Brotman Medical Center Employee Reviews

Flexible Work Schedule
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The work schedule at brotman is very flexible such that it fits perfectly into my daily life. Great colleagues. i have been able to grow in my career.
Productive and friendly place to work
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Very productive and everyone is very nice there. A lot of opportunity and management is very supportive. I really enjoyed working for Brotman.
Bad reputation
Behavioral and Detoxification Nurse (Former Employee) –  culver cityAugust 24, 2016
hopital has very bad reputation with the community, salaries are not competittive and management is not knwodegable to make it trun around. Benefits are not the most desirable for the staff.
Pros
big
Cons
bad reputation in the community
great places because people looked out for one another
Unit Secretary/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2015
data entry of DR orders,make sure all labs were on pt charts,keep up with pt broad, make sure i discharg pt out of computer when they leave and admit new one as they come, give out septra link phones to nurses and get them back at end of shift. i learned to be very patient here due to the over turn of many managers,
Pros
I got a chance to float to different floors to get a different enviromemt.
Cons
going thur so mant manager
Business office is stressful
Collections (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 2, 2014
Not a good place to work in the business office. if you're not there friend in the collection department they give you a hard time.
Lead Echo / Vascular Sonographer
Echo/Vascular R.V.T. Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Culver city, CASeptember 9, 2014
I am the first echo vascular technician to arrive every morning to the hospital, I organize and delegate all the studies for the other technicians and make the schedule. On a typical day I perform 8-10 studies, some stress tests and EKGs depending on the doctor’s orders.

I have learned to manage my department and coordinate with the other technicians and doctors. I have over 7 years’ experience and I am the senior technician in the department. I have learned how to optimize my time and my department.

I work well with all my coworkers and assist them with and issues or complications they might have and train students from various ultrasound colleges.

The thing I enjoy most is the satisfaction of knowing I made a difference in a patient’s life.
Pros
Job Security, Good Schedule, Good Coworkers
Busy community hospital
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 5, 2014
This was my first opportunity to learn case managment. I had a lot of support from my director, who was short-lived on staff. There were several fill-in managers from then on.

The nurses I worked with were experienced and very nice. This is also where I learned McKesson Interqual software whch has been useful in many subsequent case manager positions.

This was a closely knit hospital with opportunites for improvement in many areas.
Pros
Experienced staff, managerial support, education in new discipline.
Cons
Few non-working lunch breaks!
Nice people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 3, 2014
The People are nice and the pay was ok. Work was productive. The location was a liitle far for me at the time. But in a typical day we were busy and it was fun.
Pros
Productive and noce people Pay ok
Cons
Distance was far for me at the time.
Great Place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 5, 2014
Loved my job there and the 'family' type atmosphere it brings and attention to compassion and dedication to it's patients
Fast paced learning facility
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 19, 2014
A typical day at work begins by a thorough assessment of your patients. I immediately get acquainted with their history and physical and current condition so I can be of better assistance. When I come across any challenges, I can always look to my lead or coordinators for help. The hardest part of the job is knowing that some diseases or conditions cannot be reversed. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at some point in time, I contributed to providing comfort and excellent patient care to an individual in need.
Pros
Fast paced learning facility
Cons
When it is busy, it IS busy
Fast Paste& hard Work
EVS Worker (Former Employee) –  Culver CityApril 11, 2014
Cleaning and sanitize through out the most of the shift that would be a typical day. I have learned and was trained on the stripper and Wax machine the management at Brotman was enforce and was well ran. There was only 4 co-workers on the shift I work which would be grave yard and on Fridays and saturdays I was the lead so with that being said they were kind work hard and follow direction well. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay awake other than that everything else was common sense and what I enjoyed most was working with surgeons and doctors.
Nice place
Staff Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Taking care of critical care patients, monitoring labs result, calling doctors. Monitoring vital sign every two hours, daily assessment every four hours.I learn working together as a term, can make your wor and day so much easy. Didnt get too much into management,just a lot of malfunction machines and equipements to complete sudden tasks. The hardest part of the job, not enough help or staffs, used a lot of registry.The most I enjoyed was my coworkers and working together,
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short break or sometime no break due to short of help.
productive, and friendly enviroment
health information tech (Former Employee) –  culver city, californiaFebruary 5, 2014
productive work place with room to grow retrieving medical charts, analyzing, data entry, assembling medical chatrs, scanning, transcriptions, etc.
All aspects of Vasular Access to include extensive teaching
Manager of Vascular Access Team (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2013
I manage the Vascular Access Team that place over 1300 ultrasound guided devices each year. I am recognized by Administration, Physicians and all the Clinical staff as the expert in this specialty

I present to committees, write policies, review new techniques and products, attend and have presented at the annual INS and AVA conferences.

But the most enjoyable part of my day is always patient contact
Pros
autonomy and respect
Cons
increasing difficulty maintaining quality care in this modern heathcare enviroment
Student (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 22, 2013
It was a great way to be exposed to patients in the psych ward. I haven't had that experience until I rotated there.
Pros
Exposure
Reliable it was fun being there, I liked helping out.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 25, 2013
A typical day would be high traffic, in and out the building. I had to be on top of everything. Answering phone calls/ transferring calls,assisting visitors enforcing policies, dispatching calls and logging in activities.responding to calls assessing situation, monitoring CCTV camera screens.management was excellent.Co-workers where fun to work with.The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain people who didn't want to follow protocols.But at the end of the day I enjoyed how rewarding the job was. That we had control of every situation.
Pros
everything was good
Cons
No cons
Productive and learned a lot with regards to Finance
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 17, 2013
Since we are in Chapter 11 We need to pay every thing that we buy COD. A typical day was typing manual checks to include with the Purchase Orders to be sent by Purchasing Department. I learned a lot on how to allocate and request funding from Financing Company and to budget the existing funds previously granted by them. My co-workers are very cooperative and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was when you were given less funding than what you expected and you cannot provide the department the most needed supply of labor and materials needed at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was you met with top level management of the company everyday to discuss finances.
Teaches organizational skills
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles,CaApril 30, 2013
I feel that working at Brotman in the Medical Records department taught me great organizational skills, It taught me to be a better team player and the importance of being precise and responsible.
Pros
The opportunity to work closely with physicians and nurese.
Cons
Work environment affected my health.
Laid Back
Surgical Technologist clinical rotation (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 27, 2013
The OR employees are pretty easy going and so are the doctors. Unless you have money you will always be hungry. If you are a student, prepare to be the answer to everyone's mistakes even if you're absent or work in another department.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
sleep and sexualy deprived employees are super bitter and always looking for fresh meat.
Brotman Medical Center was an excellent Hospital to work for.
Chemical Dependency Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Interact with patients. Set Limits, Encouraged patients to go to groups.Dispense medications. The hardest part of the job was when a patient needed to go into restraints to protect themselves and or others. I learned how to interact with the nursing team and MD's in a more efficient manner.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brotman Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Brotman Medical Center Reviews by Location