We are a partner to the international automobile industry and deliver our mechatronic systems and electric drives to about 80 automotive manufacturers and more than 30 suppliers. Approximately 21,000 employees work for Brose at 53 locations in 23 countries on all major automotive markets worldwide.
In the 2011 business year, our corporate group generated a turnover of more than 4 billion euros. Currently, Brose is the fourth-largest family-owned company among the top 100 automotive suppliers worldwide.
Through innovative capability, leading edge manufacturing technology and logistics, above all, through strategic investments and a stable ownership structure, we seek to have a long-term partnership with the automakers.
Ensure implementation and compliance of plant quality systems to required quality and environmental standards including customer specific standards and corporate tools for error prevention, continuous improvement and problem solving at all stages of product life. Responsible for quality and environmental system audit activities including preparation for and involvement in external audit.
- Implement quality and environmental systems and coordinate quality systems on-going maintenance and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure compliance of quality and environmental systems to all required standards including customer specific requirements.
- Coordinate and perform (as required) internal process and system audits.
- Provide consultation upon request for quality and environmental system gap-analysis, benchmarking, and/or customer complaints.
- Conduct regular warranty reviews with the production teams and the corporate warranty group ensuring corrective and preventive actions for any warranty concerns.
- Facilitate the consequent execution of implemented quality systems for error prevention, continuous improvement and problem solving by utilization of corporate tools (Problem Management Process, Top Quality reporting, warranty and field reviews)
- Regular update of internal, customer and supplier complaints in SAP Quality Module; generate failure cost reports and provide information on any relevant topics to top management.
- Create and update inspection plans for incoming purchased products. Train incoming inspectors and quality engineers on incoming inspection procedures. Review and improve incoming inspection activities.
- Create training documents on SAP Quality Module and train new Quality Engineers on SAP QM processes (Complaint management, Quality Planning, Failure costs, etc.).
- Validate and release measurement gages for new programs in application of statistical tools. Perform Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility studies on current and new gages.