Broward College Employee Reviews

College student friendly
New-Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 26, 2017
You go to work, you do the work, you go to class, then go back to work. Its really flexible and quite amazing. Alot of activities to get involved with.
Excellent working experience
Nuclear Medicine Technologist INTERN (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 26, 2017
Good management, good salary and benefits overall experience is very pleasant. A typical work day is fast pace day goes by fast and co workers are very helpful everyone plays a good role as team members
Supportive Staff
Adjunct Reading Instructor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 25, 2017
Staff was extremely professional, however, extremely family oriented as well. I would love to return to work for them when given the chance. I highly recommend the junior college for any professional educator.
Pros
Many smiles and support
Cons
Great environment, fun, family oriented, and organized
Employment Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301October 24, 2017
A group of smart and trained professionals that is a pleasure working with.Students here are funny. It is beautiful. Cons: Not all people here are nice here though.The campus is HUGE and beautiful all at the same time. So far, I have had excellent professors who willingly assist and challenge me in the aspects within my major. Therefore, I am assuming that BC has the best professors out there, and there are even different kinds of people too.
Good Management Style
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 20, 2017
It is a good place work. The staff are fun to work with. It has a
flexible schedule and the compensation is absolutely gorgeous.
Very good atmosphere and good management style. There is job development strategies for the employees. The university provide on the job trainning
Its good for a Part Time Job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2017
Its good for a Part Time Job. They provided us with a break room with a fridge and a microwave. The work place is more relaxed. If you work less than a certain amount of hours you get a paid 15 min break.
Not bad
Work Study Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 12, 2017
It's not a bad job but don't always think you'll be doing some meaningful work, sometimes they just want you there essentially as a lackey. Not a difficult job but not something I could see myself doing for too long.
Pros
Scheduling, breaks, coworkers
Cons
Management, pay
Great place to work while going to school
Student Ambassadors Leader (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 11, 2017
The typical student at broward college is busy, hardworking and looking forward to transferring to a major university. The student has at least one job and even though he or she hopes to join clubs it is hard because they have bills to pay. It is expected that most students accumulate at least ten hours in the Academic Success Center for each of their classes. Overall, the students are intelligent and outgoing.
Great enviornment, perfect first job
Esl consultant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 10, 2017
Working at Broward college was fantastic! The wages were low, as I was part time, but the managers are understandable about if you need to leave on emergencies, and are full capable of working with sudden exams and making sure the workflow doesn't interfere with classwork. Added bonuses are easy days and meeting new and interesting college students. You wont get rich if your applying part time but the funds will help you live decently and you'll certainly be able to work and got school without issues. If available I would certainly like to work for the college again!
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 10, 2017
Great school. Clean and professional. Staff is nice and helpful. I attended night and morning classes. Always received help from instructors and peers alike

Want to know more about Broward College?

Ask a question
Data Entry
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLOctober 8, 2017
I learned about the amount of research and information that needed to be compiled into excel spreadsheets to determine the amount of financial aid and tax requirements students needed.
Passion-Driven Organization
Director, Communications and Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 4, 2017
Broward College is a higher education organization that is passion driven and student-oriented, above all else. There are warm and friendly faces everywhere doing important work.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 3, 2017
As a work-study position, it was a very flexible job that worked well with my busy school schedule. The supervisors are super understanding and want you to succeed in every aspect of your life.
Bad management, poor culture
Senior Student Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Employees are treated terribly by students and management. No sense of respect, career advancement, or appreciation. Decent pay and vacation time, but that is the only benefit.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Management, bad culture
Relaxed environment
UNIX/Linux Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Relaxed environment, fun place, tuition reimbursement, up to date with technology, was able to learn and implement new technology. Poor management, Dean of department wasn't fair and a little sexist.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Poor management.
Overall a good place
Lab/Resource Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2017
In my opinion is an excellent place for entry level workforce. management is very supportive and patient. Additionally, you will have plenty of time and resources to learn more skills.
Pros
The company motivates learning and skills improvement.
Cons
Lack of career advancement.
You'll learn a lot and meet and work with some great people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be looking over the numbers and benchmark against other schools to see if we are keeping up and find ways to improve services to students. The culture is very competitive but once you are doing what you get paid for you'll be alright. You are expected to constantly look for ways to improve your department and at time change what you are doing to meet upper management goals without any notice.
Pros
time off
Cons
You have to know the right people to advance
It was productive and fun
Student Success Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 16, 2017
It was fun and exciting working at Broward College.
It was always a learning experience;.
I t was very rewarding graduating the students every semester.
Pros
You can create fun events to help the students
Cons
My job was temporary
interaction with students
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Make sure that the students and staff are safe.I learned many things such as report writing and intervieew tatics. Management is well informed and very involed with student and staff. Workplace culture very organized an effective.Hardest part of this was exsort students to their car during a storm. I enjoy the most was a sense of family .
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Very Productive Days
Campus Safety (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Answering calls and dispatching the appropriate personnel to the scene. I would recommend this job to a person who is just trying to break into the dispatching world.