Broward College Employee Reviews in United States

Broward College
Broward College (Former Employee) –  North Campus in Coconut CreekNovember 2, 2013
I enjoyed working at Broward College because I had the opportunity to work in different fields (helping Advisors and Professors as well as the summer college program which was open for teenagers to give them a taste of college) and with some very amazing and from whom I learned a great deal from. I guess the most difficult part of my job was not having access to certain fields in order to research and find out where the problem originated. I enjoyed working with all the staff and the students.
Very productive and fun place to get involved in.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Student Ambassador
• I am a great leader representative where I meet a lot of new people build communication and customer service skills.
• Working in association with student life and SGA to set up every event on campus.
• Helping Admission and advising offices with student applications; help student register for classes and solve registrations errors.
• Direct campus tours to new students; make and answering phone calls as well.
• Maintain quality control/satisfaction records, constantly seeking new ways to improve customer service.
Productive place for growth
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 6, 2013
At Broward College we patrol on foot as well as on carts. We also do Daily Activity Reports. We secure buildings and ensure everything such as doors, buildings, electronics, and every other property is secured daily. We check for suspicious activity frequently due to its an open campus. This is a great company to work for. My coworkers take work seriously and we work as a team player. The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is free time to interact with others.
Challenging in the fact that one is always replacable
Creative Design (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work was to update the school's Student Life Website and work on creative design projects. I've gained experience in Photoshop CS3 because of working here. Management was always understanding and yet persistent in having things done on time. I worked by myself. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines that were given to me 'an hour ago' for the same day; however the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to finish up my homework in the mean time.
Pros
helped pay for school
Cons
money was coming out of my financial aid
Helping students
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2012
Everyday was full of surprises. I helped students with their financial aid process. I learned from this position that nothing is promised. The hardest part of this jjob was informing students that they would not be getting aid from the state for their classes. The most enjoyable would be seeing the smiles on the faces of the students when everything goes through for them to start classes. It was a hard job sometimes but someone had to do it...
Great work place
Art Professor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 20, 2013
First semester teaching was the most difficult, was hired for the Fall term began in which I had to quickly prepare my lessons and lecture notes. However, overtime you been to gather enough information to know which works best for class discussions.
Textbooks have been changed 3 times since I've started working at the College resulting in altering power-points, assignments and all to follow new course outline.
Overall co-workers are great!
Cons
no benefits if you are an adjunct
As of recent events at the central campus. Get your degree and leave
Campus Safety Officer-CCTV Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Get job, but too many personal issues with the management of Broward College from the Sgt. to the top. my advice is to use the education benefits and complete a degree, then leave because if your not a particular person of there ideal candidate such as ex. police, military, corrections, etc, you wont be there for lone.

The Co-Workers are great, except for the interim Cpl. supervisor that recently got there promotions. All supervisors from before 2010 are great,but the new staffing don't have a clue how to run the department, lots of Overtime, Call-outs, Resignation because of mismanagement.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
management, yearly rotation of schedules
Great place to work!
SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 13, 2013
Broward College is an excellent place to work for many reasons. They offer great benefits for both part-time and full-time employees and training is always available to improve yourself in your field or to become familiar with other desired fields.

The most positive aspect is that management is always open to new ideas, concepts, and advancement. The most challenging aspect of my particular position is being able to to obtain the necessary funding for our department to consistently implement and manage these new ideas or concepts. This generally creates a lot of compromise and thus the quality of our final product can be quite limited at times.
Pros
growth, opportunity, flexible, management, benefits
Cons
bureaucracy
Job duty
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  FLFebruary 8, 2014
The job duty is to enforce and ensure compliance with college policies and procedures; to provide security for personnel, real property, and equipment; investigate and document crimes/incidents; document and preserve evidence; provide legal testimony; maintain a safe and secure learning and working environment; ensure public awareness of health and safety issues; and perform related work as directed.
Great place to start an experince work enviroment
Assistant Specialist II Registrar's Office (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJanuary 7, 2013
Low supervision, every day is a new experience when the students contact us with their issues. Supervisors usually are so considerated and emphatics. The hours to work are Monday to Friday giving you the opportunity to spend time with with family.
Pros
when a employee is sick bc understands
Cons
to many positions as part time without benefits
Great place to work at
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FlMarch 20, 2015
It was a great place to work at. The work environment was very relaxed. Co-workers were also great. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students succeed in their math courses
Adjunct Economics Professor (Current Employee) –  Coconut CreekApril 15, 2015
I teach Macro and Micro Economics at Broward College. Wonderful school to work for. I'm looking to move into a different career with more stable pay.
Great environment with many opportunity to grow in customer service.
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 17, 2013
Reviewed calendar of events, help prepare what was needed for upcoming events, called new or returning talents for future events that were to be held at the college, and wrote up contract for director’s approval.
I learned great customer service skills, how to plan and execute large events, and working with a team to complete many tasks.
Management was well organized, they were very open to questions, and taught my co-workers and I what we should and should not do.
My co-workers were like a family away from home, always willing to give a helping hand.
Hardest thing at my job was write the contracts the way my director wanted them.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the final event take place without a hitch.
Pros
working at my college
Cons
only part-time possition
Excellant place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 8, 2012
researched legislation
how to interact with legislatos and addressing legislation with them
great leader with vast knowledge of the process
fun people to work with, good enviroment
nothing hard abot it
seeing legislation passed, that we worked on, being given credit for a statewide report
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
always on a deadline, needing information
Fun workplace
Broward College Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 21, 2015
Working as an Ambassador was a fun experience for me. I learned a lot and I had the chance to develop my leadership and communication skills.
Broward College
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 3, 2014
Broward College is a great place to work! The administration, faculty, and staff are available to meet with you if you need to talk and the college does its very best in ensuring that students get a great education at an affordable price.
Tutor Students Broward College
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 5, 2014
A typical day at work, I had to be available for any help needed by students, from questions about their Computer's Literacy Projects, to troubleshoot any hardware or software issues that might happen.
I had to troubleshoot the computers, printers in the Computer Lab. Also, per student's request deploy computers with the Operating system needed for practice. That procedure was done, by ghosting several images to the computers.I also had to solve Staff problems and provide assistance to their requests. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students, and feel the satisfaction of helping others. I also enjoyed learning something new everyday about technology. It was a work-study job, so I was working part time, and studying part-time Networking Administration. I really enjoyed working in a education environment.
Pros
no commuting necessary from classes to job.
Cons
just part-time
Great work place
I.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 22, 2013
Working on computers all day. Replacing hardware and software daily. I learned how to image hard drives. Management never see in person. Co-worker are very helpful.The hardest part of the job is upgrading computers.
Pros
taking lunch when your ready
Cons
sometimes their more then enough work that needs to be done before the deadline.
One of the top ten college in the Southeast
Student (HIM) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2013
Professors work with the student all the way. Lots of online and night classes offered for working professionals. Students can escalate issues easily to the dean. Recommend Broward College especially for their BSN and HIM program.
Pros
campus locations throughout broward county
Cons
can't think of any.
Excellent staff to work with!!!
Student Affairs Specialist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLApril 19, 2014
Great place to work, was employed with them for 18 years, Excellent benefits. Only left because of relocation to another state:)

Very student friendly and great degree curriculum and fair student costs.
Pros
helping students
Cons
extremely busy during peak registration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3