Broward College Employee Reviews in United States

Its a very laid back job, but it has its moments when its very hectic. You just have to go with the flow and keep up with the pace.
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  225 East Las Olas BlvdAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work and stay current
ASC Customer Service/ Tutor at ASC Tutoring Lab (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 25, 2016
Flexible schedules that worked around your studies if you are a student.

Great schedule day or night shifts if you are a part-time employee

Management is very helpful and can be accommodating when needed
co-workers were excellent and very professional.

The hardest part of the job was there was no paid time off during mandatory holidays.

Working on innovative educational strategies to help make the curriculum exciting and interesting to students; then watching them Ace there exams!
Pros
Learning and staying current in academics while teaching it
Cons
weeks without pay due to mandatory non paid holidays for PT employees
Productive learning experience
Assistant to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2016
Great work atmosphere. Everyday is pretty much the same perform your duties and be ready to tackle any department in the office. Working here feeds versatility.
College Professor, Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 12, 2016
Classroom instruction in Microbiology, Anatomy/Physiology, Biology. Predominantly powerpoint based with interactive experiences, case studies, review days. Laboratory professor for same subjects. Taught online/classroom classes as well.
Productive and engaging with students while still having a excting time at work, also dealing with non students such as faculty and parents.
Orientation Leader/ Office of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 29, 2016
1) A typical day would consist of engaging, assisting and informing students opportunities around the college.
2) I learned to how to be a professional and a representative of the institution in which will help with conducting productively and responsibly in the work place.
3) Management was very helpful in guiding us to become young adults and teaching us the proper ways to work in a professional setting while still enjoying what we do everyday with the "FISH Philosophy".
4) Coworkers were exceptional to work with and have become very close friends due to the bonds that are created through a teamwork environment.
5) The hardest part of the job is to consistently remain positive even when things don't work out as planned, that is also important because it helps us smile and address individuals with the best customer service once they walk through the doors.
6) The most enjoyable part about the job is the environment you arrive to everyday; friendly faces, teamwork excises and overall a fun and productive work environment.
I was a Full Time College Student while I was running my business as an AirBnB bed and breakfast
Full Time College Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 23, 2016
Amazing College to study.

I learned about management and customer service skills and communication skills have my own scheduled from work and allowed me to study full time to obtain my AA in Liberal Arts.
Pros
I learned much how to deal with my business
Cons
Ready to start my Bachelors in
Easy Job
Campus Officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 6, 2016
the job is easy, management and school dean have too much input in security. Overtime is given to their liking. Shop stewards are useless. And the secretary may adjust your pay if she don't like you. Policys mean nothing and can be fired easily if you don't follow in house rules even if its not in the policy.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management and staff is fake
Very nice co-workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 24, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Everyone was caring and always willing to help if the opportunity came up. Nice and caring co-wokers.
Great place to learn
Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2016
Broward College is a great place to meet new and dedicated people. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Teaching is a gift, and sometimes that gift isn't easily accepted; however, when it is received, it is a gift for the person receiving it and for the one that bestowed it.
Volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
During my time as a Administrative assistant at Broward College it was my job to help students register for classes. Also help with the administration staff with all that they needed my assistance with .
Great place to improve your leadership skills and serve others.
Health and Wellness Representative (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 1, 2016
Great place to work. I learned a lot while working there and became a better leader because of Broward College Student Life. The supervisors and co-workers were like a family to me.
My co-workers
Response Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2016
I work with amazing people. We worked together as a team, and we accomplished things on a timely matter. We help each other complete our work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun and entertaining
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 18, 2016
Plenty of guest speakers and fun entertaining activities to be done in the leadership camp, we worked separately as well as in groups
Pros
Fun events and free lunch
Exceptional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2016
It is very intense. That department is overloaded with files, so you need to be on your as game to stay on top of work. other shift tends to leave work for the incoming shift, but it is usually when it gets pretty busy.
A workplace which is fun and I can grow in my skills where becoming a valuable assest to my company and also myself.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day; I love the mornings. You will find me actively communicating with the professors, seeking to find out what are their plans for the week, meeting with my supervisor(s) to discuss the needs of the organization. I learned that time management is a precedence in getting things done while increasing your focus, which improves your productivity.
I believe with any job there are easy and difficult parts. To me the hardest part of a job is the beginning; not knowing what to expect and how a company actually flows until you get your feet into the door. However as time goes on, I realize that it's just a matter of facing something new and enjoying the process.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people, so many different personalities. Some may be more challenging than others,but nonetheless it is a rewarding experience. It teaches me patience and understanding, which has been a valuable asset to me, in trying to attain the needs of everyone.
One word awesome
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 7, 2016
One word amazing working here is the best experience you can receive. I enjoy learning many things from the professors here and see how much they truly care. Broward College has truly opened my eyes in seeing that professors and staff members truly care! I enjoying coming to work everyday and going to my classes.
Pros
Meet new people, gain customer service experience, and help others
Cons
only contracted, depending on financial stability
Awesome work environment
Vice President of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 16, 2016
I really loved working here. The people I worked with was super energetic and encouraging to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help students.
Good college and management
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 4, 2016
Broward College is a place where you start with nothing but at the end you finished what you started. Student Life Department helped to build my confidence to understand the responsibilities that every employee needs to know to learn the best for a job.
great place to work
Student Life Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  pembroke pinesMarch 3, 2016
I loved working as an event coordinator. it offer so much persal growth in various ways. BC offers opportunities in every department. a fast paced and promising place to work
Productive, fun, flexible place for a student to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Working at Broward College is the best thing I've ever decided to do. I love he people they genuinely care about you and your well-being, they treat you as equals and not as if "youre under them". This job is wonderful, I wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3