Broward College Employee Reviews

Fun and interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 8, 2017
Fairly fast paced especially at the start of each new semester. A lot of filing and basic secretarial duties.
I was able to learn how class schedules work, how to add and drop students as well as set them up with remediation when they needed.
The Dean was a very intelligent person and I was able to learn a lot from her, not just on educational but every day life as well. She came off as having an abrasive personality but genuinely had a huge heart. Most of the students were amazing and a great laugh, I was able to build some great friendships with both students and co-workers.
The hardest part was always at the start of the semester. All in all it really wasn't hard, just very busy. There were a few times when our system went down and that was pretty stressful, but we always figured it out.
The lunches and meetings were usually great! I am very happy to say that I was able to build some life long friendships.
Pros
Fun, kept me busy
Cons
When the system would go down
Extremely concerned students
New student Orientation staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2017
The work environment was complex but stimulating students had pompous questions. Learning was the nature of the environment. The technology was functioning properly power-points was created to teach new incoming students. Management was there to help in difficult situations. The hardest part of the job was getting students to remember what they learned. Enjoyable part of the job was being able to use my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Time Limited
Hardworking and helpful environment.
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work is just interacting with students and assisting them with registering them for school. I have learned how to work well with others, how to manage time, and how to become more organized. This job is quite manageable but it will get a bit hectic around the time of registering for the school. The most enjoyable part of the job are the workers; they are very nice, friendly,funny, kind, and willing to help you with any difficulties that you're having.
A good place to teach.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 25, 2017
Broward College used to be Broward Community College. They have graduated to the new name and it shows. The work environment is professional and they are up to date with the latest technology. The administration is supportive but stays out of the way. I recommend it for professors and students alike.
Pros
Flexible, wide range of subject matter.
Cons
They distribute their courses to adjuncts, so good luck getting a full-time job.
Laid-back and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 24, 2017
I worked in the library so the student traffic wasn't too bad. I helped students rent out laptops, videos or calculators if they needed it. I also assisted in any computer software issues they had.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309May 22, 2017
As a long term growth, Broward College is a great place to work. there are many rooms for advancement, I have been working there for 4 years, the staff are very supportive.
Great place to work at!
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 17, 2017
Loved working here. It was my favorite and first job I've ever had! I have definitely learned a lot and it truly felt like a family there. After 4 years, I received my bachelors degree but no raise and just could not live off $10/hr anymore.
Great place to go to college
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 11, 2017
I was selected the honor to serve my fellow veterans in the Veterans Resource Center. This was a brand new position so I had to develop a business plan and gather information to help my fellow veterans not only at the college but with communities agency that can help.
Pros
Service to other
Cons
Non
great place for technology
Lead Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 10, 2017
Learned all the SAS products for BI - got formally trained and certified. Certain old school bosses make this place not flexible however other bosses were great and allowed remote work and more flexibility on PTO, etc. pay not so good but makes up in benefits and time off if you stay long enough.
Broward College
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 1, 2017
Working here helps me reach out to college students who need a helping hand. I like to see when the students get the " Ah ha" moment when it finally clicks.
Pros
Helping others
Benefits
Loved it.
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 27, 2017
I loved the culture at Broward College. Great colleagues, campus, and students. I enjoyed going to work every day and if it hadn't been a temp position, I would've stayed.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement for full-time perm employees.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Great Place
Relief Advocate (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLApril 24, 2017
Great Place. Great staff. Great location. This place is a great place to work. The students are respectful and easy to get along with. There are more than one location.
Pros
work
Broward College Review
Testing Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 20, 2017
Great experience, love working with students and supervisors are always willing to help. I enjoy motivating students and taking my time to properly assist staff member's with anything that is going to fully contribute to improving the school system, and work environment.
Safe place
night shift, part-time — Admission (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 10, 2017
I love what the have done to the place such as remodeling. I love the math lab answer keys books.
People there was okay but not very helpful. but i went school there.
Productive , challenging , mentally stimulating environment
Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 7, 2017
When I started working at BC, I was a fresh graduate. I came with little experience but enough subject oriented knowledge. Broward college as well as PBSC provided me with ample opportunities for career development workshops. Today I am a competent science teacher with enough knowledge on class room management , student motivation, and technology to help students overcome their hurdles to achieve success in their endeavors.
Pros
Relaxed yet challenging
Cons
salary
It was a great experience
Dance Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 5, 2017
I was fortunate to work for a short period of time but it was nice working with my Dance Director. She is such an inspiring individual and was able to always motivate me to be better. It was unfortunate when the school eliminated my position after one semester.
It was an honor to be part of BC one of the best 10 colleges in the country
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLApril 4, 2017
Excellent support from supervisors
High level of professionalism expected
Given independency to develop clases under their standards
Students are committed to succeed
Plenty of resources succed
Great College....very stressful
Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 27, 2017
The people who work here are extremely committed to education and the students. It is a very stressful work environment. If you want to be in education and are committed to the students and you thrive on stress, this is a great place to work.
Pros
People and commitment to education
Cons
very stressful
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Broward College when it was Community College. The people were down to earth and very helpful. This school really did make a huge difference in my life, I will never forget the time I worked here.
Pros
Great Place to work
Okay work environment
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 1, 2017
The manager i had at the time i was there didn't care about employees personal growth. He would not accommodate schedule to allow his staff to go to school.
Pros
The benefits were great
Cons
Bad Supervisors