Broward County Public Schools

Broward County Public Schools United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyable working with special needs and mainstream children.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Parkland, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: Off work in time to be home with my 14 year old.
Cons: low pay.
I have a gift with children especially special needs children. I have an older sister who is handicapped as well as my a child of my own with special needs.
Incredible work experience. Began as a temp and made office manager in 3 years.
Cofidential Office Manager (Former Employee), Weston, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits and advancement possibliities.
Cons: Raises were slow.
Enjoyed the entire work experience and the district interaction. The benefits are top notch, the ability to advance is excellent, and the staff and administration I worked for were second to none. Hoping to find the same experience with the Baltimore County Public School Board.
Very good place to start a career and retire
Bookkeeper/ Budget Keeper (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: budget cuts
I am surrounded by individuals who are interested in seeing students lives change for the better. I enjoy working for a company where there is room for growth within the company. I am challenged daily to utilize my skills, and I really enjoy that.
Inspiring
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Working with young adults. Encouraging individuals with disabilities to realize that their disabilities do not limit vocational aspirations.
No beneficial changes
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 12, 2015
While the kids make substituting worthwhile it is the school board administration that makes the job most inconvenient. There has been no beneficial changes to this job since I began substitute teaching 3 years ago.
School (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 28, 2015
Good place to work with great benefits and perks! Just wish there was room for growth
Great Place to Work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Broward CountyJanuary 15, 2015
I have learned classroom management working with the school board. I have enjoyed working with the school board. The training has prepared me for becoming a teacher. The collaborative environment makes it a great place to not only teach but also learn.
The job was an experience that I would not have traded for anything
Head-Facilities Serviceperson (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale,FlJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working mornings(day shift), good benefits and weekends and holidays off.
Cons: rare lunch breaks
Work day was very busy.
That the work I did mattered to a lot of people.
Usually very inappreciative of extra time and effort given(Management).
Great People.
Not having the freedom to be able give as much as you would like to.
Working with my co-works and the kids was a wonderful experience.
Promoting best performance in academic and social endeavors
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 24, 2014
Familiarity with all subjects of instruction required. Fairness: Ability to establish an evenhanded and ethical atmosphere for all students.
Ability to work with lesson plans established by primary teacher. Versatility in methods of instruction and ability to adapt quickly.
Flexibility: Ability to adapt to new environments and to the students as individuals. Ability to adapt lesson plan/instruction techniques for students with special needs. Familiarity with theories and practices of education and child development. Ability to properly handle misconduct.
Good Environment
Teacher (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 29, 2014
No worse or better than any other high school in Broward County. Has many things to be proud of and successes that were achieved.
Excellent place to work
Teacher's Assistant Morrow Elementary (Former Employee), North Lauderdale, FLSeptember 25, 2014
I learned a lot and the staff was very helpful.
The Job Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement, Management, and Job Culture helped me to excel in this position.
Job is stable, but I am ready to move on
Math Teacher (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 5, 2014
I think I am ready again to move on back to engineering, a career I always enjoyed.I became a teacher because of circumstances beyond my contrlol. Please see my resume.
Good Place to work
Facilities (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: pay
Cleaning cleaning cleaning. That's the name of the job. If you hate cleaning do not apply for this position.
Excellent School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2014
Broward County Schools is one of the top-tier school districts in the State of Florida. It has been a privilege to work alongside some of the most talented educators and administrators I have ever met.
I have been a teacher for almost 20 years. I am enthuiastic about learning and growing as a professional. I enjoy working with children.
New Teacher Academy (Trainer)/Teacher (Current Employee), Silver Lakes Elementary SchoolJune 6, 2014
I enjoy working with children, thus my career is an ideal profession for me. On a personal note, It is important that I always grow personally and professionally as a learner myself. I am a risk taker and innovative thinker.
Educated and mentored many adolescents!
High/Middle School Teacher and Athletic Director (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJune 1, 2014
Pros: making a difference!
Cons: lack of respect and pay for educators.
I served as a math teacher for 4 years and as a Physical Education teacher for one year. I truly enjoyed my years as an educator as I was privileged to positively influence many teen aged students for a brighter future in our society. Teachers in this country are not valued enough but there is not one career with more influence on our future. I also had the pleasure to serve as a middle school athletic director for two of those years. I was responsible for accurately managing the school's athletic department and budget.
Enjoy working for the school board
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Hollywood, Fl/ South Broward HighschoolDecember 1, 2013
Pros: lunch allowances
Great benefits, lunch allowances, professional environment.
Productive and caring work environment
Student Clerk (Former Employee), Oakland Park, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: paid lunch hour
Cons: temporary employment
A typical work day for me would be answering phones, data entry report, filing and any other office duties assigned by my supervisorI learned a lot from work as a student clerk, professionalism, increased my computer skills, customer service with a smile. My co workers and I got along very well, working to acheive the company goals daily. The hardest part of my job not being able to stay longer to enhance my my skills. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working with coworker who cared so much about their job
different
General Educator, Kindergarten (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2013
It was a nice and different experience especially with all of the different cultures. What drove me on was the price of living vs. compensation.
Productive staff with excellent rules and regulations.
Interim Teacher (Former Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 12, 2013
Pros: able to eat lunch with class.
Cons: planning periods are awesome.
Developed and implemented daily and unit lesson plans for 8th grade

· Administered testing, tracked and analyzed class performance

· Developed excellent rapport with students

· Used manipulative to teach different math strategies

· Conducted parent teacher conferences