Broward College Employee Reviews in United States

Hours slashed
Marine Production Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Can't keep a Dean. Student walkouts every year, Instructors not Safe or know the Marine industry. No inter office cohesion.
Pros
Set Hours
Cons
Zero Bennefits
love bc
student (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2015
great school to attend ..downtown campus that is.. i started in 2015, and ive been very pleased with the downtown campus so far. all if the teachers are great as well
Great environment with many opportunity to grow in customer service.
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 17, 2013
Reviewed calendar of events, help prepare what was needed for upcoming events, called new or returning talents for future events that were to be held at the college, and wrote up contract for director’s approval.
I learned great customer service skills, how to plan and execute large events, and working with a team to complete many tasks.
Management was well organized, they were very open to questions, and taught my co-workers and I what we should and should not do.
My co-workers were like a family away from home, always willing to give a helping hand.
Hardest thing at my job was write the contracts the way my director wanted them.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the final event take place without a hitch.
Pros
working at my college
Cons
only part-time possition
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work. The learning environment is conducive to helping adult learners develop the skills needed to enter into the workforce.
awesome environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 15, 2012
A great place to work. comfortable environment. management is awesome. staff and faculty is great. great benefits
Broward College
Adjunct Economics Professor (Current Employee) –  Coconut CreekApril 15, 2015
I teach Macro and Micro Economics at Broward College. Wonderful school to work for. I'm looking to move into a different career with more stable pay.
Challenging in the fact that one is always replacable
Creative Design (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work was to update the school's Student Life Website and work on creative design projects. I've gained experience in Photoshop CS3 because of working here. Management was always understanding and yet persistent in having things done on time. I worked by myself. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines that were given to me 'an hour ago' for the same day; however the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to finish up my homework in the mean time.
Pros
helped pay for school
Cons
money was coming out of my financial aid
Fun exciting place to work
Buyer Bookstore Administration (Current Employee) –  Davie, FlaApril 30, 2014
Purchase supplies for a student body of 60,000
Great co-workers
Nice holiday time off
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
some time working long hours
Respect for faculty and encouragemebt to strive to the highest levels of teaching remaings Broward's strength for those seeking employment.
Professor of Geology (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek Park, FLMarch 7, 2015
Broward College remains a community college first and foremost.
Its adherence to strict policy in faculty search is perhaps its strength which guaranties the top tier of faculty. Also, Broward has an advantage over many colleges in its hiring by its location in South Florida and reputation. It ranks as one of the countries top colleges.
Pros
a faculty dedicated to the first two years of college. all faculty possess at least a masters degree
Cons
course choises and library not as large as major universities.
Great School Environment
Associate in Arts (Former Employee) –  Laurel, NYMay 20, 2015
Broward College is a great facility to acquire a bachelor's degree. It is a friendly atmosphere and has dedicated teachers. The classes are offered in a variety of times and locations to accommodate the different schedules of the students. I look forward to graduating from here with a B.S. and would like to continue my education to receive a masters degree.
Pros
Flexible, great learning resources available.
Cons
N/A
Great environment to meet new people and help students with advisement
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of filing papers and talking with students over the phone. I learned more people skills and how to manage appointments. The management and co-workers were extremely professional and were always eager to help students. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the new faces but it also proved to be the best part of the job because I was able to meet new people.
Heavy work flow must be a hard worker to last but it was ok.
Small Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 23, 2013
I learned to use a lot of different equipment, the job gave a lot of experience in work with and around people and co-workers. A day at work consisted grounds maintenance, from picking up paper, setting up for an event, pressure cleaning, painting, to cutting grass. There was a lot of manger changing, but I had some of the best co-workers. The best part about working for this company was, great co-workers, not being confined and the benefits of the job.
Great work place
Art Professor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 20, 2013
First semester teaching was the most difficult, was hired for the Fall term began in which I had to quickly prepare my lessons and lecture notes. However, overtime you been to gather enough information to know which works best for class discussions.
Textbooks have been changed 3 times since I've started working at the College resulting in altering power-points, assignments and all to follow new course outline.
Overall co-workers are great!
Cons
no benefits if you are an adjunct
Great place to work part-time teaching students English which is my first love
Adjunct English professor (Former Employee) –  Davie, Fl.January 30, 2014
I was comfortable teaching at the college level because I have done that for at least 10 years. I liked the ability to be independent, creating my syllabus with the teaching content required for ENC 1101 and 1102. I was treated with respect and enjoyed my students.

The hardest part of the ob was the low pay, but I felt the rewards outweighed the monetary compensation.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Volunteer work
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 27, 2015
I would follow the Creative Curriculum with the age group I was assigned to. I learned a lot about how to handle certain situations with children, parents, and co-workers. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was that fact that I did not have any experience in a child care center but I was able to learn a lot.
Great place to start an experince work enviroment
Assistant Specialist II Registrar's Office (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJanuary 7, 2013
Low supervision, every day is a new experience when the students contact us with their issues. Supervisors usually are so considerated and emphatics. The hours to work are Monday to Friday giving you the opportunity to spend time with with family.
Pros
when a employee is sick bc understands
Cons
to many positions as part time without benefits
Productive/Fun Enviroment
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2015
My days were spent filling papers and assisting student in the enrollment process. Tasks become tedious but bearable.

The hardest part of the job was turning people away to complete the enrollment process correctly. This sometimes lead to telling some individual they weren't eligible to attend.

What I enjoyed most was meeting and hear the stories of the many students that came through admissions.
Flexibility at Broward College
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FloridaMay 11, 2015
Working at Broward College has been a great experience for me, especially with the flexibility it allowed me to have while I was attending school. One of the things that I learned is patience in dealing with the students, especially when the initial information relayed was unclear.
Tutor Students Broward College
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 5, 2014
A typical day at work, I had to be available for any help needed by students, from questions about their Computer's Literacy Projects, to troubleshoot any hardware or software issues that might happen.
I had to troubleshoot the computers, printers in the Computer Lab. Also, per student's request deploy computers with the Operating system needed for practice. That procedure was done, by ghosting several images to the computers.I also had to solve Staff problems and provide assistance to their requests. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students, and feel the satisfaction of helping others. I also enjoyed learning something new everyday about technology. It was a work-study job, so I was working part time, and studying part-time Networking Administration. I really enjoyed working in a education environment.
Pros
no commuting necessary from classes to job.
Cons
just part-time
Great work place
I.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 22, 2013
Working on computers all day. Replacing hardware and software daily. I learned how to image hard drives. Management never see in person. Co-worker are very helpful.The hardest part of the job is upgrading computers.
Pros
taking lunch when your ready
Cons
sometimes their more then enough work that needs to be done before the deadline.

4.3