Broward College Employee Reviews

unappreciated
Adjunct Instructor/Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 17, 2016
I loved working with the students, helping them learn the material and seeing them succeed. However, advancement is impossible. The pay is horrible--nobody got a raise in at least ten years.
Pros
loved helping the students
Cons
very low pay, no opportunity for advancement, no respect from management
Excellent College
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Classes average 20-25 students, there is no job security as you are hired semester by semester as an adjunct, of course, this is standard. There is no possible advancement to full time.

There are 4 main campuses and satellite campuses.

Excellent managements skills on the part of the Deans.
Love my job not enough working hours
Clinical instructor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Broward College is a community in which diversity is valued and is equal opportunity employer. It offers programs to attract and retain talented and diverse professional staffs. As a part time clinical instructor I am not qualified for most of the programs. Benefits offers to full time employees .
Usually I am only on campus 2-3 days before each semester to prepare the students for clinical. The staff is great easy to work with each one, very helpful offer their assistance to most of the adjuncts. Our associate Dean has an open door policy. I do not have a hard part of the job because I love to work as a Nurse, love to teach, encourage and facilitate the students to success achievement and productive lives.
Pros
Encourage to further your education
Cons
Part time employees do not get benefits
Great place to work and stay current
ASC Customer Service/ Tutor at ASC Tutoring Lab (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 25, 2016
Flexible schedules that worked around your studies if you are a student.

Great schedule day or night shifts if you are a part-time employee

Management is very helpful and can be accommodating when needed
co-workers were excellent and very professional.

The hardest part of the job was there was no paid time off during mandatory holidays.

Working on innovative educational strategies to help make the curriculum exciting and interesting to students; then watching them Ace there exams!
Pros
Learning and staying current in academics while teaching it
Cons
weeks without pay due to mandatory non paid holidays for PT employees
Easy Job
Campus Officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 6, 2016
the job is easy, management and school dean have too much input in security. Overtime is given to their liking. Shop stewards are useless. And the secretary may adjust your pay if she don't like you. Policys mean nothing and can be fired easily if you don't follow in house rules even if its not in the policy.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management and staff is fake
Relaxing a
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2017
In a normal day I help students with their needs(computer,math, basic accounting, homework). The ASC has rules so no one is rude. Respectful place. No one hassles you. I get to help other with their
Pros
Not hard
Cons
No benefits
Stressful environment
Financial AID Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 10, 2016
Very Hostile environment to work in. You face a lot of irate students on a typical day. Just know patience is a virtue if you decide to work here. Never argue with the students. Always try to give the best service that you can. The supervisors don't communicate very well with the employees which makes it very hard for the employees to communicate well with the students. Even though I learned a lot of valuable information and skills from the people i worked with overall i had a terrible experience. Bottom line is if you do not work well in a stressful environment, this is not the place for you.
Productive and engaging with students while still having a excting time at work, also dealing with non students such as faculty and parents.
Orientation Leader/ Office of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 29, 2016
1) A typical day would consist of engaging, assisting and informing students opportunities around the college.
2) I learned to how to be a professional and a representative of the institution in which will help with conducting productively and responsibly in the work place.
3) Management was very helpful in guiding us to become young adults and teaching us the proper ways to work in a professional setting while still enjoying what we do everyday with the "FISH Philosophy".
4) Coworkers were exceptional to work with and have become very close friends due to the bonds that are created through a teamwork environment.
5) The hardest part of the job is to consistently remain positive even when things don't work out as planned, that is also important because it helps us smile and address individuals with the best customer service once they walk through the doors.
6) The most enjoyable part about the job is the environment you arrive to everyday; friendly faces, teamwork excises and overall a fun and productive work environment.
Growing college with great employees!
Planetarium Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 26, 2016
When I first started working at Broward College, it was Broward Community College. During my time there, the college expanded to include several four-year programs.

