Broward Health Employee Reviews in United States

productive working long hours
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me; is working in a hospital setting knowing what my job consists of and and how busy the day would be especially when you are there trying to make someone feel better so that they could get back home to there love ones or back to there basic rouiten. I have learned so much being in the medical field on how to take care of a patient and working along with my co-workers and sharing Ideas on what is the best solution to making sure the patient needs all met. The hardest part of the job is when You lose a patient and you have tried everything you can to save them.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
working twelves hours shift lunch not long enough.
productive but judgmental workplace
Cardiologist Physician Practice (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 9, 2016
At first I thought I finally got in with my dream job and everything was great. But after a while I noticed a lot of favoritism from the management down to the physician. And not to mention my boss was not practicing confidentiality, just not trust worthy at all. Anything you told her in private if it was not being repeated in the office setting, it was taking place on the phone on their personal time.I was truly excited to be a part of Broward Health and unfortunately i was given a test of the dark side.If I was ever given another chance I would not go with any of their Cardiologist practices.
Pros
discount lunches, great insurance, title, pay rate
Cons
bad judge of character for management in physician practice
One of my favorite jobs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2016
Worked here, thought they had great benefits and were great at orienting nurses. They're big on educating their nurses and there was a lot of opportunity to learn, also a lot of opportunity to grow. There's plenty of jobs and they're very open at helping you find the right place for you in the company, just don't be afraid to talk to managers or even the department you're looking to move to.
Pros
Supportive, great with education
Cons
Busy, pay
great training
Registered Nurse- Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2016
Broward health system is a great starter place to work for registered nurse, I've been there seven years and I must say I have learned alot
na
Nuclear Medicine, PET/CT, & CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 3, 2016
A typical work environment. I have worked for many years and very difficult to obtain a full-time job. Overall have enjoyed working here. Great people to work with.
Family like atmosphere but promotions are few and far between.
Nutritional Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2016
I love going to work! Its a dynamic work environment and when you walk in you feel like family. I get along well with my coworkers and management. However, the monetary compensation is not there. We do receive an annual increase but your base pay is low.
Pros
Free food, excellent benefits
Cons
pay is low
Met good people and gained people's skills.
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 11, 2016
At Broward Health, I became friends with my co-workers, the security guards were friendly, I met some nice patients while discharging them, and I gained people's skills!
Pros
Gained people's skills
Cons
$6 budget for lunch
able to help others
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2016
I love working with others and being able to help others. I learned how to give my all to my patients and to my co-workers. My co-workers love working with me because i'm a team player and I work well with others. The hardest part of my job is not able to save everyone and the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to save so many lives.
Pros
Taking care of others
Cons
Not able to save everyone
Always busy
Administrative/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 12, 2016
Working in a hospital you almost never have a quiet day. There is always something happening. I do have my work to do but there are other things happening. I like that about my job and keeping busy.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Dental Care
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2016
A typical day at work sometimes slow, when time that happened. I'm looking something to do like stocking all the supplies in our area and throw all the old extra specimen. Every day I learned something new and different,when physician ordering the test that floor nurse didn't know what type of specimen he or she drawn the blood I search the test to the different laboratory.
All the specimens I receive all though is routine test I treat them as a stat.Every year the management give you a free lunch on cafeteria your birthday. Every body treat you equal. I learned nothing hard if you willing to learn and devoted to your job. Most enjoyable part of my job we celebrate employee birthday my supervisor never forget all there employee and we celebrate pot-luck, and Hospital anniversary every year have a big barbecue outside the hospital and sound deejays.
Pros
Free lunch Hospital Anniversay every year
Cons
health care
loved my co- workers
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed my years with the company wished management was better but other than that i loved working there. The team was wonderful enjoyed waking up going to work. the department was awesome loved the co-workers it was a real family but the management sucked they never stood behind the employees
Pros
co workers
Cons
managment
Needs the Department of Labor and Justice to intervene- Horrible work environment
former employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Most enjoyable day to day operation included to have successfully served the clients and to further attempt to make every effort to learn new skills.

Unfortunately, if you are seen as someone with too much potential you become an outcast and every low blow act becomes the way of life, mostly especially with the middle management and untrained managers.

One of the most horrifying experience was the challenge of allowing oneself to be lead by some unprofessional who demonstrated poor work ethics and unethical leadership traits constantly. The fact that there was no way out other than to follow directions and not say a word despite the situation was a constant nightmare to live through and endure on a daily basis.

The constant struggle with reprisals and fair of being constantly exposed to further reprisals including engaging other staff members to be contentious, be a bully, nitpick and harassed other staff members so it appears that an individual is not a team player or uncooperative was a very frightening experience. Being professional only indicated as signs of weakness, scared and every low blow concept one can possible think of.

Intimidation and fear is 100% high at that place among (some managers and supervisors, not all of them). If you are not with the clicks- be prepared to deal with the harsh consequences!

Broward health is a for profit organization that has the facilities and capacity to promote health wellbeing and improve people’s lives on all levels, including, employees, however, there needs to be a great deal of change in the internal structure
  more... of hierarchy with regard to leadership. the need to hire qualified and trained leaders is essential to growth of Broward Health. Moral and ethical principles are completely lacking which will surely result in major legal problems.

A non-participant such as The Department of Justice and Labor can see right through the beurocracy among the power struggle that engages internally
Pros
Thankful for the work experience and great people I came in contact with
Cons
Managers needs to conduct themselves professionally and ethically
Good but no
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Stack up the experiece and move on quickly. Friends are not your there. Stressful environment. Good benefits. Managers dont keep their word and take credit for your hard work.
Pros
Good but no!
Cons
people always gunning for your spot, Do anything to get you fired or in trouble. Dont tryst anyone mgt included.
I truly enjoy my job and my co-workers
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST RT(R) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Unfortunately, my position is being eliminated due to the Doctors resigning. I have been a dedicated and loyal employee during my employment and find it extremely sad that there's no department, hospital or physician office where I can be placed.
Calm and eventful work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at Broward health involved me patrolling the exterior of the hospital. I also would have to direct or escort visitors to where they needed to be. I also relieved the other security guards for there lunch break.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
No lunches always on call
nice work place
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 12, 2016
great people to work with, everyone helps each other, alots of laughter and even more work, overall great place to work.
Organization going through many changes
Contract Manager & Physician Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 12, 2016
See attached resume.
Hard working professional with a multitude of tasks.
Daily responsibilities include Physician Recruitment, initiating letters of intent, contracts, and credentialing.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Recent changes
fast pacev working office
Clerical Support and Paralegal (Former Employee) –  ft lauderdale flDecember 8, 2015
fast pace friendly working environment. multi task job. enjoyed working in the legal department. I was with this organization for 25 years.
Great place to work. I would recommend this employer.
RADIOLOGY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 3, 2015
I am trained to assist any technologist during any procedure in any area of the radiology department. I learned all about the exams, i/e prep, duration, pathology, etc. Management really cares about your experience as an employee and I have been asked for my feedback many times. I am impressed with all of my co-workers and their willingness to teach me how to do my job properly. The hardest part of my job so far has been learning how to operate in a sterile environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being involved with the procedures and learning how to acquire diagnostic images.
Pros
Great people, Great experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Benefits but low pay
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2015
I love my coworkers and the work that I do. Working at the hospital is very rewarding and the benefits are great. But the pay is just way too low and there are people that are being employed with less experience and being paid more than seasoned employees.
Pros
Long lunches, Great benefits, good environment
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward Health. Our community is ready to answer.