Broward College Employee Reviews

Loved it.
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 27, 2017
I loved the culture at Broward College. Great colleagues, campus, and students. I enjoyed going to work every day and if it hadn't been a temp position, I would've stayed.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement for full-time perm employees.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Great Place
Relief Advocate (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLApril 24, 2017
Great Place. Great staff. Great location. This place is a great place to work. The students are respectful and easy to get along with. There are more than one location.
Pros
work
Broward College Review
Testing Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 20, 2017
Great experience, love working with students and supervisors are always willing to help. I enjoy motivating students and taking my time to properly assist staff member's with anything that is going to fully contribute to improving the school system, and work environment.
Safe place
night shift, part-time — Admission (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 10, 2017
I love what the have done to the place such as remodeling. I love the math lab answer keys books.
People there was okay but not very helpful. but i went school there.
Productive , challenging , mentally stimulating environment
Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 7, 2017
When I started working at BC, I was a fresh graduate. I came with little experience but enough subject oriented knowledge. Broward college as well as PBSC provided me with ample opportunities for career development workshops. Today I am a competent science teacher with enough knowledge on class room management , student motivation, and technology to help students overcome their hurdles to achieve success in their endeavors.
Pros
Relaxed yet challenging
Cons
salary
It was a great experience
Dance Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 5, 2017
I was fortunate to work for a short period of time but it was nice working with my Dance Director. She is such an inspiring individual and was able to always motivate me to be better. It was unfortunate when the school eliminated my position after one semester.
It was an honor to be part of BC one of the best 10 colleges in the country
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLApril 4, 2017
Excellent support from supervisors
High level of professionalism expected
Given independency to develop clases under their standards
Students are committed to succeed
Plenty of resources succed
Great College....very stressful
Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 27, 2017
The people who work here are extremely committed to education and the students. It is a very stressful work environment. If you want to be in education and are committed to the students and you thrive on stress, this is a great place to work.
Pros
People and commitment to education
Cons
very stressful
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Broward College when it was Community College. The people were down to earth and very helpful. This school really did make a huge difference in my life, I will never forget the time I worked here.
Pros
Great Place to work
Okay work environment
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 1, 2017
The manager i had at the time i was there didn't care about employees personal growth. He would not accommodate schedule to allow his staff to go to school.
Pros
The benefits were great
Cons
Bad Supervisors

Want to know more about Broward College?

Ask a question
fun work place
Credit and Collections, Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Great staff and professionals. No other better place to work. every month a new activity for all employers. great training, great team, great managers.
Pros
free lunches
Relaxing a
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2017
In a normal day I help students with their needs(computer,math, basic accounting, homework). The ASC has rules so no one is rude. Respectful place. No one hassles you. I get to help other with their
Pros
Not hard
Cons
No benefits
Excellent College
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Classes average 20-25 students, there is no job security as you are hired semester by semester as an adjunct, of course, this is standard. There is no possible advancement to full time.

There are 4 main campuses and satellite campuses.

Excellent managements skills on the part of the Deans.
Productive and teaches a lot
Lab Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Broward college is cool to work for. my coworkers were really nice and they helped me to learn the ins and out of my job and I appreciated that . There was really no cons to the job except that its a job for someone with not much responsibility based on the hours given.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 13, 2017
your co-workers are the best thing about working at Affinity. Owners need to invest more in there employees, so they are encouraged to performe excellent and provide best customer service.
Seasonal Work
Proctor Specialist Temporary (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 13, 2016
This is a fun great place to work. When its registration time.
After registration is over things slow down drastically and there is literally nothing to do.
Pros
Get to associate with the students
Cons
Slow after season
Stressful environment
Financial AID Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 10, 2016
Very Hostile environment to work in. You face a lot of irate students on a typical day. Just know patience is a virtue if you decide to work here. Never argue with the students. Always try to give the best service that you can. The supervisors don't communicate very well with the employees which makes it very hard for the employees to communicate well with the students. Even though I learned a lot of valuable information and skills from the people i worked with overall i had a terrible experience. Bottom line is if you do not work well in a stressful environment, this is not the place for you.
Fantastic
Orientation Leader/ Office of Student Life (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 29, 2016
Couldn't have asked for a better first job to work at as an first time college student. Student Life provides multiple college students with the option to work independently and with new students.
Fair working environment
Lab Tech P/T / Teachers Assistant P/T (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 22, 2016
• Assistant to the operations manager of the Coral Gables T- Square branch
• Responsible for billing, bank deposits, customer relations and day to day production, supervised a staff of 10
• Recipient of Employee of The Year Award for 3 years
Pros
Learned a lot about production
Cons
Long working hours
Enjoyed working at this excellent institution.
Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2016
Great employer. Learned a lot. Provides excellent education to both students and staff. Fun atmosphere and cares about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4