Broward College

Broward College Employer Reviews

Amazing
Student & Office Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FLAugust 4, 2013
Broward taught me a lot of values task and overall life lessons for personal and business
Great environment with many opportunity to grow in customer service.
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 17, 2013
Pros: working at my college
Cons: only part-time possition
Reviewed calendar of events, help prepare what was needed for upcoming events, called new or returning talents for future events that were to be held at the college, and wrote up contract for director’s approval.
I learned great customer service skills, how to plan and execute large events, and working with a team to complete many tasks.
Management – more... was well organized, they were very open to questions, and taught my co-workers and I what we should and should not do.
My co-workers were like a family away from home, always willing to give a helping hand.
Hardest thing at my job was write the contracts the way my director wanted them.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the final event take place without a hitch. – less
Fun work study job
Front Desk Clerk-Advisement office (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLJuly 16, 2013
Help students with making appointments with Advisors on the computer, answer phones, file paperwork, copy, fax, and scan student information. Greet students and guest when checking in for advisement appointments.
Professional learning environment
Marine Professor (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 7, 2013
Instruct and guide students with skills to obtain employment in the Marine Industry.
Develop skills to repair and installing of marine engines, electrical, electronics, fiberglass, paint and plumbing.
Productive place for growth
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 6, 2013
At Broward College we patrol on foot as well as on carts. We also do Daily Activity Reports. We secure buildings and ensure everything such as doors, buildings, electronics, and every other property is secured daily. We check for suspicious activity frequently due to its an open campus. This is a great company to work for. My coworkers take work seriously – more... and we work as a team player. The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is free time to interact with others. – less
Fun Work place
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLJune 3, 2013
LOVE WORKING AT BROWARD COLLEGE ITS A FUN WORK ENVIROMENT GREAT CONNECTIONS AND EVENTS DECENT PAY
great environment for students learning experience
Tutor Mathematics (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 20, 2013
one-and-one basic tutoring service to students taking preparatory and college level mathematics. the management team is doing a great job as to keep the place clean, quiet and making sure it provides a learning environment.
Broward College is awesome to work for.
A/V Assistant Technology Department (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FloridaMarch 25, 2013
I have been employed by Broward College for over 3 years now and have no complaints about the workplace. It has been a pleasant experience working here.
Great work place
Art Professor (Current Employee), Davie, FLMarch 20, 2013
Cons: no benefits if you are an adjunct
First semester teaching was the most difficult, was hired for the Fall term began in which I had to quickly prepare my lessons and lecture notes. However, overtime you been to gather enough information to know which works best for class discussions.
Textbooks have been changed 3 times since I've started working at the College resulting in altering power-points, – more... assignments and all to follow new course outline.
Overall co-workers are great! – less
Productive environment for learning
Tutor (Former Employee), Davie, FloridaMarch 17, 2013
Assisted student learning in a variety of concepts and skills in Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Prepared students for exams and implemented enthusiasm for learning. Successfully improved students' understanding of the course work.
Wonderful Dean
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FLMarch 13, 2013
Very enjoyable work environment. Loved the professors. The hours where not regular 9 to 5.
Productive and fun work place
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 14, 2013
Good place to work, friendly co-workers. Management had not a problem, a lot you can learn from the job.
Great work place
I.T. Technician (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: taking lunch when your ready
Cons: sometimes their more then enough work that needs to be done before the deadline.
Working on computers all day. Replacing hardware and software daily. I learned how to image hard drives. Management never see in person. Co-worker are very helpful.The hardest part of the job is upgrading computers.
Part Time Position
Assistant Student Affairs (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2013
Assisting students in the application and enrollment process.
Full Time opportunities: difficult to obtain
Energetic Environment
Anatomy & Physiology Tutor (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 18, 2013
I am proud to be a broward college student and worker. Its a wonderful place to work, the people around you treat you like a family and most of all helping out the student always make my day.
Productive and fun work environment
Work Study Assistant (Current Employee), downtown fort lauderdaleJanuary 7, 2013
Job is perfect and all you need to really do is manage files, website, etc.
Great place to start an experince work enviroment
Assistant Specialist II Registrar's Office (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: when a employee is sick bc understands
Cons: to many positions as part time without benefits
Low supervision, every day is a new experience when the students contact us with their issues. Supervisors usually are so considerated and emphatics. The hours to work are Monday to Friday giving you the opportunity to spend time with with family.
All interactions with students have been positive and motivating in my roles of Academic Advising, Career Services and as an Adjunct Faculty Member.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 19, 2012
Broward College:
My typical day at work ran from 8:00AM until 9:15 at night when I facilitated evening classes. Because I enjoy working with students, my days were never routine, and I was never bored or frustrated. Given that my assignment was an independent posting, I had collaborative relationships rather than co-workers, and coming together with – more... individuals from various areas of the department and the community to plan and host events was always an exciting time. The hardest part of the job was watching the resources for students dwindle, but this provided opportunities for me to exercise my resourcefulness in order to support the students' academic and professional goals. Seeing the smiles or the tears of joy and learning of their accomplishments and successes as the semesters passed made it all worthwhile. – less
Excellent place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 19, 2012
A exciting place to work, you get to meet diferent people daily. the managers are col and the employers all get along.
Good Teaching environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Davie, FLNovember 16, 2012
Easy classes to teach, interesting students and easy guidelines.