Brothers Of Mercy Employee Reviews

People that live there are awesome
Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 9, 2017
I is an easy job to do but there are not really good benefits. Working conditions are great.Everyone is very nice and friendly. Fast pace. Employers are very nice and easy to talk to.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Health benefits
Former LPN
Fake coworkers (Former Employee) –  NursingOctober 14, 2017
I worked at Brothers for 2 1/2 years. Great benefits, great pay, excellent nurse manager, but the rest of the staff are back stabbers. You can’t trust anybody - they will get you in trouble in a heartbeat anytime they can. The long time employees just don’t take well to new people.
Pros
The benefits, and staff punctuality
Cons
Fake coworkers
unprofessional management
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 14, 2017
Work here if you desire:
Aides who dont do their job, criticism when you report it, management who are quick to put people on roxanol/ativan, management who castrate you over a missed initial in the mar or tar and then talk about you to other staff, computerless mars and tars (stone age), and employees who are miserable and unhappy. I left this place when I started to see all this. They are a 5 star facility because they dont admit people with large existing wounds or major heath issues, not because of the care they provide.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything else
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  ClearanceMay 15, 2017
I was taking care of someone family member, I always did my best to make them feel at home and safe since most of the time they were alone. this job taught me patience
Great place to learn
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYMarch 4, 2017
Great place to learn, I am a CNA, going to school for my nursing degree, they are flexible with my schooling and work with me. The managers are hands on and they know their units very well.
Pros
Cons
Needs updating
was a great facility to work for.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYFebruary 16, 2017
I started off in the Dietary department and worked my way up to a CNA. lots of room for advancement.. I bathed, toileted, dressed, feed, spent one on one time, did daily reports, etc.. The hardest part was getting attached to residents and watching them pass. It was extremely gratifying getting to know a resident and what they did through out life.
Pros
room for advancement, great benefits
Cons
combatible residents
Good Family Atmosphere and Rewarding job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYDecember 26, 2016
I like working here, the pace is good and the training is adequate. I like that they are not focused 100% on finances, like some other places. the quality of care is really good and they thank us and reward us more than other places that I have worked.
Pros
Good pay for a nursing home, close to home
Cons
could be stressful and demanding with the families
ok
Staff nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYAugust 28, 2016
Not really a friendly environment and not many people available to help. When I needed help I did not have any managers available to help. There was a "click" type staff.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
poor employee welcoming
i loved this job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYAugust 27, 2016
the trainer was very nice and helpful for CNA Training , I love my co- workers and nurses at this job there is a lot of team work hear I worked evening shift overnight shift .
Pros
lots of overtime and bounes
Cons
there's no bus line to this job you need a car
Fun work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYAugust 23, 2016
I did have fun but a lot of the staff did not want to get a long or help others out. I feel like the scheduling was unfair. Once I had a serious family emergency and they did not let me leave and thought they handled it uprofessional.
Pros
Meet some nice residents
Cons
Not great benefits
Its the best place to start a career as a nurse
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYMarch 16, 2016
I learned a lot working at BOM. The nurse managers made sure I was cmfortable before they let me do it on my own. I enjoyed working with everyone at BOM. Everyone got along. It was a big family.
Pros
Pay and environment
Cons
Pto, Requesting off, Holiday pay, Benefits
great staff
cashier. prep cook, supervisor for 6 years (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 25, 2015
enjoy everything about brothers of mercy.but don't have enough staff and won't hire more love the residents and theres families
Pros
great place to work
Cons
short staff
eye opening look at real life,rewarding to be there to someone in their time of life
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYJuly 21, 2015
Unfortunately i did not get a chance to experience the whole job,however at this very moment i am working on going back.
IThrough the past 8yrs i have worked with seniors on different levels from Assisted Living to daycare and in their home as well,what i found was i want to go back to Brothers Of Mercy i hope the will except me
Pros
Chance to be part of a great place
Cons
experienced none
fun place when greeting customer
Monitor phone calls to staff (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NyMay 13, 2015
Greet family members at front desk and check in visitors tell room numbers check videos for ambulances, answer multiline phone learned how to shut down floors in case of fire and close of elevators in case of fires and evacuate to seperate room . Check and monitor patients for wander arm bands
Pros
lunches, extra time if needed off
Cons
short break
Fun work enviroment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYMay 5, 2015
Easy job and fun work place. Everyone here is so friendly, it makes it easier for work. Hardest part of the job is getting your stuff done right on time.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Timed work
Very nice workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYApril 29, 2015
Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells. Turn or reposition bedridden patients.
Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, and standing, walking, or exercising.
Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary.
Staying busy from the time you come amd to the time you leave
Cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Clarence NYFebruary 15, 2015
i would work with the elderly people. i would dress them and feed them and transfer them when needed. i would clean them up when needed. my co workers were great when needed help.
Pros
loved working with the people
Cons
alot
learning experience
CNA (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYJune 26, 2014
Glad that I have had this opportunity to work here. I would like to work closer to home. Very satisfying work. Great co-workers.
Fun place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYJune 17, 2014
Management sucks!!! Great co-workers. Not many options for scheduling. They are not flexible.
very rewarding work
CNA/Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYFebruary 11, 2014
I was unable to get full time employment at Brother's Of Mercy therefore, I had to resign. But, I took the CNA certification course through them and became a CNA in December 2013
Pros
shifts went by extremely fast!
Cons
short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brothers Of Mercy. Our community is ready to answer.

Brothers Of Mercy Reviews by Location