Broward College Employee Reviews

Great environment to meet new people and help students with advisement
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of filing papers and talking with students over the phone. I learned more people skills and how to manage appointments. The management and co-workers were extremely professional and were always eager to help students. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the new faces but it also proved to be the best part of the job because I was able to meet new people.
Best place to work and learn.
Experiential Lab Tutor I (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 30, 2014
Evaluating the computers in the lab.
Optimize lab computers for performance and software.
Help students understand the software or the iMac computer.
Help students understand graphic/ multimedia design language.
Create flyers for the multimedia department
Pros
By tutoring students, I became more proficient in my skills in Maya, also got to work with third generation 27 inch i7 imacs.
Cons
Computer lab had issues with software and computer upgrades
Broward College taught me leadership skills, and helped me to become a better person.
New Student Orientation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLApril 25, 2014
On a typical day at Broward College, I have to be infront of a classroom, full of new students, and present a 3 hour powerpoint presentation. This position, allowed me to gain experience in delivering effective messages through powerpoint slides and allowed me to gain public speaking skills. In this position, it required me to build a strong bond with my coworkers, because it was important for for my coworkers and I to work as a team, in order for our presentations to run smoothly and be organized. The most enjoyable part of my job is that i get to meet people from all different types of backgrounds.
Heavy work flow must be a hard worker to last but it was ok.
Small Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 23, 2013
I learned to use a lot of different equipment, the job gave a lot of experience in work with and around people and co-workers. A day at work consisted grounds maintenance, from picking up paper, setting up for an event, pressure cleaning, painting, to cutting grass. There was a lot of manger changing, but I had some of the best co-workers. The best part about working for this company was, great co-workers, not being confined and the benefits of the job.
Broward College Review Summary
Instructor and Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at Broward College consist of helping students and faculty accomplish their goals. For example, students are always in need of assistance with their school schedules, and majority of our full-time faculty members need assistance with technology. Providing my services has helped me to get promoted and expand my unlimited knowledge of modern technology and public relations.
Pros
Great employment opportunities
Cons
Employment contracts are too short
Great place to work part-time teaching students English which is my first love
Adjunct English professor (Former Employee) –  Davie, Fl.January 30, 2014
I was comfortable teaching at the college level because I have done that for at least 10 years. I liked the ability to be independent, creating my syllabus with the teaching content required for ENC 1101 and 1102. I was treated with respect and enjoyed my students.

The hardest part of the ob was the low pay, but I felt the rewards outweighed the monetary compensation.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Productive place for growth
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 6, 2013
At Broward College we patrol on foot as well as on carts. We also do Daily Activity Reports. We secure buildings and ensure everything such as doors, buildings, electronics, and every other property is secured daily. We check for suspicious activity frequently due to its an open campus. This is a great company to work for. My coworkers take work seriously and we work as a team player. The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is free time to interact with others.
Challenging in the fact that one is always replacable
Creative Design (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work was to update the school's Student Life Website and work on creative design projects. I've gained experience in Photoshop CS3 because of working here. Management was always understanding and yet persistent in having things done on time. I worked by myself. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines that were given to me 'an hour ago' for the same day; however the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to finish up my homework in the mean time.
Pros
helped pay for school
Cons
money was coming out of my financial aid
Helping students
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2012
Everyday was full of surprises. I helped students with their financial aid process. I learned from this position that nothing is promised. The hardest part of this jjob was informing students that they would not be getting aid from the state for their classes. The most enjoyable would be seeing the smiles on the faces of the students when everything goes through for them to start classes. It was a hard job sometimes but someone had to do it...
Great work place
Art Professor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 20, 2013
First semester teaching was the most difficult, was hired for the Fall term began in which I had to quickly prepare my lessons and lecture notes. However, overtime you been to gather enough information to know which works best for class discussions.
Textbooks have been changed 3 times since I've started working at the College resulting in altering power-points, assignments and all to follow new course outline.
Overall co-workers are great!
Cons
no benefits if you are an adjunct
Very productive and fun place to get involved in.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Student Ambassador
• I am a great leader representative where I meet a lot of new people build communication and customer service skills.
• Working in association with student life and SGA to set up every event on campus.
• Helping Admission and advising offices with student applications; help student register for classes and solve registrations errors.
• Direct campus tours to new students; make and answering phone calls as well.
• Maintain quality control/satisfaction records, constantly seeking new ways to improve customer service.
Broward College
Broward College (Former Employee) –  North Campus in Coconut CreekNovember 2, 2013
I enjoyed working at Broward College because I had the opportunity to work in different fields (helping Advisors and Professors as well as the summer college program which was open for teenagers to give them a taste of college) and with some very amazing and from whom I learned a great deal from. I guess the most difficult part of my job was not having access to certain fields in order to research and find out where the problem originated. I enjoyed working with all the staff and the students.
Its gets a little busy at times but our flow of track and staff still makes it fill as if its no line no waiting. Friendly environment!
Senior Registration Specialist- Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 10, 2013
My typical day at work involves servicing students with all registration process. I believe getting an education and degree will take you far in life. My co-workers are very intelligent, nice and friendly. Their isn't a hard part about my job but when difficult situations occur im able to tackle them with the knowledge and expericence I have here for over seven and a half years. Im well rounded in just about everything I do. my enjoyable part of my job is working with a wonderful group a staff members.
Pros
Flexibility, tuition exemption
Cons
One hour lunch break
As of recent events at the central campus. Get your degree and leave
Campus Safety Officer-CCTV Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Get job, but too many personal issues with the management of Broward College from the Sgt. to the top. my advice is to use the education benefits and complete a degree, then leave because if your not a particular person of there ideal candidate such as ex. police, military, corrections, etc, you wont be there for lone.