As for my time there specifically, I worked part-time at the Buehler Planetarium and Observatory (BPO), where I presented shows in the planetarium, guided stargazers around the sky at the observatory, and worked on whatever other projects my bosses asked me to do. Resources like the BPO are somewhat rare, so I always respected Broward (Community) College for funding its scientific gem.
Pros
College employment
Cons
Can be difficult to get hired full-time
This too shall pass...
Lead Campus Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 24, 2015
Management driven policies are driving the organization to the bottom of the ocean. Meanwhile, some of the best talents are jumping ship. As the institution continues to move to toward a corporate model, it is losing the community paradigm it was once known for and valued. There is either a lack of care or maybe it’s a strategy to undervalue employee, or no one just has not gotten a clue on how to move the ship away from this wreck.
Pros
Work/life balance is somewhat flexible.
Cons
The pay and benefits are horrible. The margin for career advancement is very small.
I was a Full Time College Student while I was running my business as an AirBnB bed and breakfast
Full Time College Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 23, 2016
Amazing College to study.

I learned about management and customer service skills and communication skills have my own scheduled from work and allowed me to study full time to obtain my AA in Liberal Arts.
Pros
I learned much how to deal with my business
Cons
Ready to start my Bachelors in
A workplace which is fun and I can grow in my skills where becoming a valuable assest to my company and also myself.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day; I love the mornings. You will find me actively communicating with the professors, seeking to find out what are their plans for the week, meeting with my supervisor(s) to discuss the needs of the organization. I learned that time management is a precedence in getting things done while increasing your focus, which improves your productivity.
I believe with any job there are easy and difficult parts. To me the hardest part of a job is the beginning; not knowing what to expect and how a company actually flows until you get your feet into the door. However as time goes on, I realize that it's just a matter of facing something new and enjoying the process.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people, so many different personalities. Some may be more challenging than others,but nonetheless it is a rewarding experience. It teaches me patience and understanding, which has been a valuable asset to me, in trying to attain the needs of everyone.
Productive and teaches a lot
Lab Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Broward college is cool to work for. my coworkers were really nice and they helped me to learn the ins and out of my job and I appreciated that . There was really no cons to the job except that its a job for someone with not much responsibility based on the hours given.
Fair working environment
Lab Tech P/T / Teachers Assistant P/T (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 22, 2016
• Assistant to the operations manager of the Coral Gables T- Square branch
• Responsible for billing, bank deposits, customer relations and day to day production, supervised a staff of 10
• Recipient of Employee of The Year Award for 3 years
Pros
Learned a lot about production
Cons
Long working hours
fun work place
Credit and Collections, Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Great staff and professionals. No other better place to work. every month a new activity for all employers. great training, great team, great managers.
Pros
free lunches
Seasonal Work
Proctor Specialist Temporary (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 13, 2016
This is a fun great place to work. When its registration time.
After registration is over things slow down drastically and there is literally nothing to do.
Pros
Get to associate with the students
Cons
Slow after season
Fantastic
Orientation Leader/ Office of Student Life (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 29, 2016
Couldn't have asked for a better first job to work at as an first time college student. Student Life provides multiple college students with the option to work independently and with new students.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 13, 2017
your co-workers are the best thing about working at Affinity. Owners need to invest more in there employees, so they are encouraged to performe excellent and provide best customer service.
Supervisor Academic Success Center (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 30, 2016
A very productive work environment. Learned a great deal from leadership and work alongside very humble coworkers. I can't say that their was a part of my job that was difficult.
Pros
fun work environment
Fun to teach and learn
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2016
My typical lecture engages students in a myriad of subjects within the field of psychology.

Teaching can and is bidirectional.

I have learned from my students as well as teaching them the fundamentals of basic psychology.

I learned that engaging my audience, one must consistently and methodologically attend to each person, even in a large classroom setting.

This means balancing out relevent questions while balancing the general knowledge of the classroom.

I have enjoyed the multicultural aspect of the management at this setting.

The most challenging part of this position was getting hired the day prior and having the responsibility to students to create syllabi and presentations and reading the required textbook to freshen up on what I was about to lecture.

The most enjoyable part of this job, like therapy, is knowing when a difference is made and a student actually learns from my lectures. I have been personally moved when students have taken the time out to thank me and explained that psychology was broken down to be understandable in what can be abstract and sometimes complex to undergraduate students.
Pros
Interracting with students of many backgrounds
Cons
Adjunct professor does not come with health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3