Broward College

Broward College Employer Reviews

Math Tutor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: they pay healthcare for part-timers
Cons: short breaks
HR is slow to react but it's a good place to work overall. They listen to what you have to say and consider changes.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLMay 1, 2014
The Greatest Part of the Job are the individuals you meet and the relationships you gain.
Best place to work and learn.
Experiential Lab Tutor I (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 30, 2014
Pros: by tutoring students, i became more proficient in my skills in maya, also got to work with third generation 27 inch i7 imacs.
Cons: computer lab had issues with software and computer upgrades
Evaluating the computers in the lab.
Optimize lab computers for performance and software.
Help students understand the software or the iMac computer.
Help students understand graphic/ multimedia design language.
Create flyers for the multimedia department
Fun exciting place to work
Buyer Bookstore Administration (Current Employee), Davie, FlaApril 30, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: some time working long hours
Purchase supplies for a student body of 60,000
Great co-workers
Nice holiday time off
A college that emphasizes community inside and outside classroom
Adjunct instructor, Department of English (Current Employee), Davie, FLApril 26, 2014
An enjoyable place to work. Superiors work with your schedule. The students require more attention to feedback, but their appreciation makes the work worthwhile.
Broward College taught me leadership skills, and helped me to become a better person.
New Student Orientation Assistant (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FLApril 25, 2014
On a typical day at Broward College, I have to be infront of a classroom, full of new students, and present a 3 hour powerpoint presentation. This position, allowed me to gain experience in delivering effective messages through powerpoint slides and allowed me to gain public speaking skills. In this position, it required me to build a strong bond with my coworkers, because it was important for for my coworkers and I to work as a team, in order for our presentations to run smoothly and be organized. The most enjoyable part of my job is that i get to meet people from all different types of backgrounds.
Excellent staff to work with!!!
Student Affairs Specialist/Counselor (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: helping students
Cons: extremely busy during peak registration
Great place to work, was employed with them for 18 years, Excellent benefits. Only left because of relocation to another state:)

Very student friendly and great degree curriculum and fair student costs.
A family environment
Campus Technology Officer (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FLMarch 13, 2014
A great place to work, friendly environment.

The college work environment makes you feel like your part of a family.
Fun place to work with nice people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Weston, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee cockies chips
every body that i have had the pleasure to work with have been really nice and easy to get along with.
Liked working with students
Gym Superior (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: students
Cons: pay was very little
My name really got spread around the campus as the great guy in the college guy that really helps you to get in shape.
Job duty
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee), FLFebruary 8, 2014
The job duty is to enforce and ensure compliance with college policies and procedures; to provide security for personnel, real property, and equipment; investigate and document crimes/incidents; document and preserve evidence; provide legal testimony; maintain a safe and secure learning and working environment; ensure public awareness of health and safety issues; and perform related work as directed.
Great place to work part-time teaching students English which is my first love
Adjunct English professor (Former Employee), Davie, Fl.January 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
I was comfortable teaching at the college level because I have done that for at least 10 years. I liked the ability to be independent, creating my syllabus with the teaching content required for ENC 1101 and 1102. I was treated with respect and enjoyed my students.

The hardest part of the ob was the low pay, but I felt the rewards outweighed the monetary compensation.
Diverse and Fun work place
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Ft.Lauderdale, FlJanuary 22, 2014
Meeting different people from different culture fun and friendly enviroment
Productive Place
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Answering the telephone and representing the company in a professional and businesslike manner. Greeted current and future college students assisting them with the admission process.
Good workplace
Admissions/Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: n/a
Good work place if in school and need part-time work. flexible schedule for school purposes.
Admin
Administration (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Four day summer work schedule. Great Dean. Staff was very nice.
Broward College Review Summary
Instructor and Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great employment opportunities
Cons: employment contracts are too short
A typical day at Broward College consist of helping students and faculty accomplish their goals. For example, students are always in need of assistance with their school schedules, and majority of our full-time faculty members need assistance with technology. Providing my services has helped me to get promoted and expand my unlimited knowledge of modern technology and public relations.
Heavy work flow must be a hard worker to last but it was ok.
Small Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Davie, FLDecember 23, 2013
I learned to use a lot of different equipment, the job gave a lot of experience in work with and around people and co-workers. A day at work consisted grounds maintenance, from picking up paper, setting up for an event, pressure cleaning, painting, to cutting grass. There was a lot of manger changing, but I had some of the best co-workers. The best part about working for this company was, great co-workers, not being confined and the benefits of the job.
Professional atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the various college events
Cons: temporary position; low salary
Great atmosphere and co-workers, Continuous learning...great!
Its gets a little busy at times but our flow of track and staff still makes it fill as if its no line no waiting. Friendly environment!
Senior Registration Specialist- Full-Time (Current Employee), Davie, FLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility, tuition exemption
Cons: one hour lunch break
My typical day at work involves servicing students with all registration process. I believe getting an education and degree will take you far in life. My co-workers are very intelligent, nice and friendly. Their isn't a hard part about my job but when difficult situations occur im able to tackle them with the knowledge and expericence I have here for over seven and a half years. Im well rounded in just about everything I do. my enjoyable part of my job is working with a wonderful group a staff members.

Broward College Salaries