Broward Children's Center Employee Reviews in United States

The home health department is a great working environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pompano BeachSeptember 3, 2015
Great job for a new nurse. The home heath department will find you placement with a child that requires 12 hours nursing.This is a great opportunity to learn additional skills and build your confidence. The most enjoyable aspect is that you create a strong bond with your patients and their family.
Pros
One patient
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 21, 2014
Although I enjoy this position, I am looking for a position that will let me utilize my skills working with children that have autism.
Pros
amazing students
Cons
work hours are late
It is always a pleasure to work in respiratory field at Broward Children's Center..
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  200 S.E. 19th Ave Pompano Beach, FL 33060iSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy working in the health care field because I learn how to prioritize my tasks. I always have a good relationship with co-workers because we only have one goal to save live.The hardest part is when many patients need help at the sometimes you have to make the best decision.The most enjoyable part is when a patient is in distress you help him or her to feel better.
Productive and excellent work enviroment
Clinical Rotation Practicum III (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2013
I came across and worked with a diligent team of registered therapists that delivered exceptional care to their patients, well content with the management and work enviroment
Works in home health> always productive
LPN/RN (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 11, 2013
Typical day at work is working on your own with your client. Must know how to handle any type of emergency that may arise because you are by your self>
Rewarding job!
LPN Clinical Nurse (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 13, 2012
A typical day in the work place includes administering medications and treatments to medically needy students. Time management is essential as I am the only nurse in a school with 45-50 students with special needs. I also supervise CNA's that work in the classroom alongside ESE teachers as teachers assistants. The best part of my job is being apart of the students daily progress.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
no holiday, sick pay.
Fun and rewarding working with special children
LPN Clinical Nurse (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 9, 2012
My days entailed administering direct nursing care to medically fragile children in a preschool setting. I also train and supervise CNS's that work in the classrooms as assistants to the teachers. I assisted with intakes along with social workers and ESE teachers to determine the needs of new students. I maintain documentation and medical files daily. I also act as an advocate for all students attending.
Cons
no sick or holiday time. cannot leave facility for lunch.

4.5