Broward College Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and entertaining
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 18, 2016
Plenty of guest speakers and fun entertaining activities to be done in the leadership camp, we worked separately as well as in groups
Pros
Fun events and free lunch
Exceptional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2016
It is very intense. That department is overloaded with files, so you need to be on your as game to stay on top of work. other shift tends to leave work for the incoming shift, but it is usually when it gets pretty busy.
A workplace which is fun and I can grow in my skills where becoming a valuable assest to my company and also myself.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day; I love the mornings. You will find me actively communicating with the professors, seeking to find out what are their plans for the week, meeting with my supervisor(s) to discuss the needs of the organization. I learned that time management is a precedence in getting things done while increasing your focus, which improves your productivity.
I believe with any job there are easy and difficult parts. To me the hardest part of a job is the beginning; not knowing what to expect and how a company actually flows until you get your feet into the door. However as time goes on, I realize that it's just a matter of facing something new and enjoying the process.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people, so many different personalities. Some may be more challenging than others,but nonetheless it is a rewarding experience. It teaches me patience and understanding, which has been a valuable asset to me, in trying to attain the needs of everyone.
One word awesome
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 7, 2016
One word amazing working here is the best experience you can receive. I enjoy learning many things from the professors here and see how much they truly care. Broward College has truly opened my eyes in seeing that professors and staff members truly care! I enjoying coming to work everyday and going to my classes.
Pros
Meet new people, gain customer service experience, and help others
Cons
only contracted, depending on financial stability
Awesome work environment
Vice President of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 16, 2016
I really loved working here. The people I worked with was super energetic and encouraging to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help students.
Good college and management
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 4, 2016
Broward College is a place where you start with nothing but at the end you finished what you started. Student Life Department helped to build my confidence to understand the responsibilities that every employee needs to know to learn the best for a job.
great place to work
Student Life Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  pembroke pinesMarch 3, 2016
I loved working as an event coordinator. it offer so much persal growth in various ways. BC offers opportunities in every department. a fast paced and promising place to work
Productive, fun, flexible place for a student to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Working at Broward College is the best thing I've ever decided to do. I love he people they genuinely care about you and your well-being, they treat you as equals and not as if "youre under them". This job is wonderful, I wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world!
Fun to teach and learn
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2016
My typical lecture engages students in a myriad of subjects within the field of psychology.

Teaching can and is bidirectional.

I have learned from my students as well as teaching them the fundamentals of basic psychology.

I learned that engaging my audience, one must consistently and methodologically attend to each person, even in a large classroom setting.

This means balancing out relevent questions while balancing the general knowledge of the classroom.

I have enjoyed the multicultural aspect of the management at this setting.

The most challenging part of this position was getting hired the day prior and having the responsibility to students to create syllabi and presentations and reading the required textbook to freshen up on what I was about to lecture.

The most enjoyable part of this job, like therapy, is knowing when a difference is made and a student actually learns from my lectures. I have been personally moved when students have taken the time out to thank me and explained that psychology was broken down to be understandable in what can be abstract and sometimes complex to undergraduate students.
Pros
Interracting with students of many backgrounds
Cons
Adjunct professor does not come with health benefits
Great Customer Service
Computer Center Front Desk and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Helping students, with different type of issues.Connecting them with other Departments. It is nice environment to work for, coworkers and boss they are really nice. The only problem I only get 20 hours per week.
Pros
Interact with students from different background gives me a great experience.
Cons
Only few days to work during the week.
Broward College Review
Administrative Assistant / Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 1, 2016
I would work with students and professors creating student evaluations. I have worked with Microsoft word and Microsoft excel.
College Database Systems
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 30, 2015
• Accomplished student’s needs regard online courses
• Modified and added new classes for Florida’s Virtual Campus
• Updated and added course notes to reflect instructors Course Preview Page via the College Database Systems with approximately 500+ sections for 3 terms
A great place to work with dedicated professionals
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 29, 2015
The support staff and other faculty were incredible to work with. The students were eager to learn and were grateful for the opportunity to excel in a college environment.
I am a broward College graduate, and it is one of the best local colleges.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 28, 2015
At Broward College, we are like a big happy family. I can call my supervisor at any time day or night. I am proud to be part of the staff.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working there as an undergraduate. They work with your schedule so that really helps if you're taking classes. It was a very chill environment.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No cons
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2015
Good school, I attended as a student not an employee, I furthered my education gaining more credits in Literature. The teachers were wonderful and I received a good bit of knowledge whilst attending
This too shall pass...
Lead Campus Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 24, 2015
Management driven policies are driving the organization to the bottom of the ocean. Meanwhile, some of the best talents are jumping ship. As the institution continues to move to toward a corporate model, it is losing the community paradigm it was once known for and valued. There is either a lack of care or maybe it’s a strategy to undervalue employee, or no one just has not gotten a clue on how to move the ship away from this wreck.
Pros
Work/life balance is somewhat flexible.
Cons
The pay and benefits are horrible. The margin for career advancement is very small.
tutoring
tutoring math and statistics (Current Employee) –  coral springsOctober 22, 2015
tutoring is something I have a strong passion for because it gives me a chance to help others. impacting some ones live for the better is a great feeling
Pros
help a student achieve their goals in getting closer to graduating
Cons
when a student has come to seek help, and its to late and see the disappointment on their face is heart breaking.
Management is very rough and alot has changed
Admissions and Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  admission and registrationOctober 21, 2015
overall with Broward College I am glad I am able to learn and work with people. I am honestly just ready to make my change and learn alot more.
Pros
works with my school schedule sometimes
I got paid to go to school with excess scholarship money.
Student (Former Employee) –  HollywoodOctober 14, 2015
Simply by maintaining good grades and effectively spending my time in school, I was able ot make enough for basic necessities.

4.4