Broward County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Nightmare for thousands of Employees
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 21, 2016
This district works to ruin the staff and protects those in the proper connections. The salaries are low for cost of living in Broward. Employees can be freely hunted. You have no rights! The contracts are one year and if you are an EFFECTIVE teacher and someone doesn't like you, you have no job at the end of the school year. You also lose all of your benefits. Broward Schools Police are used to abuse staff. This is NOT a good culture to come in to or work for.

The cost of living is HIGH in Broward and the staff is suffering. Management obtains HUGE raises (if you're in the proper group) of up to 50% and the general staff pleads for 2%. The mismanagement of the faciities are disgraceful. There are videos on YouTube. If you are looking for job security and want to start a career, DO NOT WORK FOR Broward County Public Schools!
Pros
The students are AMAZING
Cons
You can be freely hunted and have no job security
Wonderful and passionate co-workers
Foreign Language Teacher/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2016
Changes are taking place in Education in general across the board and in the entire nation. It is more and more difficult to manage personal life/work/satisfaction.
Pros
Co-workers and benefits
Cons
Difficult balance personal life/work/satisfaction
Very fun and rewarding career. Great benefits and stable.
High School Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 17, 2016
I had a wonderful time in the year that I taught high school. I would love to work with children again. One day I hope to get back to doing what I love.
Pros
Great hours, vacations and benefits
Cons
Sometimes the kids can be stubborn!
Productive and fun place to work.
Education¬≠Third and fourth grade teacher (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2016
Served as Team Leader providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the 4th grade team for the purpose of fostering collaborative learning among teachers.
Link learning with fun, allowing students to tap into their creativity while learning.
Create an intrinsic desire in my students to learn-helping them understand the value of their education.
Provide students with resources, tools, and knowledge to help them reach their goals throughout their academic lives.
Make sure to create a rapport with students to build teacher-student relationships. As well as with parents and colleagues to create a network that fosters quality education.
Create a safe environment where making mistakes is part of learning.
Allow students to track their progress, equipping them with the skills to assess their own understanding of the material.
Tailor instruction for every student through planned differentiated instruction.
Solid classroom management through proactive strategies.
Great educational environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 1, 2016
The community and staff at BCPS made a welcoming and constructive environment. I was able to grow as an individual and professional, gaining much of my experience working in and out of the classroom. Both the teacher assistant position and the substitute positions I held in Broward County Public Schools gave me the skills and experience needed in handling student behavior, managing time and assignments, and getting involved in school and community events.
Decent place to work, was part time
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 13, 2016
We did a lot with a skeleton crew in the summer of 2013. But we did everything as requested.

I didn't get benefits cause I was part-time
Pros
Cons
None really
Warm Atmosphere
Full time Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLNovember 18, 2016
A typical day working as a substitute teacher is enjoyable. Since I've grown up working with children, I find that I'm happiest around young adults who are slow to judge. I learn something new from my students every day. My co-workers range every day and I get to meet more people all of the time.
Pros
Learn something new everyday
Cons
Can't bring my daughter to work with me
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Guidance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 26, 2016
It was always a pleasure to work with the students and train the staff for testing. The many roles of a school counselor often overlapped which made it difficult to meet all the needs required. You must be great at time management, work well under pressure, and be very flexible.
Pros
There is always something new to learn.
Cons
The responsibilities of the counselors often overlap.
Sawgrass Levis
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 23, 2016
working for this company was horrible ! the management does not care about you and has favoritism. they take advantage of you. and does not care if you are in school.
Computer Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parkland, FLSeptember 5, 2016
Every day is different. Challenging and fast paced. Love helping out staff and students with their technology requirements. Management is supportive and encouraging. Everyone helps out to better the life of every student.
productive and rewarding workplace
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 14, 2016
This job is rewarding if you love working with children. You can also select the schools you wish to work with. The staff is also amazing. Working with BCPS allows you to learn and grow within Broward County.
Pros
Flexible shifts.
Cons
Temporary. Health care.
Great job for full time college students
Childcare Monitor (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLSeptember 8, 2016
This is a good job for someone who is going to school full-time. If the applicant likes kids, then this is a suitable job for them.
Pros
Easy schedule
Cons
Stressful work environment
Productive and busy enviroment, working with food.
Sub Food Worker (Current Employee) –  7720 W Oklan Park blvdAugust 2, 2016
What a day look like working in the School cafeteria? Well, for me is fun, because I like working with food, and also, doing other staff, like prepared side dishes and deserts, also, prepared the food to be server, next day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
longs hours standing on your feet.
various schools
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 11, 2016
depending on the principal and staff of each school, will depend on how well the school does and staff gets along. Some schools are great to work at and some are not.
Great school!
MATH TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 14, 2015
Fun place to work. Students are great once they know you care.Great magnet program. Supportive staff and administration. However, the benefits are high if you have a dependent. Without dependent your benefits are free.
Pros
great starting salary for new teachers
Cons
Benefits high with 1 dependent
Broward County Public Schools
Teacher kindergarden-12th (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2016
Broward County Public Schools is a fun, friendly environment that loves to help the youth and provide the best learning environment for our kids.
Fun environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 31, 2016
You are teaching and learning all in one shot.The staff is very supportive of each other and everyone looks out for each other.
Pros
Friendly staff
Incredible work experience. Began as a temp and made office manager in 3 years.
Cofidential Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 29, 2015
Enjoyed the entire work experience and the district interaction. The benefits are top notch, the ability to advance is excellent, and the staff and administration I worked for were second to none. Hoping to find the same experience with the Baltimore County Public School Board.
Pros
Benefits and advancement possibliities.
Cons
Raises were slow.
The job was an experience that I would not have traded for anything
Head-Facilities Serviceperson (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale,FlJanuary 5, 2015
Work day was very busy.
That the work I did mattered to a lot of people.
Usually very inappreciative of extra time and effort given(Management).
Great People.
Not having the freedom to be able give as much as you would like to.
Working with my co-works and the kids was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Working Mornings(Day Shift), Good benefits and weekends and Holidays Off.
Cons
Rare lunch breaks
fun position to ease into teaching
Aftercare councelor (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, flSeptember 8, 2015
Manager was fair and understanding. When asked for assistance or support it is given quickly. Corrections in practice or behavior is immediate.
Pros
Support is always there
Cons
Not enough hours, no benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Broward County Public Schools Reviews by Location