Broward College Employee Reviews

As of recent events at the central campus. Get your degree and leave
Campus Safety Officer-CCTV Officer (Current Employee), Davie, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: management, yearly rotation of schedules
Get job, but too many personal issues with the management of Broward College from the Sgt. to the top. my advice is to use the education benefits and complete a degree, then leave because if your not a particular person of there ideal candidate such as ex. police, military, corrections, etc, you wont be there for lone.

The Co-Workers are great, except for the interim Cpl. supervisor that recently got there promotions. All supervisors from before 2010 are great,but the new staffing don't have a clue how to run the department, lots of Overtime, Call-outs, Resignation because of mismanagement.
Very productive and fun place to get involved in.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Student Ambassador
• I am a great leader representative where I meet a lot of new people build communication and customer service skills.
• Working in association with student life and SGA to set up every event on campus.
• Helping Admission and advising offices with student applications; help student register for classes and solve registrations errors.
• Direct campus tours to new students; make and answering phone calls as well.
• Maintain quality control/satisfaction records, constantly seeking new ways to improve customer service.
very productive place to work
Student assistant (Former Employee), FLSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day I work would be, I come in put my bag down sing in go strait to filling paper, running errands, helping students out who might have any questions. About two to three hours, I switch position with my co worker who leaves for that day. I become the front desk assistant which contains of :Performed all general office duties including answering an 8 line phone system while checking students in for their appointments and making sure they have the proper documents for their appointments. I learned that I can multitask very well and love helping others. My co workers are all good at what they do, we workers as a team and that is how we get things done in the office. the most enjoyable part of that job was helping the student singing up for school and to see the excitement in their faces when they come out and thank me. If I did not have to leave for school, most likely I would still be working there.
Interact with diverse group of people daily
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: room for growth
Cons: short hours
Very busy work environment yet beneficial. Walking and standing for long periods, must be helpful, work at a faast pase.
Broward College is a good place to work.
ACCOUNTANT - BOOKSTORES (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Good place to work with very good benefits. Plenty of time off, and good people working there.
Productive and great people and great place to work
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale FlaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: it was a temparory position
On a regular day check email and do research and form a excel spreadsheet with the information that I found.
One of the top ten college in the Southeast
Student (HIM) (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: campus locations throughout broward county
Cons: can't think of any.
Professors work with the student all the way. Lots of online and night classes offered for working professionals. Students can escalate issues easily to the dean. Recommend Broward College especially for their BSN and HIM program.
Amazing
Student & Office Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FLAugust 4, 2013
Broward taught me a lot of values task and overall life lessons for personal and business
Great environment with many opportunity to grow in customer service.
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 17, 2013
Pros: working at my college
Cons: only part-time possition
Reviewed calendar of events, help prepare what was needed for upcoming events, called new or returning talents for future events that were to be held at the college, and wrote up contract for director’s approval.
I learned great customer service skills, how to plan and execute large events, and working with a team to complete many tasks.
Management was well organized, they were very open to questions, and taught my co-workers and I what we should and should not do.
My co-workers were like a family away from home, always willing to give a helping hand.
Hardest thing at my job was write the contracts the way my director wanted them.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the final event take place without a hitch.
Fun work study job
Front Desk Clerk-Advisement office (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLJuly 16, 2013
Help students with making appointments with Advisors on the computer, answer phones, file paperwork, copy, fax, and scan student information. Greet students and guest when checking in for advisement appointments.
Professional learning environment
Marine Professor (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 7, 2013
Instruct and guide students with skills to obtain employment in the Marine Industry.
Develop skills to repair and installing of marine engines, electrical, electronics, fiberglass, paint and plumbing.
Productive place for growth
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 6, 2013
At Broward College we patrol on foot as well as on carts. We also do Daily Activity Reports. We secure buildings and ensure everything such as doors, buildings, electronics, and every other property is secured daily. We check for suspicious activity frequently due to its an open campus. This is a great company to work for. My coworkers take work seriously and we work as a team player. The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is free time to interact with others.
Fun Work place
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLJune 3, 2013
LOVE WORKING AT BROWARD COLLEGE ITS A FUN WORK ENVIROMENT GREAT CONNECTIONS AND EVENTS DECENT PAY
great environment for students learning experience
Tutor Mathematics (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 20, 2013
one-and-one basic tutoring service to students taking preparatory and college level mathematics. the management team is doing a great job as to keep the place clean, quiet and making sure it provides a learning environment.
Broward College is awesome to work for.
A/V Assistant Technology Department (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FloridaMarch 25, 2013
I have been employed by Broward College for over 3 years now and have no complaints about the workplace. It has been a pleasant experience working here.
Great work place
Art Professor (Current Employee), Davie, FLMarch 20, 2013
Cons: no benefits if you are an adjunct
First semester teaching was the most difficult, was hired for the Fall term began in which I had to quickly prepare my lessons and lecture notes. However, overtime you been to gather enough information to know which works best for class discussions.
Textbooks have been changed 3 times since I've started working at the College resulting in altering power-points, assignments and all to follow new course outline.
Overall co-workers are great!
Productive environment for learning
Tutor (Former Employee), Davie, FloridaMarch 17, 2013
Assisted student learning in a variety of concepts and skills in Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Prepared students for exams and implemented enthusiasm for learning. Successfully improved students' understanding of the course work.
Wonderful Dean
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FLMarch 13, 2013
Very enjoyable work environment. Loved the professors. The hours where not regular 9 to 5.
Productive and fun work place
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 14, 2013
Good place to work, friendly co-workers. Management had not a problem, a lot you can learn from the job.
Great work place
I.T. Technician (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: taking lunch when your ready
Cons: sometimes their more then enough work that needs to be done before the deadline.
Working on computers all day. Replacing hardware and software daily. I learned how to image hard drives. Management never see in person. Co-worker are very helpful.The hardest part of the job is upgrading computers.