Broward College Employee Reviews in United States

Fun to teach and learn
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2016
My typical lecture engages students in a myriad of subjects within the field of psychology.

Teaching can and is bidirectional.

I have learned from my students as well as teaching them the fundamentals of basic psychology.

I learned that engaging my audience, one must consistently and methodologically attend to each person, even in a large classroom setting.

This means balancing out relevent questions while balancing the general knowledge of the classroom.

I have enjoyed the multicultural aspect of the management at this setting.

The most challenging part of this position was getting hired the day prior and having the responsibility to students to create syllabi and presentations and reading the required textbook to freshen up on what I was about to lecture.

The most enjoyable part of this job, like therapy, is knowing when a difference is made and a student actually learns from my lectures. I have been personally moved when students have taken the time out to thank me and explained that psychology was broken down to be understandable in what can be abstract and sometimes complex to undergraduate students.
Pros
Interracting with students of many backgrounds
Cons
Adjunct professor does not come with health benefits
This too shall pass...
Lead Campus Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 24, 2015
Management driven policies are driving the organization to the bottom of the ocean. Meanwhile, some of the best talents are jumping ship. As the institution continues to move to toward a corporate model, it is losing the community paradigm it was once known for and valued. There is either a lack of care or maybe it’s a strategy to undervalue employee, or no one just has not gotten a clue on how to move the ship away from this wreck.
Pros
Work/life balance is somewhat flexible.
Cons
The pay and benefits are horrible. The margin for career advancement is very small.
A workplace which is fun and I can grow in my skills where becoming a valuable assest to my company and also myself.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day; I love the mornings. You will find me actively communicating with the professors, seeking to find out what are their plans for the week, meeting with my supervisor(s) to discuss the needs of the organization. I learned that time management is a precedence in getting things done while increasing your focus, which improves your productivity.
I believe with any job there are easy and difficult parts. To me the hardest part of a job is the beginning; not knowing what to expect and how a company actually flows until you get your feet into the door. However as time goes on, I realize that it's just a matter of facing something new and enjoying the process.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people, so many different personalities. Some may be more challenging than others,but nonetheless it is a rewarding experience. It teaches me patience and understanding, which has been a valuable asset to me, in trying to attain the needs of everyone.
One word awesome
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 7, 2016
One word amazing working here is the best experience you can receive. I enjoy learning many things from the professors here and see how much they truly care. Broward College has truly opened my eyes in seeing that professors and staff members truly care! I enjoying coming to work everyday and going to my classes.
Pros
Meet new people, gain customer service experience, and help others
Cons
only contracted, depending on financial stability
Easy Job
Campus Officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 6, 2016
the job is easy, management and school dean have too much input in security. Overtime is given to their liking. Shop stewards are useless. And the secretary may adjust your pay if she don't like you. Policys mean nothing and can be fired easily if you don't follow in house rules even if its not in the policy.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management and staff is fake
Great place to learn
Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2016
Broward College is a great place to meet new and dedicated people. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Teaching is a gift, and sometimes that gift isn't easily accepted; however, when it is received, it is a gift for the person receiving it and for the one that bestowed it.
Great place to improve your leadership skills and serve others.
Health and Wellness Representative (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 1, 2016
Great place to work. I learned a lot while working there and became a better leader because of Broward College Student Life. The supervisors and co-workers were like a family to me.
Volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
During my time as a Administrative assistant at Broward College it was my job to help students register for classes. Also help with the administration staff with all that they needed my assistance with .
Exceptional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2016
It is very intense. That department is overloaded with files, so you need to be on your as game to stay on top of work. other shift tends to leave work for the incoming shift, but it is usually when it gets pretty busy.
Fun and entertaining
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 18, 2016
Plenty of guest speakers and fun entertaining activities to be done in the leadership camp, we worked separately as well as in groups
Pros
Fun events and free lunch
My co-workers
Response Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2016
I work with amazing people. We worked together as a team, and we accomplished things on a timely matter. We help each other complete our work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Good college and management
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 4, 2016
Broward College is a place where you start with nothing but at the end you finished what you started. Student Life Department helped to build my confidence to understand the responsibilities that every employee needs to know to learn the best for a job.
Great place to work!
SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 13, 2013
Broward College is an excellent place to work for many reasons. They offer great benefits for both part-time and full-time employees and training is always available to improve yourself in your field or to become familiar with other desired fields.

The most positive aspect is that management is always open to new ideas, concepts, and advancement. The most challenging aspect of my particular position is being able to to obtain the necessary funding for our department to consistently implement and manage these new ideas or concepts. This generally creates a lot of compromise and thus the quality of our final product can be quite limited at times.
Pros
growth, opportunity, flexible, management, benefits
Cons
bureaucracy
Very nice co-workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 24, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Everyone was caring and always willing to help if the opportunity came up. Nice and caring co-wokers.
Exceptional place to work
financial aid assistant (Former Employee) –  coconut creek, FLMay 12, 2015
Great benefits provided. Many opportunities to transfer from one department to another. Also, raises are provided on a yearly bases. I would recommend this location to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
pay
Awesome work environment
Vice President of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 16, 2016
I really loved working here. The people I worked with was super energetic and encouraging to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help students.
As of recent events at the central campus. Get your degree and leave
Campus Safety Officer-CCTV Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Get job, but too many personal issues with the management of Broward College from the Sgt. to the top. my advice is to use the education benefits and complete a degree, then leave because if your not a particular person of there ideal candidate such as ex. police, military, corrections, etc, you wont be there for lone.

The Co-Workers are great, except for the interim Cpl. supervisor that recently got there promotions. All supervisors from before 2010 are great,but the new staffing don't have a clue how to run the department, lots of Overtime, Call-outs, Resignation because of mismanagement.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
management, yearly rotation of schedules
great place to work
Student Life Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  pembroke pinesMarch 3, 2016
I loved working as an event coordinator. it offer so much persal growth in various ways. BC offers opportunities in every department. a fast paced and promising place to work
Great Customer Service
Computer Center Front Desk and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Helping students, with different type of issues.Connecting them with other Departments. It is nice environment to work for, coworkers and boss they are really nice. The only problem I only get 20 hours per week.
Pros
Interact with students from different background gives me a great experience.
Cons
Only few days to work during the week.
Productive, fun, flexible place for a student to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Working at Broward College is the best thing I've ever decided to do. I love he people they genuinely care about you and your well-being, they treat you as equals and not as if "youre under them". This job is wonderful, I wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3