Broward Health North Employee Reviews

Best hospital in the region
RN Med-surg (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 1, 2015
Broward Health North uses teamwork and excels at customer service. The preceptors are wonderful with orienting new nurses. RN's are assigned too many patients per shift.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short or no breaks, 6 to 7 patients per RN
Great place
Volunteer/ Intern (Current Employee) –  FLoridaSeptember 25, 2015
Great staff, sweet patients, and supportive team. I love being there, everyone is very nice and welcoming. I look forward to growing with this company.
A learning experience from patients, co-workers,managers, and doctor's.
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day can be very pleasant or be very challenging.
I have learned that being very organized can be a plus with any situation.
I worked very closely with management and co workers to make the tasks get done easily through the day.
The hardest part of my job is to stay calm during a crisis situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is when your co workers appreciate all the little things you do for them, to make their job easier for them.
Pros
Being Recognized for a job well done
Cons
Short breaks, working longer hours
supportive environment between disciplinary teams to better patient care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 29, 2015
Caring environment, always want patients to be aware of the plan of care. Interdisciplinary collaboration to move the discharge process smoothly and effectively. Still growing, ample opportunity for new nurses.
very great hospital to save your life
Patient Care Assistant / CNA (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 25, 2015
typical night at work was labs, baths answering call lights bed pans, helping family members to understand what we were doing with there loved one. I learned how to draw blood. Management was great. I loved everyone I worked with and still talk to them. Hardest part was seeing the traumas coming in. Most enjoyable part of job was our team work
Pros
co- workers
Cons
1 half hour break for working 12 hour shifts
Great Company
Patient Attendant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 10, 2015
The amazing benefits available at Broward Health North will keep you coming day after day, but it will not come easy and you are going to work hard.
Pros
always busy
Cons
always busy
Productive and fun place with great team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 2, 2014
I work nights which is totally different from days because a majority of the patients on my floor have a change in mentation at night. I have learned to mutitask, prioritize and how to put the needs of others before my own. My co-workers are amazing. They are team players, they are always available to lend a helping hand. Management is very approachable and are always available if and when they are needed. The hardest part of my job is being able to prioritize and multitasking. The most enjoyable part is sitting down with the patients and getting to know them better.
Pros
team work, support
Cons
very busy floor
professional and patient based atmosphere
Registered Nurse-Cardiac Special Care Unit/Step (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2014
management and staff are great team players and supportive
Fun place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Deerfield BeachNovember 23, 2013
Great team work. Environment flt like home. Management was great and effective.
Up beat and fast paced office
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 18, 2013
This job allowed me to cultivate and build rapports with patients. I have learned more about Rules and Regulations of the company standards. Also I have learned about lab work and test names.
Clickish. Bullyish manager on oncology floor
RN (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach-oncology floorFebruary 13, 2013
Worked on oncology floor for one year and quit after extensive bullying from one of the managers and lack of support from some of the old time clickish nurses. Should have gone to HR rather than trying to stick it out then finally quitting. One manager had it in for me from the get go and even stated to me, "Nobody likes you here" As a result, my work greatly suffered and for the only time in my long career, I ended up not doing a good job..That's what bullying can do for you!! This is a busy floor but doable and would greatly benefit by either getting rid of the clicks or doing some intensive sensitivity training.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
some of the nursing staff & one manager "eat their own"
Family environment
Radiology Coordinator Medical Imaging/QA (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Bch, FLDecember 18, 2012
longevity is encouraged
HR and mentoring are my favorites. Scheduling and patient flow. patient contact and making a difference everyday
Pros
health care is number one
Cons
stable
Quality health care
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 18, 2012
Consistently treating patients throughout the work day.
Efficient