Broward Health

Broward Health Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2015
This is a very innovative and fast paced hospital. The Emergency room and CVICU / CCU units are very busy. Great place to learn and grow as a nurse!
Extremely high tech environment.Knowlegeable staff.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Learning environment
Cons: Short breaks
Huge hospital with with great learning opportunities for Registered Nurses.Fast paced and consistently innovating.
Broward Health
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FlJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, Benefits and Discounts at some restaurants and pharmacies
Cons: Job is not challenging, no Windows in offices
Safe and productive environment that ensure employee and clients satisfaction through ongoing staff education and quality service improvements. The benefits are great and upward mobility or further advancement is more attainable once you've got a foot in the door.
productive fun workplace
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2015
I work at a productive fun workplace where on any giving day, there is almost also like ten trauma's. My day typically evolves working in the emergency department where I have to deal with a lot of different individuals from different backgrounds. My co workers are some of the best and well educated in our fields.
Excellent work environment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleJune 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent working environment.
Cons: None
A typical day at work entails utilization review of patient's records, plan of care from physicians offices and clinics to ensure that patients met severity of illness and intensity of service for admission to inpatient hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, durable medical equipments and therapies. I was also responsible for coordinating discharge planning with physicians, inpatient case managers, social workers and office managers for the continued care along the continuum of care. Management was good as they had an open door policy to all employees and kept us abreast of new policies. I had a good relationship with co-workers. I really enjoyed my job while communicating (telephonically, face-to-face and electronically) with members of the health-care team and patients to ensure that the patients were assured of continued care from inpatient to outpatient or home care.
enjoyable place to work and they appreciate what you do.
Senior Service Mechanic (Plant Operator) (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: great working hours, good benefits and staff and management are friendly.
Cons: just takes a while to move up in my department.
Our typical day starts with a morning meeting with all the staff in our department to discuss what happened the day before or the day ahead.After the meeting i go out to the plant and do my daily routine as far as maintaining the equipment,dealing with contractors and my weekly p.m's which are giving out at the beginning of every month.We have a great group of guys we are always having fun but the work gets done.The hardest part of the jobs is just to make sure all my paperwork is done on time with no mistakes and the most enjoyable is seeing everyone in the hospital cause we all build little relationships.
Risk Management Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2015
Loved this job
Learned malpractice claims and reporting through a claims data base
Nothing very hard -
Working independently
A turning point in my transcription profession
Radiology Transcription-Senior Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Learning my chosen profession at this second job post
Cons: Not applicable
This was my second job as a Medical Transcriptionist. It was seasonal employment and I took on all the responsibilities as the Senior Transcriptionist for the Cancer Center. My day was filled with filing, transcribing, typing,and preparing letters for physicians... What I learned was organization is key...Management was very helpful and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was knowing when to pull charts and whose to leave out but I eventually developed a rhythm...The most enjoyable part of the job was completing it.
Exciting Workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 15, 2015
Pros: bounses
I have really enjoyed working at Broward health Medical Center over the years, this is the first hospital I ever worked at and I was able to fit in well and have learn so much about the medical field and have obtain skills and knowledge from the medical field that will last with me forever
Amazing team
Staff (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.March 13, 2015
An amazing team to work with, doctors and staff alike. Benefits were exceptional. Learning was fostered. Equipment readily available and functional.
Terrible Management from the top down, antiquated leader habits that translate to employees. More politics than anyplace I've ever worked.
Clinical (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lower cost benefit ratio
Cons: poor poor leadership and management
There really needs to be a cleaning of the house especially at the C-suite level. No accountability, no leadership, they say one thing one day and switch anyway the wind blows later. Worse work experience ever, so happy not there anymore. Don't make the mistake it is a large place yes, but they are so way behind everyone else when it comes industry standards, IT, Communications, etc.
Productive & Fun Place
Physician Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 3, 2015
Productive & Fun Place to work in Florida. Great Management and work culture. Reputed organization and among the top ten hospital systems in United States
lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 18, 2015
receiving specimens, send out, lab miscellaneous ordered, answering phone, invision spin blood body fluid , walk sample to right department called the floor for wrong order or mislabels or unlabels and more
Fun work place
Medical Assistant I (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Very busy from the time I start until I finish. Work Monday thru Friday. Staff is nice people and you can talk to them about anything. Good Company to work for.
wonderful workplace
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJanuary 12, 2015
good management . good benefit great people to work with.....................................................................................................................................................................
Great team work and opportunities to advance
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLJanuary 7, 2015
The workplace is challenging and fun at the same time. The best part is the team work,both being a team player and team leader. The best part of the job is that it involves helping people in distress and each day at work, I can make a difference in someone's life. The benefits are great and there are immense opportunities for professional advancement.
busy workplace
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: dont get sick for to long. if you do, you are out of the job.
Busy registering patients, getting authorizations, collecting ded & copays. Helping patients & their family, doctors, co-workers to meet their needs. Do my job correctly in a timely manor, treat everyone with respect. I like my co-workers & get along with everyone. To see the patient getting sicker & pass away. I enjoy helping people with anything they need & make them happy. When patients get better makes me very happy. I love my job.
Busy
Medical Office Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 27, 2014
Pros: working for a office that appreciate you on a job well done
Cons: not having co-workers that work as a team. and respect for your doctor's and team
Typical day at work is answering multiple calls setting appointments. And also prepping charts for the week. Getting consuls from the hospital for the doctor that's on call for that day.Working with my co-workers is great it's all about team work. The hardest part is trying to give 100% to your patient and answering the phones at the sometime. Plus Checking in And out.The must enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on your patients face when you give them great service. Plus working with such great doctors that appreciate you on how you work. That's always a plus.
the worse hospital
Radiolgic Technologist (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 26, 2014
bullying and harassment goes on at this hospital all the time.
Great People to Work with
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 11, 2014
I worked from home but when I did go around the hospital it was always great to see all the staff.
Industry