Broward College

My work day includes:
• Creating vendor contracts
• Negotiating contracts
• Attending committee meetings
• Planning events/programs for students with students
• Purchasing marketing material and – more... giveaways
• Meeting/training student leaders
• Following up with vendors
• Running events
• Making and implementing budget plans
• Address student complaints
• Supervise student staff
• Perform additional on call duties as the closing supervisor

I have learned to successfully self manage, work with a team of diverse individuals, and plan great programs/events on a small budget.

It is always a bitter sweet time for me when a student leader graduates.

I love being able to make events come to life. It is always rewarding to see my vision successfully become reality. – less
Intrinsically rewarding job.
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLJune 13, 2015
The biggest benefit from this job is that you get to help others understand difficult subjects while you keep yourself refreshed in the knowledge of the subject matter.

My co-workers were mostly other – more... students like myself, retired teachers, current teachers working evenings and weekends or experienced tutors.

I learned a lot about communicating with others, learning styles and study skills.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with a great number of highly stressed out students seeking help at the last minute before finals and exams. You have to be extremely patient because a lot of them have no interest in the subject.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to help and the management is sensitive to your scheduling needs which was great while balancing full time course load and the job. – less
Volunteer work
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLMay 27, 2015
I would follow the Creative Curriculum with the age group I was assigned to. I learned a lot about how to handle certain situations with children, parents, and co-workers. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was that fact that I did not have any experience in a child care center but I was able to learn a lot.
Educational Sector
Computer Science Teacher (Former Employee), Davie, FLMay 24, 2015
I started off at the college as a lab proctor. After graduating with a Bachelors and earning a few IT certifications, I became a desktop technician for the whole campus. It was at this time that I was – more... given the opportunity to teach in the Computer Science department. It was a very gratifying role to be an educator. With working as a tech in parallel, it gave me many stories on how the material that we were learning can be applied in a real work situation. I went on to obtain a Masters degree while working at the college full-time and teaching. The work environment was very laid back and more like family. It was a difficult decision to leave, however, I wanted to use the knowledge that I had acquired about Networking and there were no vacant positions at the time. So I resigned and transitioned into the corporate world. – less
Great School Environment
Associate in Arts (Former Employee), Laurel, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible, great learning resources available.
Cons: N/A
Broward College is a great facility to acquire a bachelor's degree. It is a friendly atmosphere and has dedicated teachers. The classes are offered in a variety of times and locations to accommodate the different schedules of the students. I look forward to graduating from here with a B.S. and would like to continue my education to receive a masters degree.
Campus
Adjunct English Professor (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 13, 2015
Every learning environment presents a variety of minds, varied not only in abilities, but
learning methodologies. My duty as a Professor is to give students tools in which to cultivate
their comprehension – more... and overall knowledge. Accomplishing this goal is paramount. Teaching
to the needs of every student and embodying a sense of achievement is my goal. Presenting
specialized and fresh curriculum, that involves the interests of the students, while making
learning integral to their everyday life experiences takes a broad approach. I will incorporate
themes, integrated units, projects, group work, individual work, and hands-on learning in
order to make students active learners. My moral responsibility includes, nurturing students
to become caring and active members of society. – less
Exceptional place to work
financial aid assistant (Former Employee), coconut creek, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: pay
Great benefits provided. Many opportunities to transfer from one department to another. Also, raises are provided on a yearly bases. I would recommend this location to anyone.
Flexibility at Broward College
Tutor (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FloridaMay 11, 2015
Working at Broward College has been a great experience for me, especially with the flexibility it allowed me to have while I was attending school. One of the things that I learned is patience in dealing with the students, especially when the initial information relayed was unclear.
fast paced but flexible hours
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee), Davie, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks and long standing times
Fast paced easy job. They were able to adjust every ones schedule to their class schedules. They were very nice and easy to work with. it was a lot of standing
Very good work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 1, 2015
The college provides the most up-to-date technology for their students to learn. Management are very helpful in providing information needed. The support staff are quite friendly and supportive. I would say the hardest part of the job is having to fail students. Seeing students work hard and get the grade that they strive for is most enjoyable.
A learning enviroment with daily productive skills
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Davie, FLApril 22, 2015
An enjoyable part-time place of employment where you can learning challenging techniques everyday. The employees are kind and friendly.
Fun workplace
Broward College Ambassador (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 21, 2015
Working as an Ambassador was a fun experience for me. I learned a lot and I had the chance to develop my leadership and communication skills.
Broward College
Adjunct Economics Professor (Current Employee), Coconut CreekApril 15, 2015
I teach Macro and Micro Economics at Broward College. Wonderful school to work for. I'm looking to move into a different career with more stable pay.
nice
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), coconut CreekMarch 21, 2015
this was a workstudy job for me so it was cool at the time. nothing too crazy just a bunch of kids trying to get there financial aid situations taken care of
Great place to work at
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Davie, FlMarch 20, 2015
It was a great place to work at. The work environment was very relaxed. Co-workers were also great. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students succeed in their math courses
Productive/Fun Enviroment
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2015
My days were spent filling papers and assisting student in the enrollment process. Tasks become tedious but bearable.

The hardest part of the job was turning people away to complete the enrollment process – more... correctly. This sometimes lead to telling some individual they weren't eligible to attend.

What I enjoyed most was meeting and hear the stories of the many students that came through admissions. – less
Respect for faculty and encouragemebt to strive to the highest levels of teaching remaings Broward's strength for those seeking employment.
Professor of Geology (Former Employee), Coconut Creek Park, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: a faculty dedicated to the first two years of college. all faculty possess at least a masters degree
Cons: course choises and library not as large as major universities.
Broward College remains a community college first and foremost.
Its adherence to strict policy in faculty search is perhaps its strength which guaranties the top tier of faculty. Also, Broward has an advantage over many colleges in its hiring by its location in South Florida and reputation. It ranks as one of the countries top colleges.
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 28, 2015
An environment full of energy and willingness to complete tasks at hand.
Better work culture
Lead SAS Developer - Sr. Level (Current Employee), Ft. Lauderdale FloridaJanuary 18, 2015
My peers is one of the reason I enjoy working at Broward College.
Quality Education - Tech Advantages
Project Director - TAACCCT Grant (Current Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Broward College offers new innovative approaches to learning, focus is always on the student, resources and technology are provided to faculty and staff to keep them on top of the newest technologies and to offer state of the art learning models.

1 2 3 4 5