Brookstone Employee Reviews in United States

alot of sales experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLAugust 9, 2016
This job gave me a lot of sales experience and you never have nothing to do. The managers will always keep you on your feet. The most enjoyable pat of the job was playing with the drones and talking to customers from around the world.
Pros
coworkers and toys
Cons
the pay and low commission
Incredibly Goal/Team Oriented
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 3, 2016
This company is super goal driven, and very team oriented. They set you up for success from the beginning. Very in-depth training allows you to see what the company is all about from the beginning, and enables you to meet and exceed your goals.
The Gadget Store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2016
Great various lines of numerous product selection.
Great co-workers to make the work environment fun.
Great customer service store.
Unique and fun job to work.
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 14, 2016
Opening or closing the store as well as assigning work and sales goals for associates was always pleasant, especially when we are constantly busy. We are encouraged to work closely with customers to ensure that they find the product that they can find most fun or useful. I learned about how to adapt to people and situations on short notice, I became good friends with my coworkers, met new people and developed lasting relationships with my customers. The hardest parts of the work is the overtime during Christmas without any opportunity for vacation. Because of budget cuts within the company, only the highest positions earn plenty of work hours, leaving very little for lower positions. The sales goals we have during certain times of the year are also close to impossible to meet. The things I most enjoyed while working there are the friendly coworkers, positive environment and great incentives for sales on high priced items and reaching weekly sales goals.
Pros
Unique products, Social environment, Competitive incentives
Cons
Low work hours, No winter vacations, High pressure sales goals
fun and exciting place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed working for Brookstone. It was a fun and exciting place to work with all the Gadgets that were constantly coming out onto the market.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not enough benefits or room for advancement
easy work easy pay but bad management
inventory manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2016
the job is simple the hours are manageable but management takes all the hours and doesn't train you at all. Also the company makes new rules all the time that don't make much sense and take away the few perks the job had like massage chair commission being reduced and no more bonuses for regular employees for hitting our weekly goals which were set too high to accomplish half the time but the management can still earn theirs which I didn't appreciate.
Pros
easy money easy job
Cons
no training no benifits bad management
Working at Brookstone
sales associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 10, 2016
Working at Brookstone was very fun. I learned a lot about the products and sold a lot of them. The management was very good and i got along with my co-workers very well. I enjoyed assisting customers and selling merchandise to them. The inly thing i did not like was the fact I had to stand and sell one product at the door.
Great learning experience in sales
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 9, 2016
The manager at this location was the best. I learned so much about sales, customer service, and myself as a worker working here.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
work most holidays
Brookstone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 7, 2016
On a typical day we featured certain products and provided customer service. It was a friendly atmosphere and the customers were great to work with!
Cons
Provided great access and opportunity to gain experience and open my eyes
Intern: Project/Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2016
The work is fun and worth, I was in charge of the following
•Presented new features and function of 360-degree low energy LED light bulbs on the show stage
•Made arrangements for meetings and presentations, provided training for demonstration of products
•Supervised other engineers to insure progress of projects and managed customer profiles
Pros
easy access to the top of the technology
Cons
long travel distance

Want to know more about Brookstone?

Ask a question
Fast paced and friendly
Truck Loader (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMay 23, 2016
Fast paced work environment and friendly co-workers and staff. Everyone is willing to help one another out in getting tasks done sufficiently and on time.
Pros
Friendly people to work with and for
A very fun place to work, but the Corporate side of this company does not make good business decisions for the future of the company.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMay 23, 2016
At Brookstone, a regular day on the job when i was first hired was very busy and could be stressful, but was always a fun experience and there was always a new, innovative product to demonstrate or learn about. I learned many different things in the fields of massage therapy, audio, and even remote-controlled drones. My managers are very respectable, kind, individuals who were some of the best managers ive ever worked with. Working with them was like having family by your side. They treated employees as well as customers with utmost respect and kindness, and sought only to make peoples lives a bit easier with the products we sold. However, since the start of 2016, Brookstone has made some drastic changes that has not been for the benefit of the company. They have been slowly declining in productivity and as a business in general, and our decrease in sales as well as customer base has reflected this largely. Also, there is no longer any incentive to sell any products (got rid of commission, no salary bonus's for making goal), a huge change from past years in the company. This is possibly the most upsetting part of the change, because Brookstone urges its employees to be aggressive salesmen/women, and with no proper incentive, the aggressive sales approach becomes pointless and rather unpleasant to most customers.
Pros
Fun place to work, mix of fast and slow pace work
Cons
Not a company to advance with, merely a stepping stone job. Pay is not worth the effort that the company demands.
Sales
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 10, 2016
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for selling West Marine products and services and assisting customers with their product needs. They provide an exemplary customer experience by asking the customer questions to determine their needs and engaging the customer with their product knowledge, suggestive selling items for the customer’s immediate needs and recommending additional items and/or services that will compliment the customers’ destination or boating experience. They handle returns of merchandise and store merchandising, stocking and maintenance activities. They assist the store in achieving its’ daily, monthly and annual sales and service goals. They will perform related work as required. This position reports to the Store/General Manager.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Pollocksville, NCMay 2, 2016
I enjoy the connections you build with co-workers and the clients you serve. The job also allows you to work in a comfortable environment.
just another retail job selling tech toys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
Meh.....its retail....Be sure to make your weekly sales goals and nothing bad will happen... Annoy/trick customers into buying your products and management will be happy.....sell sell sell....GO GO GO!!!!!
Pros
discounts
Cons
its retail..... nothing really exciting, you must pester people....
It was a fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
it was a fun experience at first but after the holidays we they started to cut our hours to the piont that I was only wrking 4 hours a day
Pros
We could choose the days we wanted to work
Cons
no healthcare, short breaks, no hours
Productive work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75225March 22, 2016
I learned to communicate with all types of customers and handle situations/people in the most professional way possible.
Innovating place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 9, 2016
One of my favorite places to be, working with a great team that encourages each other to reach sales goals and build relationships to create loyal customers.
Pros
Great co workers to be around
Cons
stores are closing down within short notice
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 8, 2016
a great place to work management is the best i have ever been under. the job culture is great. the store is constantly growing.
productive and fun working environment with friends
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 24, 2016
go to work and punch in the time clock. i learned about sales, leadership skills, and management skills. upper management and coworkers were always a joy to be around but also made sure everything was in order and was running smoothly.
Pros
make friends
Cons
long working days on my feet