Broward College United States Employee Reviews

A learning enviroment with daily productive skills
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Davie, FLApril 22, 2015
An enjoyable part-time place of employment where you can learning challenging techniques everyday. The employees are kind and friendly.
Fun workplace
Broward College Ambassador (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 21, 2015
Working as an Ambassador was a fun experience for me. I learned a lot and I had the chance to develop my leadership and communication skills.
Adjunct Economics Professor (Current Employee), Coconut CreekApril 15, 2015
I teach Macro and Micro Economics at Broward College. Wonderful school to work for. I'm looking to move into a different career with more stable pay.
nice
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), coconut CreekMarch 21, 2015
this was a workstudy job for me so it was cool at the time. nothing too crazy just a bunch of kids trying to get there financial aid situations taken care of
Great place to work at
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Davie, FlMarch 20, 2015
It was a great place to work at. The work environment was very relaxed. Co-workers were also great. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students succeed in their math courses
Productive/Fun Enviroment
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2015
My days were spent filling papers and assisting student in the enrollment process. Tasks become tedious but bearable.

The hardest part of the job was turning people away to complete the enrollment process correctly. This sometimes lead to telling some individual they weren't eligible to attend.

What I enjoyed most was meeting and hear the stories of the many students that came through admissions.
Respect for faculty and encouragemebt to strive to the highest levels of teaching remaings Broward's strength for those seeking employment.
Professor of Geology (Former Employee), Coconut Creek Park, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: a faculty dedicated to the first two years of college. all faculty possess at least a masters degree
Cons: course choises and library not as large as major universities.
Broward College remains a community college first and foremost.
Its adherence to strict policy in faculty search is perhaps its strength which guaranties the top tier of faculty. Also, Broward has an advantage over many colleges in its hiring by its location in South Florida and reputation. It ranks as one of the countries top colleges.
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 28, 2015
An environment full of energy and willingness to complete tasks at hand.
Better work culture
Lead SAS Developer - Sr. Level (Current Employee), Ft. Lauderdale FloridaJanuary 18, 2015
My peers is one of the reason I enjoy working at Broward College.
Quality Education - Tech Advantages
Project Director - TAACCCT Grant (Current Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Broward College offers new innovative approaches to learning, focus is always on the student, resources and technology are provided to faculty and staff to keep them on top of the newest technologies and to offer state of the art learning models.
Broward College
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 3, 2014
Broward College is a great place to work! The administration, faculty, and staff are available to meet with you if you need to talk and the college does its very best in ensuring that students get a great education at an affordable price.
Love it.
Student Escort Team Patrol (Former Employee), Pemproke PinesNovember 14, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the environment.
Cons: it was very crowded
It was a very good school and I enjoyed the schooling environment.
Amex Summary
Supervisor of Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2014
Reconciling accounts/Sales
Accounts Clerk
Data Entry
Customer representative and reinstatement of optimum accounts
A great environment for learning and advancement
Anatomy and Physiology Tutor (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FLOctober 13, 2014
A typical day consists of teaching Nursing students new skills, assisting Anatomy and Physiology students with lecture and lab, and collaborating with the staff to ensure Academic Success.
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: little pay
Registering students and processing transcripts
Great employees
teaching
Adjunct Professor- Aviation Department (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 15, 2014
I only work part time at this school, 1 day a week but the pay is not too bad and it is fun interacting with students.
Productive environment
Accounting Education Manager (Former Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 21, 2014
This is a self paced environment. Although there is minimal direction, a resourceful person will be very successful here.
Private tutor
Tutor (Current Employee), VariedJuly 22, 2014
Pros: independance
Cons: no benefits
Working independently allowed me to be creative with my student helping her to produce A+ papers and an overall A+ in the class. Being a private tutor I am not working for the school but for one of its students.
Tutor Students Broward College
Tutor students (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: no commuting necessary from classes to job.
Cons: just part-time
A typical day at work, I had to be available for any help needed by students, from questions about their Computer's Literacy Projects, to troubleshoot any hardware or software issues that might happen.
I had to troubleshoot the computers, printers in the Computer Lab. Also, per student's request deploy computers with the Operating system needed for practice. That procedure was done, by ghosting several images to the computers.I also had to solve Staff problems and provide assistance to their requests. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students, and feel the satisfaction of helping others. I also enjoyed learning something new everyday about technology. It was a work-study job, so I was working part time, and studying part-time Networking Administration. I really enjoyed working in a education environment.
great company with good management
Science department, Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Davie, FlJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short 15 min. cofee break
My experience with FMC (Florida medical center) was very interesting and helpful because it was my first work in Florida. Usually I started my work from the computer to print orders for blood drawing. Professionally, it took me about 6 month to be familiar with details of my new work. My manager and co-worker were very helpful and ready to answer any questions. The hardest part of the job was night shift. The most enjoyable part is communication with my friends and hollydays

1 2 3 4 5