Broward Health Employee Reviews in United States

Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2016
A typical day at work sometimes slow, when time that happened. I'm looking something to do like stocking all the supplies in our area and throw all the old extra specimen. Every day I learned something new and different,when physician ordering the test that floor nurse didn't know what type of specimen he or she drawn the blood I search the test to the different laboratory.
All the specimens I receive all though is routine test I treat them as a stat.Every year the management give you a free lunch on cafeteria your birthday. Every body treat you equal. I learned nothing hard if you willing to learn and devoted to your job. Most enjoyable part of my job we celebrate employee birthday my supervisor never forget all there employee and we celebrate pot-luck, and Hospital anniversary every year have a big barbecue outside the hospital and sound deejays.
Pros
Free lunch Hospital Anniversay every year
Cons
health care
Good but no
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Stack up the experiece and move on quickly. Friends are not your there. Stressful environment. Good benefits. Managers dont keep their word and take credit for your hard work.
Pros
Good but no!
Cons
people always gunning for your spot, Do anything to get you fired or in trouble. Dont tryst anyone mgt included.
productive but judgmental workplace
Cardiologist Physician Practice (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 9, 2016
At first I thought I finally got in with my dream job and everything was great. But after a while I noticed a lot of favoritism from the management down to the physician. And not to mention my boss was not practicing confidentiality, just not trust worthy at all. Anything you told her in private if it was not being repeated in the office setting, it was taking place on the phone on their personal time.I was truly excited to be a part of Broward Health and unfortunately i was given a test of the dark side.If I was ever given another chance I would not go with any of their Cardiologist practices.
Pros
discount lunches, great insurance, title, pay rate
Cons
bad judge of character for management in physician practice
productive working long hours
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me; is working in a hospital setting knowing what my job consists of and and how busy the day would be especially when you are there trying to make someone feel better so that they could get back home to there love ones or back to there basic rouiten. I have learned so much being in the medical field on how to take care of a patient and working along with my co-workers and sharing Ideas on what is the best solution to making sure the patient needs all met. The hardest part of the job is when You lose a patient and you have tried everything you can to save them.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
working twelves hours shift lunch not long enough.
loved my co- workers
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed my years with the company wished management was better but other than that i loved working there. The team was wonderful enjoyed waking up going to work. the department was awesome loved the co-workers it was a real family but the management sucked they never stood behind the employees
Pros
co workers
Cons
managment
Great place to work. I would recommend this employer.
RADIOLOGY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 3, 2015
I am trained to assist any technologist during any procedure in any area of the radiology department. I learned all about the exams, i/e prep, duration, pathology, etc. Management really cares about your experience as an employee and I have been asked for my feedback many times. I am impressed with all of my co-workers and their willingness to teach me how to do my job properly. The hardest part of my job so far has been learning how to operate in a sterile environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being involved with the procedures and learning how to acquire diagnostic images.
Pros
Great people, Great experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Family like atmosphere but promotions are few and far between.
Nutritional Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2016
I love going to work! Its a dynamic work environment and when you walk in you feel like family. I get along well with my coworkers and management. However, the monetary compensation is not there. We do receive an annual increase but your base pay is low.
Pros
Free food, excellent benefits
Cons
pay is low
enjoyable place to work and they appreciate what you do.
Senior Service Mechanic (Plant Operator) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 11, 2015
Our typical day starts with a morning meeting with all the staff in our department to discuss what happened the day before or the day ahead.After the meeting i go out to the plant and do my daily routine as far as maintaining the equipment,dealing with contractors and my weekly p.m's which are giving out at the beginning of every month.We have a great group of guys we are always having fun but the work gets done.The hardest part of the jobs is just to make sure all my paperwork is done on time with no mistakes and the most enjoyable is seeing everyone in the hospital cause we all build little relationships.
Pros
great working hours, good benefits and staff and management are friendly.
Cons
just takes a while to move up in my department.
able to help others
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2016
I love working with others and being able to help others. I learned how to give my all to my patients and to my co-workers. My co-workers love working with me because i'm a team player and I work well with others. The hardest part of my job is not able to save everyone and the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to save so many lives.
Pros
Taking care of others
Cons
Not able to save everyone
Met good people and gained people's skills.
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 11, 2016
At Broward Health, I became friends with my co-workers, the security guards were friendly, I met some nice patients while discharging them, and I gained people's skills!
Pros
Gained people's skills
Cons
$6 budget for lunch
great training
Registered Nurse- Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2016
Broward health system is a great starter place to work for registered nurse, I've been there seven years and I must say I have learned alot
na
Nuclear Medicine, PET/CT, & CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 3, 2016
A typical work environment. I have worked for many years and very difficult to obtain a full-time job. Overall have enjoyed working here. Great people to work with.
the work place offer a lots of break room
Patient care associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Pt was complaining about the waiting times.

I learn how to dealing with irate patients

I learn how to self- awareness and sensitivity in relation to business and management issues.

Getting along with co-workers is not always easy.Therefore, it may be smarter to learn how to deal with co-workers and avoid conflict altogether.

The angry Clients who dislike people. This are the people that I find it difficult to work with.They have been the hardest part of my job so far.

Working alongside my colleagues and I learn about new sustainable technologies.
Always busy
Administrative/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 12, 2016
Working in a hospital you almost never have a quiet day. There is always something happening. I do have my work to do but there are other things happening. I like that about my job and keeping busy.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Dental Care
Broward Health
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FlJune 30, 2015
Safe and productive environment that ensure employee and clients satisfaction through ongoing staff education and quality service improvements. The benefits are great and upward mobility or further advancement is more attainable once you've got a foot in the door.
Pros
Flexible hours, Benefits and Discounts at some restaurants and pharmacies
Cons
Job is not challenging, no Windows in offices
Good Benefits but low pay
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2015
I love my coworkers and the work that I do. Working at the hospital is very rewarding and the benefits are great. But the pay is just way too low and there are people that are being employed with less experience and being paid more than seasoned employees.
Pros
Long lunches, Great benefits, good environment
Cons
Low pay
fun and great people
Financial Analyst / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2015
Focus a lot on numbers, great employees, take care of employee throughout the ear with different activities. Benefits are decent and also receive bonuses if we meet numbers
Pros
great employee functions
Cons
short breaks, horrible parking for employees
Crazy hours, Lots of busy work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 23, 2015
Extremely busy and stressful environment. You will always find yourself busy and rushed (Unless you work the night shift). Some of the clinical staff could be unfriendly and rude to the clerical staff. Most departments appreciate those employees who are going to school and accommodate your schedule depending on your needs. Salaries are lower compared to other hospitals in the area. One of the best things about working for Broward Health is that it is a respected organization and it gives you a good reference.
Pros
Starbucks 24 hrs.
Cons
Scheduling, Salary, parking
great place to work in
Physician Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2015
Office staff became like my family.
Great benefits such as medical ins., Dental, 403b plan
Fast pace office
Patients were polite for the most part
Commute was with in 10 min.
Pros
FLEXABLE DR APPT WITH WORK SCH.
Cons
COMPANY TO IS BIG IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET TO KNOW THEM BY FACE OTHER THAN JUST E-MAIL
I truly enjoy my job and my co-workers
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST RT(R) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Unfortunately, my position is being eliminated due to the Doctors resigning. I have been a dedicated and loyal employee during my employment and find it extremely sad that there's no department, hospital or physician office where I can be placed.