Brooksource Employee Reviews in United States

Dont waste your time!
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 27, 2016
They claim to help recent college graduates find jobs. Its no different than when over priced universities make that same lie. If you can, freelance your skillset. You get more money that way and gain experience that can get you a job later on. Just remember companies no matter how small or large will not spend a dime anymore to train its staff, you have to create your own experience.
Pros
Cons
few connections, horrible communication
Ambitious and Awesome!
IT Recruiter and Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2016
Brooksource does excellent hiring for their internal operations, and everyone I interacted with was extremely hard working!
Productive and fun work culture.
Employee Relations and Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed my experience and everything I learned at Brooksource. As an employee relations and business development intern I assisted the recruiting team with resume screening and candidate searches. I also worked on lead generations and territory research for the sales teams.
Pros
Positive group of hard working people.
Contracting company
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJApril 11, 2016
Learned the workings of Comcast. The managers were the Comcast manager. They were very helpful and friendly.
Was able to learn and grow into the field.
Fun workplace
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
Fun work place with a lot of energy. General ups and downs of the staffing industry but that is to be expected. Great entry into the staffing and recruiting space
Buyer beware!!!
Computer Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
They treat blacks like slaves, pay pennies, and they most of the money. They tell you to got to one job then you get there and its a change in the date or location, but that's not all, you contract has ended but you are the one who never knows this....lol... BUYER BEWARE!!
Pros
They find you jobs sometimes
Cons
They treat blacks like slaves, pay pennies, and they most of the money BUYER BEWARE!!
good place to work for
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 17, 2016
They find you a good job in what you have training for and keep in touch with you while you work for them. A typical day of work is start off by looking at issue that have come in contacting the Eu talk to them and fix the issue. Close out work order. What i have learned is that not all issues are the same. Management are good at wanting you to achieve the goals that are set. Co-workers are easy to get along with and willing to help out. Hardest part of the job was keeping up a steady work when things are slow. The most enjoy able thing about the job was learning new software and other skills.
Typical Recuiting service.
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2016
I have worked for a lot of recuiting services. This one isn't bad, if not a bit less professional. There was issues with payroll that never really got fixed. After a month, I just dropped it. There was also some scheduling mix ups. I got re-scheduled for an interview but didn't get the memo. I don't what know happened there. I asked what happen, but got no response. rather odd.

I would use their service. Just keep in mind that they feel like a small company, whether they are or not.
Pros
pleasant overall. Got some good IT position float across their desks.
Cons
Things slip through the cracks.
Being a Corp Computer Analyst II with Ascena
Computer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I think working with Ascena has been a great opportunity for me. I started within the company working with store systems for Lanebryant and Catherines on the store side of our service desk. To now working on the corporate side of the service desk as a Tier II leader.
Having had great training from the amazing management/leadership team here at ascena I feel like my skills development in IT have had strengthened. I start my shift at 6:00 AM EST to 3:00 PM EST Monday through Friday. I manage our service desk MS outlook inbox. The inbox can get up to 13000 e mails daily, I also triage tickets that may come through our frontrange (ITSM) self service portal. I also take calls from our corporate clients for trouble shooting or ticket creation. I also help manage high priority bridge calls, working closely with my manager and other VIPs in resolution of high priority tickets that may come through. I do not think there is anything very challenging about this job. My day to day is very enjoyable my co workers are very friendly and the work environment that is given is like hanging out with your family members. We all have the same passion for computers and our jobs so it is very easy to come to a common goal for our everyday duties.
Pros
Learning, experience
Cons
Recruiters are well at giving feedback and answering all qauestions
CONSULTANT FOR VCPI (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2015
Very busy and learned quite a bit about other technologies. The place I consulted wasn't as friendly or seemed to care about you and that you were a "consultant." I would say that was the hardest part of my experience - where I was placed people seemed cold and indifferent.
Pros
Worked independently.
Cons
Healthcare and pay
Not your normal consulting contracting company
Network Analysts (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2015
The company is all about their clients with a decent amount of big company red tape and politics to coincide with its daily operations. As a contracting staffing company, you never really get to know all the people in the office as you are full-time at their client sites.
Helpful in preparing you for interview
Website Analyst/ Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJuly 26, 2015
I was very impress with the service I received, but were not helpful when trying to find new work, will leave you hanging to hunt on your own.
Pros
Help you to prepare for your interview
Cons
Not good at following up for new work.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I come across a passive candidate and help them make a decision to leave their current role for a better opportunity.
Good company for what they are used for
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2015
Nice people and helped me lot when I was first getting started. They are a staffing company so obviously benefits and compensation are not the greatest.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Poorly compensated
Ok for a contractor position, but watch your back.
Client Side Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2015
I worked for this company as a contractor, but I was eventually hired on after a few months with the company i was contracted to. They did not pay fairly.
Great Experience
Remote Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2015
The company I contract under is great, I have a great person that checks on me weekly to ensure that I am doing great.
Pros
the company is a great place to work for and receive great training and experience.
Cons
no pto/vacation or 401k, the health insurance for families are expensive, it's about $50 per week/per paycheck, you will also be asked to leave early due to not enough calls in the queue.
Good firm, responsive to both the client and the consultants
Program Manager / Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Brooksource is a dynamic firm that places need of client on par with the needs of their consultants. Overall a good place to work. They worked hard to keep me informed of client needs. They keep the consultant aware of opportunities with other clients.
Work hard/play hard culture
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2014
Days are spent much on the phones and job boards for recruiters. For Account Executives, we are responsible for going out and finding the business, establishing relationships and maintaining those relationships should issues come up. Staffing is full of a lot of ups and downs so having a thick skin is helpful. The money is rewarding and you get exposed to a lot of situations and management at a very young age.
Pros
happy hours, team building, good pay if you do well
Cons
management lacks direction
Great Company for IT Contractors
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2014
Recruiters are great and accurate with job placement. Every contract is an experiment to remember.
Pros
a lot of experience to gain
Cons
days between contracts can sometimes extend to weeks
Great entry level job opportunity
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Brooksource and gained valuable professional experience.
Pros
culture, location, management
Cons
industry