Broward College Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Orientation Leader/ Office of Student Life (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 29, 2016
Couldn't have asked for a better first job to work at as an first time college student. Student Life provides multiple college students with the option to work independently and with new students.
Fair working environment
Lab Tech P/T / Teachers Assistant P/T (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 22, 2016
• Assistant to the operations manager of the Coral Gables T- Square branch
• Responsible for billing, bank deposits, customer relations and day to day production, supervised a staff of 10
• Recipient of Employee of The Year Award for 3 years
Pros
Learned a lot about production
Cons
Long working hours
Enjoyed working at this excellent institution.
Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2016
Great employer. Learned a lot. Provides excellent education to both students and staff. Fun atmosphere and cares about their employees.
unappreciated
Adjunct Instructor/Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 17, 2016
I loved working with the students, helping them learn the material and seeing them succeed. However, advancement is impossible. The pay is horrible--nobody got a raise in at least ten years.
Pros
loved helping the students
Cons
very low pay, no opportunity for advancement, no respect from management
Supervisor Academic Success Center (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 30, 2016
A very productive work environment. Learned a great deal from leadership and work alongside very humble coworkers. I can't say that their was a part of my job that was difficult.
Pros
fun work environment
Love my job not enough working hours
Clinical instructor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Broward College is a community in which diversity is valued and is equal opportunity employer. It offers programs to attract and retain talented and diverse professional staffs. As a part time clinical instructor I am not qualified for most of the programs. Benefits offers to full time employees .
Usually I am only on campus 2-3 days before each semester to prepare the students for clinical. The staff is great easy to work with each one, very helpful offer their assistance to most of the adjuncts. Our associate Dean has an open door policy. I do not have a hard part of the job because I love to work as a Nurse, love to teach, encourage and facilitate the students to success achievement and productive lives.
Pros
Encourage to further your education
Cons
Part time employees do not get benefits
Growing college with great employees!
Planetarium Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 26, 2016
When I first started working at Broward College, it was Broward Community College. During my time there, the college expanded to include several four-year programs.

As for my time there specifically, I worked part-time at the Buehler Planetarium and Observatory (BPO), where I presented shows in the planetarium, guided stargazers around the sky at the observatory, and worked on whatever other projects my bosses asked me to do. Resources like the BPO are somewhat rare, so I always respected Broward (Community) College for funding its scientific gem.
Pros
College employment
Cons
Can be difficult to get hired full-time
Professional and good environment.
Usher (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 30, 2016
Gather experienced in customer service, ticket master, work in office fields, and planning for upcoming events and meetings. Working along with professional co-workers makes the job enjoyable and welcome.
Great student workplace
Student Life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work at to get experience and very flexible with your school schedule. Manager and coworkers for the most part were easy to work with..
Its a very laid back job, but it has its moments when its very hectic. You just have to go with the flow and keep up with the pace.
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  225 East Las Olas BlvdAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work and stay current
ASC Customer Service/ Tutor at ASC Tutoring Lab (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 25, 2016
Flexible schedules that worked around your studies if you are a student.

Great schedule day or night shifts if you are a part-time employee

Management is very helpful and can be accommodating when needed
co-workers were excellent and very professional.

The hardest part of the job was there was no paid time off during mandatory holidays.

Working on innovative educational strategies to help make the curriculum exciting and interesting to students; then watching them Ace there exams!
Pros
Learning and staying current in academics while teaching it
Cons
weeks without pay due to mandatory non paid holidays for PT employees
Productive learning experience
Assistant to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2016
Great work atmosphere. Everyday is pretty much the same perform your duties and be ready to tackle any department in the office. Working here feeds versatility.
College Professor, Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 12, 2016
Classroom instruction in Microbiology, Anatomy/Physiology, Biology. Predominantly powerpoint based with interactive experiences, case studies, review days. Laboratory professor for same subjects. Taught online/classroom classes as well.
Productive and engaging with students while still having a excting time at work, also dealing with non students such as faculty and parents.
Orientation Leader/ Office of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 29, 2016
1) A typical day would consist of engaging, assisting and informing students opportunities around the college.
2) I learned to how to be a professional and a representative of the institution in which will help with conducting productively and responsibly in the work place.
3) Management was very helpful in guiding us to become young adults and teaching us the proper ways to work in a professional setting while still enjoying what we do everyday with the "FISH Philosophy".
4) Coworkers were exceptional to work with and have become very close friends due to the bonds that are created through a teamwork environment.
5) The hardest part of the job is to consistently remain positive even when things don't work out as planned, that is also important because it helps us smile and address individuals with the best customer service once they walk through the doors.
6) The most enjoyable part about the job is the environment you arrive to everyday; friendly faces, teamwork excises and overall a fun and productive work environment.
I was a Full Time College Student while I was running my business as an AirBnB bed and breakfast
Full Time College Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 23, 2016
Amazing College to study.

I learned about management and customer service skills and communication skills have my own scheduled from work and allowed me to study full time to obtain my AA in Liberal Arts.
Pros
I learned much how to deal with my business
Cons
Ready to start my Bachelors in
Easy Job
Campus Officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 6, 2016
the job is easy, management and school dean have too much input in security. Overtime is given to their liking. Shop stewards are useless. And the secretary may adjust your pay if she don't like you. Policys mean nothing and can be fired easily if you don't follow in house rules even if its not in the policy.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management and staff is fake
Very nice co-workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 24, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Everyone was caring and always willing to help if the opportunity came up. Nice and caring co-wokers.
Great place to learn
Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2016
Broward College is a great place to meet new and dedicated people. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Teaching is a gift, and sometimes that gift isn't easily accepted; however, when it is received, it is a gift for the person receiving it and for the one that bestowed it.
Volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
During my time as a Administrative assistant at Broward College it was my job to help students register for classes. Also help with the administration staff with all that they needed my assistance with .
Great place to improve your leadership skills and serve others.
Health and Wellness Representative (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 1, 2016
Great place to work. I learned a lot while working there and became a better leader because of Broward College Student Life. The supervisors and co-workers were like a family to me.

4.3