Broward County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews

Initially i had loved the job that allowed helping and saving lives
Communications Operator II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day is busy exciting and constant changes. I learned a lot in this position from medical terms and how difficult being a service to the community really is however the rewards of saving lives is far more than exceeds the joy of the job. The only downsides to this job is that time constraints in some areas are compared to a customer service related instead of people related industry. I would like to see more upgraded and user friendly equipment to allow the Dispatchers to communicate effectively instead of the overhead issuing the blame game. But this is a job only a selected group could handle.
Pros
the ability to swop days off and monitor how much time paid time off or on you have
Cons
break times, time constraints should be case by case.
Rewarding place to work
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2016
The feeling knowing you're helping someone possibility saving their life or even that you're the one keeping them calm and giving them hope in a terrifying situation, is a very rewarding experience
very fast paced and high stress
Communications Operator III (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 30, 2015
Working here was fun and hard. Management was not very understanding to employees having a life out side of work though. Severely over worked and under paid here.
Challenging for self motivated manager
COMMANDER, Public Corruption Unit (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 24, 2013
A typical day at work encompassed giving analytical and managerial support to a group of self motivated detectives by encouraging them to proactively address issues that could involve violations of both state and federal laws engaged in by public officials. I was given the ultimate authority by upper management to open and investigate cases that possessed prosecutive potential without having to discuss these matters with my superiors before initiating an investigation. The most difficult part of my position was convincing a prosecutor, may it be state or federal, to give us the tools to solidify successful prosecution. The most enjoyable part of my position was to work with a group of dedicated professionals motivated to serve the public's interest.
Pros
Outstanding staff of investigators
Cons
The ineptness of working jointly with prosecutors and other investigative agencies.
Great place to work with lots of opportunities for career growth
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FlNovember 14, 2013
I worked for the Broward Sheriff's Office for over 12 yrs as a Deputy Sheriff, Detective and Corporal. I worked in several different capacities and was given excellent training, and growth opportunities. The agency as a whole is a great place to work.
Na
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broward County FloridaJuly 18, 2013
NA Have not worked under the previous two CEO's
good benefits.
An outstanding and highly respected public safety organization
Director of Media Relations / Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaMarch 20, 2013
The 6,000-member Broward Sheriff's Office is one of the largest public safety agencies in the country providing law enforcement, fire rescue, corrections, probation and child protective services in the greater Fort Lauderdale area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward County Sheriff's Office. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6