Brother International Corp. Employee Reviews

touchdown
Solution Provider Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Demonstrates poor customer relations skills.
Frequently carries on personal conversations in person or on the phone while clients and customers wait.
very fun place to work great atmosphere
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working here the bosses are great so are the employees great lunch area can leave your car unlocked and not worry about it
Productive and great place to work
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 27, 2016
The people are extremely friendly and helpful... the atmosphere is not too stressful and this allows everyone to be productive and on time with their deadlines.

The legal department is like a family and they all are extremely helpful and one wouldn't mind communicating/collaborating with them.
No clear vision!!!
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNSeptember 27, 2016
If I were to rate this company on compensation alone, it would receive 5 stars, but unfortunately I am the type of person who requires a job in which I can excel, shine and most importantly, grow (both as an employee and as an individual). Though I admire the stated mission of this company's commitment to the environment and the communities in which they operated, the actual execution of their programs is fraught with chaos and frenzy. NO ONE KNEW WHAT THEIR JOB WAS!!! Most of the employees I encountered had been with the company for years (e.g., every month someone was receiving a plaque for 10, 15, 20 and 25 years), and yet when you asked them a question, they made it abundantly clear that the job/task had been thrust upon them, that they never received training and how hopeless it was to attempt any type of solution. I was told on several occasions, even by senior staff, that I was working way too hard! Although the benefits were excellent, I simply could not spend my days either doing nothing to the point of nodding at my desk, or running around in a panic trying to conceal a problem that should've been taken care of months before. The directors of this company really need to take a long look at their talent. Most of the senior execs were born to an era long before personal computers, and it's primarily a computer accessory company. Many of them don't even have an intermediate grasp of the software of the day!?!?!?

Apply here if you want your talents to waste away!!!
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
No clear vision, outdated unmotivated workforce hostile to change and newcomers
I enjoy my job, advancement oportunities are simply unavailable.
Help Desk/ Help Desk Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2016
My day to day work activities are very enjoyable, I would love to learn more and have the ability to advance, however management does not offer that opportunity. My co-workers are friendly, the hardest part of the job is not the job but the pay and benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job is the job itself.
Pros
Work is enjoyable
Cons
Short thirty minute lunch, the pay, the benefits are non existent almost
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2016
Well when i moved there it was very interesting to me i enjoyed working there my co workers were mulism and mexican it was a terrific experience for me to be around different cultures and beliefs they love me up there you know I'm a people person
Great Company!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJuly 8, 2016
Has always been a great company to work for if you are dedicated to exceptional personal performance.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Too many silos
It's a pleasure to work for a company like Brother International
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJune 19, 2016
Very good team work and work environment. Management and co-workers were open to proposed process changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see 300% increase of shipped products to the customers.
Pros
Professional management
Brother International Corporation
Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 16, 2016
With a dedication to product quality and excellent customer service, Brother International Corporation, the US subsidiary of Japan-based Brother Industries Ltd., is committed to an At Your Side philosophy with its customers, business partners and colleagues.
Different challenges each day which made the job interesting
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 5, 2016
The job was different each day, because there were so many things as a trainer that would arise. The co-workers were close knit and helped each other in any way possible. Some individuals are not the best leaders.
Pros
Bonuses and benefits
Cons
No opportunity to advance
four stars
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 31, 2016
The co-workers in my area would share the knowledge, and help when necessary.

The hardest part was that I could not get enough support to handle the production issues, which kept me from doing further development of the applications.

The enjoyable was writing applications, resolving production issues
Pros
Flexible hours, and good health care.
Cons
Would not allow telecommuting
Static management stifles innovation
Unix System Administrator / Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 29, 2016
Brother is a 50+ year old company with a management structure that has been relatively static for most of that time. Most mid-tier and upper level managers have been with the company for over 20 years and still make decisions as if the company was a "Mom and Pop Shop". Upper management makes decisions too slowly and often too late for full effect.
There is evidence that Brother is working to change this, but is again implementing changes too slowly and with lesser effect. This has demoralized much of the newer employees and increased new employee turnaround.
It is going to get worse before it gets better for Brother. If they manage to complete their 'purge' within the next two years, they should be able to reverse their downturn and become a more positive work experience.
Good Steady Environment
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 28, 2016
good place for people who like being busy

must be able to multi-task in order to survive

heavy workload with lots of meetings

senior leadership team unwilling to embrace change

limited opportunity for advancement
Pros
big company with small company feel
Cons
limited opportunity for growth
Unsatisfied
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJanuary 13, 2016
Nothing is enough and management is very rude. If you stand out they will try to find ways to get rid of you even if it's nothing that relates to the workplace productivity.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
Poor Management
Once upon a time a great place to work
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Brother was once a family type company that grew along with it's employees. Within the past 2 years Brother has changed and longtime loyalty is no longer recognized. If you have been with the company for more than 5 years you are considered dead weight and you are targeted to be dismissed.
warehouse wroker
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2015
packing and placing the right items for shipping. puting the riht items on the right convar belt to be shipped to the right side on the warehouse for shipping
Nice company - changing
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  bridgewater, NJOctober 5, 2015
Nice company and work environment. Changes and push for goals might impact efficiency and company culture. Goals might not be realistic without a reasonable plan and with committed staff. Work-life balance an issue.
Pros
Nice company, environment
Cons
Constant changes in personnel impacts business, leadership needs better definition
Fun Workplace
District Sales Manager, Western Region (Former Employee) –  So.CalAugust 19, 2015
SMB Focused Print Manufacturer, transitioning to the Multi-function print solutions space.
Great Brand recognition, well known in office space but channel struggles to maintain margin has been difficult
Pros
Great team
Cons
US Based division of Japanese company
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 6, 2015
Great benefits, good people. great training programs and employee benifits. What more is there I can say? I worked for Omnijoin, a web conferencing application based in the cloud
Pros
flexable
Cons
big corparation
Data Representative I (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TnJune 10, 2015
I loved working at Brother, they are good to their employees and they offer great benefits. The departments always worked as a team. Coworkers were family, we took care of one another. There was really no hard part of the job. I truly loved my job there. Over the course of the years, there were many changes to the department, always cross training fellow associates, so we were always learning something new, that way when your fellow associate couldn't be there you could fill in. Like I said team players we were! Miss them one and all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brother International Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Brother International Corp. Reviews by Location