Broward Children's Center Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 11, 2017
I worked at this place for a total of 2 weeks because I couldn't bear anymore. The place is basically a factory for unfortunate kids that have multiple catastrophic anomolies. For the kids that can talk, they are treated with a small amount of respect for fear of reprisal but for the ones that have no way of communicating the kids are roughed up by the CNA staff, especially at night. The management here is a joke, they change as often as the months allow because the culture embedded in this place...the state really needs to shut this place down...the turnover is constant...I have nothing positive to say about this horrific place.
Pros
Cons
I can't give it negative stars
This place is the worst place you could ever work.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLAugust 6, 2016
This is the worst place I have EVER WORKED. I wasn't trained at ALL, the children get away with everything because they are retarted, and the staff are very rude to everyone who is new and asks questions. Avoid this place at ALL cost because the turnover rate it insane. I only worked here for a few months and 10 or more staff got (SET UP BY STAFF TO GET FIRED OF LEFT). Nobody wants to work here because the pay sucks and so does mangment. This was the biggest regret of my life because most of the staff stat line and grab the children like they are dogs. This place is so depressing and a sad excuse for a school. PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COST.
Pros
The paycheck
Cons
Everything including the staff, kids, and parking situation
I enjoy the work environment
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 10, 2015
Although this is a per diem position it allows me to be employed year round. I have assisted with different cases which allowed me to gain skills working with different disabilities. I have fun with my clients and also make them feel comfortable.
Pros
Stregthening Relationships have helped me in this field
Cons
easy to become attached
The home health department is a great working environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pompano BeachSeptember 3, 2015
Great job for a new nurse. The home heath department will find you placement with a child that requires 12 hours nursing.This is a great opportunity to learn additional skills and build your confidence. The most enjoyable aspect is that you create a strong bond with your patients and their family.
Pros
One patient
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 21, 2014
Although I enjoy this position, I am looking for a position that will let me utilize my skills working with children that have autism.
Pros
Amazing Students
Cons
work hours are late
It is always a pleasure to work in respiratory field at Broward Children's Center..
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  200 S.E. 19th Ave Pompano Beach, FL 33060iSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy working in the health care field because I learn how to prioritize my tasks. I always have a good relationship with co-workers because we only have one goal to save live.The hardest part is when many patients need help at the sometimes you have to make the best decision.The most enjoyable part is when a patient is in distress you help him or her to feel better.
Productive and excellent work enviroment
Clinical Rotation Practicum III (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2013
I came across and worked with a diligent team of registered therapists that delivered exceptional care to their patients, well content with the management and work enviroment
Works in home health> always productive
LPN/RN (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 11, 2013
Typical day at work is working on your own with your client. Must know how to handle any type of emergency that may arise because you are by your self>
Rewarding job!
LPN Clinical Nurse (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 13, 2012
A typical day in the work place includes administering medications and treatments to medically needy students. Time management is essential as I am the only nurse in a school with 45-50 students with special needs. I also supervise CNA's that work in the classroom alongside ESE teachers as teachers assistants. The best part of my job is being apart of the students daily progress.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
no holiday, sick pay.
Fun and rewarding working with special children
LPN Clinical Nurse (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 9, 2012
My days entailed administering direct nursing care to medically fragile children in a preschool setting. I also train and supervise CNS's that work in the classrooms as assistants to the teachers. I assisted with intakes along with social workers and ESE teachers to determine the needs of new students. I maintain documentation and medical files daily. I also act as an advocate for all students attending.
Cons
no sick or holiday time. cannot leave facility for lunch.

Want to know more about Broward Children's Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward Children's Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6