Broward College Employee Reviews

Overall a good place
Lab/Resource Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2017
In my opinion is an excellent place for entry level workforce. management is very supportive and patient. Additionally, you will have plenty of time and resources to learn more skills.
Pros
The company motivates learning and skills improvement.
Cons
Lack of career advancement.
You'll learn a lot and meet and work with some great people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be looking over the numbers and benchmark against other schools to see if we are keeping up and find ways to improve services to students. The culture is very competitive but once you are doing what you get paid for you'll be alright. You are expected to constantly look for ways to improve your department and at time change what you are doing to meet upper management goals without any notice.
Pros
time off
Cons
You have to know the right people to advance
It was productive and fun
Student Success Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 16, 2017
It was fun and exciting working at Broward College.
It was always a learning experience;.
I t was very rewarding graduating the students every semester.
Pros
You can create fun events to help the students
Cons
My job was temporary
interaction with students
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Make sure that the students and staff are safe.I learned many things such as report writing and intervieew tatics. Management is well informed and very involed with student and staff. Workplace culture very organized an effective.Hardest part of this was exsort students to their car during a storm. I enjoy the most was a sense of family .
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Very Productive Days
Campus Safety (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Answering calls and dispatching the appropriate personnel to the scene. I would recommend this job to a person who is just trying to break into the dispatching world.
Enjoyable environment
Adjunct Professor of Biological Sciences (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 25, 2017
Enjoyable environment, very competitive. they don't give many hours to work.
That's all I have to say. If anything comes up, I will definitely let you know!
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 15, 2017
Broward College is a great academic institution, but like most, salaries are very low for the adjuncts. But the deans are wonderful and the students are great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low wages
Excellent higher education institution! Great career paths!
President Broward College North Campus-Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 13, 2017
Opportunities for advancement are significant. Culture of excellence with great work life balance. Diversity is celebrated at this institution. Student success is the primary goal.
Pros
Scholarship
Enjoyable position
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 5, 2017
My most enjoyable job aspect was that the students were so dedicated and hard-working.

I did a great deal of on-line teaching as we came into online classes, but the classroom itself was much more beneficial to all with one-on-one contact and connectivity to the internet for music videos and other technology.

I learned class-room management skills and a great deal about many different cultures.

Management changes often, which was the most difficult part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the wonderful students.
Pros
great students and great classroom facility
Cons
changes in management
Good place
Campus Safety Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309August 3, 2017
The job is cool to go to, the work is easy to learn. I would recommend this place to someone looking for a job. They help you to be prepared for your future.
Cons
No lunch break
Supportive Management!
Asst. Event Coordinator (Student Life) (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 1, 2017
The work environment at Broward College is beyond wonderful. I felt comfortable and supported every step of my college and professional career at Broward College.
Pros
Balanced work load and support for growth. Also, super fun work environment with perks of free lunch!
Cons
Not many benefits and pay is very basic.
Work
Student Work Study (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL 33314July 20, 2017
I love working at Broward College. They treat me with respect and they work with my school schedule as well which is great for me; to be balance the two
Great Experience
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2017
This is one of the standards in Florida Colleges. Here you can have a great support system for students and staff. the hardest part was moving away and not being able to continue working there.
What i learned to aide me professionally
Campus Safety Corporal (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 7, 2017
I have learned how to function professionally under a hostile work environment. The importance of documenting disparities and reporting appropriately.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
very nice
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 6, 2017
This place is very nice. I had fun working here and the people were very nice and obediant. The pay wasnt all that good because of course its florda but overall I like it
Excellent Learning Environment
Director, Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 6, 2017
Broward College is an excellent community college and employer - good opportunities, supportive managers, and amazing benefits. Where else do you get the backing of education to your profession, plus two weeks off at Christmas and one week at spring break?
Pros
ample vacation and holidays, great benefits, flexible environment
Cons
Federal and state funding can sometimes affect budget.
Excellent Place to Work
Aviation Support (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 30, 2017
Broward College is an excellent place to work. Great people and a very good environment. Family oriented, fair and enjoyable. Very organized and structured as well.
Art Department at Broward College Central is nice
Sculpture Professors Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 27, 2017
its a nice place with many inspiring art pieces, the facility is quite large and resources are plentiful, the only bad thing is theres no copy machine available to students in the art building
Pros
if youre an artist you can use the facilities as you work on your own projects
Cons
not enough hours
Campus life
Lab Tech P/T / Teachers Assistant P/T (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 22, 2017
Very good educational environment with team work and cooperation first on the list. Free workshops to increase your knowledge and computer skills. There is always something new and exciting happening on campus. This year Broward Collegewon an award for academics
Entertaing and clean workplace. Pool
Swim Instructor, Broward College (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 16, 2017
Worked with student of various ages and cultures. Learned to modify class content due to weather and various skill levels. Assistant dean was always available.to assist with equipment and administrative duties. The hardest part of the job is weather restrictions. Most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Pros
Opportunity to exercise
Cons
no healthcare, restrictions by the weather