Broward College Employee Reviews

fun work place
Credit and Collections, Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Great staff and professionals. No other better place to work. every month a new activity for all employers. great training, great team, great managers.
Pros
free lunches
Relaxing a
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2017
In a normal day I help students with their needs(computer,math, basic accounting, homework). The ASC has rules so no one is rude. Respectful place. No one hassles you. I get to help other with their
Pros
Not hard
Cons
No benefits
Excellent College
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Classes average 20-25 students, there is no job security as you are hired semester by semester as an adjunct, of course, this is standard. There is no possible advancement to full time.

There are 4 main campuses and satellite campuses.

Excellent managements skills on the part of the Deans.
Productive and teaches a lot
Lab Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Broward college is cool to work for. my coworkers were really nice and they helped me to learn the ins and out of my job and I appreciated that . There was really no cons to the job except that its a job for someone with not much responsibility based on the hours given.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 13, 2017
your co-workers are the best thing about working at Affinity. Owners need to invest more in there employees, so they are encouraged to performe excellent and provide best customer service.
Seasonal Work
Proctor Specialist Temporary (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 13, 2016
This is a fun great place to work. When its registration time.
After registration is over things slow down drastically and there is literally nothing to do.
Pros
Get to associate with the students
Cons
Slow after season
Stressful environment
Financial AID Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 10, 2016
Very Hostile environment to work in. You face a lot of irate students on a typical day. Just know patience is a virtue if you decide to work here. Never argue with the students. Always try to give the best service that you can. The supervisors don't communicate very well with the employees which makes it very hard for the employees to communicate well with the students. Even though I learned a lot of valuable information and skills from the people i worked with overall i had a terrible experience. Bottom line is if you do not work well in a stressful environment, this is not the place for you.
Fantastic
Orientation Leader/ Office of Student Life (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 29, 2016
Couldn't have asked for a better first job to work at as an first time college student. Student Life provides multiple college students with the option to work independently and with new students.
Fair working environment
Lab Tech P/T / Teachers Assistant P/T (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 22, 2016
• Assistant to the operations manager of the Coral Gables T- Square branch
• Responsible for billing, bank deposits, customer relations and day to day production, supervised a staff of 10
• Recipient of Employee of The Year Award for 3 years
Pros
Learned a lot about production
Cons
Long working hours
Enjoyed working at this excellent institution.
Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2016
Great employer. Learned a lot. Provides excellent education to both students and staff. Fun atmosphere and cares about their employees.
unappreciated
Adjunct Instructor/Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 17, 2016
I loved working with the students, helping them learn the material and seeing them succeed. However, advancement is impossible. The pay is horrible--nobody got a raise in at least ten years.
Pros
loved helping the students
Cons
very low pay, no opportunity for advancement, no respect from management
Supervisor Academic Success Center (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 30, 2016
A very productive work environment. Learned a great deal from leadership and work alongside very humble coworkers. I can't say that their was a part of my job that was difficult.
Pros
fun work environment
Love my job not enough working hours
Clinical instructor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Broward College is a community in which diversity is valued and is equal opportunity employer. It offers programs to attract and retain talented and diverse professional staffs. As a part time clinical instructor I am not qualified for most of the programs. Benefits offers to full time employees .
Usually I am only on campus 2-3 days before each semester to prepare the students for clinical. The staff is great easy to work with each one, very helpful offer their assistance to most of the adjuncts. Our associate Dean has an open door policy. I do not have a hard part of the job because I love to work as a Nurse, love to teach, encourage and facilitate the students to success achievement and productive lives.
Pros
Encourage to further your education
Cons
Part time employees do not get benefits
Growing college with great employees!
Planetarium Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 26, 2016
When I first started working at Broward College, it was Broward Community College. During my time there, the college expanded to include several four-year programs.

As for my time there specifically, I worked part-time at the Buehler Planetarium and Observatory (BPO), where I presented shows in the planetarium, guided stargazers around the sky at the observatory, and worked on whatever other projects my bosses asked me to do. Resources like the BPO are somewhat rare, so I always respected Broward (Community) College for funding its scientific gem.
Pros
College employment
Cons
Can be difficult to get hired full-time
Professional and good environment.
Usher (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 30, 2016
Gather experienced in customer service, ticket master, work in office fields, and planning for upcoming events and meetings. Working along with professional co-workers makes the job enjoyable and welcome.
Great student workplace
Student Life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work at to get experience and very flexible with your school schedule. Manager and coworkers for the most part were easy to work with..
Its a very laid back job, but it has its moments when its very hectic. You just have to go with the flow and keep up with the pace.
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  225 East Las Olas BlvdAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work and stay current
ASC Customer Service/ Tutor at ASC Tutoring Lab (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 25, 2016
Flexible schedules that worked around your studies if you are a student.

Great schedule day or night shifts if you are a part-time employee

Management is very helpful and can be accommodating when needed
co-workers were excellent and very professional.

The hardest part of the job was there was no paid time off during mandatory holidays.

Working on innovative educational strategies to help make the curriculum exciting and interesting to students; then watching them Ace there exams!
Pros
Learning and staying current in academics while teaching it
Cons
weeks without pay due to mandatory non paid holidays for PT employees
Productive learning experience
Assistant to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2016
Great work atmosphere. Everyday is pretty much the same perform your duties and be ready to tackle any department in the office. Working here feeds versatility.
College Professor, Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 12, 2016
Classroom instruction in Microbiology, Anatomy/Physiology, Biology. Predominantly powerpoint based with interactive experiences, case studies, review days. Laboratory professor for same subjects. Taught online/classroom classes as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3