Brosnan Risk Consultants Employee Reviews

One of the better security companies I've worked for.
guard (Current Employee) –  brooklynMay 11, 2015
Brosnan is a good place to work. If you do what your supposed to do they treat you well and give you many chances to advance. I would recommend them to any one looking for guard work. Good pay.
Pros
good pay, good supervisors
A company that offers Careers
Retail Security Guard/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 4, 2015
Brosnan offers careers. The flexible schedule that i'm allowed, helps with school child care. Brosnan's time management system allows me to do mutuals with other guards to help keep my schedule flexible.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Excellent Support
Cons
nothing
Best Security Company in NYC
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2015
The people at BRC have allowed me to work a secure job at a high pay rate. BRC provided my with an awesome set of uniforms that I proudly wear while on duty. The uniform helps me present a professional image. My supervisor, Mr. Willie, has always stops by to see if I need a break.
Pros
Great uniforms & great pay.
Great salary, Great sites, Great supervisors and a Great Management Team
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2015
While I worked for Brosnan Risk Consults/Brosnan Security, I was treated with the utmost respect from my supervisors. I earned a salary, higher than most security companies offer and always found it easy to reach the managers and even the owner.
Pros
High Pay, Management Support, Great Work Locations
Cons
I worked at a Construction site.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
I worked at a construction site, I was the only Security Officer working the one man post. I was their to make sure no one entered the site. This was a part time job that I had to make ends meet.
Pros
i was able to watch people pass by the site.
Cons
this job did not pay me double or time in a half for holidays.
Unprofessional and Unorganized
Security Offficer (Current Employee) –  Bardonia, NYNovember 13, 2014
Brosnan Risk Consultants is the worst security firm in NYC. There management is unorganized and unprofessional. Dispatch consists of security officers with a cell phone, schedule roster, pencil and paper, instead of state of the art computers in a office building. Instead you have either a supervisor with the schedule either in a Shanti or a Call A Head Booth making decisions. Payroll is used as a personal piggy bank with bounced checks. They take advantage of the foreign workers giving them $7 to $8/ an hour, reward the worst workers with the best sites and punish the best workers with worst sites. There is no recognition of seniority. Workers that have no experience which are favored get $15/an hour. If you don't embelish an ego high paying officers get canned, or laid off. Sites are lost due unprofessional officers and still have a job. No termination or suspensions.
Pros
if you work 6 mths to a year you get weekends off
Cons
no benefits except sick days which they still don't recognize.
good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Normal
I learned a lot about life
management is okay
co workers are fare
getting to work
getting out of work
Pros
everything
Great pay, great managers, great company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Brosnan Risk Consultants is a great security guard company to work for. They offer competitive pay, they always are looking for guards and their supervisors and management team are very helpful. Overall I recommend Brosnan to anyone interested in a security guard job.
Pros
competitive pay, helpful and understanding managers and supervisors
N/A
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2013
They always have work available and more than enough hours to earn in the week, but they don't ever seem to return guards calls or help with site situations. I like the sites and atmosphere and other guards were always a good experience working with but the managers and dispatchers were very unprofessional.
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
no management communication
Not the best place to work
Security / Concierge / Doorman (Former Employee) –  Bardonia, NYOctober 3, 2012
no breaks, long hours, Unprofesional Managment and employees.