Broward County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews in United States

Na
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broward County FloridaJuly 18, 2013
NA Have not worked under the previous two CEO's
good benefits.
Challenging for self motivated manager
COMMANDER, Public Corruption Unit (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 24, 2013
A typical day at work encompassed giving analytical and managerial support to a group of self motivated detectives by encouraging them to proactively address issues that could involve violations of both state and federal laws engaged in by public officials. I was given the ultimate authority by upper management to open and investigate cases that possessed prosecutive potential without having to discuss these matters with my superiors before initiating an investigation. The most difficult part of my position was convincing a prosecutor, may it be state or federal, to give us the tools to solidify successful prosecution. The most enjoyable part of my position was to work with a group of dedicated professionals motivated to serve the public's interest.
Pros
outstanding staff of investigators
Cons
the ineptness of working jointly with prosecutors and other investigative agencies.
An outstanding and highly respected public safety organization
Director of Media Relations / Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaMarch 20, 2013
The 6,000-member Broward Sheriff's Office is one of the largest public safety agencies in the country providing law enforcement, fire rescue, corrections, probation and child protective services in the greater Fort Lauderdale area.
Great place to work with lots of opportunities for career growth
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FlNovember 14, 2013
I worked for the Broward Sheriff's Office for over 12 yrs as a Deputy Sheriff, Detective and Corporal. I worked in several different capacities and was given excellent training, and growth opportunities. The agency as a whole is a great place to work.

4.8