Broward College Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working at this excellent institution.
Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2016
Great employer. Learned a lot. Provides excellent education to both students and staff. Fun atmosphere and cares about their employees.
Great place to work!
SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 13, 2013
Broward College is an excellent place to work for many reasons. They offer great benefits for both part-time and full-time employees and training is always available to improve yourself in your field or to become familiar with other desired fields.

The most positive aspect is that management is always open to new ideas, concepts, and advancement. The most challenging aspect of my particular position is being able to to obtain the necessary funding for our department to consistently implement and manage these new ideas or concepts. This generally creates a lot of compromise and thus the quality of our final product can be quite limited at times.
Pros
Growth, opportunity, flexible, management, benefits
Cons
bureaucracy
As of recent events at the central campus. Get your degree and leave
Campus Safety Officer-CCTV Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Get job, but too many personal issues with the management of Broward College from the Sgt. to the top. my advice is to use the education benefits and complete a degree, then leave because if your not a particular person of there ideal candidate such as ex. police, military, corrections, etc, you wont be there for lone.

The Co-Workers are great, except for the interim Cpl. supervisor that recently got there promotions. All supervisors from before 2010 are great,but the new staffing don't have a clue how to run the department, lots of Overtime, Call-outs, Resignation because of mismanagement.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
management, yearly rotation of schedules
Professional and good environment.
Usher (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 30, 2016
Gather experienced in customer service, ticket master, work in office fields, and planning for upcoming events and meetings. Working along with professional co-workers makes the job enjoyable and welcome.
Its a very laid back job, but it has its moments when its very hectic. You just have to go with the flow and keep up with the pace.
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  225 East Las Olas BlvdAugust 25, 2016
College Professor, Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 12, 2016
Classroom instruction in Microbiology, Anatomy/Physiology, Biology. Predominantly powerpoint based with interactive experiences, case studies, review days. Laboratory professor for same subjects. Taught online/classroom classes as well.
Great student workplace
Student Life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work at to get experience and very flexible with your school schedule. Manager and coworkers for the most part were easy to work with..
Productive learning experience
Assistant to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2016
Great work atmosphere. Everyday is pretty much the same perform your duties and be ready to tackle any department in the office. Working here feeds versatility.
Great place to learn
Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2016
Broward College is a great place to meet new and dedicated people. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Teaching is a gift, and sometimes that gift isn't easily accepted; however, when it is received, it is a gift for the person receiving it and for the one that bestowed it.
Very nice co-workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 24, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Everyone was caring and always willing to help if the opportunity came up. Nice and caring co-wokers.

Want to know more about Broward College?

Ask a question
Great place to improve your leadership skills and serve others.
Health and Wellness Representative (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 1, 2016
Great place to work. I learned a lot while working there and became a better leader because of Broward College Student Life. The supervisors and co-workers were like a family to me.
One word awesome
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 7, 2016
One word amazing working here is the best experience you can receive. I enjoy learning many things from the professors here and see how much they truly care. Broward College has truly opened my eyes in seeing that professors and staff members truly care! I enjoying coming to work everyday and going to my classes.
Pros
Meet new people, gain customer service experience, and help others
Cons
only contracted, depending on financial stability
Volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
During my time as a Administrative assistant at Broward College it was my job to help students register for classes. Also help with the administration staff with all that they needed my assistance with .
Exceptional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2016
It is very intense. That department is overloaded with files, so you need to be on your as game to stay on top of work. other shift tends to leave work for the incoming shift, but it is usually when it gets pretty busy.
My co-workers
Response Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2016
I work with amazing people. We worked together as a team, and we accomplished things on a timely matter. We help each other complete our work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Very good work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 1, 2015
The college provides the most up-to-date technology for their students to learn. Management are very helpful in providing information needed. The support staff are quite friendly and supportive. I would say the hardest part of the job is having to fail students. Seeing students work hard and get the grade that they strive for is most enjoyable.
Fun and entertaining
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 18, 2016
Plenty of guest speakers and fun entertaining activities to be done in the leadership camp, we worked separately as well as in groups
Pros
Fun events and free lunch
Intrinsically rewarding job.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 13, 2015
The biggest benefit from this job is that you get to help others understand difficult subjects while you keep yourself refreshed in the knowledge of the subject matter.

My co-workers were mostly other students like myself, retired teachers, current teachers working evenings and weekends or experienced tutors.

I learned a lot about communicating with others, learning styles and study skills.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with a great number of highly stressed out students seeking help at the last minute before finals and exams. You have to be extremely patient because a lot of them have no interest in the subject.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to help and the management is sensitive to your scheduling needs which was great while balancing full time course load and the job.
Awesome work environment
Vice President of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 16, 2016
I really loved working here. The people I worked with was super energetic and encouraging to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help students.
Exceptional place to work
financial aid assistant (Former Employee) –  coconut creek, FLMay 12, 2015
Great benefits provided. Many opportunities to transfer from one department to another. Also, raises are provided on a yearly bases. I would recommend this location to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3