Broward College Employee Reviews in United States

College Database Systems
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 30, 2015
• Accomplished student’s needs regard online courses
• Modified and added new classes for Florida’s Virtual Campus
• Updated and added course notes to reflect instructors Course Preview Page via the College Database Systems with approximately 500+ sections for 3 terms
Excellent Place to work for moms
Full-time Faculty and Honors Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 9, 2015
If you are a mom ---this is the BEST place to work! They have a preschool on campus and you have the best colleagues. You can even go back to school, if you desire. The pay is not that competitive, but you will feel like family and have an easy workload.
I am a broward College graduate, and it is one of the best local colleges.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 28, 2015
At Broward College, we are like a big happy family. I can call my supervisor at any time day or night. I am proud to be part of the staff.
A great place to work with dedicated professionals
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 29, 2015
The support staff and other faculty were incredible to work with. The students were eager to learn and were grateful for the opportunity to excel in a college environment.
Over all good place to work.
Assisting Police (Current Employee) –  111 east las olas blvdAugust 22, 2015
From Management down to the cleaning crew Broward College employees are genuinely good people to work with. There's always room for improvement but it's usually something very minor that can be resolved quickly. In a nut shell I'm happy here at B.C.
Exceptional place to work
financial aid assistant (Former Employee) –  coconut creek, FLMay 12, 2015
Great benefits provided. Many opportunities to transfer from one department to another. Also, raises are provided on a yearly bases. I would recommend this location to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
pay
Broward College Review
Administrative Assistant / Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 1, 2016
I would work with students and professors creating student evaluations. I have worked with Microsoft word and Microsoft excel.
Ok place to work in
Assistant / Learning Resource Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 31, 2015
Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there. Liked working there.
Pros
great schedule
tutoring
tutoring math and statistics (Current Employee) –  coral springsOctober 22, 2015
tutoring is something I have a strong passion for because it gives me a chance to help others. impacting some ones live for the better is a great feeling
Pros
help a student achieve their goals in getting closer to graduating
Cons
when a student has come to seek help, and its to late and see the disappointment on their face is heart breaking.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working there as an undergraduate. They work with your schedule so that really helps if you're taking classes. It was a very chill environment.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No cons

Want to know more about Broward College?

Ask a question
Student
B.A.S - Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 5, 2015
I have never worked here but it is a good start for high school graduates to start off their educational career. Small class sizes, affordable classes and helpful staff in the student union so get down to the union and ask all the question so that your college career don't take unnecessary classes.
Management is very rough and alot has changed
Admissions and Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  admission and registrationOctober 21, 2015
overall with Broward College I am glad I am able to learn and work with people. I am honestly just ready to make my change and learn alot more.
Pros
works with my school schedule sometimes
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2015
Good school, I attended as a student not an employee, I furthered my education gaining more credits in Literature. The teachers were wonderful and I received a good bit of knowledge whilst attending
I work independently
Student Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 24, 2015
My work day includes:
• Creating vendor contracts
• Negotiating contracts
• Attending committee meetings
• Planning events/programs for students with students
• Purchasing marketing material and giveaways
• Meeting/training student leaders
• Following up with vendors
• Running events
• Making and implementing budget plans
• Address student complaints
• Supervise student staff
• Perform additional on call duties as the closing supervisor

I have learned to successfully self manage, work with a team of diverse individuals, and plan great programs/events on a small budget.

It is always a bitter sweet time for me when a student leader graduates.

I love being able to make events come to life. It is always rewarding to see my vision successfully become reality.
Productive place to be
Admission officer (Current Employee) –  coconut creekOctober 1, 2015
A great place to be, people get to help great student and family staff. I've learn so much about people, Working with a productive staff is always a A+ in my book
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
part time no health insurance
Educational Sector
Computer Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 24, 2015
I started off at the college as a lab proctor. After graduating with a Bachelors and earning a few IT certifications, I became a desktop technician for the whole campus. It was at this time that I was given the opportunity to teach in the Computer Science department. It was a very gratifying role to be an educator. With working as a tech in parallel, it gave me many stories on how the material that we were learning can be applied in a real work situation. I went on to obtain a Masters degree while working at the college full-time and teaching. The work environment was very laid back and more like family. It was a difficult decision to leave, however, I wanted to use the knowledge that I had acquired about Networking and there were no vacant positions at the time. So I resigned and transitioned into the corporate world.
I got paid to go to school with excess scholarship money.
Student (Former Employee) –  HollywoodOctober 14, 2015
Simply by maintaining good grades and effectively spending my time in school, I was able ot make enough for basic necessities.
Campus Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  DavieOctober 7, 2015
Best place to work. Beautiful campuses and very friendly people. Always committed to student success!
Technology edge and latest software applications.
Fun work with new chores every day
Physical Sciences Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 30, 2015
A typical day involves cleaning the lab environment and cleaning the equipment involved in the previous or next experiment. I have learned to properly set out and set up equipment and chemicals and create proper amounts of chemical solutions, and I have also continued to show a very good level organization in the workplace. My coworkers are kind and helpful, and they instruct me on what I should be doing or correct my mistakes so I can avoid them in the future.
Hours slashed
Marine Production Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Can't keep a Dean. Student walkouts every year, Instructors not Safe or know the Marine industry. No inter office cohesion.
Pros
Set Hours
Cons
Zero Bennefits

4.3