Broward Health

Broward Health Employee Reviews

Very Different
Senior Physician Office Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 28, 2015
no room for advancement, you are looked over for internal transfers, its who you know instead of what you know even with the experience.
Crazy hours, Lots of busy work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Starbucks 24 hrs.
Cons: Scheduling, Salary, parking
Extremely busy and stressful environment. You will always find yourself busy and rushed (Unless you work the night shift). Some of the clinical staff could be unfriendly and rude to the clerical staff. Most departments appreciate those employees who are going to school and accommodate your schedule depending on your needs. Salaries are lower compared to other hospitals in the area. One of the best things about working for Broward Health is that it is a respected organization and it gives you a good reference.
Very busy place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2015
Working as Respiratory Therapist at Broward Health Center was not very pleasant. Twelve hours shift work load was always overload and work assignment scheduled all over the place which is huge. You could go back and forward from atrium to towers and have this same time 4 different floors do not even mention having patients on vents and floors, and this same time going to every code blue and rapid response.
A typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 17, 2015
Pros: A wonderful learning environment
Cons: Politics and cliques
The NICU at Broward Health is a level III. There were always critically ill neonates on ventilators and all type of activities relating to the care and support of these tiny lives. It was busy from report to end of shift. Doctors are available 24 hours a day in house and spend much of their time in the unit day and night. I attended critical deliveries and provided acute resuscitation and stabilization as needed.
A county hospital that speaks for itself
Senior Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 15, 2015
Although this hospital lacked support and organization, it ran quite well. Management was dedicated and personal, doctors were very efficient, and staff was awesome. It was one of the greatest learning facilities that I've ever encountered. It did not have a Pyxis system or PDC (product distribution center), but ran well and was able to help each individual on a level that I've never encountered before. Some of the doctors that I worked with, truly preformed "miracles".
Health environment
Guest Services/Receptionist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunch meal tickets
Cons: Short breaks
Working in the hospital has been a great experience, the nurses are very friendly and helpful.They are willing to teach and train others that are newly hired and the experience is life changing
Great company
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2015
I love BHMC, I have been volunteering there since I was in high school and recently had an internship there. the environment is welcoming .
excellent place to work , im just relocationg
medical assistant (Current Employee), fort lauderdale flAugust 4, 2015
Broward Health is an amazing place to work the whole staff goes out of our way to help another, Patients are always first prioity. I would love to work for a company that puts the patient or consumer ALWAYS first.
Patient Account Collection Rep (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 28, 2015
Account mantainence. Collecting current and aged accounts. Reading contracts.Refunding overpaid accounts. Good coworkers. Excellent team work. Love reading contracts
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2015
This is a very innovative and fast paced hospital. The Emergency room and CVICU / CCU units are very busy. Great place to learn and grow as a nurse!
Extremely high tech environment.Knowlegeable staff.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Learning environment
Cons: Short breaks
Huge hospital with with great learning opportunities for Registered Nurses.Fast paced and consistently innovating.
Broward Health
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FlJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, Benefits and Discounts at some restaurants and pharmacies
Cons: Job is not challenging, no Windows in offices
Safe and productive environment that ensure employee and clients satisfaction through ongoing staff education and quality service improvements. The benefits are great and upward mobility or further advancement is more attainable once you've got a foot in the door.
productive fun workplace
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2015
I work at a productive fun workplace where on any giving day, there is almost also like ten trauma's. My day typically evolves working in the emergency department where I have to deal with a lot of different individuals from different backgrounds. My co workers are some of the best and well educated in our fields.
Excellent work environment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleJune 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent working environment.
Cons: None
A typical day at work entails utilization review of patient's records, plan of care from physicians offices and clinics to ensure that patients met severity of illness and intensity of service for admission to inpatient hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, durable medical equipments and therapies. I was also responsible for coordinating discharge planning with physicians, inpatient case managers, social workers and office managers for the continued care along the continuum of care. Management was good as they had an open door policy to all employees and kept us abreast of new policies. I had a good relationship with co-workers. I really enjoyed my job while communicating (telephonically, face-to-face and electronically) with members of the health-care team and patients to ensure that the patients were assured of continued care from inpatient to outpatient or home care.
enjoyable place to work and they appreciate what you do.
Senior Service Mechanic (Plant Operator) (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: great working hours, good benefits and staff and management are friendly.
Cons: just takes a while to move up in my department.
Our typical day starts with a morning meeting with all the staff in our department to discuss what happened the day before or the day ahead.After the meeting i go out to the plant and do my daily routine as far as maintaining the equipment,dealing with contractors and my weekly p.m's which are giving out at the beginning of every month.We have a great group of guys we are always having fun but the work gets done.The hardest part of the jobs is just to make sure all my paperwork is done on time with no mistakes and the most enjoyable is seeing everyone in the hospital cause we all build little relationships.
Risk Management Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2015
Loved this job
Learned malpractice claims and reporting through a claims data base
Nothing very hard -
Working independently
A turning point in my transcription profession
Radiology Transcription-Senior Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Learning my chosen profession at this second job post
Cons: Not applicable
This was my second job as a Medical Transcriptionist. It was seasonal employment and I took on all the responsibilities as the Senior Transcriptionist for the Cancer Center. My day was filled with filing, transcribing, typing,and preparing letters for physicians... What I learned was organization is key...Management was very helpful and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was knowing when to pull charts and whose to leave out but I eventually developed a rhythm...The most enjoyable part of the job was completing it.
Exciting Workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 15, 2015
Pros: bounses
I have really enjoyed working at Broward health Medical Center over the years, this is the first hospital I ever worked at and I was able to fit in well and have learn so much about the medical field and have obtain skills and knowledge from the medical field that will last with me forever
Amazing team
Staff (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.March 13, 2015
An amazing team to work with, doctors and staff alike. Benefits were exceptional. Learning was fostered. Equipment readily available and functional.
Terrible Management from the top down, antiquated leader habits that translate to employees. More politics than anyplace I've ever worked.
Clinical (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lower cost benefit ratio
Cons: poor poor leadership and management
There really needs to be a cleaning of the house especially at the C-suite level. No accountability, no leadership, they say one thing one day and switch anyway the wind blows later. Worse work experience ever, so happy not there anymore. Don't make the mistake it is a large place yes, but they are so way behind everyone else when it comes industry standards, IT, Communications, etc.
Industry