Brosnan Risk Consultants Employee Reviews

Non Production
Fire and Life Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 14, 2018
They have nothing to offer. Just a job to get yourself started. After that run and don’t look back. One of the many worse
companies in the security field!!!
Needs a change in management
Armed Officer / On Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 31, 2017
The oversight from newyork is dissmal and this makes the company management in the south seem like the Wild West with the bully gang being that it’s an intimadating you want to work you do as your told how we tell you and you like it.
Pros
Start of post pay
Cons
Upper management
Productive and fun work place and good experience.
Concierge/Security Guard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
My Review is that Brosnan is a good company but I was just seeking for better career job better pay and benefits and I did enjoy working there at Brosnan
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Health care
Brosnan Risk Consult
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 6, 2017
Only issues I have at my current job is professionalism. I would like a job that is more hands on and up to date with work and schedules. I get a lot of hours so that’s good.
Terrible management and very unorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 5, 2017
I was fired because I accidentally hit the curb in result the tire went flat which was already needed to be changed when I first started and I was suppose to be on suspension and given a call but I was was told but a friend I repeat a friend I was fired and still haven’t heard from management yet
Worst company coming into the new year
Bank Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
I have a few words to describe this company work ethic its overall outlook on employee advancement etc. Horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible h
Pros
Pros ? Thiers non
Cons
Cons ? Thier all at brosnan
Only if you are needy
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
They offer even low wages to their Fire Safety Directors. Benefits that don’t even exist. Just a job to make little extra money. It’s better than nothing.
Pros
Cons
Everything about working for this company
The absolute worse job that I have had
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 14, 2017
UNARMED bank security at a bank that has been robbed at gunpoint 2 times! Not allowed to leave bank property for breaks! Offer 1 pay rate and get totally different rate! Have to wait for paycheck!
Pros
Cons
Supervisors and management are incompetent!
A very professional work place with high quality clothes.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2017
I personally enjoyed every single day I have worked there, I would walk around and if I find anyone needs help I would help them right away, also I look for any suspecious behavior. I have learned how to handle every situation calmly. My manger was very helpful because he handles situations in front of me and make me learn from it. I do not think that there is any hard part about my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we protect the stores and not lose any of the merchandise.
Great Job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2017
Depends on the branch but overall, a great job. There is no job advancement. You are on your feet for a minimum of seven hours a day. My supervisor is amazing though.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
On your feet for a minimum of seven hours a day
Horrible!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2017
Worst Company to ever work for. Management in Miami is horrible, and very disrespectful. They have no regards for their security officers, or their well being. They treat us like if we are robots. I am a veteran that served this country, and I take pride in it. I love to protect and serve the people of the United States. I swore an oath that'll always be part of me and that is to protect the United States, Foreign and Domestic. The biggest advice that I can give you, is not to submit an application. This company deserves to lose all contracts down in miami, due to poor management from the Doral Office.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything is bad!
Ex Employee
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2017
I have worked for this company for about a year and it's the worst job ever. Yes it pays good but lack of management and supervisor is so un professional, they are the most unorganized company
Call out sick and you will be fired
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  TraveledMay 22, 2017
I worked for Brosnan for a few years and the one thing that is a big negative is that if you call out sick they will take you off the schedule or automatically reduce your hours. They give you a hard time and all they care about is covering the shift. They don't care about their employees. I very rarely called out sick. The one time I did I was fired. Management is very sketchy. Hours will fluctuate and the typical work week was 24 hours a week. If you work at the banks with the possibility of first come first serve to potentially gain up to 40 hours. My hours fluctuated from 10 hours a week to 40. It wasn't stable. Do not recommend.
Pros
Cons
Hours fluctuated, not stable, fired for calling out sick
Very productive work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  65 broadwayMay 21, 2017
I have been working for the company for some time now it is a very good company and I look forward to grow with them I have been security supervisor and dispatch supervisor we all work as a strong team to get the job done
Pros
We get paid lunch
Cons
All guards must be in full uniform no exceptions
Loved working there
Fire Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 20, 2017
Lots of work. Easy hours, uniforms are easy to obtain. The coworkers and bosses were easy to get along with. And an understanding diverse work environment.
Pros
Easy and fun.
Cons
Some work areas arr constriction so cold and hot climates
Cant run they business right
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2017
This company really suck they need a betta pp...i work for.them for a day they took me off the schedule knowin ..i aint have no lincese and had me waiting til after new yrs..to get back on and then told me they didnt need me after i contact headquarter..dum company!!
Horrible Work Ethics
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2016
A typical day at work is like a slow painful death The guards are rude, late, and never prepared. Do not let me get started on HR and payroll. They are basically stealing hours!! Dispatch does not know what their job consist of.
Pros
No Drug test
Cons
No Respect
good sites
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYDecember 8, 2016
Management is uneven. some are nice, others less so. one does not always know what is going on or why one is evaluated positively or negatively.
good sites. retail
construction
banks
and
residential.
some nice supervisors.
Unprofessional Management!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
This company is very unprofessional, they take their sweet time giving you hours, not thinking people have lives as well. On top of that, you need a 24-48hr call out window otherwise you will get fired and they don't ever want to give you days off that you request and you have to give them a reason as if they're your father or of such sort. Don't get me wrong, $15/ph is good decent pay but its a catch 22 working for this company. Usually security companies give you 4 hour call out window as NY law states , but not this company. When you do favors for them and k.iss their as..s, they sure love you, however when its the other way around, they will hate you and dismiss you from your job. As another reviewer on here states, you literally have to have a huge ego working for these people. If you want to work for them, make sure you don't stay with them for long, they treat you like a number.
Pros
Cons
Shi.tty managers
A typical day at work
Security Guard (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
A regular day at work is helping customer with their requests and sending them to where they need to go inside the bank. Keeping calm and safe enviroment