Broward College Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, flexible place for a student to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Working at Broward College is the best thing I've ever decided to do. I love he people they genuinely care about you and your well-being, they treat you as equals and not as if "youre under them". This job is wonderful, I wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world!
Fun to teach and learn
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2016
My typical lecture engages students in a myriad of subjects within the field of psychology.

Teaching can and is bidirectional.

I have learned from my students as well as teaching them the fundamentals of basic psychology.

I learned that engaging my audience, one must consistently and methodologically attend to each person, even in a large classroom setting.

This means balancing out relevent questions while balancing the general knowledge of the classroom.

I have enjoyed the multicultural aspect of the management at this setting.

The most challenging part of this position was getting hired the day prior and having the responsibility to students to create syllabi and presentations and reading the required textbook to freshen up on what I was about to lecture.

The most enjoyable part of this job, like therapy, is knowing when a difference is made and a student actually learns from my lectures. I have been personally moved when students have taken the time out to thank me and explained that psychology was broken down to be understandable in what can be abstract and sometimes complex to undergraduate students.
Pros
Interracting with students of many backgrounds
Cons
Adjunct professor does not come with health benefits
Great Customer Service
Computer Center Front Desk and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Helping students, with different type of issues.Connecting them with other Departments. It is nice environment to work for, coworkers and boss they are really nice. The only problem I only get 20 hours per week.
Pros
Interact with students from different background gives me a great experience.
Cons
Only few days to work during the week.
Broward College Review
Administrative Assistant / Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 1, 2016
I would work with students and professors creating student evaluations. I have worked with Microsoft word and Microsoft excel.
College Database Systems
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 30, 2015
• Accomplished student’s needs regard online courses
• Modified and added new classes for Florida’s Virtual Campus
• Updated and added course notes to reflect instructors Course Preview Page via the College Database Systems with approximately 500+ sections for 3 terms
A great place to work with dedicated professionals
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 29, 2015
The support staff and other faculty were incredible to work with. The students were eager to learn and were grateful for the opportunity to excel in a college environment.
I am a broward College graduate, and it is one of the best local colleges.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 28, 2015
At Broward College, we are like a big happy family. I can call my supervisor at any time day or night. I am proud to be part of the staff.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working there as an undergraduate. They work with your schedule so that really helps if you're taking classes. It was a very chill environment.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No cons
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2015
Good school, I attended as a student not an employee, I furthered my education gaining more credits in Literature. The teachers were wonderful and I received a good bit of knowledge whilst attending
This too shall pass...
Lead Campus Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 24, 2015
Management driven policies are driving the organization to the bottom of the ocean. Meanwhile, some of the best talents are jumping ship. As the institution continues to move to toward a corporate model, it is losing the community paradigm it was once known for and valued. There is either a lack of care or maybe it’s a strategy to undervalue employee, or no one just has not gotten a clue on how to move the ship away from this wreck.
Pros
Work/life balance is somewhat flexible.
Cons
The pay and benefits are horrible. The margin for career advancement is very small.
tutoring
tutoring math and statistics (Current Employee) –  coral springsOctober 22, 2015
tutoring is something I have a strong passion for because it gives me a chance to help others. impacting some ones live for the better is a great feeling
Pros
help a student achieve their goals in getting closer to graduating
Cons
when a student has come to seek help, and its to late and see the disappointment on their face is heart breaking.
Management is very rough and alot has changed
Admissions and Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  admission and registrationOctober 21, 2015
overall with Broward College I am glad I am able to learn and work with people. I am honestly just ready to make my change and learn alot more.
Pros
works with my school schedule sometimes
I got paid to go to school with excess scholarship money.
Student (Former Employee) –  HollywoodOctober 14, 2015
Simply by maintaining good grades and effectively spending my time in school, I was able ot make enough for basic necessities.
Campus Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  DavieOctober 7, 2015
Best place to work. Beautiful campuses and very friendly people. Always committed to student success!
Technology edge and latest software applications.
Productive place to be
Admission officer (Current Employee) –  coconut creekOctober 1, 2015
A great place to be, people get to help great student and family staff. I've learn so much about people, Working with a productive staff is always a A+ in my book
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
part time no health insurance
Hours slashed
Marine Production Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Can't keep a Dean. Student walkouts every year, Instructors not Safe or know the Marine industry. No inter office cohesion.
Pros
Set Hours
Cons
Zero Bennefits
love bc
student (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2015
great school to attend ..downtown campus that is.. i started in 2015, and ive been very pleased with the downtown campus so far. all if the teachers are great as well
Excellent Place to work for moms
Full-time Faculty and Honors Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 9, 2015
If you are a mom ---this is the BEST place to work! They have a preschool on campus and you have the best colleagues. You can even go back to school, if you desire. The pay is not that competitive, but you will feel like family and have an easy workload.
Ok place to work in
Assistant / Learning Resource Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 31, 2015
Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
Over all good place to work.
Assisting Police (Current Employee) –  111 east las olas blvdAugust 22, 2015
From Management down to the cleaning crew Broward College employees are genuinely good people to work with. There's always room for improvement but it's usually something very minor that can be resolved quickly. In a nut shell I'm happy here at B.C.

4.4