Broward College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 15, 2017
Broward College is a great academic institution, but like most, salaries are very low for the adjuncts. But the deans are wonderful and the students are great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low wages
Excellent higher education institution! Great career paths!
President Broward College North Campus-Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 13, 2017
Opportunities for advancement are significant. Culture of excellence with great work life balance. Diversity is celebrated at this institution. Student success is the primary goal.
Pros
Scholarship
Enjoyable position
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 5, 2017
My most enjoyable job aspect was that the students were so dedicated and hard-working.

I did a great deal of on-line teaching as we came into online classes, but the classroom itself was much more beneficial to all with one-on-one contact and connectivity to the internet for music videos and other technology.

I learned class-room management skills and a great deal about many different cultures.

Management changes often, which was the most difficult part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the wonderful students.
Pros
great students and great classroom facility
Cons
changes in management
Good place
Campus Safety Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309August 3, 2017
The job is cool to go to, the work is easy to learn. I would recommend this place to someone looking for a job. They help you to be prepared for your future.
Cons
No lunch break
Supportive Management!
Asst. Event Coordinator (Student Life) (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 1, 2017
The work environment at Broward College is beyond wonderful. I felt comfortable and supported every step of my college and professional career at Broward College.
Pros
Balanced work load and support for growth. Also, super fun work environment with perks of free lunch!
Cons
Not many benefits and pay is very basic.
Work
Student Work Study (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL 33314July 20, 2017
I love working at Broward College. They treat me with respect and they work with my school schedule as well which is great for me; to be balance the two
Great Experience
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2017
This is one of the standards in Florida Colleges. Here you can have a great support system for students and staff. the hardest part was moving away and not being able to continue working there.
What i learned to aide me professionally
Campus Safety Corporal (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 7, 2017
I have learned how to function professionally under a hostile work environment. The importance of documenting disparities and reporting appropriately.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
very nice
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 6, 2017
This place is very nice. I had fun working here and the people were very nice and obediant. The pay wasnt all that good because of course its florda but overall I like it
Excellent Learning Environment
Director, Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 6, 2017
Broward College is an excellent community college and employer - good opportunities, supportive managers, and amazing benefits. Where else do you get the backing of education to your profession, plus two weeks off at Christmas and one week at spring break?
Pros
ample vacation and holidays, great benefits, flexible environment
Cons
Federal and state funding can sometimes affect budget.

Want to know more about Broward College?

Ask a question
Excellent Place to Work
Aviation Support (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 30, 2017
Broward College is an excellent place to work. Great people and a very good environment. Family oriented, fair and enjoyable. Very organized and structured as well.
Art Department at Broward College Central is nice
Sculpture Professors Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 27, 2017
its a nice place with many inspiring art pieces, the facility is quite large and resources are plentiful, the only bad thing is theres no copy machine available to students in the art building
Pros
if youre an artist you can use the facilities as you work on your own projects
Cons
not enough hours
Campus life
Lab Tech P/T / Teachers Assistant P/T (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 22, 2017
Very good educational environment with team work and cooperation first on the list. Free workshops to increase your knowledge and computer skills. There is always something new and exciting happening on campus. This year Broward Collegewon an award for academics
Entertaing and clean workplace. Pool
Swim Instructor, Broward College (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 16, 2017
Worked with student of various ages and cultures. Learned to modify class content due to weather and various skill levels. Assistant dean was always available.to assist with equipment and administrative duties. The hardest part of the job is weather restrictions. Most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Pros
Opportunity to exercise
Cons
no healthcare, restrictions by the weather
Productive.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 15, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with staff and students.The workplace culture is very professional and fun. I love coming to work everyday. The benefits are great too.
Benefits
Cons
Very hard to get a Full-time position
workplace
Assistant Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2017
Flexible schedule and calm workplace.Learned a lot about social media marketing and branding.The workplace is very diverse and accepting of everyone.A great place to work at.
Fun and interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 8, 2017
Fairly fast paced especially at the start of each new semester. A lot of filing and basic secretarial duties.
I was able to learn how class schedules work, how to add and drop students as well as set them up with remediation when they needed.
The Dean was a very intelligent person and I was able to learn a lot from her, not just on educational but every day life as well. She came off as having an abrasive personality but genuinely had a huge heart. Most of the students were amazing and a great laugh, I was able to build some great friendships with both students and co-workers.
The hardest part was always at the start of the semester. All in all it really wasn't hard, just very busy. There were a few times when our system went down and that was pretty stressful, but we always figured it out.
The lunches and meetings were usually great! I am very happy to say that I was able to build some life long friendships.
Pros
Fun, kept me busy
Cons
When the system would go down
Extremely concerned students
New student Orientation staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2017
The work environment was complex but stimulating students had pompous questions. Learning was the nature of the environment. The technology was functioning properly power-points was created to teach new incoming students. Management was there to help in difficult situations. The hardest part of the job was getting students to remember what they learned. Enjoyable part of the job was being able to use my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Time Limited
Hardworking and helpful environment.
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work is just interacting with students and assisting them with registering them for school. I have learned how to work well with others, how to manage time, and how to become more organized. This job is quite manageable but it will get a bit hectic around the time of registering for the school. The most enjoyable part of the job are the workers; they are very nice, friendly,funny, kind, and willing to help you with any difficulties that you're having.
A good place to teach.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 25, 2017
Broward College used to be Broward Community College. They have graduated to the new name and it shows. The work environment is professional and they are up to date with the latest technology. The administration is supportive but stays out of the way. I recommend it for professors and students alike.
Pros
Flexible, wide range of subject matter.
Cons
They distribute their courses to adjuncts, so good luck getting a full-time job.