
Productive and fun work culture.
Employee Relations and Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed my experience and everything I learned at Brooksource. As an employee relations and business development intern I assisted the recruiting team with resume screening and candidate searches. I also worked on lead generations and territory research for the sales teams.
Pros
Positive group of hard working people.
Typical Recuiting service.
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2016
I have worked for a lot of recuiting services. This one isn't bad, if not a bit less professional. There was issues with payroll that never really got fixed. After a month, I just dropped it. There was also some scheduling mix ups. I got re-scheduled for an interview but didn't get the memo. I don't what know happened there. I asked what happen, but got no response. rather odd.

I would use their service. Just keep in mind that they feel like a small company, whether they are or not.
Pros
pleasant overall. Got some good IT position float across their desks.
Cons
Things slip through the cracks.
Good company for what they are used for
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2015
Nice people and helped me lot when I was first getting started. They are a staffing company so obviously benefits and compensation are not the greatest.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Poorly compensated
Ambitious and Awesome!
IT Recruiter and Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2016
Brooksource does excellent hiring for their internal operations, and everyone I interacted with was extremely hard working!
Buyer beware!!!
Computer Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
They treat blacks like slaves, pay pennies, and they most of the money. They tell you to got to one job then you get there and its a change in the date or location, but that's not all, you contract has ended but you are the one who never knows this....lol... BUYER BEWARE!!
Pros
They find you jobs sometimes
Cons
They treat blacks like slaves, pay pennies, and they most of the money BUYER BEWARE!!
Being a Corp Computer Analyst II with Ascena
Computer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I think working with Ascena has been a great opportunity for me. I started within the company working with store systems for Lanebryant and Catherines on the store side of our service desk. To now working on the corporate side of the service desk as a Tier II leader.
Having had great training from the amazing management/leadership team here at ascena I feel like my skills development in IT have had strengthened. I start my shift at 6:00 AM EST to 3:00 PM EST Monday through Friday. I manage our service desk MS outlook inbox. The inbox can get up to 13000 e mails daily, I also triage tickets that may come through our frontrange (ITSM) self service portal. I also take calls from our corporate clients for trouble shooting or ticket creation. I also help manage high priority bridge calls, working closely with my manager and other VIPs in resolution of high priority tickets that may come through. I do not think there is anything very challenging about this job. My day to day is very enjoyable my co workers are very friendly and the work environment that is given is like hanging out with your family members. We all have the same passion for computers and our jobs so it is very easy to come to a common goal for our everyday duties.
Pros
Learning, experience
Contracting company
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJApril 11, 2016
Learned the workings of Comcast. The managers were the Comcast manager. They were very helpful and friendly.
Was able to learn and grow into the field.
Fun workplace
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
Fun work place with a lot of energy. General ups and downs of the staffing industry but that is to be expected. Great entry into the staffing and recruiting space
Great Entry Level Opportunity with Fun Culture
Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2014
Brooksource is a great company start a career with coming straight from college. The enviornment is hard-working and fun at the same time. I love working with candidates and matching their skills with the right job opportunity. The ups and downs of staffing can be crazy but there is a lot of support in the office to keep you sane during the tough times.
Pros
Great people, Fun culture, Opportunity to make good money
Cons
No growth, Hard to see success, Money is up and down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooksource. Our community is ready to answer.