Broward County Employee Reviews

Interesting and a great learning experience
Freelance Writer and Web Editor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 20, 2015
Broward schools can offer a variety of experience and learning as a teacher. The children are amazing, and hopefully you get with a school that has a great administration; where they lead by example. That makes or breaks it.
Great Organization to work for
Supervisor - Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Broward Health is an amazing organization dedicated to proving employees with all the needed tools and resources to make them amazing. This is what helps them provide great care to its communities.
Challenging work in rewarding public programs
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Enjoyed the fulfilling program work benefiting the public. Learned basics of how government works within the County. Hardest part of job was working in an environment with conflicting authority hierarchies and conflicting assignments.
Pros
Excellent training opportunities
Cons
Government bureaucracy
A place of opportunities
To assist in the layout of foundation (Current Employee) –  Tradewinds ParkAugust 7, 2015
The work day is fast pace and always challenging. I've many skills including supervisor skills, strategic planning, and skill labor. I've managed summer employees and after school/summer programs. I train and always keep my co-workers inform in what is the current status on projects. The hardest part of my job is communication, making sure that everyone is going in one direction. The work friendly environment is the most enjoyable part.
Benefits
Cons
commnuication
Library Work
Workforce Literacy Programmer (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FlJuly 30, 2015
Customer Service, Programming, Teaching, and all aspects of Library Work. Worked with computers and various service points throughout the library system
Supportive administrative staff
Middle School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Margate, FloridaMay 31, 2015
Various skills developed through work with a variety of students and the ability to deal with any type of situation. As a Department Chair, a wider perspective has been gained and the ability to work with adults who need support in a fast paced environment. Great satisfaction is derived from seeing students grow and develop from a timid person to a confident individual ready for the next step in life.
Would not do again
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Pembroke,FLJanuary 28, 2015
I wouldn't put in any stars if it was possible.You're not to think, take initiative, be a human being; you are to function,period.You get in, do your time survive hopefully w/o being written up for anything you may be aware, and get out. There was no hope of a raise, promotion, morale lifted up, respect from supervisors and/or dept. heads . Avoid if you value your humanity & self-worth & respect!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
low self-esteem & robot body w/mind to program what to say & think-perfect broward employee!
Many diverse "personalities"
Building Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Hard to get into. Once your in, its a great job with security and logevity
nice work environment
Office Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 3, 2014
managers and coworkers are very friendly.
My coworkers and awesome. We help each other and we always work as a team.

The most enjoyable part is assist customers with their needs
Bonjour
Teacher Substitute (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale Florida 33317August 19, 2014
A typical day is to greet the students, proceed with lesson plans for the day, The hardest part of my day is if there is not enough time to include all details of the lesson. The most enjoyable part of my day is educating an adult or a child.

Want to know more about Broward County?

Ask a question
Overall good place to work
Marketing Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 19, 2014
Overall good place to work, many fellow employees encourage thinking outside the box. I have had the opportunity to expand my creative skills which now include video editing and web site content management. The drawback is very low pay.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
low pay
Great Health benefits
Budget & Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 3, 2014
Most employees are passionate about their jobs.

A typical day is 8 to 5.

Management varies from department to department.
It has enhanced my customer service skills
Office manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2014
Challenging, interesting and my co-workers made the workday enjoyable. I have learned to be patient and understanding of others.
Pros
enjoyable environment
Cons
no cons
great job
I counsel clients or consumers, individually (Current Employee) –  FORT LAUDERDALEApril 28, 2014
the county is excellent to work for. steady work. short drive. great benefits.
Pros
job security
Cons
clicks
Fast paced, large district with culture for growing and developing leaders.
CHIEF SERVICE QUALITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FloridaDecember 20, 2013
A career in this district has been very rewarding. I have been surrounded by high quality leaders who have mentored and provided opportunities for me to become a leader in a high performing school district. Having come up through the ranks, I have brought much experience and knowledge to the positions I have held. Working with school administrators has been the most rewarding part of my career. Supporting schools and leaders to give our children a high-quality education has been challenging but essential to provide a high quality educational experience for all students and staff. It has truly been rewarding to work in a district that empowers leaders to lead and become innovative thinkers.
Pros
surrounded by high quality leaders and the best students ever!
Cons
challenges in the funding model at the state level.
Fun Place to work
Sales and Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2013
Currently working as an independent consultant and working with great people everyday.
A place with an environmental culture
Student recycling aide (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 5, 2013
Being able to contribute towards a culture of environmentalism and sustainability was really exiting. The days in which we had to do presentations for school children about natural resource conservation, recycling and sustainability were extremely rewarding and satisfying.The hardest part of the job was to get people to understand why it is important to reduce,re-use and recycle.In a Culture used to living in affluence and having endless resources this concept of saving and reusing things that you normally throw away is hard to grasp.With the help of my co-workers and management we were able to establish a kitchen recycling program, which aimed to reduce the amount of waste coming from school kitchens.I enjoyed the fact that my efforts to maintain high levels of recycling in schools around the county were not only benefiting the environment, but the money earned from salvaging these resources was also helping to fund the education of children from my community.
Pros
good work environment, environmentality, sustainability, free breakfast
Cons
short hours
Teaching isn't what it used to be
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 24, 2013
As a high school math teacher, my day was filled with delivering instruction, answering questions, and grading assessments. Outside of the time with students, I would also design instructional materials, create assessments, and contact parents. The most enjoyable part was exploring ways to help students understand the material and getting that "Ah Ha" moment.
Pros
schedule, making a difference
Cons
some difficult behavior students
Best Workplace
Sr. Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 10, 2013
Good Place to work. Enjoyed working with County and got a very good recognition within a short time frame while i was there. Good Team work.
Pros
benefits and healthcare
Cons
no opportunity to grow
Productive and team oriented
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Sunrise,Fl.October 8, 2013
Database entry and development.
All other clerical tasks
Challenged by database/speadsheet tasks and deadlines.
Accomplished goals.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
position eliminated by economic factors