The Co-Workers are great, except for the interim Cpl. supervisor that recently got there promotions. All supervisors from before 2010 are great,but the new staffing don't have a clue how to run the department, lots of Overtime, Call-outs, Resignation because of mismanagement.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
management, yearly rotation of schedules
Volunteer work
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 27, 2015
I would follow the Creative Curriculum with the age group I was assigned to. I learned a lot about how to handle certain situations with children, parents, and co-workers. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was that fact that I did not have any experience in a child care center but I was able to learn a lot.
Great place to work!
SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 13, 2013
Broward College is an excellent place to work for many reasons. They offer great benefits for both part-time and full-time employees and training is always available to improve yourself in your field or to become familiar with other desired fields.

The most positive aspect is that management is always open to new ideas, concepts, and advancement. The most challenging aspect of my particular position is being able to to obtain the necessary funding for our department to consistently implement and manage these new ideas or concepts. This generally creates a lot of compromise and thus the quality of our final product can be quite limited at times.
Pros
Growth, opportunity, flexible, management, benefits
Cons
bureaucracy
Job duty
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  FLFebruary 8, 2014
The job duty is to enforce and ensure compliance with college policies and procedures; to provide security for personnel, real property, and equipment; investigate and document crimes/incidents; document and preserve evidence; provide legal testimony; maintain a safe and secure learning and working environment; ensure public awareness of health and safety issues; and perform related work as directed.
Productive place to be
Admission officer (Current Employee) –  coconut creekOctober 1, 2015
A great place to be, people get to help great student and family staff. I've learn so much about people, Working with a productive staff is always a A+ in my book
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
part time no health insurance
Great place to start an experince work enviroment
Assistant Specialist II Registrar's Office (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJanuary 7, 2013
Low supervision, every day is a new experience when the students contact us with their issues. Supervisors usually are so considerated and emphatics. The hours to work are Monday to Friday giving you the opportunity to spend time with with family.
Pros
when a employee is sick bc understands
Cons
to many positions as part time without benefits
Great environment with many opportunity to grow in customer service.
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 17, 2013
Reviewed calendar of events, help prepare what was needed for upcoming events, called new or returning talents for future events that were to be held at the college, and wrote up contract for director’s approval.
I learned great customer service skills, how to plan and execute large events, and working with a team to complete many tasks.
Management was well organized, they were very open to questions, and taught my co-workers and I what we should and should not do.
My co-workers were like a family away from home, always willing to give a helping hand.
Hardest thing at my job was write the contracts the way my director wanted them.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the final event take place without a hitch.
Pros
working at my college
Cons
only part-time possition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3