Broward County Employee Reviews in United States

A Workplace from HE Double HOCKEY STICKS!
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2016
Worst organization in history!
They automatically low ball you on compensation because they are a state agency so there's pretty much no room for negotiation on the crumbs they offer. Management is super illiterate and just collecting checks based on the hard work of the employees below them that invest their time and effort into an organization that shows no employee appreciation what so ever.
OPS employment is pretty much a joke and a waste of time, You don't get any sick time, vacation time accrued, no free attendance to a state college ... nothing besides health insurance which they just recently brought after enough complaints. JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!
Pros
NONE!
Cons
EVERYTHING!
Difficult working environment with little adequate leadership
Fourth Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLMarch 2, 2016
The working environment of this school was extremely difficult with inadequate, incompetent leadership. Student behavior was unacceptable and there was no support from the administration. Teacher morale was apparently low.
Pros
I had wonderful colleagues on my team.
Cons
The administrators of the school are incompetent.
Nice working environment
Vector Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Going to work was fun, always something new being discussed or taught. Management was good, and the working atmosphere was nice and motivating at all times. hardest part of the job was just the driving, lots of traffic in fort lauderdale during the week. Most enjoyable part of the job was simply the self motivation I had, and being able to accomplish more than i ever thought was possible.
Pros
limitless advancement opportunities
Cons
lot of driving required
Challenging work in rewarding public programs
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Enjoyed the fulfilling program work benefiting the public. Learned basics of how government works within the County. Hardest part of job was working in an environment with conflicting authority hierarchies and conflicting assignments.
Pros
Excellent training opportunities
Cons
Government bureaucracy
A place of opportunities
To assist in the layout of foundation (Current Employee) –  Tradewinds ParkAugust 7, 2015
The work day is fast pace and always challenging. I've many skills including supervisor skills, strategic planning, and skill labor. I've managed summer employees and after school/summer programs. I train and always keep my co-workers inform in what is the current status on projects. The hardest part of my job is communication, making sure that everyone is going in one direction. The work friendly environment is the most enjoyable part.
Benefits
Cons
commnuication
Interesting and a great learning experience
Freelance Writer and Web Editor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 20, 2015
Broward schools can offer a variety of experience and learning as a teacher. The children are amazing, and hopefully you get with a school that has a great administration; where they lead by example. That makes or breaks it.
Great Organization to work for
Supervisor - Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Broward Health is an amazing organization dedicated to proving employees with all the needed tools and resources to make them amazing. This is what helps them provide great care to its communities.
Supportive administrative staff
Middle School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Margate, FloridaMay 31, 2015
Various skills developed through work with a variety of students and the ability to deal with any type of situation. As a Department Chair, a wider perspective has been gained and the ability to work with adults who need support in a fast paced environment. Great satisfaction is derived from seeing students grow and develop from a timid person to a confident individual ready for the next step in life.
Library Work
Workforce Literacy Programmer (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FlJuly 30, 2015
Customer Service, Programming, Teaching, and all aspects of Library Work. Worked with computers and various service points throughout the library system
Would not do again
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Pembroke,FLJanuary 28, 2015
I wouldn't put in any stars if it was possible.You're not to think, take initiative, be a human being; you are to function,period.You get in, do your time survive hopefully w/o being written up for anything you may be aware, and get out. There was no hope of a raise, promotion, morale lifted up, respect from supervisors and/or dept. heads . Avoid if you value your humanity & self-worth & respect!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
low self-esteem & robot body w/mind to program what to say & think-perfect broward employee!
Teaching isn't what it used to be
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 24, 2013
As a high school math teacher, my day was filled with delivering instruction, answering questions, and grading assessments. Outside of the time with students, I would also design instructional materials, create assessments, and contact parents. The most enjoyable part was exploring ways to help students understand the material and getting that "Ah Ha" moment.
Pros
schedule, making a difference
Cons
some difficult behavior students
Overall good place to work
Marketing Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 19, 2014
Overall good place to work, many fellow employees encourage thinking outside the box. I have had the opportunity to expand my creative skills which now include video editing and web site content management. The drawback is very low pay.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
low pay
Fast paced, large district with culture for growing and developing leaders.
CHIEF SERVICE QUALITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FloridaDecember 20, 2013
A career in this district has been very rewarding. I have been surrounded by high quality leaders who have mentored and provided opportunities for me to become a leader in a high performing school district. Having come up through the ranks, I have brought much experience and knowledge to the positions I have held. Working with school administrators has been the most rewarding part of my career. Supporting schools and leaders to give our children a high-quality education has been challenging but essential to provide a high quality educational experience for all students and staff. It has truly been rewarding to work in a district that empowers leaders to lead and become innovative thinkers.
Pros
surrounded by high quality leaders and the best students ever!
Cons
challenges in the funding model at the state level.
Great job for the high school and college years.
Student Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 24, 2012
Having a job throughout high school and in the summer seasons of college was great. Made all employees timely, responsible for their actions, and taught a great deal reliability and team work. It was a fun place to work while developing responsibility.
nice work environment
Office Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 3, 2014
managers and coworkers are very friendly.
My coworkers and awesome. We help each other and we always work as a team.

The most enjoyable part is assist customers with their needs
Bonjour
Teacher Substitute (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale Florida 33317August 19, 2014
A typical day is to greet the students, proceed with lesson plans for the day, The hardest part of my day is if there is not enough time to include all details of the lesson. The most enjoyable part of my day is educating an adult or a child.
Learned Decision Making Skills
Administrative Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Fleet Services, 1 University Drive, PlantationAugust 18, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to vendors regarding contracts. I enjoyed being a liasion with other departments in Broward County.
Pros
learned decision making skills
Cons
time constraints
Productive and team oriented
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Sunrise,Fl.October 8, 2013
Database entry and development.
All other clerical tasks
Challenged by database/speadsheet tasks and deadlines.
Accomplished goals.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
position eliminated by economic factors
Best Workplace
Sr. Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 10, 2013
Good Place to work. Enjoyed working with County and got a very good recognition within a short time frame while i was there. Good Team work.
Pros
benefits and healthcare
Cons
no opportunity to grow
It has enhanced my customer service skills
Office manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2014
Challenging, interesting and my co-workers made the workday enjoyable. I have learned to be patient and understanding of others.
Pros
enjoyable environment
Cons
no cons