Brother International Corp. Employee Reviews

Infighting and lack of vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJanuary 17, 2018
The company prides itself on it's customer service scores and quality of the product. However, internally, it's all about driving down costs, off-shoring jobs to the cheapest bidder, and keeping teams fighting against each other for the occasional approval of the leadership.
exciting
Director, Channel Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 9, 2017
Multiple product lines, great quality, strong marketing support from Japan. Different channels of distribution made every day interesting. Customer interaction was amazing.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
company turmoil
Enjoyable part time work.
Clerk (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 27, 2017
Fast paced, fun working environment. Data Entry, flexible hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was continuous work. Also entering time for employees.
Overall a great company to work for
Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 14, 2017
This company has great team members and an incredible potential. It is a great source of learning world-class business practices and habits.

High job satisfaction leads to little movement and limited growth potential. It does, however, rate high on job security.

There are some amazing Managers in this company who take a coaching approach to elevating the next generation of leaders. It is a great team environment with a high interaction between Sales and Marketing teams.
Productive and Comfortable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ 08807November 8, 2017
Team work makes the dream work! My colleagues all worked together as well as in their individual roles to finalize and accomplish the task at hand. They did not hesitate to lend out a helping hand, and/or point you in the right direction of where you needed to be.
Not a horrible place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2017
It's not bad for someone who is just starting out but they do treat their workers unfairly , they don't give raises as should and they don't take to their workers very well .
Great Place to Work
Sales Promotion Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work, but requirements for some positions are not needed. It singles out good qualified people they "could have" but don't get. Just because you receive a degree, that doesn't mean they are qualified to fulfill the position. It's very sad because I really did enjoy being employed there, but due to personal things going on, it affected my job. Which I should have been more honest with them, but I thought management would have informed Brothers HR people and the new management, but apparently it wasn't and I was laid off.
Brother was the first company that I truly miss working for.
Digital Content Specialist (Contract Position) (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 10, 2017
But they were going through some mamagement changes and that left departments unsure of what to expect. The HAD Department went through those changes and there was/is some uncertainty there. Overall though, it was a decent place to gain valuable experience.
Pros
work/life balance, cafe
Cons
busy selling season is just that, busy
Great Company
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 9, 2017
This is a great company to work for... The People are great. Lots of work but time goes fast. Private Kitchen with TV... Needs to hire permanently.
Pros
Private Kitchen with TV
Cons
Doesn't hire permanent positions
Divertido
Bussines (Former Employee) –  Rep dominicanOctober 9, 2017
Mi evaluacion exelente trabajador muy bien cuando se viene al trabajo exprirncr in telemarketing magesment and tenical suppor people pc customer sevice experiece in sales and diferent project of what i do am very happy person and i like to put goals to bill the company
Stressful and fast paced
SWAP Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 31, 2017
Very stressful.
Most of my management skills.
Moralle has dropped drastically.
Management doesn't reward excellence or good efforts.
Getting acknowledge for the goals achieved.
Good place
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 25, 2017
It’s agreat place to start only if warehouse is for you . They have temporary and permanent people have to meet the requirements to get permanent there
The bigger picture
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TN 38133August 16, 2017
Leaving was one of the easiest things ever to do. I don't regret anything about this job. Only the managers here really could learn how to be just that .
Pros
Easy laid back
Cons
A lot of gossip and rumors
Good company, need fresh outlook and be up-to-date on current trends and technology
Key Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 4, 2017
It's a good company to work for, great benefits, great people.
The mangement and factory need to have a fresh outlook on products and keep up to date with current trend and technology though. Needs stronger R&D and product development
Great job
Customer Service Representative sales (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
Brother is a a great job I just happen to be a temp if had a permanent position I would still be there I like that they promote within very laid back.
productive and fun place to work. Innovation was the first priority.
Senior Principle Engineer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38133July 12, 2017
Discussion of new technology. Learned problem solving and researching new technology. Management were very respectful. The hardest part of job was that none of our prototypes got to the market. They were very conservative to the market.
warehousing
Forklift Operator,Utility Worker, Recieving (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJune 12, 2017
My normal work the day for me was cool I did a lot by myself with no help and no pay raise no paid holidays or nothing

I learned a lot also in different areas

The hardest part of my old job was dealing with the negative people everyday

For the most part I love my job it was just the onsite manager n some dumb employees in the workplace
It was a great work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  TNMay 20, 2017
Working at Brothers was very easy. Everyone there worked as a team and the leaders had great leader and partnership. If I could go back I would because it was a easy passed job no rush at all.
Ambiente grato
Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Jersey EEUUMarch 9, 2017
Compañerismo y trabajo en equipo, enseñaban cada actividad
Technical Support
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMarch 3, 2017
Great place to gain entry level technical support skills. Ability to work with various Windows and Mac operating systems as they were released from the manufacturer.
Pros
great place for gaining technical skills
Cons
lay off date rumored but not given directly from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brother International Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Brother International Corp. Reviews by Location