Brookstone

Brookstone Employee Reviews

Can be fun, but can also be tough.
Lead Cashier (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, playing with products, massages, incentives
Cons: Slow shifts at times, cut down incentives, fluctuating hours, high pressure at times
Weekdays can be slow, but weekends fly by. Overall, the job is exciting, in the way that new products always come in, and you get to play with them. Sales goals can be demanding at times, and can even cost you your job. (You would have to miss your goal multiple times in a row) Sales incentives are okay, used to be better. Awesome employee discounts during the year.
fun place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMay 27, 2015
being able to understand the cash register,stock and being able to help the customers with all of their needs. learning and completing inventory for the stores.
Extremely fun and engaging workplace for a entry level job.
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee), CAMay 27, 2015
Great workplace for an entry level job. Lots of awesome gadgets and tech your forced to play with and get paid to do it! Definitely a great job to gain experience in hard sales and customer experience.
Hard to gain any advancement unless your extremely skilled or become lucky that positions become available and your the next possible candidate to fill the shoes.
Beware! Depending on your GM, Management can be an amazing team building experience where you gain retail mgmt knowledge and mechanical exp or, a nightmare where you become a superiors work horse and are delegated mindless tasks because of you "new title" and learn nothing of managing a retail store.
Great environment
Assistant Manager at two different locations (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMay 25, 2015
Cons: Pay
We all worked as a team, and though it was strict, we all still had a good time making our sales by having competitions on who'd make the most sales for the week.
Poor Managment
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2015
Poor management in this location and lack of business behavior and knowledge of the Assistant Manager. There are more task to do then actual sell when the ASM is available, They think tasks have priority over sell.
What a place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: treats, free lunch here and there
Cons: breaks were short
A typical day required a high Energy attitude and a desire to sell products to customers, i learned to always listen to a customer carefully, and work hard as though someone is constantly trying to outsell you! As far as management goes, they were great! The hardest part of my job would probably be selling luxury massage chairs. The most enjoyable part of the job would be talking to the customers and hearing there stories.
Great Holiday Work
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Product Discount, Flexible Hours
This is a wonderful company to work for during the holidays. Not only do you get to work with wonderful happy staff, but the perks of product orientation is awesome!
Fast paced work enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Guests/People were great.
Cons: Equipent breakdown was frequent.
start early in the morning. Make sure everyone is in place on the floor. Make sure we have everything prepared for the current day. Check email, do paperwork. Get on the floor and make sure all guests are taken care of. After the traffic would get slow, get back to paperwork, do daily deposit. Make sure everything is set for the next day.
Fun But not many hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jensen Beach, FLMay 8, 2015
Great day just less hours
How to handle difficult customers
management is wonderful
co-workers are wonderful
Lifting heavy boxes
dealing with enjoyable customers
Typical Day at Brookstone
Part Time Sales (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 7, 2015
Pros: Incentive Pay when sales goals are made.
Cons: Satisfactory Work Hours
-Worked to meet personal daily sales goals (ADS, UPS)

- I Learned:

How to make products a valuable asset to a customer
How to overcome objections from customers/language barriers
How to maintain good standing with daily sales goals.

I worked very well with management.

I cooperated with management to make the workplace a great place to work.

The hardest parts of the job were:
-Overcoming objections
-Obtaining satisfactory work hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job were:
-Meeting many types of people
-Making decent sales
Fun place to work
First Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAApril 23, 2015
I've loved working for brookstone, the products and people are all amazing. I've gained a lot of valuable experience while working for this company.
broostone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), newark international airportApril 20, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: new manager
it was a great job to work, 1st assistants were really great help they new what they were doing and motivated every employee to open up and grow as strong managers
cool place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2015
Brookstone is a job that requires an individual to be able to sale items and meet there goals by the end of the week. It is a really cool place to work at you get to meet a lot great people from all over the country.
Fair boss held employees accountable
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 2, 2015
Pros: You will learn a lot about the retail business
Cons: change methods of performance management too often
Treat their employees more than fair. Empower them to make their own decisions regarding the business. Best way to learn-learn through failure.
Resident Assisant (Current Employee), Aledo, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Interaction with residents and families
Cons: Low pay
I enjoy working there and the residents are great as well as my co-workers. I would recommend it to my friends and loved ones.
Fun workplace with cool electronics.
Customer Service/Sales Rep/Cashier/Stock Person (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Friends
Cons: Unorganized
Testing the electronic toys by playing with them.
Showing the new toys to customers.
Management was terrible. The assistant managers always complained and disagreed with each other on just about everything.
The hardest part of the job was the sales sometimes. You just get them people that don't want anything and want you to get out their face.
Most enjoyable part was the friends I made working at that job.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salem, NHMarch 21, 2015
Pros: sales incentives
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work includes greeting customers and assisting them with products. I learned how to understand the needs of the customer. My manager and co-workers were supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and making connections with them. The hardest part was selling a massage chair.
brookstone
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: never the same old routine, fast paced, always amazing products to look forward to. i even bought a few of their items!
An awesome company to work for. a sensationally fun, thrilling workplace, with friendly managers, and co- workers. Never a dull moment always something exciting, and new to look forward to! I would recommend anyone applying for a position with Brookstone!
exciting interesting store
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Destin, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: discounts on items
I enjoyed working at Brookstone very much. I enjoyed my coworkers and the customers that came in the store. I would encourage anyone to work at Brookstone.
fun atmosphere to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: new products to learn about
Cons: need more staff
i loved being around new people all the time. fun exciting challenging job. you can always find something neat or cool that the store sold. the location brought alot attractions especially tourists. everyone is friendly !!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Brookstone

Need a putting green for the office? How about an alarm clock that responds to your spoken commands? Then Brookstone is the place – Read more

Brookstone Salaries

$25,000 per year
Store Manager
$12.50 per hour

Brookstone Photos

An example of the Communication that I would need to talk to customers at Brookstone.