Broward Health Employee Reviews

Unsettling
Human Resource Generalist / ER Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306September 17, 2017
Broward Health had management issues. Difficult to navigate the processes and management for improvement and advancement. Such a vital entity and should operate better.Hoping they will get back on track for the betterment of the community they serve
relaxed
Nutritional Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 7, 2017
great job. depending on what department you work for, determines what kind of individuals you will encounter. the pay is great and the hours have approved as well. overall a great opportunity especially if you just need to put your foot in the door
Excellent enviroment. I have learned alot
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2017
Great friendly enviroment. Staff are friendly. Clean and warm. Teamwork is great..H.r is berry helpful and they have great programs Like Eap.. It helps employee who need personal help.
No review
Graphic Communication (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2017
My years there have been good. There is good and bad to every company and position. This job allowed me to care for my family for over 20 years and there are many people I worked with that I am glad to have gotten the chance to know them over the years.
Broward Health
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 26, 2017
The work overload is horrendous! There were to many bosses that was just average employees with no Management title. Overall, the company benefits was great.
Pros
Secured job, benefits, and meal card
Cons
work overload, bad mangement, and etc...
Decent company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 18, 2017
BH is a decent place to work. Good benefits and opportunities for growth are available. Each department has its own culture and some are known for being difficult to work in.
Ups and downs but a great company
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2017
A great company to work for. Once you learn your work and environment your day to day becomes routine in an office. The hardest part of my job would be training/explaining timecards and/or paychecks to people that don't want to listen.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay
productive
Amb Bus Spec./Fin Counselor/Med Records Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2017
I love what I do in my position. All different types of patient meet on a daily . Patient are happy when they're come in and staff greet them by personally knowing them by name .
Pros
operation hours
Cons
short lunch
horrible management
Patient Account Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2017
Horrible Management. No room for growth. Mean spirited. Lacks management skills. disrespectful. No employee retention. Dishonest management. Lacks fundamentals to manage adults
Pros
Good Benefits
family orientated
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 9, 2017
i love this place, just they pay is't enough for me at this time, there is room for growth ,but as any job you have to keep applying , i don't want to disclosed too much information about this place because its not a bad place at all its just the department i'm in doing data entry doesn't pay for a person of my age trying to live
Pros
great team, family orientated, room for growth
Cons
depending on the department you may not make what your looking for
Relaxed
Case Manager/Team Builder Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2017
Broward Health is a great place to work. Newly diagnosed HIV patients come into clinic for the first time being distraught and scared to death, it is the staff duty to educate and calm the patient down then get them started with treatment.
not a great place to work
Team Lead Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 4, 2017
absolutely no job advancement, salaries are extremelly low witha lot of work overload. management do not support staff, job security is minimal if not part of managements "clan". if you ask for a raise, eventually they will find means to terminate you. Salary inccrease is frown upon. job securty is not great for any non-medical or management staff and staff is disposable.
Pros
can make a patient better
Cons
management, salaries, and everything else
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 26, 2017
I loved my coworkers and working as a part of a multidisciplinary team in this facility. At times management was not supportive of staff needs, which was extremely frustrating.
Fun place to work. Place where advancing is high.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work. An environment where you can learn a lot. They offer great benefits. They also offer some compensation for furthering your education.
Pros
Benefits and advancement
Cons
You work all year round because it's a hospital.
Relaxed, Hard working, Well manageable
Him Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2017
I would come in and clock in say good morning to every one. check my schedule for the morning and pull for any add on. Check my phone for and messages from the night before the I began to prink new schedules for the next three upcoming clinics and I pull then I check to see what task that I have and track those just manage my desk.

I learn something new almost everyday as far as the nextgen system that we are working on.

The work place culture is great there are different backgrounds and they all blend well.

The hardest part of my job, is all the phone calls that come at once for personal information.

The best part of my job is the ones that I am able to work with and my boss.
Productive great work enviiromemt
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 21, 2017
•Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
•Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
•Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
•Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
•Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
Good learning experience
Infectious Disease/Med-Surge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 21, 2017
Difficult patient population. Very good learning environment for a new nurse to learn time management and skills. Very emotionally taxing. Hard work , high patient load
Management Invisible
RN (Current Employee) –  FloorJuly 15, 2017
Doubt the CNO has left her office in last 6 months. Nurse Mgrs have no authority to make changes. Hateful back-stabbing employees. Feds need to come in & see what's really going on.
Pros
Pay decent
Cons
Poor attitudes by most employees
Terrible place to work as a new nurse
Med-Surg/Stroke/Telemetry/Progressive Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2017
Over worked, understaffed. Management does not value employees, you are just a body. Pay sucks floor is 75% staffed with agency at night. UNSAFE environment for staff and patients. Acts as if they care about patient satisfaction but nothing improves because no one really cares. Do not settle for this place. Explore better options as you will be expected to turn a blind eye to things that aren't right and will be written up for incidences that you had no support in handling. If you choose this place...Remember reading this post ..."i told you so!"
Pleasant
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 28, 2017
This was a Temporary position, so I was only there for a couple of months. I was a great office to work for thought. Most of the staff was pleasant and the doctor was awesome.
Pros
The opportunity to help
Cons
A temp position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward Health. Our community is ready to answer.